• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Spoit

which I would argue isn't as good as a 3.3% chance at old man logan, but that might just be me :p

hmm we are making really good time on this round, the next refresh should do it. It's quite possible we could get the black hulkbuster cover as well and maybe have time for the two falcap covers. We should get the legendary token with the next refresh. After that we will need to decide which one to go after.

I would like to have a black hulkbuster cover but I will work towards falcap as well. It also might make the most sense if the people who can defeat the next round's cap without to much trouble work on him while everyone else jumps to team cap to start working on him.
Cap is a pushover. It's the survival nodes where you have to bring along worthless people like quake, Mr fantastic, or vision, that are a bear

zulux21

Cap is a pushover. It's the survival nodes where you have to bring along worthless people like quake, Mr fantastic, or vision, that are a bear

for people who are still working on getting a 3 star roster I don't imagine our level 350 cap is all that easy :p

zulux21

I see we just got the LT award for Team Iron Man. Ironically I got a FalCap cover making him 0/0/4 for me.

:/

:p
could have gotten
ms7wBU4.png
she is 3/1/2 for me now.

logically if we all jumped to team cap now we might be able to get the legendary token there as well.
that being said I think the black hulkbuster cover is better than the legendary token but as I said before just point me and I will go :p

ill figure it out in 2 hours or so though as that is how long I have to wait before my fight unlocks again :p

I am leaning towards killing cap on team iron man, but doing the unlock nodes on team cap to give the node points over there right now.

except for winter soldier, I will have to do the hulkbuster one on iron man's side to unlock that one since I don't have winter soldier.

Triz

I pulled a Drax with the Civil War Token. I don't care where we go from this point. But please give me some direction ;)

hitoman

I started doing the cap ones cause I saw that other conversations about switching and kinda agree with that. If I should stop let me know.

zulux21

I suggest we switch after getting black HB, which should be doable in 15ish hours.

Thoughts?

it seems cap has 61k life in the last round lol.

that is a lot of life to burn through.

but yeah like I said I think maybe we should work on black HB, but those who don't have at least strong 3* rosters could start working on team cap as the current CAP is likely really hard to deal with for people without a solid 3 star team.

also they responded to the jump in scaling.

Hi all,

I checked with the dev team regarding 'Civil War' event scaling and the official word is:

"The difficulty scaling is intended. We will look at how everyone does and adjust accordingly."

really wish they wouldn't make such huge jumps in scaling, but alas they hate it when people have fun and hate it when people can actually get rewards. only X number of people should get the rewards in any given event, more than that and they are failing to milk people as hard as possible :p

Spoit

Boo, my legendary token was just another iceman cover, and his legendary token was just another x-farce.

So I have an extra hour before the node refreshes. What are we doing? If we're splitting off, I can keep grinding cap, since like I said, HB is silly.

NineH

I'm thinking we should probably stick to getting the third hulkbuster cover since some in the alliance may still need it and he's pretty useful. Although I have an ulterior motive since I think I want to grind for the legendary progression award at 1.2 million if I remember right.

zulux21

Boo, my legendary token was just another iceman cover, and his legendary token was just another x-farce.

So I have an extra hour before the node refreshes. What are we doing? If we're splitting off, I can keep grinding cap, since like I said, HB is silly.
I got quake and then spider gwen from CP. The girls are all coming my way tonight.
I'm thinking we should probably stick to getting the third hulkbuster cover since some in the alliance may still need it and he's pretty useful. Although I have an ulterior motive since I think I want to grind for the legendary progression award at 1.2 million if I remember right.

I did what I said I went with team cap refresh nodes and then beat up Cap as that allows me to work on team cap a bit, but since I have a strong enough roster to still kill cap I figure I can keep grinding for hulkbuster since that cover would be quite useful to me as 5/1/3 looks way better than 5/0/3 (and should make it an easy event nice time hulkbuster comes around in DDQ)

that all being said, I am going to drop from first place most likely. as previously mentioned I will get my wife to play a bit, but I am basically booked for the next few refreshes.

I suppose I could bring my laptop to board games and play in my down time a bit. I will try to make it work, but i can't make any promises. ideally they do the next round of this right away as my work schedule is better when it isn't the weekend.

Spoit

Ugh, the scaling is actually on for the team cap side, the random nodes are like twice the level that IM himself is (just shy of 300 vs 150). And the boosted characters suck. Antman? Thing? ugh,

EDIT: yeaaaaah, The only remotely capable team I've been able to find is falcap/SW/iceman. I'll do the nodes that use those 2, but I'll work on that black hulkbuster for the other nodes. Especially the winter soldier ones.

zulux21

Ugh, the scaling is actually on for the team cap side, the random nodes are like twice the level that IM himself is (just shy of 300 vs 150). And the boosted characters suck. Antman? Thing? ugh,

EDIT: yeaaaaah, The only remotely capable team I've been able to find is falcap/SW/iceman. I'll do the nodes that use those 2, but I'll work on that black hulkbuster for the other nodes. Especially the winter soldier ones.

well given you can use the nodes to unlock either side it makes sense that the team cap ones are also scaled up.

komarkaze

I've been finding success with my championed Hulkbuster (thanks team), Cyclops to generate red and Iron Fist to generate black and pink. Once I have enough black, I unleash Iron Fist's pink punch, HB's black and then red. That's usually enough to down Cap.

Dalek

I've been finding success with my championed Hulkbuster (thanks team), Cyclops to generate red and Iron Fist to generate black and pink. Once I have enough black, I unleash Iron Fist's pink punch, HB's black and then red. That's usually enough to down Cap.

That's basically what I do but I will rotate Cyclops out for Captain Marvel or Scarlett Witch.

Spoit

I dunno, apparently people kept pushing in iron man for their personal tokens, while I was toiling away for the falcon covers, instead of switching like it sounds like we were planning to.

NineH

I dunno, apparently people kept pushing in iron man for their personal tokens, while I was toiling away for the falcon covers, instead of switching like it sounds like we were planning to.

I thought we were trying to get the 3rd hulkbuster cover and getting the legendary progression was just a happy side effect. Now that we got the 3rd hulkbuster, i'm hoping we all do as much of the captain america side as we can.

zulux21

I was one boss fight away from the progression token after we cleared the round :p

I am working on cap now.

as for the next time they run this. we know warmachine will be included but beyond that we aren't sure.

if it helps I got electra from it. (though it might be enough that I can get a legendary token the next time she shows up as I have 4 red covers for her now >.<)

Dalek

I only need to hit Cap one more time to get the Legendary Token. Right now the only node I have left is Ares which is a wave node. I've failed it twice now-the second round with Gamora and Falcon just clobbers me. :(

zulux21

I only need to hit Cap one more time to get the Legendary Token. Right now the only node I have left is Ares which is a wave node. I've failed it twice now-the second round with Gamora and Falcon just clobbers me. :(

what about on the other side?
just do the team cap side to unlock the boss fight for team iron man if you are having issues.

Dalek

what about on the other side?
just do the team cap side to unlock the boss fight for team iron man if you are having issues.

Great idea-it worked.

Fuck this game. I beat SamCap with Nova this morning and my reward was a Mister Fantastic cover. And won my Team Iron Man LT I just got...another Mister Fantastic.

God damnit.

zulux21

man I am not gonna get much done before I have to go to work this morning. these nodes are so painful now. the wave ones are basically undoable right now with the required characters for me.

did what I could this morning.
when I get off work later tonight I can work on stuff a bit, but I make no promises I will be able to clear the round completely until the potential short wave at the end (though if the next wave is just 12 hours instead of two more waves I should be able to do it fully, it's just that I don't get home until 5:30 and the wave could change at 7 which isn't enough time to fully clear all the nodes at this point)

Spoit

Seriously guys, I appreciate the thought, but a MBW stun TU is infinitely more useful than a yellow cage punch that only does 4k damage. Or you know, like pretty much any other TUs.

zulux21

Seriously guys, I appreciate the thought, but a MBW stun TU is infinitely more useful than a yellow cage punch that only does 4k damage. Or you know, like pretty much any other TUs.

yeah yeah I am working on it, I bought a new roster spot just to collect a MBW with 5 blue covers and nothing else.

just haven't seen her in two days.

either way here is hoping we can get that last falcap cover.

Dalek

Iron Man himself is easy, I just use Winfinite. It's the enemy nodes that are an unfair pain in the ass. We are pretty close though.

zulux21

Iron Man himself is easy, I just use Winfinite. It's the enemy nodes that are an unfair pain in the ass. We are pretty close though.

I don't know if we will do it though. I only have one more node to unlock he boss one last time.

I am gonna miss getting the first scarlet witch cover :(

oh well.

I had family in town for Mother's Day so I apologize for my lackluster contribution post-'team IM'. Awesome job on getting the two Falcon covers! I hate the fact that I bought two 10-packs and 3 single tokens from the event vault and didn't net any of the 4* rewards. Ah well, at least it was fun.

Question: If I spend the 330k ISO to champion Hulkbuster I'll be left with about 75k. Worth it?

Context: I don't play in the 4* space right now but hate the thought of trashing my extra HB token.

Triz

Did my first PVP event since recruiting 5* Iron Man. All initial nodes were level 300+ 5 star teams. I did it guys. I am now in whale territory and can't play those events!

zulux21

Did my first PVP event since recruiting 5* Iron Man. All initial nodes were level 300+ 5 star teams. I did it guys. I am now in whale territory and can't play those events!

i'm attempting the gauntlet seriously for the first time since it's an iceman cover at the end.

as for your situation it's should just be a quinky dink as the only people on your roster that should have any real effect on your pvp scaling are silver surfer, xforce wolverine and jean grey as it's mostly just the 3 highest level people with some number of covers taken in account. The iron man really shouldn't have changed anything,.

Triz

i'm attempting the gauntlet seriously for the first time since it's an iceman cover at the end.

as for your situation it's should just be a quinky dink as the only people on your roster that should have any real effect on your pvp scaling are silver surfer, xforce wolverine and jean grey as it's mostly just the 3 highest level people with some number of covers taken in account. The iron man really shouldn't have changed anything,.

thats my understanding but Ive still always had seed teams for the first few rounds. Perhaps the first tourney of the season changed it up.

Dalek

I had family in town for Mother's Day so I apologize for my lackluster contribution post-'team IM'. Awesome job on getting the two Falcon covers! I hate the fact that I bought two 10-packs and 3 single tokens from the event vault and didn't net any of the 4* rewards. Ah well, at least it was fun.

Question: If I spend the 330k ISO to champion Hulkbuster I'll be left with about 75k. Worth it?

Context: I don't play in the 4* space right now but hate the thought of trashing my extra HB token.

You should absolutely Champion Hulkbuster. He's a really versatile, powerful character and every subsequent cover of his you get from Championing will yield great rewards. Lots of LTs and CPs.

thats my understanding but Ive still always had seed teams for the first few rounds. Perhaps the first tourney of the season changed it up.

There is a issue with seed teams not appearing for people lately. Folks on the forums have mentioned it and it's been happening to me. After a few rounds you should see "normal" teams appear.

Also I'm trying Gauntlet too. We should post suggested teams for the third round because that's when it gets tough for me usually.

Civil War and with this current one seem to be really only doable if you have characters in the 200s. Even with the boost, I'm barely getting to 160 and battles are like instant death. PVP is a little better. The Heroic event a few weeks back seemed to be easier / funnier than theses. Does the difficulty seem to have spiked for anyone else?

Top Bottom