• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

I need help with Simulaton 39: Jean Grey, Hulkbuster and Thor. Jean and HB are my heavy hitters so who do I use?

I used
loki + patch + IF
boosting green and black by 2

targeted jean first while denying red in general and collecting purple, green, black.

it will still take a bit of luck but as long as you get green and black early on and strike jean should melt away and you can eventually use IF and purple to punch the others or patch's red.

keep in mind with patch loki you want to be running 5 green on patch so he drops 6 tiles for both sides.

Dalek

That works thanks. But now I'm stuck on simulation 41 with Punisher, Magneto and Blade. They've wiped out my go to teams and my health packs. Sucks.

Dalek

Ok I've got all the main nodes done and just need to do the Beast and Loki ones. My guys are hurt bad. Patch, Loki and Daken didn't work for me.

Update: only beast nodes left. Zero health packs...0
Update 2: Iceman Get!!! Kamala and Hulk make the Beaat nodes a perfect team. The boosted damage to your team makes Hulk rage, which makes green for Kamala's attack!

Now iceman is 5/4/3.

NineH

all you guys with awesome icemans make me jelly. Mine is stuck at 0/5/4 :(

edit: after complaining, I managed to pull a green cover out of the Hearts of Darkness Vault. I should complain more often for more green iceman covers lol.

zulux21

hmmm I am looking at 5 different 3 stars as my next targets.

quicksilver - champs into ice man covers and is with in one of the groups that I am using my tacos on (i am saving them all for certain groups that I have 3 champs in) but he isn't amazing on his own.

Blade - can be fun, and i kind of want to team him up with IF and cage to have all 3 tiles automatically spawned on my second turn if the condition is met. the bad is he has the same colors as IF.

Cyclops - Seems powerful, but I am not sure who to pair him with. seems like he might play decently with IF though.

Doctor doom - I am tempted to use him with IF and Cage to channel black even faster, though his other two moves aren't that amazing in that pairing though the plot could be useful if IF can't hit hard.

3 Star Cap - Even using a level 100 cap with KK and iron man works well, he would be a good replacement for 3 star mags on my team when Mags is locked out.

zulux21

Those are all good picks but Cap is the top pick.

I suppose I could also do loki to make the patch loki combo a better choice again.
I have a bit of time to think about it as I am only back up to 80k or so iso.

though there is also signs that an xforce buff is coming, so I could just save iso up for him.

edit: it seems that they really might have messed the points up for the new system test.

they added back trivial nodes, but capped the points at going down to 20.
the end result is with a good team you can just sit there and repeatedly kill the 20 point node to gain points.
no doubt some people will just bot it. I wonder how they will respond.

Triz

Daily reward was a legendary token, scored a Green Goblin with it. The scaling on the PVE is crazy. It really jumps difficulty fast. Was trying to get the CP from the last node, after three or four it was constant wipes for me.

zulux21

Daily reward was a legendary token, scored a Green Goblin with it. The scaling on the PVE is crazy. It really jumps difficulty fast. Was trying to get the CP from the last node, after three or four it was constant wipes for me.

yeah. they had said that the scaling would jump quicker than last time on the final nodes, but that it would start lower, which seems to be fairly accurate. I think overall the scaling matches up to about what I had in the last event, it's just a really nasty node with hood and muscle :p

Khaz

I'm trying to grind for hero points, I just don't have enough slots to do anything. I have so many tokens that I can't use because I would just waste whatever cover they give me :(

zulux21

I'm trying to grind for hero points, I just don't have enough slots to do anything. I have so many tokens that I can't use because I would just waste whatever cover they give me :(

you really just have two choices here, grind for them and hope (perhaps using tacos and hoping the RNGs smile on you) or just spend some money on the game to get HP.

zulux21

Oh and about that, the taco tapping is completely random, right? There is no strategic tapping I suppose.

I am assuming you are talking about what you get from the token?

yeah even though there is the drawn out animation it means nothing.

that being said you can store up tacos and use them all at once to effectively increase your odds to get what you want.

Since i have two different sets where I have 3 of the set's 3 stars champed I just save my tacos for those (which luckily are on the two different taco rotations) and then use them all to increase the odds I get more 3 star covers for the champs I have.

I am assuming you are talking about what you get from the token?

yeah even though there is the drawn out animation it means nothing.

that being said you can store up tacos and use them all at once to effectively increase your odds to get what you want.

Since i have two different sets where I have 3 of the set's 3 stars champed I just save my tacos for those (which luckily are on the two different taco rotations) and then use them all to increase the odds I get more 3 star covers for the champs I have.

Is storing them still a viable strategy? Expired taco tokens no longer appear to draw from a limited vault, rather they are simply redeemed.

zulux21

Is storing them still a viable strategy? Expired taco tokens no longer appear to draw from a limited vault, rather they are simply redeemed.

when the vault is active you can use them.
thus I wait until the wave that has the 3 stars I want and then draw like 40 of them. it's not a huge increase in odds, but still.

also spent 20CP got another old man logan. he is 3/2/0. If I get that last cover he will be more useful than pretty much my entire 4 star roster >.<;

zulux21

heh I am resolving myself to not get a warmachine.

not only is it looking like he is going to release in a 7 day event.
that event is going to be a double iso event.

@_@

on the plus side I just bought a dell venue 8 pro from the buy sell trade thread, and everything I have seen says I should be able to play marvel puzzle quest on it with ease, meaning I can play on a tablet now instead of being tethered to my PC which will help me keep up on days I am away but have wifi.

I only had a couple of days left before a cover expired. I knew it would hurt...

bTXZVP8.jpg

Aaaaand yep...it hurt. That ISO drain...

My first maxed 4*, so unfortunately he's gonna have to roll with some 3*s

Spoit

Yeah, I took him to 5/5/3 which seems to be the recommended build. Any dissenting opinions?

I forgot to!

Doing it now....ugh. Blue Chulk bringing him to 5/1/0

I mean, if you want to send TUs, you can temporarily respec to 5 blue, since the black isn't sharable. But really guys, STOP sending HB as a TU, he sucks like that, since the punch is a rather mediocre move without 2 moves feeding it.

zulux21

I mean, if you want to send TUs, you can temporarily respec to 5 blue, since the black isn't sharable. But really guys, STOP sending HB as a TU, he sucks like that, since the punch is a rather mediocre move without 2 moves feeding it.

if you ask for team ups I can give you a 3 blue cover widow :p

I will get there soon enough.

Dalek

I got 25 cp in the Groot PVP tonight bringing me to a total of 40. I bought two tokens.

A duplicate Professor X and a duplicate Jean Grey.

Kill me.

zulux21

if you ask for team ups I can give you a 3 blue cover widow :p

I will get there soon enough.

I got 25 cp in the Groot PVP tonight bringing me to a total of 40. I bought two tokens.

A duplicate Professor X and a duplicate Jean Grey.

Kill me.

I will get that in two days, I didn't realize the progression was so easy this time so I didn't do much the first day but I grinded it out today and will get it when it switches over with ease while just trying to get the CP on the nodes.

NineH

Thanks to a cupcake, I easily got to the spider gwen progression reward. This will be the first time I bake a cupcake in response but I had to do a max level iron fist with a level 1 juggs and level 1 venom. I hope that's easy enough for others to eat.

Dalek

Wow-I wonder what the justification is in discrepancy.

To be honest while that sounds tempting-with my luck I'd just get duplicates in my Legendary Tokens. If they were guaranteed to not be duplicates, then that's a different story.

I think I'd get more value out of Avengers Alliance 2, which I'm really enjoying a lot more these days.

zulux21

Wow-I wonder what the justification is in discrepancy.

To be honest while that sounds tempting-with my luck I'd just get duplicates in my Legendary Tokens. If they were guaranteed to not be duplicates, then that's a different story.

I think I'd get more value out of Avengers Alliance 2, which I'm really enjoying a lot more these days.

trying to figure it out on the MPQ forums.
it doesn't seem to be platform
it doesn't seem to be region

you likely has as many days as I have and have spent more so that is likely out.

so it might just be random.

I am glad to hear you are having with with avengers alliance 2, personally I am not very impressed with it, but that is mostly because it runs like complete garbage on my high end android tablet, and still has horrible loading times on my ipad 4.

Dalek

trying to figure it out on the MPQ forums.
it doesn't seem to be platform
it doesn't seem to be region

you likely has as many days as I have and have spent more so that is likely out.

so it might just be random.

I am glad to hear you are having with with avengers alliance 2, personally I am not very impressed with it, but that is mostly because it runs like complete garbage on my high end android tablet, and still has horrible loading times on my ipad 4.

It runs good on my iPhone 6s, but the loading times are bad, yes. Even just moving between menus on the main screen-like from Tasks to Heroes there's like a 5 second delay. But it's fun-and I can see actual progress being made, etc.

zulux21

It runs good on my iPhone 6s, but the loading times are bad, yes. Even just moving between menus on the main screen-like from Tasks to Heroes there's like a 5 second delay. But it's fun-and I can see actual progress being made, etc.

to be fair MPQ you can feel actual progress being made for the first month or two while you gather 2 stars and start collecting 3 stars :p

zulux21

warmachine now, and the next run of the civil war event next week (ideally we can do as well as last time) I wonder what the rewards will be this time, and if Kate Bishop will be a new character for it or an event shortly after that.

edit: got my 25cp progression.
got a yellow fury for it. talk about a day late :p

Top Bottom