• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

What the heck....I got the Legendary Token out of the Rocket and Groot event too. What incredible odds. 2 in one day. Pulled a Carnage out of that.

Triz

Well I just leveled up Rocket and Groot from 70 to 166. I have a cover so the next 7500 ISO i get ill champion him.

Malmorian

Just pulled a Yellow Fury from cashing in 20 CP, making him 3/3/4. Is his yellow power even good? I honestly don't think i've ever used it

Is he worth Championing? Serious question - I never really use him and didn't take him past 100.
Groot is good for clearing nodes and his blue is pretty good.

Also, anyone using Facebook for sharing rewards? I want to add a few more people to bring it up to 10.
Stampin Chick from my alliance needs some friends too.

NineH

Also, anyone using Facebook for sharing rewards? I want to add a few more people to bring it up to 10.
Stampin Chick from my alliance needs some friends too.

I added Stampin Chick to my friends so I hope I can send her some rewards too. I've been adding a few people every week but sadly almost none of them give me rewards so I delete them and then add a new batch the next week. I figure a week is a long enough time to see if they will give me rewards. The problem with most folks is that they seem to go by sheer number and I think it's better with just a few so we share rewards among ourselves.

I added Stampin Chick to my friends so I hope I can send her some rewards too. I've been adding a few people every week but sadly almost none of them give me rewards so I delete them and then add a new batch the next week. I figure a week is a long enough time to see if they will give me rewards. The problem with most folks is that they seem to go by sheer number and I think it's better with just a few so we share rewards among ourselves.

Yeah, I need to trim down my list. I added 200 peeps back when the thing first loaded. We used to get rewards all the time but I suspect none are playing it anymore

Triz

Pulled an Invisible Woman with a Heroic Token. Nothing worse than pulling a duplicate 4 star Ill never level. They really need to up the sell value of 1000 ISO on a 4 star cover.

zulux21

stupid improved quicksilver and bad board drops :p

on try 4 with my 130 inviso woman now.

try 5, try 4 killed me in 4 turns as he just got a ton of green and punched me a few times :/

heh. try 6 he got a massive cascade that took out my inviso and then spammed me with moves :/

and then it was going well, he had no app to kill me with, thus I cleared my inviso tile that was vulnerable to cast a new one next turn and he cascades for a 6 red match into a black 4 match with the crit in order to do 3k damage :/

Malmorian

Championed Groot, and got a Yellow Miles Morales, making him 2/1/0. I honestly don't think I can beat Quicksilver with my shitty IW, and I am loathe to waste all my boosts to bang me head off my desk

Dalek

BEHOLD

0K0KJHt.jpg

Triz

So I had given up on the war machine because even with 3 clears every 24 hours plus grinding for cp I was drifting further and further from top 100. I've just been focusing on cp nodes. I noticed today even with just doing the cyclops node 7 times (yes it took that many to get cp) and not touching the others the unplayed nodes are all on count down till full value. WTF? That's bullshit and I'm sure most won't notice.

Dalek

Tough call. Those 4 stars would be tough to throw away. The only one there I feel isn't worth leveling immediately is Bullseye. My advice? Spend some dough for some slots and roster all but Bullseye.

Ant-Man and Venom are of course long term investments that won't pay off immediately and are the most valuable.

That 3 star Thor would be top priority in my opinion.

Dalek

So I had given up on the war machine because even with 3 clears every 24 hours plus grinding for cp I was drifting further and further from top 100. I've just been focusing on cp nodes. I noticed today even with just doing the cyclops node 7 times (yes it took that many to get cp) and not touching the others the unplayed nodes are all on count down till full value. WTF? That's bullshit and I'm sure most won't notice.

I haven't been hitting it too hard, but I'm at around 50. I've had a busy weekend so I haven't been able to do full clears on all nodes, but if I keep at it, I hope to get at least one War Machine.

zulux21

wolverine is back as the DDQ this week, so if there was a reason why he was pushed back (such as he was buffed) we will likely find out soon.

that being said I got enough CP for another pull and got an ant man. I wish he was better as he is getting up there for me 3/4/3

Dalek

wolverine is back as the DDQ this week, so if there was a reason why he was pushed back (such as he was buffed) we will likely find out soon.

that being said I got enough CP for another pull and got an ant man. I wish he was better as he is getting up there for me 3/4/3

I still wonder what the buff for him is...

zulux21

I still wonder what the buff for him is...

don't know, just know they said that he was skipped for a reason.

also, I'm in my taco period so I pulled 30 tacos today... got 2 3 stars and 28 2 stars.

I then got my two tacos from today and pulled 250hp twice.

the two tacos today were much better :p

don't know, just know they said that he was skipped for a reason.

also, I'm in my taco period so I pulled 30 tacos today... got 2 3 stars and 28 2 stars.

I then got my two tacos from today and pulled 250hp twice.

the two tacos today were much better :p
The other tacos were stale. Duh.

zulux21

The other tacos were stale. Duh.

I think my plan for this week is, if woverine xforce gets a buff I might pour my iso into him. if not I will likely pour my iso into ares and then rags as I got a ton of ares covers from my tacos and I will eventually champ every 2 and 3 star :p

zulux21

so as previously stated the civil war event will be run again on the 26th.

yay over a holiday weekend.

on the plus side I don't work nearly as much as I did last weekend. on the minus side I wouldn't be surprised if warmachine and winter solider were required characters and I won't have either.

if warmachine was on iron man's side I will likely be locked out of a refresh (not sure what side he is on because I haven't seen civil war yet)

either way the rewards will likely be different, so we can figure out what side to focus on first when we know what those are.

Dalek

so as previously stated the civil war event will be run again on the 26th.

yay over a holiday weekend.

on the plus side I don't work nearly as much as I did last weekend. on the minus side I wouldn't be surprised if warmachine and winter solider were required characters and I won't have either.

if warmachine was on iron man's side I will likely be locked out of a refresh (not sure what side he is on because I haven't seen civil war yet)

either way the rewards will likely be different, so we can figure out what side to focus on first when we know what those are.

God dammit. I'm going to be in single dad mode this weekend because my wife is out of town, and I'm taking my daughter on a road trip. grrrr....

Spoit

I think my plan for this week is, if woverine xforce gets a buff I might pour my iso into him. if not I will likely pour my iso into ares and then rags as I got a ton of ares covers from my tacos and I will eventually champ every 2 and 3 star :p

Unless the buff is magical I'd really suggest holding your ISO for someone who is at least mediocre. Not terrible, like xfarce and rags

zulux21

Unless the buff is magical I'd really suggest holding your ISO for someone who is at least mediocre. Not terrible, like xfarce and rags

in order the next 4 3 stars i am planning on championing are Quicksilver, Rags, Captain Marvel and Vision.

quicksilver leads to iceman
rags leads to x23 (whom I have a lot of covers for)
marvel leads to thing
vision leads to cyclops.

the order might change but it's important that I do those 4 as the two taco groups I am using all my tokens on are the current one and the next one (which doing those 4 would mean during these stretches I would have nothing but champs and with the higher number of their covers in the vault I have a decent chance of getting them and moving them up) My 3 star roster in general is solid at this point and no matter who I choose to level right now it really won't effect what people I use.

xforce is the only person I have all the covers for, thus if he gets a good buff I might level him, but in general my focus is still on 2 and 3 stars. I don't see a good reason to jump to the 4 star meta when I don't play PVP and doing so will just make PVE harder until we move to a 5 star meta and I have mostly fully covered 4 stars :/

most of the rest of my thoughts for who to focus on 3 star wise are those who have 2 stars that feed into them :p. I know iso is the hardest resource to get, but I can't help but find the game far more enjoyable when I can add covers to champs instead of having to sell them.

edit: on the plus side, I do have one complete 1 star widow blue and a second one half done so I will have team ups to send you now.

zulux21

From the forums:

heh I was just about to post that :p

and thus
in a flash 190k iso was gone lol.

I now look forward to playing him in the next lightning round :p

between him and daken I will eventually have a fully covered x23 though which will be nice even though she isn't great.

I did get
from his legendary. yay 5 mostly useless 5 stars now lol.

also I know it's not a so call good team.
but quicksilver + Rags + inviso woman is decently fun to play around with :p
inviso woman builds up protect with yellow and blue and the blue builds up lock tiles for quicksilver.
meanwhile rags uses red to make blue, and green and black can be used by quicksilver to help set off his blue.

my level 130 inviso woman, freshly champed rags, and boosted to level 190 quicksilver took out the level 242 moonstone/doom/hood without to much trouble. Curious how they do against a team that isn't basically their worst nightmare (hood steals AP, moonstone steals defense tiles, doom makes blue vanish lol)

Khaz

I was wondering why I kept receiving 3 command points daily through my alliance. I thought it was just a perk from being in an alliance, but apparently it happens every time someone spends money in the game? That's cool, am I in a rich people alliance or does it happen to you too?

Triz

I was wondering why I kept receiving 3 command points daily through my alliance. I thought it was just a perk from being in an alliance, but apparently it happens every time someone spends money in the game? That's cool, am I in a rich people alliance or does it happen to you too?
you get three only when someone spends 19.99. 7 if someone spends $50. It happens with us frequently.

Dalek

Any room left in that alliance, by any chance?

Khaz

Nah we're full. I don't know anyone in here, just got in randomly.
There's no synergy either, no messages in the chat, and during the civil war event people were just doing their own thing.

zulux21

awe gonna leave us :p?

also civil war run 2 details.

• The Civil War event starts at 12:00 PM EDT on Thursday, May 26th and will run for three and a half days.
• War Machine will be a featured hero for Team Iron Man. Featured missions with War Machine won't happen until the 3rd refresh of the Civil War event.
• The featured characters for each side for the second run of the Civil War Event:
o Team Cap - Ant-Man, Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson (Falcon), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Hawkeye, Human Torch, The Punisher, Scarlet Witch, Storm, Team Cap (pick 3 Team Cap allies), Winter Soldier

o Team Iron Man - Ares, Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Quake, Spider-Man, Team Iron Man (pick 3 Team Iron Man allies) , Vision, War Machine
• Powered-Up characters for each side:
o Team Cap - Ant-Man, Sam Wilson (Falcon), Hawkeye (Modern), Steve Rogers (First Avenger), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Winter Soldier, Thing, The Punisher, Scarlet Witch, Human Torch (Classic) Iron Fist, Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Storm (Classic), Steve Rogers (Captain America), Hawkeye (Classic), Storm (Modern)

o Team Iron Man - War Machine, Vision, Black Widow (Original), Iron Man (Mark XLVI), Mr. Fantastic, Nick Fury, Quake, Black Widow (Grey Suit), Black Panther, Spider-Man (Classic), Iron Man (Model 40), Captain Marvel (Modern), Ares, Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel), Black Widow (Modern), Iron Man (Model 35)
• Rewards
o Team Cap:
 Player Awards - Hawkeye (Modern) and Sam Wilson (Falcon) covers.
 Round Awards - Ant-Man covers, Red power cover for Steve Rogers (First Avenger).
o Team Iron Man:
 Player Awards - Black Widow (Original) and Vision covers.
 Round Awards - Quake covers, a Yellow power cover for Iron Man (Mark XLVI).
• Difficulty
o The surrounding mission pins should have a more gradual ramp in difficulty in this run.
• Score Targets
o Reduced personal progression score targets at every level.
o Removed 700,000 Points from Round 7 score target and added 700,000 to Round 8 score target.
• Change to Steve Rogers (Civil War)
o Earth's Mightiest Heroes (yellow move) now creates 2 tiles instead of 1.
o Shield Bash(red move) costs 7 instead of 9, deals more damage.
o Coordinated Offensive(blue move) now costs 9 instead of 7, deals more damage.

I am honestly not sure which is the better cover, ant man, or quake. both are very meh covers though quake is newer.
the changes to steve rogers sound annoying, but I did find him to be the easier boss to beat last time by a decent margin because I could use my ironman 40 based team. it is nice to hear the nodes should ramp up slower this time.

we just need to take a simple vote and go with that (maybe aim for reward 7 on one side and then switch to the other)

I really don't care either way. If you had to force me to care i would lean towards quake covers just because my ant man is covered enough to do the DDQ while my quake isn't, but neither is exciting.

Dalek

Either is fine for me. I could use covers for both Quake and Ant-Man.

I should have a War Machine to help us out by then if all goes well, and you know I have the championed Hulkbuster as well.

Spoit

Eh, those 4*s are both rather meh. We should just pick one and go for the 5*. I think we had the numbers for it last time

zulux21

Eh, those 4*s are both rather meh. We should just pick one and go for the 5*. I think we had the numbers for it last time

we could, but even with meh 4* characters, getting multiple covers for those would likely help far more people in the alliance out than one completely useless for the next 1-3 years 5 star cover. I mean the people who could handle round 8 could work on it, but I don't think I can do it. Cap last time kicked my ass in round 8 when I was going for the last points for placement rewards, and he is improved this time. and ironman was harder than cap so I doubt I could do round 8. I think we basically can just go after round 8 with people who have 4 star rosters ready to fight, which I don't.

especially since they apparently upped the round 8 goal.
heck round 6 was the legendary token right? it might be better to just aim for that on both sides, as that at least has a chance to give a decent 4* or a 5*.

Either is fine for me. I could use covers for both Quake and Ant-Man.

I should have a War Machine to help us out by then if all goes well, and you know I have the championed Hulkbuster as well.
I'm about a week away from a championed Hulkbuster, too.

And it doesn't matter which one we go for this time, though I also suggest we go through to the end for one of the sides.

zulux21

I'm about a week away from a championed Hulkbuster, too.

And it doesn't matter which one we go for this time, though I also suggest we go through to the end for one of the sides.

at this time hulkbuster isn't boosted for the event for the record. it might be a mistake but he wasn't listed.

that being said the only players in the alliance that can likely handle round 8 are
dalekgaf
dr campino
komakaze
MPQ scruffy
Placebrother
spoit
Scoc
maybe Triz

and of those people most have a championed hulkbuster and not much else that stands out meaning that if you guys really want to go after the 5* it will likely have to be on team iron man, and with the changes to cap most of use will be unable to continue once round 7 hits as the new cap sounds far meaner.

also keep in mind that the final goal is now 700k points higher than last time (and round 7 is 700k lower. it's not clear if that means the overall final score is the same, but I am taking it as overall you have to get 700k more points than last time get to get the 5* meanwhile it would potentially be easier to get the round 7 rewards on both sides.)

Top Bottom