• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Triz

Looking at boosted characters, it seems I have more team Cap characters leveled. I don't care which covers we go for, I don't even think I have Quake. Ant man could use some covers from where I'm standing.

zulux21

Looking at boosted characters, it seems I have more team Cap characters leveled. I don't care which covers we go for, I don't even think I have Quake. Ant man could use some covers from where I'm standing.

yup it really doesn't matter to much to me, the only thing I am reluctant about is going for the 5* on either side as it seems like there is a good chance we can get most of the rewards from both sides again, but I am not sure we could even get the single 5* given how few of us have rosters that can do it.

I mean we could always just pick a side work on it, and when it gets to hard for people they can switch to the other side and the ones that can do it can continue on, but ultimately that could lead to us missing out on rewards from the other side and still not get the 5*.

beyond that I treat 5*s kind of like concentration prizes. I will collect them and all because they will eventually be useful, but like most of my 2*s they are just a waste of space.

Malmorian

I think how we did it last round was really well done, everyone ended up with 3 HB covers and 2 Sam Wilson one's, I think we should try and replicate that if we can, depending on the rewards

zulux21

I think how we did it last round was really well done, everyone ended up with 3 HB covers and 2 Sam Wilson one's, I think we should try and replicate that if we can, depending on the rewards

rewards were posted last page, we will get to go after the most sought after covers of all time
Quake and Ant man.

Malmorian

rewards were posted last page, we will get to go after the most sought after covers of all time
Quake and Ant man.

Thanks Zulux, didn't see that. Hmmm...My AM is close to being maxed with covers so that would be nice..I have 1 cover of Quake. I'll go with whatever the alliance decides on.

zulux21

I'd prefer Ant-Man personally but I'm willing to do either side.

i think I have 4 or 5 quake covers and like 8 ant man covers, so logically ant man covers are more useful to me for a viable character, but quake is more useful for DDQ.

so it doesn't matter to me.

zulux21

2/0/2 AM vs 0/0/1 Q over here. Neither will make a difference to my roster but I vote AM.

looking my ant man seems to be 3/4/3
my quake is 3/1/2

so i guess 3 ant man covers could complete him :p
though 3 quake covers would ideally make her able to do her DDQ.

thus again I don't care, just point me somewhere and I will rage.

Spoit

I just need a blue antman, but someone else can switch over earlier this time. I'm going to continue on whichever side until I get the personal token this time

NineH

I just need a blue antman, but someone else can switch over earlier this time. I'm going to continue on whichever side until I get the personal token this time

I think getting the legendary progression is what we should aim for to get the extra token and then after that we should switch.

As for which side to pick, I think we should just go for team cap again because boosted Thing and Antman are much better than boosted Mr Fantastic and War Machine largely because I"m sure we will have almost no covers for War Machine.

zulux21

I think getting the legendary progression is what we should aim for to get the extra token and then after that we should switch.

As for which side to pick, I think we should just go for team cap again because boosted Thing and Antman are much better than boosted Mr Fantastic and War Machine largely because I"m sure we will have almost no covers for War Machine.

this seems fine, I mean we can start on team cap, which is ant man, and when we hit the legendary token most players can jump sides, while a few stick around to work towards the personal progression token and make the way to the 3rd ant man cover?

the progression rewards are supposed to be reduced so ideally not much time beyond the legendary token will be needed as last time for me it only took a single 8th round match to get the token.

edit:
from the forums
"I got word back from the developers and the removal of Hulkbuster is intended. There is a limited number of characters buffed in each run and he was removed to make room for War Machine."

Triz

So I'm sitting on 112 cp and I thought hmmm, maybe I'll buy that last cover for Prof. X I need. Then I saw it was 120 cp for a 4 star cover. I think that's severely over budgeted .

zulux21

So I'm sitting on 112 cp and I thought hmmm, maybe I'll buy that last cover for Prof. X I need. Then I saw it was 120 cp for a 4 star cover. I think that's severely over budgeted .

3 star cover = 20 CP
4 star cover = 20CP*6
5 star cover = 20CP*6*6

thus it is safe to assume if they make 6 stars in two years we will need 4320 per cover for them :p

but yeah it's expensive, that is no doubt, gotta pay to avoid the RNGs though.

was our final thought to start with team cap?

zulux21

got a green iceman from the last captain token.

hmmm to waste 600 HP on daily tokens or to just save it for roster spots :p

did a pull on iron man, got 2 star johny :p
likely all the more I will waste since I am 5 characters down from having them all (3* or higher with a few 2 and 1 stars still to get) and thus need more roster spots.

zulux21

Hmm I'm confused, I thought you could switch side after doing all the missions on one side?

you can switch freely but when ever you do something on one side it locks on the other side as well.

thus if you don't have the required character on one side you can jump to the other side and complete the node on that side to unlock the boss on the side you are playing.

Volimar

I've been playing this again since it came out on kindle and was just wondering if any GAF alliances needs someone to fill their ranks for the event.

Spoit

I've been playing this again since it came out on kindle and was just wondering if any GAF alliances needs someone to fill their ranks for the event.

I'm not really feeling this list of buffed characters. You can take my slot in gaf-vengers if you want

Volimar

I don't want to take anyone's spot, I don't want to feel pressured to contribute. I was just wondering if there any empty slots, I could help out when I feel like it.

zulux21

I need his blue cover as I only have one. But good work guys, I just cleared out my cap rounds again.

we should get the other two without much issue.
as long as we stay focused I wouldn't be surprised if we could get all the covers, and the token from both sides.

I think that 5 star cover is gonna be out of reach though.

I think it basically comes down to do we want 7 rewards from both sides, or 8 rewards on one side, maybe... as most of us likely won't be able to handle the 8th round boss.

Dalek

War Machine coming at ya

zhkTawh.jpg

zulux21

that feeling when you get up an hour early for work just to work on a marvel puzzle quest event :p

got my 25CP daily today. rolled a quake lol.

assuming we get the covers from both sides my quake will be nearly complete after this event. I feel like I have really good luck getting females from CP. it's a shame most of them aren't very good.

edit: finished my stuff, not far from the next cover, but at the same time I don't think we will get the cover after that with the next refresh. We seem to have a bit lower participation than last time. It's looking like we could get the legendary token on this side and maybe 1-2 quake covers from the other side, or we could just get 3 ant man and 3 quake covers.

we have some time to decide which we want to go after.

edit: beat up cyclops with xforce and got myself a purple prof x for the token. yay 1/3/1 prof.,

Dalek

Kingpin cover for me from Cyclops.

What teams are you guys using against Civil War Iron Man? I really relied on my Hulkbuster and Winfinite isn't working too well...

What teams are you guys using against Civil War Iron Man? I really relied on my Hulkbuster and Winfinite isn't working too well...
Iron Fist, Cyclops/Thor and Scarlet Witch. She makes a bunch of purple for IF, he punches or sets up a ton of black for Cyke. Cyke or Thor for that sweet red/yellow (and green or black, depending) direct damage. Has worked out more often than not.

zulux21

im running IF/SW and luke cage.

IF and SW are boosted and SW makes purple for IF to make black for cage to do lots of damage with.

plus since I am actively blocking yellow as fast as I can i can use cage's uppercut for good damage and his passive defense tile still helps quite a bit to reduce the damage.

so far my worst run I had SW die and the other two at near full health. it was a run where he lucked into a lot of yellow and managed to do his red and blue a bunch.

I say that and I just whipped on super crap tastic luck where he comboed into like 30 red AP and then used that to get a ton of his other colors and murderize me.

so I seem to be holding my own despite work :p

that being said what route do people want to take.
Continue on team cap to get the legendary token.
jump to team iron man to get 3 quake covers and then after we get them push for the legendary token on one of the sides?

Either way after the next refresh I won't be that far from the progression token, so I will likely push for it before everything is said and done, but to me 3 quake covers are better than 1 token, but I know some of you would prefer the token so I am leaving it open to others to decide because it doesn't matter to much to me.

Malmorian

Haven't done my DDQ yet, crossing my fingers it doesn't take too many rounds to beat Cyc (he's such an asshole)
I'm good with whatever direction ya'll want to go. Honestly I don't think my current roster can beat a round 8 boss so i'm good with jumping over to get some Quake.

zulux21

Haven't done my DDQ yet, crossing my fingers it doesn't take too many rounds to beat Cyc (he's such an asshole)
I'm good with whatever direction ya'll want to go. Honestly I don't think my current roster can beat a round 8 boss so i'm good with jumping over to get some Quake.

If your current roster can't beat round 8 it might be a good idea to jump regardless to what we decide.

I mean we could split and the people with the decent rosters could keep working on team cap to at least get their progression tokens, and if there is time at the end come back for the legendary.

I haven't looked at feedback for the new boss cap on team ironman yet, I imagine he is going to be much meaner this time though.

I am going to miss an optimal run here though as the reason I have more points than everyone else is likely because i am fighting the boss more than everyone else. instead of jumping on the event as soon as the nodes unlock I am waiting for my boss timer to run out and then do the nodes which gives me an extra boss hit each round.

due to work tomorrow morning though and work today I will miss the optimal time once, I will have to look, I might miss it again, but I should be good for most of this event.

edit: I didn't realize vision was still broken lol.

Malmorian

I am going to miss an optimal run here though as the reason I have more points than everyone else is likely because i am fighting the boss more than everyone else. instead of jumping on the event as soon as the nodes unlock I am waiting for my boss timer to run out and then do the nodes which gives me an extra boss hit each round.

AH, yeah that makes sense. Dammit

zulux21

Shit-I didn't realize that either...

if it helps I will be jumping on the boss right away this time to line up a morning clear as depending on when I get up and how much stronger the nodes get I might not be able to do a ton in the morning.

Ideally 90 minutes is enough like it was this morning (did my boss clears and DDQ including wolverine this morning)

Malmorian

Confirmed. Cyc is a complete asshole. X is my only 12/13 covered 4* ( and has been for years ) and I STILL can't beat this fight? This game sometimes...

Dalek

Confirmed. Cyc is a complete asshole. X is my only 12/13 covered 4* ( and has been for years ) and I STILL can't beat this fight? This game sometimes...

I have him max covered and it took me 5 tries. It's all board luck here. Obviously denying him everything-but it's hard. If you get enough Black AP to fire off SS, you're good.

Triz

Id take that purple Prof x off your hands...just need one more damn cover!

Beast, Bullseye, or Quicksilver...if you had to choose who would you champion? Im leaning Beast.

zulux21

Id take that purple Prof x off your hands...just need one more damn cover!

Beast, Bullseye, or Quicksilver...if you had to choose who would you champion? Im leaning Beast.

beast gets you 4* jean gray
quicksilver gets you iceman
bullseye gives you kingpin

which one sounds the most interesting :p?

Is gaf vengers on round 7 yet? I am trying to figure out some teams to use. Thought about kingpin, switch, kamala or maybe a high healing team.

Top Bottom