• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Spoit

Is gaf vengers on round 7 yet? I am trying to figure out some teams to use. Thought about kingpin, switch, kamala or maybe a high healing team.

It's A LOT less effective without the boost, but I'm still using SW/snowballs, with the 3rd alternating depending on health packs. I think I'm going to try to use grimm next time, see if that helps at all, but the problem really is the match damage, not the powers

zulux21

Is gaf vengers on round 7 yet? I am trying to figure out some teams to use. Thought about kingpin, switch, kamala or maybe a high healing team.

so far it seems like we might jump sides once we hit 7. I have two votes for switching and none for staying right now. though that number is way below the 19 votes that could be cast so it could still change.

either way I am done for the night so Ideally we figure this out before 5:30am CDT tomorrow :p

Spoit

Well I'm going to keep hitting it until l get the personal legendary, after last time when I switched over and everyone else didn't

zulux21

Well I'm going to keep hitting it until l get the personal legendary, after last time when I switched over and everyone else didn't

most people jumped as far as I can recall, i mean I did exactly one more match again on team IM and then moved to CAP, I think only 2-3 other people reached the progression token, but it's all good.
grabbing the personal token is fine, I'll likely do it myself in the last round. with any luck I can get it on both sides :p

zulux21

I'm having no luck against Iron Man regardless of my teams. He just gets cascades galore. Sorry guys.

it's okay, we will get there, we still have some time.

I lost a match due to cascades myself and almost lost another.

but yeah we will be facing the new and improved Cap soon.

Dispatch

I'm having no luck against Iron Man regardless of my teams. He just gets cascades galore. Sorry guys.

I've had some luck with the lowest burst teams. I tried IF, 3star Punisher, and KK. As long as you don't use KK's green attack, you can focus on Iron Man, and not his minions.

Dalek

Nice going guys. Now my Ant-Man is 5/1/5.

Time to switch to team Iron Man now right? I'd rather have 2 or 3 guaranteed quake covers than a potential dupe.

zulux21

Nice going guys. Now my Ant-Man is 5/1/5.

Time to switch to team Iron Man now right? I'd rather have 2 or 3 guaranteed quake covers than a potential dupe.

yeah I think that is the general thoughts, spoit is planning on staying on team cap for the progression token for himself, but I think the rest of us are jumping, though I am one round away from the progression myself so I might take the last round to finish that, but first thing is first to get the quake covers.

also
DLwI864.png

now I have 2 4* that could be champed that I don't care about champing .

So many Ant-Man covers, I love it.

Managed to eke out a win vs Cyclops, got my first Spider-Gwen out of it. Meh!

On the plus side, I champion Hulkbuster tomorrow, and then get my first champion level-up for him on Sunday with my daily reward of a cover. Woo!

Spoit

It's A LOT less effective without the boost, but I'm still using SW/snowballs, with the 3rd alternating depending on health packs. I think I'm going to try to use grimm next time, see if that helps at all, but the problem really is the match damage, not the powers

OK so I tried this, and it sorta works. The match damage is so ludicrously high from a lvl 400 5* that all it takes is a on-color 3 match to trigger him! But the problem is...then you're using 2 medpacks a fight on mr icecone and ben

EDIT: man what is up with the scaling on these sub-nodes. They were like 200ish last refresh and now they're 300? I don't think we hit an extra round in the last few hours, did we?

zulux21

EDIT: man what is up with the scaling on these sub-nodes. They were like 200ish last refresh and now they're 300? I don't think we hit an extra round in the last few hours, did we?

they aren't round based.
they have basically been going up by 50% each refresh for me. The next refresh I would imagine would be the cap that would be the wall of angry sub-nodes that we saw last event.

NineH

Opened my Cap Legendary Token. Got Elektra. Goddamnit. At least it wasn't Invisible Woman I guess. All that work for 1000 iso LOL

Dalek

Doing my road trip today and I'm going to be driving-I'll try to put in as much time as I can. Sorry everyone-this event was bad timing for me.

zulux21

Doing my road trip today and I'm going to be driving-I'll try to put in as much time as I can. Sorry everyone-this event was bad timing for me.

it's all good, I mean we already got 3 4 star covers... that is at least something :p

hmmm to finish my team cap progression token, or work on team iron man.

meh I have to do at least one node on team cap anyway thanks to war machine... I will likely just work on team iron man for now and save progression for the end.

Triz

Got the progression civil war token and pulled X-farce. Lol? Oh well at least he's championed.

I'll focus on iron man now.

zulux21

so after the next quake cover we should decide if we want to push for the last quake cover first or push for the iron man progression token, and if we have time come back for the other.

komarkaze

I've been able to power through the nodes with Patch, Magneto and Loki pretty easily, even when facing 5 star Cap. He's so much easier than dealing with 5 star Iron Man and his drones.

zulux21

heh the next PVP is going to be brutal... boosted old man logan and phoenix :p (to be fair all xmen are boosted but still)

also why is spiderman the reward for an xmen themed pvp

I think in 30 min I am gonna go for my progression token, attack the boss once and then get it with the ant man node (as I have to play that side anyways) as long as I don't completely fail on the boss worst case I will get the token from some sub nodes as they are up to over 5k each.

edit: got a purple spider gwen from my token and critical boosts 5998-6k from the node I beat :p

Spoit

I really do appreciate the thought dalek, but those TUs you sent had the worst rolls: web bandages (a 1 turn stun for 5 AP really isn't that useful anyway), masterstroke, summon demons, and anti-gravity device.

zulux21

I really do appreciate the thought dalek, but those TUs you sent had the worst rolls: web bandages (a 1 turn stun for 5 AP really isn't that useful anyway), masterstroke, summon demons, and anti-gravity device.

if you give me a few weeks I will just send you 5 MBW 5 turn stuns :p

I am just going to spend all my HP on slots and fill all those slots with blue widow covers until I need them for a new character lol.

that being said I am all for continuing on for the 3rd quake cover as it seems likely I will get a progression token anyways (if I did the math right it shouldn't even be close I should clear with with lots of room to spare) if I continue so yeah... cover + token is better than just token :p

plus cap is easier to beat up than iron man as iron man just needs some yellow to become really annoying.

just realized i miscounted refreshes. it will be close if i can hit progression, but i might.

zulux21

im sitting at 596512 points on team iron man.
28402 is how many points cap is worth
killing cap fully 5 times with the last refresh will get me to 738,522.

the last progression node is 790k
which means that I need the rounds to be worth 51,478 points. It seems like I will miss getting the token by not having warmachine.

unless we get down cap and get to the next round, then I can get it.

either way here's hoping we can somehow get that last cover.

Dalek

I don't think GAFvengers is getting the last Quake token. All the nodes are insane now anyways.

I did however just get the Kamala cover in her PVP at 800, which earned me a blue Thor cover for my championed Thor, which in turn gave me a blue Quake!

zulux21

I don't think GAFvengers is getting the last Quake token. All the nodes are insane now anyways.

I did however just get the Kamala cover in her PVP at 800, which earned me a blue Thor cover for my championed Thor, which in turn gave me a blue Quake!

I don't think we will either the kicker... with the update in points, I think I will miss progression by like 2k unless I wait to get an extra hit on cap.

I will have 63 minutes to kill cap 6 times and clear each of the nodes where I have to complete all of the nodes on the team ironman side aside from the warmachine one.

given the nodes look the same as last time difficulty wise (maybe like 15 levels higher on same at 265 instead of 250) and it took me about 90 minutes of unfocused play to do exactly what I said last time...
it's gonna be really really close. one string of bad luck might do me in.
should be exciting :p

NineH

I don't think we will either the kicker... with the update in points, I think I will miss progression by like 2k unless I wait to get an extra hit on cap.

I will have 63 minutes to kill cap 6 times and clear each of the nodes where I have to complete all of the nodes on the team ironman side aside from the warmachine one.

given the nodes look the same as last time difficulty wise (maybe like 15 levels higher on same at 265 instead of 250) and it took me about 90 minutes of unfocused play to do exactly what I said last time...

Sucks we wont get the last Quake cover, we're still 2 million points away from it. Also your nodes are only 260ish? Mine are at 322-329 and it's almost gauntlet levels of difficulty since I am forced to use horrible characters like spiderman and hawkeye.

zulux21

Sucks we wont get the last Quake cover, we're still 2 million points away from it. Also your nodes are only 260ish? Mine are at 322-329 and it's almost gauntlet levels of difficulty since I am forced to use horrible characters like spiderman and hawkeye.

im still in the 3* meta for the most part.

I have a bunch of 5* but they did change scaling to adjust for number of covers on a character.
after the 5 stars my next highest level is like 176 or something.

Spoit

If we're that far away....Anyone mind if I'm lazy and skip it?

zulux21

If we're that far away....Anyone mind if I'm lazy and skip it?

nah skip it, I think most people are given cap hasn't really moved since the missions refreshed. (I'm a little sad you got so many points in the team cap side. it would have been fun to be number 1 on both sides :p)

there is now basically a 0% chance we hit the quake cover, and a 20% chance or so I get a progression token :p

edit: up to 50% chance
I have the two wave nodes left and 2 cap kills left in 40 minuets.

75% chance

just need to finish the last wave and down cap one more time
this last time I downed cap in 4 turns :p

btw what my progression would have looked like if I didn't wait for that last boss refresh

that would have sucked lol

with 16 min to spare.

and from it I get....

I can feel how jealous you guys are :3

he is 2/0/0 for me now.

Spoit

you can then spend 25CP soon and get either of them at a 3.3% chance.

Really, the 30CP pull was only worth it if you were able to focus on just getting that one character. I.E. you already were getting the 2 copies of that 5* cover, and regularly hit all the 25 CP rewards, so have a stockpile of hundreds to devote to it anyway. Or like, were a super mondo whale.

Dalek

Anyone think it's possible for me to level X_Force Woverine from 202 to 270 in 14 days? I just got an extra black cover for him....

zulux21

Anyone think it's possible for me to level X_Force Woverine from 202 to 270 in 14 days? I just got an extra black cover for him....

possible sure.. I mean I could do it in 20 minutes if I really wanted to it would only be what like $300 :p

without paying, depends where you are starting with iso... it would basically require you to grind every single node and place high in all events to have a real shot otherwise.

I would personally just say sell the cover and save up for someone else who is more interesting.

Triz

Beat Hulk with a 165 HulkBuster. Boosted red and all colors Plus 100% match damage. Saved up till 30 red and unloaded on Hulk when he was just over 10k health. Next match killed him.

Pulled a black Drax.

Top Bottom