• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Beat Hulk with a 165 HulkBuster. Boosted red and all colors Plus 100% match damage. Saved up till 30 red and unloaded on Hulk when he was just over 10k health. Next match killed him.

Pulled a black Drax.

won with a level 150. likely didn't need to boost.

got a blue cyclops.

won with a level 150. likely didn't need to boost.

got a blue cyclops.

Well, this was definitely the first 4* DD event that I didn't sweat. lvl 271 HB took down the Hulk pretty easily. Netted me my 12th Nick Fury token. Seeing as how this will probably be next fully covered 4* is he worth leveling?

zulux21

LDesWFT.jpg

kate bishop confirmed.

going live tomorrow june 2nd. seems to be the Simulator event.

Easily wrecked Hulk with my Lv 271 Hulkbuster. Racked up the red, 25 red did 15k damage and won me a purple Red Hulk cover. So he's coming along nicely.

zulux21

I have a feeling thanks to the 3 hulkbuster covers we got a lot of people will find today's pretty easy.

also I think my favorite trivial node team right now is daken, If, and blade.

just make strike tiles as fast as possible (matching green ignoring red) and IF's attack tile will do the rest of the work.

Not having any luck with my 2/3/2 lvl 120 HB is up to the task..any pointers?

The only thing I could suggest is deny red at all costs. You'll probably need a few blows to bring him down so try to do it when there are potential black matches, allowing you to diffuse his passive.

NineH

I got lucky and pulled a purple Iceman in the PvE vault. He is now 2/5/5 so is it worth to save up 120 cp to get his last cover? I'm tempted to save for that but 6 chances for a 5 star is tempting to me as well.

Triz

I got lucky and pulled a purple Iceman in the PvE vault. He is now 2/5/5 so is it worth to save up 120 cp to get his last cover? I'm tempted to save for that but 6 chances for a 5 star is tempting to me as well.

He's honestly one of the best 4 star characters...

zulux21

I'll try that tomorrow...

I mess with a lot of trivial teams, IF is almost always in them because his attack tile just eats up HP, but yeah, with blade and daken if you get lucky and have a green match and enough red on the board by the time IF's attack tile goes off you can be looking at around 200 extra damage on round 2 (if you have two green matches around 300 extra damage) which makes for an 700-800 per turn hit on the enemies which will melt most trivial nodes before they can get anything going lol.

I mess with a lot of trivial teams, IF is almost always in them because his attack tile just eats up HP, but yeah, with blade and daken if you get lucky and have a green match and enough red on the board by the time IF's attack tile goes off you can be looking at around 200 extra damage on round 2 (if you have two green matches around 300 extra damage) which makes for an 700-800 per turn hit on the enemies which will melt most trivial nodes before they can get anything going lol.

This was an interesting combination - but probably won't supersede my "go to". The main reason is that it lacks any "big" moves (like HB's red, Cage's yellow or Cyclops' black). I've been moving through the DD pretty quickly lately with HB (and using his red once or twice along the way), Fist & Falcon.

Spoit

If the node is (primarily) goons instead of characters, try using carnage for fast farming, with a regenerator that is able to grab tiles, eg OML or maaaaybe a boosted patch or laken. His black triggers on each CD tile power being cast.

zulux21

I champed quicksilver today.
from his token I got a green quake.

she is getting pretty far along now 4/3/3 and I am starting to think that she might be a great character against goons as she has board shake, board destruction and can stop AOE attacks.

Dalek

Looks like some changes were patched today. You'll get more Iso for your alliance mates playing. So instead of a maximum of 200 it's now 2000.

Also they increased the chances of pulling a 5* from 10% to 15%

zulux21

Looks like some changes were patched today. You'll get more Iso for your alliance mates playing. So instead of a maximum of 200 it's now 2000.

Also they increased the chances of pulling a 5* from 10% to 15%
that is really awesome actually. as an extra 1800 iso a day will help.
im still glad I pulled my token earlier though as while GG is interesting I really don't care about filling a roster slot with cap or iron man right now.
They also raised the amount of Iso you get from selling a champion.

this is of much interest to me. *checks*

HOLY F***

it went from 17500 iso and 125 hp to 65000 iso and 125hp for selling a 2 star champ.

my plan of merely building up a new champ, selling the old, and then leveling the new one is now not crazy as it is merely like 5k iso now to get all the champ rewards from the new character.

that seems to be exactly what the iso jump is for... and also means that my next so many champs will likely be characters the 2 stars I haven't champed yet (or already have) funnel into so that I can keep building characters up.

Malmorian

Just sold two, 2* champs for that sweet, sweet iso. Champ'd IM40 and pulled a Green Thing. Wish that iso boost had been in effect 2 weeks ago when I cashed in most of my 2*'s

zulux21

Why can't they just increase the amount received from rewards?

I imagine they will eventually. this is an easy change to do, rebalancing rewards would take more time.

I imagine it might happen when they are happy with the new PVE system.

we did get this in the forums.
So good to hear, thank you all. We have more things coming!

Dalek

Who are the required 2*s in the simulator?

Just sold three of my championed 2*s and used that ISO to raise my 4* Deadpool to level 250. Via should be getting his last needed cover this weekend too so he'll be championed soon.

zulux21

so pretty seeing 1900 iso from daily log in today.

Who are the required 2*s in the simulator?

Just sold three of my championed 2*s and used that ISO to raise my 4* Deadpool to level 250. Via should be getting his last needed cover this weekend too so he'll be championed soon.

should be

I need to get a bagman. I am reading that bagman is special and has a legendary token for level 144 making him a decent choice to repeatedly champ over time o_O

zulux21

I saw that "Prevent enemies from healing" bit in her Blue power and I clenched my mouse a bit. Kamala's one of my mainstays on my teams because of her healing, and she's now got a counter to that in Kate Bishop.

I'm gonna have to disagree here and say kate isn't remotely a counter. her stop healing thing completely useless in PVP vs KK because really she does enough damage that if you have her blue move up it will just out right kill KK.

as for PVE it will work on the times kate shows up below level 150, but any time she is higher than that again she will likely just out right kill KK and the stop healing thing won't matter.

It's a sorta counter to 4 and 5 star healing, but even then ice man is typically a better counter unless you are facing an all heal team.

it's possible some future 4/5 stars might change things though. I mean who knows maybe they will make a 5 star someday that just passively heals the entire team for a small amount (maybe like 150-200 at max level.

Spoit

I'm gonna have to disagree here and say kate isn't remotely a counter. her stop healing thing completely useless in PVP vs KK because really she does enough damage that if you have her blue move up it will just out right kill KK.

as for PVE it will work on the times kate shows up below level 150, but any time she is higher than that again she will likely just out right kill KK and the stop healing thing won't matter.

It's a sorta counter to 4 and 5 star healing, but even then ice man is typically a better counter unless you are facing an all heal team.

it's possible some future 4/5 stars might change things though. I mean who knows maybe they will make a 5 star someday that just passively heals the entire team for a small amount (maybe like 150-200 at max level.
Doesn't that new cap have a team heal?

zulux21

Doesn't that new cap have a team heal?

it's an active skill Everybody to me! New plan - let’s take the fight to them. Removes up to 8 random friendly Strike, Protect, and Attack tiles, then for each removed, deals 354 damage to the target and gives his team a burst of 245 health. 7 blue.

so I mean you could time the healing and the AI wouldn't heal, but I was more referring to something like old man logan or patch just for the whole team (at around 1/3rd the power) in regards to a passive healing skill.

in other news, in the current PVE I should get 25CP so it should be fun to see what I get from that. I got a yellow kingpin cover from the simulation token that was nice.

I will for sure get 1 kate cover, there is a small chance I can get 2. I am hovering around 25th right now.

Triz

I know its par for the course, but if you miss a new character cover, it pisses me off that you can pretty much fuck off the next pve.

Dalek

I know its par for the course, but if you miss a new character cover, it pisses me off that you can pretty much fuck off the next pve.

Me too. Couldn't get top 100. Also just got 25 cp and my reward was another duplicate 4 star. Granted it was a Hulkbuster, but still it left a bad taste in my mouth after all the work getting the 25 CP progression award in that PVP. I think I'm getting burnt out.

zulux21

doesn't bother me. the PVE after the new character is almost always useless so I tend to ignore it.

Just lost my phone in Colombia. Don't get home for a week or so. Hope I don't miss anything good... *sniff*

Guess I'll be missing out on some sweet sweet taco pulls though...

Me too. Couldn't get top 100. Also just got 25 cp and my reward was another duplicate 4 star. Granted it was a Hulkbuster, but still it left a bad taste in my mouth after all the work getting the 25 CP progression award in that PVP. I think I'm getting burnt out.

Sounds like you are still trying to grind the entire event instead of joining a late bracket. If you want to get placement, you may have to sacrifice the progression.

Dalek

Sounds like you are still trying to grind the entire event instead of joining a late bracket. If you want to get placement, you may have to sacrifice the progression.

I've tried the joining late before, even taking Zulux's advice-it doesn't work for me. For whatever reason the game always places me in competitive brackets no matter what.

zulux21

I've tried the joining late before, even taking Zulux's advice-it doesn't work for me. For whatever reason the game always places me in competitive brackets no matter what.

if you grind every event you are way more likely to end up in competitive brackets.

anyways, got the progression CP and pulled a black drax. since i am sitting at 21st I might as well grind some more and try for 2 covers. plus I am at 18CP and I think I haven't gotten either CP from this wave yet so if I get those I can pull again.

edit: got the other CP. ended up with a red hulkbuster cover that I got to sell for 1k iso :/

edit2: yay 2 kate covers

Spoit

Huh I was able to just sneak in a top 5 finish with late joining. Now to not play pve for another few months to let my MMR recover

Triz

When you beat 4 star wolverine with a 152 deadpool and pull a nick fury cover that you have maxed....

Blue or purple would have been fine :(

zulux21

We’ve got another mission difficulty test coming up in the Enemy of the State event beginning June 09, 2016. Here are the details from Demiurge:

“During the Meet Rocket & Groot event, we saw that people were playing less overall and higher-level rosters were performing better than low-level rosters. However, we saw that people were still playing according to a schedule and some players were grinding the Easy missions a lot. In Enemy of the State, we will be running the new mission difficulty again but with a few changes to help address playing at specific times and players grinding Easy nodes.

No More Points Regeneration - In both versions of mission difficulty, the amount of points you can gain in a mission goes down the more you play them. Once a mission is worth less points, it takes some time for the points to regenerate back to the full amount. We have removed that system so that once a mission is worth less points, it will never be worth more points again. There is now a finite amount of times a mission can be played where you will gain points from beating it.

More Missions....and More Rewards! - Because there is a finite amount of times you can play a mission, we bumped up the amount of missions that can be played for Hard and Required Character missions to six (from four). We haven't changed the starting difficulty for any mission but we did raise the end difficulty for Hard missions (Required Character missions will end slightly harder than before). We also increased the amount of rewards that can be earned from a mission to match how many times a mission can be beaten for points. There won't be a time where you are gaining points for beating a mission but do not receive a reward.

Updated Mission Difficulty Details:
• Missions are Worth a Finite Amount of Points
o Once a mission reaches its maximum difficulty, the mission begins to be worth less points.
o Every time a mission is beaten while it is at maximum difficulty, the points the mission is worth is reduced by 25% of the maximum amount of points the mission is worth (to a minimum of zero points).
o The points a mission is worth no longer regenerates over time.

• More missions (and more rewards!)
o Each sub-chapter has a minimum of nine repeatable missions: Three Easy, three Hard and three Required Character missions.
o In one-day sub-chapters, Easy missions increase in difficulty 4 times and are worth points the first 7 times they are beaten. Hard and Required Character missions increase in difficulty 6 times and are worth points the first 9 times they are beaten.
o In two-day sub-chapters, Easy missions increase in difficulty 8 times and are worth points the first 11 times they are beaten. Hard and Required Character missions increase in difficulty 12 times and are worth points the first 15 times they are beaten.
o Each mission has rewards equal to the amount of times they can be beaten for points.

• Difficulty Changes
o No changes have been made to Easy missions.
o All missions start at the same difficulty as Meet Rocket & Groot (the last event to use the new mission difficulty).
o Hard missions have a maximum difficulty higher than Meet Rocket & Groot.
o Required Character missions have a maximum difficulty slightly harder than Meet Rocket & Groot."

Thanks, as always, for participating in the tests and providing your feedback!

seems like they are approaching a pure PVE, but they seem dead set on people putting in 4-5 hours per day into the game :/

Spoit

How does that resolve ties? Does that make every single PvE like that completely ridiculous "first 10 people to beat every single gauntlet node" thing they did once?

zulux21

How does that resolve ties? Does that make every single PvE like that completely ridiculous "first 10 people to beat every single gauntlet node" thing they did once?

that is sadly the current assumption.

that placement will all be about people getting their first.

likely the hard nodes will be designed to get so hard that even teams with full champ 5 star rosters will have issues beating them.

we will have to see how the rewards are. I mean if they add actual good rewards to stuff, including putting much better rewards on the later harder nodes it might not be horrible. but my current assumption is that they will just add 70 iso rewards to everything.

before I fully hate on this I want to see placement stuff and node rewards, but it sure doesn't sound good on paper at all.

Ideally progression will stay pretty much as it is, but then just add like a second set on top of it that includes really good rewards resulting in people getting the top 10 placement rewards well before having to grind everything down to 0. I mean if you remove placement rewards from PVE that would be great to me as it means you wouldn't have any more events where you try and try only to fail to get a new character.

I mean it would be great if we could just see PVE set up a lot like the boss events where you get progression rewards and then alliance progression rewards as well.

Top Bottom