• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Spoit

Actually, yeah, it'd be okay. IF and only if, they switch the major rewards to progressions, instead of placement, like the gauntlent

zulux21

Actually, yeah, it'd be okay. IF and only if, they switch the major rewards to progressions, instead of placement, like the gauntlent

it seems to be the logical place these things are heading and what the vocal part of the community wants.

I still don't get why they haven't ever done easy and hard versions of events where the easy one has progression like it used to be, 4* at very top and then 3* ect and a hard version with a guranteed 5* at top and then 4* like 3 star and 3* like 2 star but scaling starts at like a min assumption that your roster is at 270 or so to lock out new players from building up a high end roster.

but w/e. they promised with the alliance iso changes and the sell iso changes that there would be more changes coming soon. last time they started teasing stuff like that was after they introduced CP and then ultimately they introduced champions.

Dalek

I got two 4* characters fully covered today.

First I pulled a Deadpool cover from the DDQ, which in turn gave me the last 4* Deadpool I needed. He's level 250 now-I'll start leveling him soon.

Secondly I pulled a Nick Fury from a Coversquirrel token-which makes him 5/3/5 for me.

zulux21

so enemy of the state is up and at the very least it doesn't look like the the progression or overall rewards have changed much.

Triz

I got two 4* characters fully covered today.

First I pulled a Deadpool cover from the DDQ, which in turn gave me the last 4* Deadpool I needed. He's level 250 now-I'll start leveling him soon.

Secondly I pulled a Nick Fury from a Coversquirrel token-which makes him 5/3/5 for me.

Ill trade you a championed IW for that dead pool ;)

zulux21

first reaction to the new PVE style.

will be decent to get rewards randomly playing.

will be absolute horse crap for placement rewards.

placement needs to go if they think this is a good thing at all.

and while I can get the huge grind numbers, likely aim progression rewards at 3-4 full clears leaving lots of extra room for people to merely grind for extra rewards or to hit progression with mostly fully grinding out the easier nodes.

edit: also... hmmm to spend 700HP over the next few days chasing some jean gray blue covers or to continue saving for more roster slots :p

tOPeWYV.png

etrain911

I'm sadly trapped at the last fight on Liberty Island in the Venom Bomb story. How full is the current alliance? I'm looking for a good one since I've taken to playing more rigorously.

zulux21

I'm sadly trapped at the last fight on Liberty Island in the Venom Bomb story. How full is the current alliance? I'm looking for a good one since I've taken to playing more rigorously.
it's currently full, don't know if there is anyone who is completely burnt out to replace.
though we haven't gotten the full 2k in iso yet as someone keeps missing (not the same person :p)

Dalek

2 for 2 so far this season getting the 1000 reward in the PVPs.

So that's an extra Carnage and Cyclops cover for me. I hope I can get in the next one as it's a Kate Bishop and I don't even have one of them-but I imagine that one will be more competitive.

Spoit

2 for 2 so far this season getting the 1000 reward in the PVPs.

So that's an extra Carnage and Cyclops cover for me. I hope I can get in the next one as it's a Kate Bishop and I don't even have one of them-but I imagine that one will be more competitive.

More competition just means that there's more worthwhile targets to hit

EDIT: Bah, today's 4*s were lame. The cykes was the only color I actually had maxed, and the 2 tokens from the 25 CP were just carnage and HB

zulux21

got a purple red hulk for beating rags with lady thor.

not bad... but a little sad he is now 1/1/4 and his purple power doesn't become great until 5 lol

Hulkbuster being buffed right now is so good. 31k health and a punch that deals 10k minimum damage. Sitting in 5th in my bracket with 814 pts, with about 20 hours to go.

Dalek

It was a lot of hard work-and shielding-but I got my Kate Bishop cover. With all my PVP wins I've been neglecting PVE.

I also fully leveled my X-Force Wolverine and also got an X-23 and a Sam Wilson from Championing rewards, so it was a decent day.

Triz

Perhaps Ive been really unlucky, but in the new PVE system, in three days not once have I scored the token from the node on the first play through...or any successive play through. I do not like that at all.

Dalek

Perhaps Ive been really unlucky, but in the new PVE system, in three days not once have I scored the token from the node on the first play through...or any successive play through. I do not like that at all.

PVE just seems like 3x the work and time now

Malmorian

Whelp, I don't have a clue what's going on in PvE...but i'm in 83rd place overall?? I've barely gone through the nodes once, and i'm coming in top 20. So, I like the changes, I guess? Also champed She-Hulk and pulled a Blue Iceman cover! YaY!

zulux21

So, how bad are the forums burning down with the new placement mechanism?

actually there seems to be far more...
Screw this.

then just straight out constant rage.

most people seem to have just left understanding that there isn't any way the developers are going to change anything or even respond.

Triz

Whelp, I don't have a clue what's going on in PvE...but i'm in 83rd place overall?? I've barely gone through the nodes once, and i'm coming in top 20. So, I like the changes, I guess? Also champed She-Hulk and pulled a Blue Iceman cover! YaY!

lol i go through once and I'm in 600 place...You got a great bracket.

MiTYH

Who's good to Champ next? I should have the iso for one in the next few days:

- Human Torch- 2 covers
- Grey Suit Widow- 1 cover
- Loki- 1 cover

All are currently at level 127, so it's just shy of 100k to champ them. But I'm working through champions slowly, The ones below are alreadychamped:

- Hulk
- BPanther
- Thor
- Beast
- Deadpool
- CAmerica
- Doom
- Blade
- Cage
- Magneto
- KK

I could wait for the deadpol daily to use the iso on IronFist or Falcon, just not sure who's best to prioritize.

zulux21

Who's good to Champ next? I should have the iso for one in the next few days:

- Human Torch- 2 covers
- Grey Suit Widow- 1 cover
- Loki- 1 cover

All are currently at level 127, so it's just shy of 100k to champ them. But I'm working through champions slowly, The ones below are alreadychamped:

- Hulk
- BPanther
- Thor
- Beast
- Deadpool
- CAmerica
- Doom
- Blade
- Cage
- Magneto
- KK

I could wait for the deadpol daily to use the iso on IronFist or Falcon, just not sure who's best to prioritize.

IF is the answer to like 75% of marvel puzzle quest until you reach 4 star land.

IF + Cage + Falcon does great against most things, especially waves as you can just build strike defense and attack tiles up and murderize later stuff.

MiTYH

IF is the answer to like 75% of marvel puzzle quest until you reach 4 star land.

IF + Cage + Falcon does great against most things, especially waves as you can just build strike defense and attack tiles up and murderize later stuff.

Message received! I'll save up. Looks like IF comes back on 7/4 so I'll have more than enough for him by then. Sadly he was one of my last 3*'s to even get one cover. I had a bad roster for a while

Dalek

Got my season 10 pack. All 2 stars and one lone 4 star-a Jean Grey cover! A green-of which I'm already at 5 covers for.

Man, I pretty much only play DDQ in this game. Tried to get some rewards in PvE and after doing a multi wave fight and getting 70iso three times in a row, I'm reminded why I stopped.

They do have some great ideas like DDQ and championing. But then they make you grind your ass off for peanuts in the rest of the game. It's frustrating.

zulux21

gotta love the PVE test

MVP news time

so for 9.99 you get 25% faster healing (big woop)

and

0 Legendary Token
1 1000 ISO
2 100 HP
3 Heroic Token
4 3 CP
5 1000 ISO
6 100 HP
7 Heroic Token
8 1000 ISO
9 500 ISO
10 100 HP
11 500 ISO
12 3 CP
13 Legendary Token
14 100 HP
15 Heroic Token
16 1000 ISO
17 500 ISO
18 100 HP
19 Heroic Token
20 3 CP
21 1000 ISO
22 100 HP
23 Heroic Token
24 1000 ISO
25 1000 ISO
26 100 HP
27 Heroic Token
28 1500 ISO

aka 2 Legendary tokens, 6 Heroic tokens, 9500 ISO, 700 HP, 9 CP

so $5 of hp when it's on sale.
about $10 of iso but still basically worthless because iso is such a bad deal in general.
and some tokens.

I might bite if I need some HP sometime, but isn't all that exciting.

moon knight specs.
looks odd, but not terrible.

MiTYH

aka 2 Legendary tokens, 6 Heroic tokens, 9500 ISO, 700 HP, 9 CP

For $10 that ISO seems barely worth it. That's all I need right now, ISO ISO ISO. I can get that in what, three days of DDQ? The heroic tokens are basically free 2*s, not worth much. 9CP isn't as amazing, but better than nothing I suppose. Even with two month you still wouldn't have enough for a tier 1 CP token.

Major pass on this "feature"

zulux21

beat blade on the first try with my level 130 or so electra with 74 hp left lol.

got a green goblin purple cover for my troubles.

zulux21

Grrrrrrr

I got a Red Cyclops cover. At least it wasn't a duplicate, I guess.

even with that I am still only at 0/2/1 on GG.
at least a year away from him being usable. though at least he is the only one I pull from the classic tokens as I don't want IM or Cap to waste more roster space.

it is kind of nice to know I will never have to put any iso in them though. (since they have made it clear that there isn't a good reason to level 5* if you don't play PVP competitively)

beat blade on the first try with my level 130 or so electra with 74 hp left lol.

got a green goblin purple cover for my troubles.

Same here - denied black, followed by red & purple and it went pretty quickly (lvl 147 2/3/2). I pulled my first 5* Cap (yellow). I also pulled my final Fury today which I'm pretty pleased about. After HB he's my second covered 4*.

Championed Grey Suit Black Widow, got a Quake cover out of it.

Then got this season's 10 pack, and got a few 3-star champion levels out of it along with my 5th red Falcon Cap cover, bringing him to 1/3/5. That red attack hurts, especially with the yellow (which I have 1 of).

zulux21

I know not many play on steam with me (and this might help people in general :p)

but if you want to support the VIP stuff with a small discount best buy is running a buy one get one 20% off on select gaming credit and steam credit is one of them (itunes and google play does not seem to be some of them)

Dalek

I basically ignored the Enemy of the State PVE and maybe that's how I got into an easy The Hunt PVE. I'm holding steady in like 20th place-should easily get a Moon Knight cover.

Spoit

I know not many play on steam with me (and this might help people in general :p)

but if you want to support the VIP stuff with a small discount best buy is running a buy one get one 20% off on select gaming credit and steam credit is one of them (itunes and google play does not seem to be some of them)

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not actually spending any money on MPQ, but the steam sale is coming up. I guess 10% off is better than nothing, though hopefully frys will come through with another $50 for 40 or something

Top Bottom