• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

oh man a fully leveled poolverine combo. I bet that is amazing in action.

When it works, it's awesome-but trying to accumulate all that purple and black can be tricky sometimes. Plus you're focused on getting Red and Yellow as well for their respective heals.

OK next steps for me-should I

1. Put ISO into Iceman and RHulk getting them both to 250?
2. Champion my fully covered 4 stars (Nick Fury, IW, Elektra, Professor X)
3. Finish up championing my remaining 3* characters? (Torch, Captain Marvel, Bullseye, Collosus, Doctor Octopus, Psylocke, Ragnarok, Sentry, Vision)
4. Focus on getting my 4 stars up to 160-200 so they can compete in their respective 4* DDQ fights?
Ant-Man currently at 170-can go to 233
Carnage currently at 167-can go to 229
Star-Lord currently at 166 can go to 250
Miles currently at 166 can go to 188
Kingpin currently at 147 can go to 188
Thing currently at 131 can go to 152
Cyclops currently at 111 can go to 156
Ghost Rider currently at 111 can go to 147
X-23 currently at 111 can go to 127
Nova currently at 111 can go to 131
Sam Wilson Cap currently at 86 (!) can go to 156
everyone else is either too poorly covered or not worth leveling higher like Mister Fantastic or Chulk.

Dalek

1. The covers matter a lot more than the actual levels for the DDQ fights

Looks like the next 3 are Ant-Man, Star-Lord and Kingpin.
My Ant-Man is 5/1/5
Star-Lord is 5/4/3
Kingpin is 4/3/2

I might just spend the next 15 days leveling these guys up in order to stand a chance. I know the Star-Lord one is really rough against Gamora.

zulux21

1. The covers matter a lot more than the actual levels for the DDQ fights

my plan is to just get fully covered 144-180 roster between all of my 2/3/4 stars to give me the biggest flexibility I can have. sadly the stupid 5 stars mess up my ratings but w/e 255 will be my upper cap for likely the next year

Dalek

With my 20 CP tonight I pulled a needed X-23. Still though-I can't remember the last time I got a 5 star.

I really want at least one of OML's yellow.

Looks like the next 3 are Ant-Man, Star-Lord and Kingpin.
My Ant-Man is 5/1/5
Star-Lord is 5/4/3
Kingpin is 4/3/2

I might just spend the next 15 days leveling these guys up in order to stand a chance. I know the Star-Lord one is really rough against Gamora.

Man, if those are the next three, I should breeze through. It's a good feeling!

Oh and I totally jumped on that VIP train.

zulux21

Man, if those are the next three, I should breeze through. It's a good feeling!

Oh and I totally jumped on that VIP train.

mine will be a pain
ant man will be easy as mine is 4/5/4
but after that I don't think I can do them.

starlord is 2/1/1
kingpin is 1/0/2

I might jump on the VIP train down the line if I need HP, but for now I am not getting on it, as it just isn't worth it.
the quicker recovery is a joke as it should at the very least reduce the health pack timer by 25% as no one really uses natural healing unless they are not playing for a while.

the iso is useless, the HP isn't even enough to get a single roster slot. just doesn't seem like a good deal for $10. for $5 it would be fine, but for $10 it only seems worth it if I really really need HP.

Malmorian

Cashed my CP reward today in for a Red Cyc..meh. Not enjoying this Ant-Man/JG fight. He's 4/4/4 lvl 103. Thoughts on how to beat her? Do I just need to level him up a bunch to survive? She schools me constantly

zulux21

Cashed my CP reward today in for a Red Cyc..meh. Not enjoying this Ant-Man/JG fight. He's 4/4/4 lvl 103. Thoughts on how to beat her? Do I just need to level him up a bunch to survive? She schools me constantly

deny her both colors and get your purple attack tiles on the board as early as possible and hope you don't get any 5 matches.

that went well for me.

6vj5KvI.jpg
mine is level 131 I think.

green goblin keeps hanging out with me
now 0/2/2 for me. would be nice if I could get his black move as then I could at least boredly use him on trivial nodes or something

Triz

I beat her with a 152. Zulux is right deny her purple and green, get your purple tiles out fast and yellow to boost the damage on them. I used Match damage boost and start with 2 all colors and 2 purple blue.

I pulled a black dead pool that made me very happy.

zulux21

I beat her with a 152. Zulux is right deny her purple and green, get your purple tiles out fast and yellow to boost the damage on them. I used Match damage boost and start with 2 all colors and 2 purple blue.

I pulled a black dead pool that made me very happy.

same boosts I used.

of course the game was both mean and nice to me at the same time.

my board started with a 5 match of purple in the middle of the screen and flashed telling me to pick it.

luckily I eventually noticed that I could make a match near the bottom of the board that would get me some purple and chain half of the 5 match into more purple netting me the purple I needed for the attack tiles on the first turn.

Malmorian

Finally beat JG, scored another Punisher cover making him 1/1/0..put lost all him health packs, ap boosts and dmg boosts. Friggin' rough fight mates

zulux21

Wow. Not a single 4* in my ten pack. What a crock

I really don't get the complaint here.
if you didn't get a single 3* that would be one thing (but you still have like a 10% chance of that happening), but even with 10 heroic tokens your odds of getting a 4* is still only around 10% o.o

the Heroic 10 pack from PVP is just a trap to get you to play more, you shouldn't count on getting anything of interest from it.

Malmorian

I really don't get the complaint here.
if you didn't get a single 3* that would be one thing (but you still have like a 10% chance of that happening), but even with 10 heroic tokens your odds of getting a 4* is still only around 10% o.o

the Heroic 10 pack from PVP is just a trap to get you to play more, you shouldn't count on getting anything of interest from it.

I got one 3*, IM. The rest were 2*'s so i'm a bit salty lol

Beat JG with my Lv 195 Ant-Man yesterday, got another purple Miles Morales cover, my 4th. He's now at 4/0/1, though I'm looking to level up my Falcon Cap first.

Triz

Fuck that last node of the simulator. 302 level moon knight who randomly does 15k damage to one of your guys...plus dealing with a 300 cage and his defense tile? this game sometimes.

Dalek

I think I'm going to just start hoarding my CP. I just spend it and get dupe 4* covers that I can't even use to champion. My Jean Grey is 2/5/5 and the game just insists on giving my Jean Grey Blue and Green covers left and right-it's like a cruel joke. I really feel disenfranchised by this especially when everyone else is pulling 5*'s out of theirs like it's a piñata.

OML covers are 720 CP-I might as well just save for one of those than constantly pulling duplicates.

zulux21

I think I'm going to just start hoarding my CP. I just spend it and get dupe 4* covers that I can't even use to champion. My Jean Grey is 2/5/5 and the game just insists on giving my Jean Grey Blue and Green covers left and right-it's like a cruel joke. I really feel disenfranchised by this especially when everyone else is pulling 5*'s out of theirs like it's a piñata.

OML covers are 720 CP-I might as well just save for one of those than constantly pulling duplicates.

I feel like once you get a good character close it is far better to just save for that last cover especially if you are sitting 2/5/5

So, Peggy Carter Captain America is the next new 4-star.

But it also looks like she's just an original character, like her cover says "Marvel Puzzle Quest - Peggy Carter" where it would otherwise say a comic title.

zulux21

So, Peggy Carter Captain America is the next new 4-star.

But it also looks like she's just an original character, like her cover says "Marvel Puzzle Quest - Peggy Carter" where it would otherwise say a comic title.

will have to see what a special tile is and what not but

I am assuming the passive is only by one at one cover and at a higher hp needed.

the blue move seems really costly for what it is, it will depend what the special tile is but having a stun that doesn't work on the last enemy seems dumb.

overall with that info, she seems like a really easy pass as she likely needs to be max covered to be useful :/

edit: just actually booted the game and looked at stuff and saw those were the base of her powers not final. she might actually be pretty solid in general then

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
Question. I have a 2* Torch 4/5/3, that I really want to get to 5/5/3, but I just pulled another green for him. I'm not clear on how championing works. Could I up him to 4/5/4, champ him, then immediately respec to 5/5/3 without requiring any more covers? Guides talk about respecing champions but don't go into detail.

zulux21

Question. I have a 2* Torch 4/5/3, that I really want to get to 5/5/3, but I just pulled another green for him. I'm not clear on how championing works. Could I up him to 4/5/4, champ him, then immediately respec to 5/5/3 without requiring any more covers? Guides talk about respecing champions but don't go into detail.

yes, if you champ him you can freely change his covers around without needing more.

NineH

no way a level 94 star lord can beat gamora so i can't get that

I should have had the same mindset as I have starlord at 166 but I spent 10 health packs and a ton of boosts and I still couldn't beat her. I was close once but yeah, starlord sucks.

Dalek

Do you guys spend CP on pulls? I always figured it was better saving them for specific covers? Has anyone done the math, given the risks seen above?

If you are fairly new to the game-I'm of the mindset that you should bank your CP. Those 4 stars will most likely be a hinderance to you with so few character slots at this point. You'd be better off saving them and focusing on building your 3* characters. Otherwise you'll end up with like 20 4* characters with only 1 or 2 covers.

zulux21

Do you guys spend CP on pulls? I always figured it was better saving them for specific covers? Has anyone done the math, given the risks seen above?

there are three stages of CP

stage one use it to buy needed 3 star covers if you are fairly new.
stage two spend your CP for 4 star pulls (where I am at, and he was useless but still a cover I neded, there are only like 3 4 star covers total that are completely useless so random pull is way better)
stage 3 save for the last covers you need for the good characters.

alternatively, attempt to pull all the time and just go for 5 stars :p

If you are fairly new to the game-I'm of the mindset that you should bank your CP. Those 4 stars will most likely be a hinderance to you with so few character slots at this point. You'd be better off saving them and focusing on building your 3* characters. Otherwise you'll end up with like 20 4* characters with only 1 or 2 covers.

yup

Dalek

By the way. It was a hard fight even with my level 192 5/4/3 Star-Lord. Took me about 7 attempts to win-Gamora is just so cheap!

Got a Cover for my championed Thor.

Spoit

The only way you'd save up enough CP to make purchasing covers even remotely feasibly is if you're hitting the 25 point mark every single pve and pvp. And even then 120 would take months, much less the 5* costs (700 something?)

Top Bottom