• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

NineH

Just a heads up, the Peggy Carter PvE seems to be a stealth double iso event. So if you are low on Iso (which would be all of us) you should play it even for a bit to gain some badly needed iso.

zulux21

The only way you'd save up enough CP to make purchasing covers even remotely feasibly is if you're hitting the 25 point mark every single pve and pvp. And even then 120 would take months, much less the 5* costs (700 something?)

it would take about 2 months yea.

I mean if you champ your 4 stars that reduces the number of dead covers and makes random rolling more worth it again.

MiTYH

Woot! Got my last simulator token last night, used it and pulled a legendary token. Pulled that, Second Green Goblin! Black this time, to go with Yellow. They pair nicely.

And with PVP Season ending, got enough HP to open up a new slot (not like my Hulk Cho is doing me any favors, but still, I hate to throw away covers). All in all, a good haul.

zulux21

I cleared every node in the round 7 times to get every reward-and I still ended up in 97th place.

things aren't going so bad for me >.>
joined a few hours ago.

7S6yMpH.png

2fltYVl.png
>.>

zulux21

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ron-swanson-laughing.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]

if it helps I fell to second >.>

I think I would have preferred to be in a bad bracket, because now I feel like I have to compete for the next 3 days... and since I am only working a few hours for the next 3 days....

I actually can.

NineH

I'm so happy that I finally completed iceman thanks to the 1000 point reward for the pvp. I've had him at 2/5/5 for a long time now so I'm glad that now I can experience how awesome he can be.

Spoit

Hmm late joining got me a bracket with only 200 people.....but it's all x-men and IR people :(. Seems like my MMR still hasn't reset back after that hawkeye pve

EDIT: meh, the boosted list is terrible, not bothering

zulux21

Hmm late joining got me a bracket with only 200 people.....but it's all x-men and IR people :(. Seems like my MMR still hasn't reset back after that hawkeye pve

EDIT: meh, the boosted list is terrible, not bothering

I think I am the only one who got lucky this time. (for various definitions of lucky as I really should be doing something more important than grinding this game :/)

rankings at the last node opening up

as long as I don't screw up my timing to badly I should be able to keep a top 2.

and then I won't be able to do any events seriously for a while because of my MMR being horrible lol

Spoit

Yeah, I think they were grinding it down to 1s. This is probably a pretty fresh bracket, possibly even just yesterday's sub, and they had like...3/5 of your points

zulux21

Yeah, I think they were grinding it down to 1s. This is probably a pretty fresh bracket, possibly even just yesterday's sub, and they had like...3/5 of your points

yeah, I joined earlier because of the double iso from the event... was just planning on grinding some in my free time to get iso to champ blade (got a yellow lady thor from it) and now I have to keep trying so I can get the top spot since peggy looks like a solid character.

plus even if I didn't get her now I would get her soon enough.

I swear that even though female characters make up less than 50% of the 4* pop, i get them way more than 50% of the time.

Okay, I haven't been able to play since early yesterday, so I missed the end of the first section of Unstable ISO, and most of the second. I have had two complete runs, minus two required character nodes, in the first section. I am currently 86th, with 3 hours left to go. HOW?

Triz

Okay, I haven't been able to play since early yesterday, so I missed the end of the first section of Unstable ISO, and most of the second. I have had two complete runs, minus two required character nodes, in the first section. I am currently 86th, with 3 hours left to go. HOW?

If you are new to the game you are probably in a bracket with other newbies.

If you are new to the game you are probably in a bracket with other newbies.

The SHIELD Resupply currently says I'm on Day 535, but because of the way it counts them, it's actually been much longer. (I've been in GAFvengers since before the Ultron event last year)

Dalek

I probably blew my chance at a Peggy Carter cover today. I had a ton of work to do so I didn't get as many clears in-dropped way down in the ranks.

Looks like Moon Knight is he progression award for this seasons simulator.

Spoit

Congrats on the 4 Peggy covers. I'm always envious of your bracket luck :p

My score was a little under 61000 and was only good enough for 25th place.

Seriously. My bracket that probably only had 2 subs worth of points in it had 53k as the top 10 score

I finished top ten with about 45k. Got 3 covers.

The SHIELD Resupply currently says I'm on Day 535, but because of the way it counts them, it's actually been much longer. (I've been in GAFvengers since before the Ultron event last year)
It has nothing to do with how long you've been playing, just how much you play in events.

So skipping two events is enough to reset bracket placing? I had to grind pretty hard to get top 100 in the PVE with Moon Knight as a reward, and I usually finish top 100 every other event.
Sometimes that is enough. Nobody knows the exact algorithm. If I won't be able to grind an event, I often just join and play one node.
If you tank a few events where you don't care about the rewards, you can easily place well in the new character release events.

Malmorian

That invisible tile is so OP, beat Elektra on my 1st try. Thankfully she used Double-Double Cross early and I was able to boost those tiles like mad. Probably the fastest 4* match i've ever done.

Scored a Purple Fury, making him 3/3/5 now

I thought my bracket ended at Midnight, not 11pm last night so I got bumped out of the top ten. Landed two Peggy's.

I *finally* pulled a purple Professor X cover last week so for the first time ever I was able to compete in today's 4* Deadpool Daily. Sure it took about 20 minutes, but my 3/1/0 lvl 70 finally did the job.

....and that's a yellow IW. Well, at least she's fully covered now.

zulux21

beat my prof x node.

netted the 4 star that is currently stalking me, another x23 cover.

she is up to 2/3/5 now for me as I got another purple cover for her.

Patience is the key! I beat the 4* node with a 2/1/1 Level 70 Professor X, and I got a red Hulkbuster for my trouble, making him 5/1/3. I'm pumped I maxed out his red, but now I have worry about getting duplicates.

Patience is the key! I beat the 4* node with a 2/1/1 Level 70 Professor X, and I got a red Hulkbuster for my trouble, making him 5/1/3. I'm pumped I maxed out his red, but now I have worry about getting duplicates.
Congrats

Also, the other day I championed 2 characters: got Mr Fantastic followed by IW

zulux21

what do you get again for championing? is it different, like VIP?

i feel like i should focus on championing 2 stars since i'd get extras more frequently but iunno

thoughts?

it depends what your goal is.

I even though I have 2 four stars ready to be champed and a couple more getting close I likely won't touch them until I build up all of my 2 and 3 stars.

the 2 stars get you covers for some 3 stars and the 3 stars can get you 4 star covers so they chain up.

if you are far enough along though, champing 3 stars and just working on them is a fine way to go, but I much prefer not selling 2 star covers thus I plan to have a full set of them and cycle them when I finish them since you only lose a couple thousand iso to cycle them and keep getting 3 star covers from them.

granted most of the 2 stars don't give great covers, and most of them that do are the ones that got lazy versions of them, but still :p

Dalek

Possible permanent change to PVP awards. In Peggy's PVP award list-there's a 4* cover at both 800 and 1000 points. If this is permanent then it's a big deal.

zulux21

I don't have any HP to try drawing again, and I am not going to buy HP for a lotto so yeah... nothing for me.

sucks you don't even seem to be able to get more tokens from the pvp.

that being said, it's logically about the same cost to do a 20 pull and get the 4 star cover as it used to be to buy a single 4 star cover, so ideally these are a constant thing that stick around with the PVPs that let people buy covers one at a time

Is there a list of what characters compliment each other the best? Like patch/Loki etc. ideally it would be all 3 but pairs would be useful. I seem to use the same groups over and over and feel I could be missing a nice combo.

zulux21

Is there a list of what characters compliment each other the best? Like patch/Loki etc. ideally it would be all 3 but pairs would be useful. I seem to use the same groups over and over and feel I could be missing a nice combo.

somewhere but not sure where.

IF + luke cage + falcon
iron man 40 + KK +mags/3star steve rogers/even rags

really IF plus anyone, but he also gets along great with daken and blade and anyone else that makes strike tiles easily.

Top Bottom