• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

somewhere but not sure where.

IF + luke cage + falcon
iron man 40 + KK +mags/3star steve rogers/even rags

really IF plus anyone, but he also gets along great with daken and blade and anyone else that makes strike tiles easily.

KK?

Also I got a fuckin Green Goblin from my VIP Legendary today!!!!!!!

zulux21

KK?

Also I got a fuckin Green Goblin from my VIP Legendary today!!!!!!!
khemila khan.

her plus iron man 40 plus 3 star cap are amazing for waves.

iron man 6 yellow nets you enough AP to start chaining steve's blue/red while it also gives a good chunk of green for AOE, and some purple for KK to generate green ap.

steve's red and blue give you a burst of HP each time you use them thanks to KK and at 5 covers allow you to target any tile meaning you can board control goons while you build up more red/blue/yellow/purple/green. the end result being with each wave you can typically kill or stun the enemies before they can do anything to you.

both mags and rags are great alternatives to cap though as mag's blue and red are both solid with his blue doing lots of damage while his red clears the board of team up which gives you better targets for KK's purple and often gives you some nice matches.

Rags on the other hand can tank on red and blue and then use the red to make a bunch of blue and the blue to make a bunch of green charged titles that KK can easily match and get extra AP with her purple.

I don't use Rags much in this case though, typically cap on waves and mags on single matches with ironman and KK.

in other news it seems like some of the next three characters might be
Hulk (bruce banner) - likely a 5 star as it has a transforming mechanic.
Wasp - likely a 4 star with some ap steal and stun
black bolt - likely a 5 star with strong powers.

hulk or bolt will likely be the next character as they have been hinted at the longest (with hulk recently having data on how he plays shown) with the hint "Gamma gamma hey!" for it which could be hulk given his powers are from gamma radiation right?

it depends what your goal is.

I even though I have 2 four stars ready to be champed and a couple more getting close I likely won't touch them until I build up all of my 2 and 3 stars.

the 2 stars get you covers for some 3 stars and the 3 stars can get you 4 star covers so they chain up.

if you are far enough along though, champing 3 stars and just working on them is a fine way to go, but I much prefer not selling 2 star covers thus I plan to have a full set of them and cycle them when I finish them since you only lose a couple thousand iso to cycle them and keep getting 3 star covers from them.

granted most of the 2 stars don't give great covers, and most of them that do are the ones that got lazy versions of them, but still :p

When you say "cycle" in this context do you mean champion?

And it sounds like you get specific rewards from each championed hero?

Can someone please explain how pvp works? You have several arenas, different point values, and some are red and others yellow. If you win a few matches in a row, the point values decrease but not the difficulty. There is an option to skip but I'm not sure what that dos other than give you a different group to fight. Then of line you get attacked like crazy because you didn't buy protection.
Also, before each battle, it shows you can win different cards. Which in the months I've played it, I've never gotten a card drop from a pvp victory. Its always 70 iso.

Can someone please explain how pvp works? You have several arenas, different point values, and some are red and others yellow. If you win a few matches in a row, the point values decrease but not the difficulty. There is an option to skip but I'm not sure what that dos other than give you a different group to fight. Then of line you get attacked like crazy because you didn't buy protection.
Also, before each battle, it shows you can win different cards. Which in the months I've played it, I've never gotten a card drop from a pvp victory. Its always 70 iso.
You have 3 choices of opponents. Skip does what it says and gives you a different opponent. Skipping more than 3 times without fighting means it will cost you 10 iso to skip again. Do not fight any opponent worth less than 37 points unless they are very weak because then they can retaliate and you will lose points. Red node is someone who attacked you. You can fight them or skip them for free. Don't worry about shields. You aren't ready for that.

zulux21

Well, I got the Peggy cover at 800 and then shielded. I usually don't bother going above 400 in PVP.

i was going to try but it became pointless for me.

I got to 300 and called it as I got put in a bracket where first place even though I entered near when it opened is still only at 550 or so. the grind to 800 to much time wasted for a a cover.

plus peggy's yellow just makes this not fun to do.

Yeah, I could tell it was going to be a pain to reach 1000 so I didn't even try it. I think I was top 5 so the point values were dropping fast.

zulux21

seems hulk 5* will indeed be the next character.

their preview

QIJZeUc.png

lines up with the data mined data for the hulk. (well what you are seeing there is the banner half)

Championed Bullseye tonight, got my third and final green X-Force Wolverine cover. He's now cover maxed, and is at Lv 215. Might make a push to champion him.

I forgot about the event so missed out on the Peggy cover.

So realistically could a leveled 0/4/3 Kingpin actually take out Cage? His purple removes the threat of yellow so I'd imagine it's just a waiting game while playing keep-away with black....Trying to figure out if it's worth dumping 68k ISO into him to bring him up to 168.

I seem to be stucked. Early on, I would quickly toss out 2 star characters for 3 star and higher characters. Over half my roster is 4 star characters that have 1 card and it seems near impossible to get another just by playing.

So I was thinking, maybe I should chuck all my 4 star characters and replace them with 2 star characters who I can champion and get some cards for my 3 star heroes. Work my way up that way?

MiTYH

I seem to be stucked. Early on, I would quickly toss out 2 star characters for 3 star and higher characters. Over half my roster is 4 star characters that have 1 card and it seems near impossible to get another just by playing.

So I was thinking, maybe I should chuck all my 4 star characters and replace them with 2 star characters who I can champion and get some cards for my 3 star heroes. Work my way up that way?

You really only need a few strong 2* characters. OBW, Magneto, Thor, Storm carry a lot.

When I started, I never threw out a 4* character. And now, I'm glad I didnt. I'm still in 3* land, but play casually, and getting a 4* cover is slow going, but still RNG (like my 0/4/0 kingpin). I'd say stick with the 4 stars -- if anything, throw some 3's away, there are plenty of trash units I don't even have (ragnarok, sentry, etc). You'll get more 3*s as time goes on. Your immediate focus should be getting max level 2 stars, and slowly building up 3s.

Also remember you don't need 1-stars at all, except one for DDQ. Juggernaut is the generally-agreed upon one to keep

I wouldn't throw them out. Eventually you will get more covers.

I don't see how outside of spending a lot of money. I've been grinds 2 + hours a day for 4 months and the best I have is four 100-105 level 2 stars, one 89 level 3 star and a 27 3 and 4 star that I have exactly one or 2 covers for that are useless in anything.

I'm playing and winning most of the battles with my three main 2 stars (Thor, Storm and Wolverine) but it doesn't seem like I'm making any progress. I have piles of iso that I have no use for, I have a few 3 and 4 stars that are ready but I don't have room for them. About 30 one star covers in ready. Just because it's a pain to sell them when you don't want to hit the sell all button and it isn't like I have a use for the iso at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not whining and complaining. (at least I'm trying not too) I just don't know how to proceed. Just telling me they will show up doesn't help much.

I don't see how outside of spending a lot of money. I've been grinds 2 + hours a day for 4 months and the best I have is four 100-105 level 2 stars, one 89 level 3 star and a 27 3 and 4 star that I have exactly one or 2 covers for that are useless in anything.

I'm playing and winning most of the battles with my three main 2 stars (Thor, Storm and Wolverine) but it doesn't seem like I'm making any progress. I have piles of iso that I have no use for, I have a few 3 and 4 stars that are ready but I don't have room for them. About 30 one star covers in ready. Just because it's a pain to sell them when you don't want to hit the sell all button and it isn't like I have a use for the iso at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not whining and complaining. (at least I'm trying not too) I just don't know how to proceed. Just telling me they will show up doesn't help much.
Well, they will show up in daily drops (tokens and covers). Do you play DDQ every day? That is a taco token every day at minimum, more if you have the featured 3 star. What other events are you playing and do you join early or late? If you want progression rewards, you should join early and grind as much as you can. If you want placement, it is often better to join late after the bracket has filled a couple of times. PvE or PvP? I can give more tips if I know exactly what your playing habits are. Also, sell all those 1 star covers except the one character you use. I keep IM, others like Jug. Don't spend HP on anything except roster slots.

Triz

And I was able to beat Cage with a 147 Kingpin. Granted I have 12/13 covers on him but it wasn't hard with boosts.

zulux21

decided to try my luck at the peggy vault from the HP I got from tokens in the last week (7 pulls) didn't get peggy, at least got 2 of the 3 3 star caps though.

NineH

Heroic PvEs are usually a pain but I think a lot of people skip it since it's very limiting. Thanks to that, I got top 3 in the event and I haven't been able to accomplish that since about 2 years ago where I got 2nd place. The next event is 7 days so I'm sure I won't be as lucky in that one.

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
Have seen others talk about it from time to time, but really feel like I've hit a wall with this. Been playing for a few weeks, at that point where I'm championing 2*'s and building a decent roster. However, PVP is a total bust right now, my brackets are crazy difficult with the top guy boasting a complete roster. Best I can tell, every character, maxed. The folks around him very similar. I 'm trying to rock on with my lvl 100 champs, earn more covers but just getting crushed by guys rocking a team of lvl 550 5*'s. I shudder to think what these guys must be spending, even if only for the roster spots. PVE isn't much better either thanks to these heroic events, my limited roster makes completing them difficult so I'm lucky to finish top 1000.

When does it get better?

Spoit

Have seen others talk about it from time to time, but really feel like I've hit a wall with this. Been playing for a few weeks, at that point where I'm championing 2*'s and building a decent roster. However, PVP is a total bust right now, my brackets are crazy difficult with the top guy boasting a complete roster. Best I can tell, every character, maxed. The folks around him very similar. I 'm trying to rock on with my lvl 100 champs, earn more covers but just getting crushed by guys rocking a team of lvl 550 5*'s. I shudder to think what these guys must be spending, even if only for the roster spots. PVE isn't much better either thanks to these heroic events, my limited roster makes completing them difficult so I'm lucky to finish top 1000.

When does it get better?

Never.

Spoit

OK, it might get better when you're the one with the max championed 5*s. But judging from what the forums say, it really doesn't.

Run, run while you still can.

OK, it might get better when you're the one with the max championed 5*s. But judging from what the forums say, it really doesn't.

Run, run while you still can.

I think I may stick it out for another...<checking> 26 days until I hit day 1,000
that is a terrifying number
. I've probably spent about $100 on the game in that time and I'm comfortable with that. I can't keep up with the grind any more.

Triz

Im 10 days out from 1k days played (well since the implemented a daily reward, I've been playing since launch)...And I'm still playing. But the luster is gone and ill be damned if it doesn't feel more grindy than it ever has. I used to place top 100 every PVE, now Im lucky to hit top 300, thus my progression rate has suffered.

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
When you say place poorly in several events, is each event unique? As in, am I going to have to place poorly in several seasons before I'm not seeing a wall of lvl 270 - lvl 550 opponents in PVP? With each season lasting a month, not sure I can stomach sixty days plus of silver surfer and old man logan kicking my ass. Or is it the smaller scale events that take place throughout each season for just a few days?

Dalek

Got a black Kingpin cover from today's Crash. At least it wasn't a duplicate but man-I haven't gotten a 5 star cover in forever.

When you say place poorly in several events, is each event unique? As in, am I going to have to place poorly in several seasons before I'm not seeing a wall of lvl 270 - lvl 550 opponents in PVP? With each season lasting a month, not sure I can stomach sixty days plus of silver surfer and old man logan kicking my ass. Or is it the smaller scale events that take place throughout each season for just a few days?
Each event which lasts 3-7 days, not the season.

zulux21

heh my level 131 carnage can get it done. just need a decent board.

anyways didn't see this posted
Starting with the next round of Deadpool's Daily Quest (July 12, 2016) updates will be made to the contents of the DDQ Vault in order to increase the Iso-8 on offer. Here are details and a chart from Demiurge:

"We updated the contents in the vault to provide players with more opportunities to get Iso-8 rewards. We have added an additional 27,500 Iso-8 to the vault (a total of 92,500 Iso-8). We also increased the percentage to get an Iso-8 reward to 32% (from 11%).

To account for these changes, we removed 21 5-Health packs (but added 3 10-Health Packs) and 46 random 2-Star character rewards. Please see the below table for the contents of the new Deadpool Daily Vault."

Top Bottom