• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

MiTYH

What's the consensus on recruiting Vision or Iron Man-40? I happened to pull 250 HP from the token vault, have both as random covers and am looking to extend my 3* collection. Haven't really ever used either of them

Dalek

What's the consensus on recruiting Vision or Iron Man-40? I happened to pull 250 HP from the token vault, have both as random covers and am looking to extend my 3* collection. Haven't really ever used either of them

Iron Man for sure. He fits on every team.

After his buff a few months ago, Iron Man Model 40 is awesome. His red and blue powers no longer take away AP from red, blue, or green, so you can fire one without worrying about losing AP for the second move. His yellow is awesome at 5 covers, since it still only requires 6 yellow AP and adds AP to every color but black and yellow.

3* Thor/IM40/Blade has become a beast of a team for me.

Dalek

On a whim I decided to buy a token:

1lqdq8w.jpg

Now I have a fully covered Iceman.

Got my 10 pack from this season, netting me a Red Hulk (5/3/2) along with an IM40 and KK cover. The Kamala cover gets her to Lv 183, which also got me a 4-star Thor cover (4/1/4).

I also got a bunch of 2-star covers for OBW, Storm and Wolverine. I recently sold some maxed champion 2-star characters and am building some back up, so those help.

zulux21

it's time. they are pushing the story changes in general now.
"Starting with the Meet Rocket & Groot Story Event on July 17th, every non-boss Story event will now use the new mission difficulty. Each previous run of the new mission difficulty has allowed us to work towards our underlying goal of making Story events fun and challenging no matter if you just started the game or are a seasoned veteran.

To achieve this goal we set out to accomplish 4 things: reduce the negative impact of having 5-Stars characters with a few covers, reduce playing the game around a schedule, reduce how long battles take, and improve high level players' ability to perform well in events. Out of the previous tests we have run, the last iteration of Meet Rocket & Groot had the most positive results in these four categories.

However, in that test, a minority of players were repeatedly clearing low level missions for points to obtain an advantage over players who tried out more challenging missions. We do not want encourage this, as it is in opposition to our stated goals. To solve this issue, the minimum amount of points a mission is worth will be reduced to 1 point (down from 20).

We’ll also be testing out a new way to give out mission rewards. Each type of mission (Easy, Hard and Hardest) has its own list of rewards. Instead of earning the rewards in random order, the rewards will be awarded in a specific order (see the below loot tables). We hope that this system will alleviate frustration some players have who want specific rewards from missions.

Thank you again to everyone who participated in previous runs of the new difficulty system. We are confident that this new system will improve Story events for most players. While we are going to roll out this system for all Story events, we will regularly examine the effects of this change and tweak the mission difficulty as needed. We encourage you to continue giving us your feedback as it has been instrumental in finding a system that works for players.

Mission Difficulty Details:

• Missions
o Non-Wave missions get more difficult the first four times you beat the mission.
o Wave missions get more difficult the first two times you beat the mission.
o Once a mission has reached its highest difficulty, it is worth 25% less points each time it is beaten until it reaches its minimum of 1 point.
o Every time a mission is beaten past its maximum difficulty, it takes 24 hours for a mission to be worth the maximum amount of points again.

• Overall Difficulty (in relation to the last run of the new mission difficulty)
o Missions, in general, have a lower minimum difficulty.
o Harder missions have a lower maximum difficulty.
o Required missions have a slightly higher maximum difficulty.

• Mission Rewards
o Each mission has 7 rewards. (Note: we are still reviewing Wave Missions and their loot tables)
o The order in which you receive rewards is fixed.
o There are 4 different loot tables (see below)
 Three Trivial Missions and the 2-Star Required Mission use the Easy loop table.
 First 2 Hard Missions and the 3-Star Required Mission use the Hard loot table.
 The last Hard mission and the 4-Star Required Mission use Hardest loot table (there are different loot tables depending on if the Subchapter lasts one or two-days.)"

MPQ_Story_Mission_Rewards_July_2016.JPG

they also reduced difficulty after level 287
MPQ_Story_Missions_Minions_July_2016.jpg

With about 24 hours left, I should be able to get the 25 CP progression reward for this Heroic event. I only need about 2500 more points and that should be doable when nodes get closer to full points tomorrow.

Triz

I mentioned it in the game chat, but the game has been crashing a lot on me. Mid match, when trying to boot up. Not sure, but I think the last patch is broke. Im on an iPhone 6 so Im sure it not my device.

zulux21

so if someone is interested I think it's about time to replace zoo

they have only logged in like twice in the last 30 days.
which is over 2k iso that the alliance doesn't have :p

the iso thirst is real... so yeah...

zulux21

I'd be interested, are there requirements beyond playing every day?

nah the only thing I really care about is if you log in every day, even then I am pretty lax about that, it's just huge chunks without warning that tend to get me to eventually release someone lol.

alliance event participation is a plus, but not a must.

zulux21

Yep, that's me, all day every day :(

I kicked zoo so if you want to join to apply and I will add you later.

as already stated, we are quite lax. Just log in each day long enough so we can get the delicious 100 iso you are worth each day :3

as long as you don't reach more than a week straight of not logging in it's very unlikely you will ever be kicked as like I said that is pretty much the only thing we remotely care about, getting the log in iso :p (well to be honest it's not even so much that, to me if you aren't constantly logging in, you likely have lost interest in the game, and the alliance rewards should go to a member who is more active and will use and appreciate them)

Dang it. I was looking for a new alliance (only about 10 people are logging in daily in my current one).

guess we will be getting a few more female characters as they posted this survey on twitter :p

Voting for Medusa, as I'd like to see another Inhuman on the roster.

My bi weekly who to champion question. Gamora or She Hulk. I'm leaning toward Gamora.

I've got 11/40 "unchamped" 3* characters and Gamora is one of them. I can't ever see when I'll use her, but quite frankly I rarely use 50% of the 3* characters I have.

If you champ either it'll likely just be to earn the extra cover ISO and use the legendary token.

I'm sitting on some 3* covers right now humming and hawing about the same thing. Gamora, Daredevil, Ock, Spidey, R&G and two Vision covers. I hate the thought of throwing ISO at them when I won't ever use them.

Dalek

Gamora is a good, cheap fighter. Her moves do a lot of damage and she can fit in on a lot of teams easily. Pair her with Kamala for lots of healing too.

Gamora is a good, cheap fighter. Her moves do a lot of damage and she can fit in on a lot of teams easily. Pair her with Kamala for lots of healing too.

Yeah, right now my hero lightning round roster is IM40, Gamora and OML. He's out in front of yellow and red so he can heal, Gamora's red does good cheap damage and if the board is red starved I can just use IM40's Recharge.

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
Gamora can also be a handy damage sponge for PVP. Due to her black ability players will want to eliminate her first, freeing up the likes of IM40 to build up that red.

zulux21

Ultron is back on july 21st. hopefully people can play but if not, not a big deal.

Event Details
• There is only 1 chapter for the event, Avengers vs Ultron
• Ultron now makes matches.
• Ultron missions have eight mission rewards: three 1 Command Points, two 500 Iso-8s, two 250 Iso-8s and one Critical Boost.
• Ultron Sentry missions have four missions rewards: one Standard Token, one 500 Iso-8, one 250 Iso-8 and one Critical Boost.

• Below are the Alliance round point targets and their reward:
o Round 1 - 70,000 - Avengers Vs. Ultron Token
o Round 2 - 120,000 - Avengers Vs. Ultron Token
o Round 3 - 350,000 - Avengers Vs. Ultron Token
o Round 4 - 880,000 - Thor (Modern) Green Cover
o Round 5 - 1,800,000 - Avengers Vs. Ultron Token
o Round 6 - 3,000,000 - Professor X (Charles Xavier) Blue Cover
o Round 7 - 4,800,000 - Professor X (Charles Xavier) Yellow Cover
o Round 8 - 9,700,000 - Professor X (Charles Xavier) Purple Cover

• Below are the Player round point targets and their reward:
o 5,000 - Standard Recruit Token
o 10,000 - 100 Iso-8
o 20,000 - Power Boost
o 31,500 - 1x Health Pack
o 52,700 - Stockpile
o 80,000 - 140 Iso-8
o 112,400 - Hawkeye (Modern) Blue Cover
o 149,000 - 140 Iso-8
o 189,500 - Avengers Vs. Ultron Token
o 234,000 - 140 Iso-8
o 281,500 - Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) Green Cover
o 332,000 - 250 Iso-8
o 385,000 - 25 Hero Points
o 441,500 - 250 Iso-8
o 500,000 - Vision (Android Avenger) Blue Cover
o 553,500 - 500 Iso-8
o 627,000 - 25 Hero Points
o 711,000 - Avengers Vs. Ultron Recruit Token
o 802,500 - 1,000 Iso-8
o 900,000 - 25 Command Points

• The event will run in place of a normal Story Event"

zulux21

But my PX is fully covered and not Championed. 🙁

yup, sucks for the people running wininfinite, but at the same time, you are running wininfinite so you great rewards elsewhere so meh, doesn't matter to me much if it sucks for you.

that being said they should have been nice and put his purple cover first.

zulux21

Same, I'm not going to kill myself for 1k iso, so if you want me to swap out for that, just let me know

I don't really care enough.

I expect whether we try seriously or not it will only make the difference between getting the 7th reward or the 6th reward.

either way anyone that needs a purple cover is screwed, and the rest of us can play whatever.

I will do what I can but I will mostly be after personal progression stuff.

i have a feeling that they will have the balance screwed up anyways.

if someone else cares more they can work on finding some mercs :p

I will likely play it semi seriously as I enjoy the boss stuff for the most part and I need some iso as I might work on champing x23 as I will get the last cover I need to champ her from daken, though, in the iso I use to champ her I could champ all the two stars I have left to champ so who knows.

Yeah I could use some PX as well. Cashed in 20 CP today and pulled...a yellow Nova. Damn my eyes

I'll welcome the PX covers. At 4/1/0 he's only useful during the Deadpool Daily where he's featured.

Your Nova comment reminded me-I think my daily reward tomorrow is a yellow Nova and I'm 600HP short of a roster spot (don't have him yet)...

zulux21

I'll welcome the PX covers. At 4/1/0 he's only useful during the Deadpool Daily where he's featured.

Your Nova comment reminded me-I think my daily reward tomorrow is a yellow Nova and I'm 600HP short of a roster spot (don't have him yet)...

sounds like someone needs to become a V.I.P. :3

Top Bottom