• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Huh, has anyone else had problems getting the game to load?

It just crashed twice before it actually loaded

I haven't had any issue, but I am also playing on PC and despite it being a minor priority to the mobile versions they very really break it completely.

MiTYH

I've had crashes when it loads, crashes when I go to start a fight. Thankfully nothing during a fight, but I've seen an increase for sure

Triz

I mentioned it a couple days ago. but yes... crashed mid fight twice yesterday.. Guess they felt I wasn't using my health packs enough. (iOS version)

I uh. Yeah.

I totally didn't buy that pack on day one. And uh, I totally didn't just re-up on that this morning. Why am I such a monster.
I totally did, too, on day one and reupped the other day.

And now my girlfriend plays, she's about 20 days in and is addicted. Today I hit day 900, I think.

Triz

I may not care much for the scaled nodes, but I seem to get the last progression token more often when they are up. Just don't ever place well in the events.

*and then pull an Invisible Woman with the 25cp...At least championed its 2500 ISO and not 1k lol?

Malmorian

I may not care much for the scaled nodes, but I seem to get the last progression token more often when they are up. Just don't ever place well in the events.

*and then pull an Invisible Woman with the 25cp...At least championed its 2500 ISO and not 1k lol?

Damn dude, that is really harsh

NineH

My game tends to crash around 3 times before it actually loads the game. It's incredibly annoying but the bright side is I haven't had the game crash on me mid match, at least not yet. The worst though is when I had to load the game 7 times before it finally stopped crashing.

shugdaddy

Neo Member
Got a 5* iron man and back in black Spiderman waiting for me.

Thinking of selling sentry, captain marvel or quicksilver to make room. Or vision?

Want to keep beast as I like the character 😆

zulux21

man the board layout hated me today.

try to stop black and red and any match I make drops a 4 match of red or black for the enemy from the top of the board @_@

and what do I get for all of my trouble including using some of my retired boosts.

a yellow nova cover lol.

brickface

Coming up on my one year anniversary, going by the daily drops. I was looking forward to seeing what I'd get for such an auspicious occasion... and it's Devil Dinosaur. Demiurge are master trolls

NineH

After 980+ days of playing this game, I finally won a PvE. I don't know if I should be happy or sad because I grinded all the nodes to 1 since I had a feeling I had a shot at winning one of these things. Champion levels for Ghost Rider is good enough I suppose.

zulux21

The Titans match claims it's "Normal" difficulty. But I get one shotted by both of her abilities.

o_O
her red move only does 1700 damage that shouldn't be enough to kill even a level 70 falcon.

her black move is a pain though.

ended up taking my falcon up to level 150 and championing a 2 star instead of the 3 star I had been working towards.

Dalek

Got my 5th Black Ghost rider cover from the 4* DDQ today. O_O Does 200% damage back to the opponent. Makes him 0/4/5 for me though.

o_O
her red move only does 1700 damage that shouldn't be enough to kill even a level 70 falcon.

her black move is a pain though.

ended up taking my falcon up to level 150 and championing a 2 star instead of the 3 star I had been working towards.

I was exaggerating a little. Red leaves him with, maybe, 500 health and black freezes him so he's guaranteed to die. My falcon isn't too strong, maybe 85-90. But the difficulty indicator is sorta weird.

Spoit

Oh right, the 30% is a gold card from a normal heroic. Still, I'm definitely not getting a 5* every 10 pulls or so, more like every 20 or so.

NineH

For me, 5* covers are just trophies because as soon as you level them, you'll face nothing but OML + other 5* teams in PvP and that doesn't seem like fun at all.

MiTYH

Jeez, up to 7700 per bomb tile, not enjoying this....

In other news, looking for advice. Roster is here: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/MiTYH_587/spreadsheet/

I've got War Machine (blue) and Drax (red) in the wings. I hate throwing away 4-stars, even if I'm not really in 4-star land yet (And I'm out of ISO for championing Grey Suit recently). I was thinking about ditching Quicksilver, not sure if the 4-stars are worth it (haven't looked into them). I'm HOPING to scrape my missing 175 HP to open a new slot, so I'd only have to ditch one cover. Just looking for thoughts

Jeez, up to 7700 per bomb tile, not enjoying this....

In other news, looking for advice. Roster is here: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/MiTYH_587/spreadsheet/

I've got War Machine (blue) and Drax (red) in the wings. I hate throwing away 4-stars, even if I'm not really in 4-star land yet (And I'm out of ISO for championing Grey Suit recently). I was thinking about ditching Quicksilver, not sure if the 4-stars are worth it (haven't looked into them). I'm HOPING to scrape my missing 175 HP to open a new slot, so I'd only have to ditch one cover. Just looking for thoughts

Ditch 2* Mags & Daken & if you can, replace IM35 with Jugs for the Deadpool Daily.

zulux21

heh.... I slept through a wave in the boss battle. oh well.

I wasn't planning on hitting this hard anyways as I have other things that are more important than MPQ. but I will sitll do what I can.

though... *looks at the ultron unlock nodes now* I see like usual the unlock nodes went from little distractions to bend you over and have their way with you like usual :/

I'm having fun with Ultron, except for the fact that my alliance only has 10 active people and it looks like we're not even going to make it out of level 5. Man, I really wanted those Professor X covers, too.

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
For me, 5* covers are just trophies because as soon as you level them, you'll face nothing but OML + other 5* teams in PvP and that doesn't seem like fun at all.

Heh, that's where I am now and I'm still in 2* champ land. Woke this morning to another -252 overnight with every red node having at least 2 lvl 270's taunting me with a "come at me bro" while my lvl 104 Hawkeye begs me to walk away and just accept we're never hitting 4000 in a season without dropping cash.

My main problem right now is I cannot play. This Ultron event is largely beyond me now, my 2* roster does well to last more than a few turns against a lvl 350 Ultron, while PVP is the aforementioned headache so I'm sat here twiddling my thumbs. Annoying.

Malmorian

Unreal. App keeps crashing during almost every 2nd Ultron fight. Sorry guys, this is so frustrating I don't know how I can contribute under these conditions :/

I'm having fun with Ultron, except for the fact that my alliance only has 10 active people and it looks like we're not even going to make it out of level 5. Man, I really wanted those Professor X covers, too.

We'll get the blue one, for sure. I just cleared my fights, and we're pretty close to it.

NineH

I'm guessing we won't make the yellow Professor X cover since 4 million seems huge right? I'll just go for the 25 cp and call it a day on this Ultron event. However if we get close, I'll do more I suppose.

Triz

I'm guessing we won't make the yellow Professor X cover since 4 million seems huge right? I'll just go for the 25 cp and call it a day on this Ultron event. However if we get close, I'll do more I suppose.
I'm still grinding since I'm like 2 wins from the cp. been using deadpool and whales against ultron.

zulux21

that was my plan.

the game trolled me hard though.

I was 12k away from the 25cp.
did a match to get enough hulkbuster red to get the CP and then ultron with his stupid matching cascaded a bomb from the top to the bottom leaving me 2k shy.

did a wave very slowly.
got the 25CP.

got an ant man cover. one of only two 4 star characters I have fully covered and have no plans to champ any time soon :(

at least from the comic con vault though I got drax.

Scored 25 CP from the 900k progression reward, I still haven't lost to Ultron yet.

As I had over 40 CP stored up then, I got two Legendary pulls of 20 CP each. Netted me a couple of 5-stars: a yellow Goblin (1/2/1) and a purple Jean (3/1/0).

In 2 days I get 25 CP from the daily reward, so I'll do the 25 CP pull then.

Triz

Damn Dr., i havent pulled a 5 star from CP in about 20 pulls, and you got 2 back to back? You inspired me and with the 40 cp i had from getting the progression I pulled a Punisher and Spider Gwen...

Damn Dr., i havent pulled a 5 star from CP in about 20 pulls, and you got 2 back to back? You inspired me and with the 40 cp i had from getting the progression I pulled a Punisher and Spider Gwen...

Well hey, they could've been Invisible Woman and Hulk Cho.

Is it good luck or bad luck when my last 4 Legendary Tokens have given me 5*s, considering I don't have any roster space, nor the Hero Points to open a new slot. At this point, I've got 5 days to get 800HP if I want to keep the two I've got waiting.

Top Bottom