• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

My VIP renewal will be tonight, going for month #3 already.

thanks for the CP in advance.

it will likely be a while before I ever become a VIP.

I got decently lucky with my taco tokens and got like 1500HP from the 40 tokens i used so I think I have all the roster spots I need unless I get some new characters.

I think i just need to roster moon stone and I will have a full roster of two stars not named bagman.

Between beating Hulk renewing VIP, I was rewarded with a Drax cover and another Hulkbuster champion level. Not bad.

Edit: But wait, there's more! Got the end progression in the PvE, giving me 40 CP. Pulled twice, got a blue Mr Fantastic and purple Ant-Man. Rolling in 4-stars.

zulux21

since I just got money from steam cards. (and have more ot sell and get)
and I was curious if steam guard would stop me from doing it I decide to for the heck of it try to buy a VIP.

end result. yes, yes you can buy in game stuff without steam asking to confirm identity with steam guard on. good to know lol.

now you guys have 28 days to convince me that the alliance deserves an extra CP from me renewing VIP :p

got a black carnage for joining.

yay I guess... wish I could get his other moves as there is no way I can beat doc oc without them.

I should be getting another legengary token soon though as we are changing vaults and my 30 stocked tacos should net me enough to champ ms marvel.

edit: didn't quite get enough iso because i got 1500 hp instead.
yay two more roster spots. one for moon stone... and one for... idk.

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
Broke 4000 in a PVP season for the first time ever! 10 pack even had the decency to return me six usable covers, so a very healthy return. Steady progress.

Feeling so proud of myself,. but notice I've not even cracked top 1k for season placement, so decide to have a gander. Top guy got 30k+ :D Long ways to go.

MiTYH

I really love when powers work together. Iron Fist/Cage work SO well together it's amazing. Playing Deadpool PvP, working on the COM deadpool until powers are ready, then IF Green, LC Yellow, IF Pink, LC Black. Took out the other two (5 star of course) without letting them hit me. Feels good

I really love when powers work together. Iron Fist/Cage work SO well together it's amazing. Playing Deadpool PvP, working on the COM deadpool until powers are ready, then IF Green, LC Yellow, IF Pink, LC Black. Took out the other two (5 star of course) without letting them hit me. Feels good

Fist/Falcon/Cage was my DD go-to for so many months. Awesome combo.

Triz

And then I pull a red hulk with the token but it's not the one color I need. Purple and green are maxed. I need red covers :(

Spoit

Ugh, yeah fuck PvE. I probably could get top 5 to champion rulk....but I really don't want to grind for 2 more hours straight for the chance at it. Against lvl 300+ carnage+2 muscle nodes. Maybe if IM40 was included with this buffed iceman, but even then, probably not.

NineH

The awesome boosted list this week seems to be a double edged sword. PvP is so much tougher when everyone has a boosted Icebuster team, in addition to those who have maxed OML and PHX teams. I can't seem to reach 1000 points this time as I get hit for 200 when I get close to 900 points. I don't want to waste any more health packs and boosts so I'll just sit this out since I know when I'm beat.

Hit 2K in Shield SIM for the first time today. Did it with a mixed 2/3 star team, too (Classic Storm, Lazy Torch, IM40). Though my climb team was OML (1/1/0), Switch, and Fist.

Dalek

I can't get to 2000 in the simulator. As soon as I hit 800 it's all fully maxed 4 stars and 5 stars. I send my 4 stars in but it's all lucky boards for the AI and they kill me.

I realize I'm being punished for maxing my 4 stars.

I can't get to 2000 in the simulator. As soon as I hit 800 it's all fully maxed 4 stars and 5 stars. I send my 4 stars in but it's all lucky boards for the AI and they kill me.

I realize I'm being punished for maxing my 4 stars.

The more I play this game, the more I realize that you're much better off having a wide roster than a tall one (with the only real drawback of it being the inability to hit 1K/1300 in PvP). If you max a character or 2 because everyone says the meta dictates it, that's going to be the only characters you get to play with to be competitive.

Dalek

The more I play this game, the more I realize that you're much better off having a wide roster than a tall one (with the only real drawback of it being the inability to hit 1K/1300 in PvP). If you max a character or 2 because everyone says the meta dictates it, that's going to be the only characters you get to play with to be competitive.

100% true.

I mean, a good 75% of the roster is really......not that usable? if not downright worthless (looking at you amadeus)

Depends on what you mean by usable. Since I'm not really shooting for top 10 finishes, speed is almost never a factor for me. And if you take speed out of the equation, only the worst of the worst characters are just flat out bad (and yes, Cho is on that list). Most of the time, the real issue is that the best characters are faster than the rest and generally speaking I'll still use the slow characters in many nodes if only to make sure the fast ones are at full health if I really need them.

zulux21

yay starlord from the DDQ token.

it's a fine reward for what is a really easy one for me since my x23 is one of my most covered 4stars.

might work on leveling her up at some point since I imagine her healing abilities makes her good at PVE

Triz

Seems they adjusted the points for PVE. Actually had to go through all three rounds to get the CP. 25 reward put me over 40 and picked two 20CP legendary tokens. Pulled a purple Deadpool (awesome!) and a purple Kate Bishop who I had yet to acquire. Im pretty sure I can maintain a top 100 to get another Howard cover. Im in the 30's overall after all my clears.

Not even going to attempt Elektra with my 70 X-23.

Dalek

I beat Elektra and got a 5 star Hulk-my second one, both blue. I guess it was worth leveling X-23 in advance for this day.

zulux21

I wish my X-23 was good. I've got 4 purple for her and one green, and that's it. Not enough to put up a good fight with Elektra.

mine is a 3/4/5

at level 144 the and 5 covers the purple move does 8800 damage if matched.
I placed one and let her match it and match was over >.>

when my daken gets 3 more levels I will get another green cover for her making her 4/4/5 and ready to be champed.

I only have 2 more 2 stars and like 3 3 stars I really want to champ so I might start working on champing her as my first 4 star champ, because as i said her healing seems very strong for PVE.

maybe I will team her with SW as she will mostly be hidden behind her and produce purple and hmmm...

and if I get a red cover for OML maybe him... otherwise maybe if I want a fem fetal team I could go captain marvel as that would rainbow the team, and being able to use her energy absorbtion to trigger x23's green change faster isn't horrible.

not great and there are better choices but sometimes I like themes :p

Triz

Managed a top 50 for the Green Howard cover. Is this the first time there is a delay in the PVE? I can't remember a time when there wasn't an event active...

zulux21

should help

the dev team have made a few tweaks to the upcoming Venom Bomb event that we hope you'll find enjoyable. Here are details from Demiurge_Anthony:

"In the upcoming run of Venom Bomb on August 25th, we have adjusted the power of Carnage and Venom.

• Carnage
o In many instances, Carnage will have reduced power levels in his powers. Most notably, Carnage will not have the Symbiote Scythes power in any mission.
o The Carnage Rules Power is limited to 1 power level.

• Venom
o In missions where Venom is part of a team that has Symbiotes in it, the Symbiotic Fury power will be limited to 1 power level."

Thank you and have fun out there!

in other news, it seems like a new widow a new luke cage and
zk63DMA.jpg
are in the works.

in other thoughts it's really crappy ghost rider is tomorrow. it won't be doable for me tomorrow but... if it was the one after I would be able to do it as I will finally get a black cover for him via daily rewards.

oh well it will only be what... 200 days or so until he is the 4 star clash match again :p?

Triz

Just a heads up if you aren't touching the PVE...the last node has a Howard the Duck Blue cover. Was a nice gift I now have one of all his colors.

shugdaddy

Neo Member
Did the deadpool with a 1 3 1 rider.

As long as you control the galactus countdowns its not too bad. As you can spread lots of attack tiles.

zulux21

Did the deadpool with a 1 3 1 rider.

As long as you control the galactus countdowns its not too bad. As you can spread lots of attack tiles.

I managed to do it with a 2/3/0
boosted damage, red and green and got lucky and got a red tile on early on and just went from there by focusing on matching his tiles.

next time will be even easier.

got 25 cp as my daily so now I get 3 four stars today... lets see...
from token
meh not the purple cover :/ and I have to slot a new person... w/e

from first CP pull
from second pull

given I really don't give a crap at all about 5 stars I feel like the game trolled me especially with the cho @_@

oh well at least green goblin is okay a few more covers and he might be usable and at least there weren't and dupes.

zulux21

You've gotten so many GG covers and I've yet to see one.

Sucks about Cho though.

those are actually my first 5 stars in a while. it was nice.
only 5 star I currently care about is OML.
but yeah I suppose GG is tied for the most covers I have for a 5 star now
really wish I could get OML red though, I would likely use him more if I had it.

the rest I don't really care about.

most sad about the hulk not being purple because that looks at least a little amusing :p

for now though i would much rather just get 4 stars I don't have so when i am doing champing every single 3 star I will have plenty to work with in 4 star land. I am almost to halfway done with the 3 star land... 16/40 done. my 2 star land I think i only have 2.5 more to do (.5 being bagman and since he has mostly been removed from the game I don't see the point of champing him even if his last level gives a legendary token)

as for cho it sucks, but really it's just my third cover for him and one of them I got from his introduction.
it's also not impossible that one day they will give him a boost, so it doesn't hurt to have his covers.

zulux21

some shield rank details
We have an upcoming set of features called S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank and S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level. The first part called S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank, will be released in our next R108 update (scheduled for Monday, August 29).

This first version will give players Iso-8 rewards and access to different features. Players will gain XP from everyday actions like buying packs, and improving their roster by recruiting, leveling and championing characters. All existing players will be grandfathered in starting at the very least at level 5 which grants access to all the in-game features (Versus mode, Alliances, etc). Maximum players will be grandfathered into level 65 and gain all the rewards they would have gained the day they log into R108!

We will have more info on S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels in the following update that will allow players to choose the rewards they want to compete for…wait I said too much! In all seriousness, we’ll definitely have more info to share once we get closer to that release at R109, so stay tuned!
it's great that people will be grandfathered in. (I would expect myself to be like level 35-40 given I have a lot of champed people and what not but we will see)
and I am quite looking forward to seeing how choosing what rewards you want to compete for works.

edit more info
Hi,

A quick note on some of the thinking behind S.H.I.E.L.D. Ranks and S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels.

These systems have been worked on behind-the-scenes for some time now and the teams at Demiurge and D3 Go! are pretty excited to finally be bringing them to you very soon. The hope here - and the reason these new features are coming in - is to give players what they have been asking for; improved rewards, improved matchmaking, more choice, recognition of veteran status, and more ways to reward everyone for simply playing the game. These are lofty goals, but hopefully we can hit all or most of them.

I know some of the more cynical folks out there will not want to believe this, but the new S.H.I.E.L.D. Ranks & Clearance levels were not created to gouge players for cash. We consider them quality-of-life changes and improvements to the game. Hopefully, once parts 1 & 2 arrive on Monday and part 3 arrives with R109 in a few weeks, players will consider the updates to be awesome additions. Please play with the new features for a bit once they are in place and let us know what you feel is, and isn't, working for you.

Thanks for reading.

zulux21

In that case I will be the king of GAFvengers.

actually
Existing players will be granted a level based on their current roster's characters, including levels and covers. You will receive a popup after logging in for the first time after updating that indicates your new level and rewards received for it.

Would be awesome to see people's rewards! Take a picture and post it!
you still likely will be king but it seems stuff like buying packs and what not won't be retroactive.

MiTYH

Players will gain XP from everyday actions like buying packs, and improving their roster by recruiting, leveling and championing characters.

Yup, that's a daily activity alright.

Still, interested to see what comes of this.

zulux21

Yup, that's a daily activity alright.

Still, interested to see what comes of this.

to be fair for some people it is.

also every day actions does not equal daily.

I mean most would consider crossing a street to be an every day action.
or watching a video on youtube
or reading a book.

doesn't mean you do them daily though :p

and the simple truth is, even if 90% of exp comes from buying packs... it's still a new system that offers new rewards that you can earn without paying money. even if you don't get optimal rewards without paying as long as they don't take away awards from other places it's still an improvement.

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
Any significant advantage, other than start times, to playing other slices? Other than ensuring I'm awake at the start of pvp events for those easy 200 points, I've never seen much point in not just playing the earliest slice.

Any significant advantage, other than start times, to playing other slices? Other than ensuring I'm awake at the start of pvp events for those easy 200 points, I've never seen much point in not just playing the earliest slice.

Some slices are easier than others for placement. I've heard slice 4 is really hard since it's end/start point is probably best for people living on the Eastern Time Zone in the US.

Top Bottom