• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

Any significant advantage, other than start times, to playing other slices? Other than ensuring I'm awake at the start of pvp events for those easy 200 points, I've never seen much point in not just playing the earliest slice.

Some high ranking Alliances always play Slice 2 and 3-meaning that they place very high and take up the ranking. Slice 5 is less competitive from my findings.

Triz

Is no-one playing Venom Bomb? Dragging the team along on my own here.

ummm Im in first ;)

I held off joining right at launch waited about 5 hours for first bracket to fill. Joined and only had 43 in the event...

edit* My Ghost Rider with 1 red , 5 black crushed Galactus. Pulled a black Elektra. 5 black hit him for 11k when I launched it.

Spoit

Some high ranking Alliances always play Slice 2 and 3-meaning that they place very high and take up the ranking. Slice 5 is less competitive from my findings.

Oh did they switch from S4? Eh, if you're only going for 1300 there's usually plenty of points to snipe anyway, since these people go for 2k anyway

Dalek

I narrowly came in the top 100 for the Howard PVE-which earned me a cover. Along with the one from the node I also earned the one in the vault with a lucky pull-giving me 3 Howard covers from this event.

Then with the 25 CP I pulled a red Thing cover-fully covering him for me.

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
ummm Im in first ;)

I held off joining right at launch waited about 5 hours for first bracket to fill. Joined and only had 43 in the event...

edit* My Ghost Rider with 1 red , 5 black crushed Galactus. Pulled a black Elektra. 5 black hit him for 11k when I launched it.

Sorry, I missed this, couldn't spot the post from my lofty position atop Gafvengers!

Dalek

This game loves to give me Elektra covers. So I said-fuck it. I championed Elektra. My reward for Championing her was a legendary token that gave me another Elektra cover. Then I got 20 CP today and I pulled another Elektra cover. Fucking crazy.

zulux21

This game loves to give me Elektra covers. So I said-fuck it. I championed Elektra. My reward for Championing her was a legendary token that gave me another Elektra cover. Then I got 20 CP today and I pulled another Elektra cover. Fucking crazy.

Quake is the one that most often stalks me.

I mean she hasn't even had her DDQ yet and she is like 2 covers away from being able to be champed and would only be like my 4th 4 star ready (the others are xforce, ant man and soon x23 who also likes to stalk me)

Dalek

I mean she hasn't even had her DDQ yet and she is like 2 covers away from being able to be champed and would only be like my 4th 4 star ready (the others are xforce, ant man and soon x23 who also likes to stalk me)

For me it's Elektra and War Machine.

Triz

I kept getting Invisible Woman so I just said fuck it and champed her about 3 months ago. The game really likes to give me Kingpin...

If there's one 4 star I'd like to stalk me at the moment, it's Quake (insert Chloe Bennett joke here). But seriously, dampening AOE attacks is something I'd love to have for PvE.

I'm up to 9 IW covers after the daily reward today (10 if you include the one I had to sell), so I guess you could say she's stalking me.

zulux21

If there's one 4 star I'd like to stalk me at the moment, it's Quake (insert Chloe Bennett joke here). But seriously, dampening AOE attacks is something I'd love to have for PvE.

I'm up to 9 IW covers after the daily reward today (10 if you include the one I had to sell), so I guess you could say she's stalking me.

it can be useful, perhaps I will level her up sometime, not that it helps much against carnage

WAtUaeF.png

it can be useful, perhaps I will level her up sometime, not that it helps much against carnage

With Carnage being neutered in Venom Bomb, I think the only time you have to worry about him now is the Venom Heroic and sometimes Gauntlet/Simulators? But it'll still be helpful for some of the goons (Machine Gun, Spy Strikes, Rocket Launcers, and especially Caltrops).

Triz

IW is a great PVE damage negator. But not much else. Boosted to 370+ her green can be damn powerful.

Daily reward today was a legendary Token. And I did the impossible with it, pulled an Iron Man 5 star and it was the one color I didn't have, yellow. So he is my second 5 star with all powers available.

zulux21

That's what Doc Ock and Squirrel Girl are for!
doc ock is down on my list to level up so is SQ
The update is live for iOS.

My SHIELD rank is 64
and I got 837,000 ISO.

holy shit.

yay $679 in iso for me
The maximum S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank, at launch, is 100. You increase your rank by improving your roster, opening packs, and other everyday activities in the game.

Stay tuned in the following weeks as we talk about the next feature we have been working on: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels.

Additional Info:

Game Tips: What is S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank?

As you play, recruit characters, and increase their power, you’ll earn XP. When you have gained enough XP you’ll go up in S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank. As your Rank increases, you’ll unlock various parts of the game and earn Iso-8!

What does S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank unlock?

• Story events will require S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 2.
• Alliance membership will require S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 3.
• Versus events will require S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 5.
Over time, we’ll be adding new features to the game that will unlock with higher S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank!

How do I earn XP?

You’re rewarded for things you already do in game!
• Recruit each new character to your roster the first time
• Increase power levels on your recruited characters
• Champion characters and increase their champion levels
• Open comic packs
• Complete all mission rewards for any Story mission
• Send team-ups to other Alliance members
You earn more XP for rarer characters and opening more valuable packs.

What Rewards do I get for increasing my S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank?

After you reach a new S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank, you will earn Iso-8. In the early levels, the amount of Iso-8 you will earn will be anywhere from 500 to 5,000. At the later levels, the amount of Iso-8 you will receive will be as much as 50,000 for each S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank!

What is the highest S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank?

At launch, the highest S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank you can achieve is 100.

When I logged in today, I got a boat-load of Iso-8! Why did this happen?

Players who are already playing the game will be granted XP and Rank the first time they log on after S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank launches. The amount of XP and Rank they receive is based on their roster. The lowest rank you are granted for this is 5 and the highest is 65. You will receive all previous Iso-8 rewards that you would have gained if the S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank system had been in place since the beginning.

so I guess we should send more team ups

The update is live for iOS.

My SHIELD rank is 64
and I got 837,000 ISO.

Wow, you got the second highest level. I only ranked at 52 with 529,500 ISO.

I'm officially back over a million ISO, so I guess that's good.

What's the deal with the ranking system? I'm not clear on what it's used for.

zulux21

Wow, you got the second highest level. I only ranked at 52 with 529,500 ISO.

I'm officially back over a million ISO, so I guess that's good.

What's the deal with the ranking system? I'm not clear on what it's used for.

most of it is for future features.

I am at 89k iso again.
got venom and ant man with my legendary tokens from champing human torch and storm.

gonna save up and champ hulk next as after I champ him all I need to champ is moonstone to have a full two star champ cycle in place.

I also champed vision to have a full taco chain in place.
(aka I have a stretch of sweet and savory tacos that i save my tokens to release since I have all the champs for those sets so the increased likelyhood of getting one of the three star covers of those characters means I can build up someone)

oh yeah I should mention opening legendary token = 10 exp
got one in daily as well so I got a black bolt (that I need to get HP to roster :p)
heroic was 3xp.

I have a Howard the Duck and Mr. Fantastic sitting in my reserves, but will probably only get enough HP to add one before they lapse.

Neither are worth selling a three star for, right?

Dalek

I have a Howard the Duck and Mr. Fantastic sitting in my reserves, but will probably only get enough HP to add one before they lapse.

Neither are worth selling a three star for, right?

Hmmm. They're both on the low end of the 4* chart-but their rarity makes me think you should keep them. A 4* character is a chance at getting a Legendary Token when their Clash comes along.

Is there a 1* character you can temporarily sell to make room for them-and then when you get the HP you can easily restock the 1 star character?

Hmmm. They're both on the low end of the 4* chart-but their rarity makes me think you should keep them. A 4* character is a chance at getting a Legendary Token when their Clash comes along.

Is there a 1* character you can temporarily sell to make room for them-and then when you get the HP you can easily restock the 1 star character?

Only one star is Juggs. Only two star is Widow. And both are great for the DDQ which has been my main grind to champion a lot of my 3*. Guess I can sell juggs.

Half my roster is made up of useless 4* with only a couple covers though. So it feels bad bringing in two more, haha.

Dalek

Only one star is Juggs. Only two star is Widow. And both are great for the DDQ which has been my main grind to champion a lot of my 3*.

Half my roster is made up of useless 4* with only a couple covers though. :/

Well if you have to shelve one-I'd keep Howard and shelve Mr. F. Howard covers are rarer than Reeds.

zulux21

I used my ISO to Champion my remaining 3*s with the exception of Sentry. I'll get to him later.

i seriously thought about ant man since I had an extra cover, or x23 since once I get two more daken covers I will have her covered to champ, but I decided to just stay true to my 2 and 3 stars.
13/14 2 stars (i don't count bagman)
19/40 3 stars

eek I missed 3 star widow @_@

I used my ISO to Champion my remaining 3*s with the exception of Sentry. I'll get to him later.

What's the consensus on champing 3* characters that I never use? Does the math work out to make it beneficial?

I hate tossing out the covers if they can be of use. I've got 10 unchamped 3*s.

What's the consensus on champing 3* characters that I never use? Does the math work out to make it beneficial?

I hate tossing out the covers if they can be of use. I've got 10 unchamped 3*s.

If nothing else, champing them can make their respective PvPs a little easier (since every 3* is going to come up in the PvP rotation). That's especially true for any of the 10 3* that are featured in the lightning rounds (IM40, Punisher, 3* Cap, Gamora, Daredevil for heroes and Loki, Ragnarok, 3* Magneto, Mystique and Doom for villains).

Dumb Question: How do I request team ups? Ive never done it...

Where you select your teamups, there should be a button at the bottom to request team ups from your alliance.

Top Bottom