• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

NineH

I got rank 65 and got 867,000 iso. I'm so happy I'm even considering championing Mr. Fantastic since I have an expiring cover. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't though but all that iso is burning a hole in my pocket.

zulux21

I got rank 65 and got 867,000 iso. I'm so happy I'm even considering championing Mr. Fantastic since I have an expiring cover. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't though but all that iso is burning a hole in my pocket.

if you champ him and get like 20 more covers maybe you can do his daily quest next time it comes around.

Dalek

I got the 25 CP progression award in Venom Bomb and called it quits. It's just too brutal-I'm not going for top 100. Spider-Woman can kick rocks.

zulux21

I went well past progression max and finished at #98. I think I should skip some events to fix my bracketing.

don't skip as much as start and then fail at it.

I ended up getting top 12 for spiderwoman with like 20k points. I joined last night.

the path to top 10 was to long so I will just be happy having the two covers.
if she is anything like the other females in the game she will make up a decent chunk of my cp cover buys anyways :p

though I do still need wasp.

the current event sucks though. It's got such a bad roster.

I love me a Heroic event, so I'm all over this new one. Not so much the Venom event.

Also gunning for 10k in the season, already at 2k. We'll see, but I hit 8k last season just barely trying, haha.

With all that iso today I was able to bring Goblin and OML to 315, 4* Thor to 233 and 4* Jean Grey to 213, among others. Instantly usable.

zulux21

the sad fact of the matter is... doing the math.
all the iso I got today was really only worth about 500 iso a day since i started playing (I got like 529,500)

edit: oh hey... dead pool daily counts as story mission so those nodes all give 10 exp once you beat them.

that means playing nothing but those I should still get around a level a month... cool

Spoit

So, uh, was anyone actually able to beat the chulk DDQ node? It seems kinda like the Mr Fantastic one, where it's a crapshoot even if you have a max covered and leveled one.

zulux21

So, uh, was anyone actually able to beat the chulk DDQ node? It seems kinda like the Mr Fantastic one, where it's a crapshoot even if you have a max covered and leveled one.

I didn't try. I only have 3 covers for him lol.

I did however get my widow champed and with her legendary token got the yellow black bolt cover. it's a shame it wasn't the one that makes charge tiles. the yellow one seems so useless in general.

I am also realizing how these shield levels will likely go faster than expected.

with 50 exp a day min from DDQ, and then I will likely average 20exp on average between tokens and the 3 star cover (though I only redeem tokens once a month but still) it will likely mean I will try to do more quick lock nodes though since they give 10exp each.

next up will be hulk that I champ, then maybe I will get moonstone covers to champ her.

then I really need to figure out who will be next. perhaps hood.

Dalek

I did but I leveled Chulk up last time around specifically for his Crashes.

zulux21

so lets see... 3 star champs left.
top bullseye- I meant to champ him with the iso flow but turns out I am missing one of his covers :p i've sold the mising cover a few times but w/e he will come back around soon enough.
next hulk - moon stone chains into him. his event also gives a cover
next up after that... likely sentry - his event gives a cover
then hood and loki as they have their uses...

but
I have
punisher -rarely useful anymore
doc oc - useful in carnage PVE
cyclops - I hear he is decent
doctor doom - annoying to face but I don't find him fun to play
deadpool - if I champed him I could build up more points by using him in the daily quest 3 star node
daredevil - meh
gamora - meh
psylocke - meh
rocket and groot - meh
spiderman - has some uses here and there but as more things become immune to stun not as much.
mystiq - meh
she hulk
beast
Squirrel girl.

after they are done I will then focus on 4 stars.
thankfully with the new shield stuff it should be a bit easier to do this.
plus once the two star cycle is going a bit better then my levels should build even faster.

the big question is do I want to shift focus onto x23 first to have a well built 4 star... or do I want to just kind of level up every 4 star to level 130 or so first then work on champing the ones i have done or pushing all of the top ones up as high as I can.

zulux21

breaking up post so this is clear
full break down of exp for shield level
important ones to keep in mind
EtEuUN6.png

Yeah, I beat it yesterday with a lvl 152 5/1/0 Chulk. I just denied blue and green as much as possible and targeted the protect tiles when I eventually launched green a few times.

Triz

Thanks to the ISO influx I champed almost all 3 stars. Got a Doc Oc, cover today netting me a legendary token. And pulled a Blue 5* Hulk with it.

Dalek

Looks like there's a 4 Star Luke Cage coming too to coincide with his new show. We still have Medusa in the pipeline-and I can assume we're getting Dr. Strange in November.

I have a Howard the Duck and Mr. Fantastic sitting in my reserves, but will probably only get enough HP to add one before they lapse.

Neither are worth selling a three star for, right?

Well, I ended up getting a Spider Woman and she took my empty spot. And now I have Totally Awesome Hulk, Howard, and Reed in my reserves with almost no chance of getting enough HP in time. I can still sell my Juggs for one of them, but I'm getting Old Logan as a daily tomorrow so he'll take that slot.

Still, I'm getting a little frustrated with the late game stuff. After I get Logan, I'll have 15 4/5 star characters with a single cover (including my waiting list). Just taking up space. The game almost refuses to let me cover my characters.

zulux21

Looks like there's a 4 Star Luke Cage coming too to coincide with his new show. We still have Medusa in the pipeline-and I can assume we're getting Dr. Strange in November.

there are some others too.

I will look into details about widow and the event to choose a side later but first...

CRITITAL BOOSTS ARE DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting will the Civil War event, all Critical Boost mission rewards will be replaced with Mystery Boosts.
o When you receive a Mystery Boost, you have a chance to earn a random boost.
 Basic boosts (+1 AP in two colors, +20% Damage in two colors, Crit boosts) drop at around 10% each.
 Premium boosts (+1 All AP, +20% All Damage) drop at around 2.5% each.

team cap has the better 3 star reward (scralet witch vs 3 star widow) team iron man has the more useful 4 star reward (it has cyclops while cap has bucky) though bucky might be more interesting to some (I would rather have cyclops though)

details

zulux21

Doesn't matter to me which side we choose, I need both Cyclops and Bucky covers.

well I need them as well, but cyclops is considered one of the top 4 stars while bucky... is well bucky :p

ooh sweet the lowest cyclops cover is yellow which i need.

if I recall right last time we managed to get all 3 covers on one side and then switch and get 2 of the others right?

Dalek

well I need them as well, but cyclops is considered one of the top 4 stars while bucky... is well bucky :p

ooh sweet the lowest cyclops cover is yellow which i need.

if I recall right last time we managed to get all 3 covers on one side and then switch and get 2 of the others right?

Let's do it. Cyclops here we come.

zulux21

Another vote for us to do team Iron Man. Cyclops is leagues better than Bucky I'm sure.

like I said, if we focus on it we should be able to get all of the cyclops (with people who are close to the progression reward getting everything) and then switch and get some bucky.

but yeah cyclops is close to useable for me if we get all the covers as he would be 5/1/2 which would be a decent red attack power and maybe let me do his DDQ at least.

NineH

like I said, if we focus on it we should be able to get all of the cyclops (with people who are close to the progression reward getting everything) and then switch and get some bucky.

but yeah cyclops is close to useable for me if we get all the covers as he would be 5/1/2 which would be a decent red attack power and maybe let me do his DDQ at least.

I was actually able to do the Cyclops DDQ when I had him at 5/2/1 and raised him to level 166. He does around 10000 damage when you have 10 team up AP so you just have to be able to get 20 red AP and that should do it.

zulux21

I was actually able to do the Cyclops DDQ when I had him at 5/2/1 and raised him to level 166. He does around 10000 damage when you have 10 team up AP so you just have to be able to get 20 red AP and that should do it.

yeah 5 red is important, it will also be nice to get the yellow so I can get AP when I match Team up stuff :p

Malmorian

Soo....I cleared all the nodes, but since we beat the most recent round my clock didn't reset. Anyone else have this issue? Or am I doing this wrong? Also, sorry for double post and all

NineH

I just got some awesome luck with the civil war tokens. I bought a 10 pack and got the Red Room token and Quake. I was so surprised since I figured I might as well clean out the whole thing and save 50 hp. RNGesus has smiled upon me today :)

Dalek

I just got some awesome luck with the civil war tokens. I bought a 10 pack and got the Red Room token and Quake. I was so surprised since I figured I might as well clean out the whole thing and save 50 hp. RNGesus has smiled upon me today]

51556538.jpg

zulux21

I just got some awesome luck with the civil war tokens. I bought a 10 pack and got the Red Room token and Quake. I was so surprised since I figured I might as well clean out the whole thing and save 50 hp. RNGesus has smiled upon me today :)

the vaults only contain 2 stars for me.

luckily all 2 stars are useful for me again so it's not a huge deal :p

edit: I am enjoying hulkbuster + captain marvel where my marvel can tank Red/team up for hulkbuster.

still trying to figure out a good third character though.

I think the two star widow works well enough.

Captain marvel tanks red/green/yellow/team up this way and 2 star widow tanks purple and blue meaning that she can steal AP and heal while marvel takes hits to fuel red hulkbuster punch.

I actually think this team will be more effective in a round or two when cap will regularly do enough damage to trigger captain marvel.

at that point it should allow me to kill him pretty quickly at least.

I mean I have other teams i can use, but I like trying new stuff for the boss events like this that normally wouldn't work well :p

Spoit

Talking about failing for better brackets, booo, there's someone from one of the best alliances in my pvp bracket, who's already at 1.6k(!) a full day out. I guess you only get 1 freebie newbie bracket nowadays. At least it was for cykes, instead of spiderwoman. At least hitting 1k will be easy, and that means I don't need to waste HP on shields!

zulux21

I pull a 5 star character and it's......

Black Bolt.

yup... I have two of his covers... neither of which is his good one >.<;

edit: just saw 5 star widow.

holy hell is she terrible. I would need to see how her powers fully scale with 5 covers before reserving full judgement. but she looks like she will easily be the weakest 5 star.

Triz

Boosted championed HulkBuster completely wrecks shit. One shotting Cap when he has over 20k HP cracks me up.

Nodes have been cleared every round so far. Waiting on my timers. Shout out MPQ Scruffy for keeping pace.

zulux21

Boosted championed HulkBuster completely wrecks shit. One shotting Cap when he has over 20k HP cracks me up.

Nodes have been cleared every round so far. Waiting on my timers. Shout out MPQ Scruffy for keeping pace.

I see how it is... you don't want to call out to me because I am beating you :p

that being said i am likely going to lose some pacing tomorrow morning as I work early and likely won't have time to complete a full cycle.

Triz

I see how it is... you don't want to call out to me because I am beating you :p

that being said i am likely going to lose some pacing tomorrow morning as I work early and likely won't have time to complete a full cycle.

Heh The post was made prior to your jump...funny how starting first in the event gives you less points.

Man oh man, you're not kidding. Just one punched a 27k Cap.

Dalek

Boosted Hulkbuster is king. Cap doesn't stand a chance.

Next up-Cyclops blue cover!

Also-I'm halfway to SHIELD rank 66 already.

Top Bottom