• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Spoit

Boo, between the daily reward and people leaving up dump teams for a trivial 1.3k I got 4 pulls on the legendary tokens today...and none of them were really helpful. wasp, 2 kates, and a not-at-all-helpful 5 cap blue

Malmorian

Any ideas on good teams vs Cap? We're getting into the later rounds now and I'd like to keep my failed attempts to a bare minimum

Malmorian

IMHB and whatever else. Or GSBWinfinite.

Ok nice, was rolling with Laken, Luke and IF, but I need more damage now, and I don't have a champed HB :/

I'll certainly give winfinite a try, don't know why I didn't think of it before honestly. Thanks!

shaowebb

Hadn't played in ages. Took a quick trip down memory lane today and a lot has changed apparently. Black Spiderman looks fantastic in art and in practicality. Seems like a counter pick to tile place tactics.

Game pity gave me a Spider Gwen from a red room drop. Never even had one of those before.

zulux21

Any ideas on good teams vs Cap? We're getting into the later rounds now and I'd like to keep my failed attempts to a bare minimum
my team is wrecking him but it requires to have a champ cap marvel and hulkbuster that is slightly weaker than her lol

but i have it so cap marvel tanks most things and if cap makes any of his main matches she absorbs energy allowing hulkbuster to get red and black to quickly build up his punch..
We got the 2nd Cyke cover-think we can get the third?

third cover will be gotten likely with the next refresh.

after that everyone should jump ship to team cap, unless you are close to progression and can actually handle the last round to get it (for example I am almost at 1mil so I will go all the way to the token first)

in fact if cap is hard to kill I would just jump ship now. the few of us going for progression will no doubt kill him enough to get the cover and then our progression goals would not be wasted. but it's up to everyone.

there are what... 4 refreshes left meaning that we will likely get at least 1 cover from team cap as well.

either way i got more done than I expected this morning. the only other tricky one is gonna be the next refresh as my windows tablet lost my save data for the game last night, so I have to make sure i get that back properly. I am going to bring my laptop just in case though so I should be able to full clear the next round too.

zulux21

team iron man tokens... nothing but 2 stars

team cap first pull
touXDo4.png

which turned into

which means I think I need to use some of my tacos as i need two roster spots now.

Triz

A Hawkeye node, thats a chain event starting with 5* Pheonix, 5* Silver Surfer, 5* Spider Man leveled to 300. I manage to clear that one, then when the next team hits its GSBW, Nick Fury, and I don't even know who the last guy was because they opened with GSBW Sniper taking out my Hawkeye and then Fury launches Avengers assemble killing off the rest of my team. Its shit like that that drives me nuts.

Spoit

A Hawkeye node, thats a chain event starting with 5* Pheonix, 5* Silver Surfer, 5* Spider Man leveled to 300. I manage to clear that one, then when the next team hits its GSBW, Nick Fury, and I don't even know who the last guy was because they opened with GSBW Sniper taking out my Hawkeye and then Fury launches Avengers assemble killing off the rest of my team. Its shit like that that drives me nuts.

You can always do the nodes on the other side and switch back for the boss.

What are people using for iron man with iceman not being buffed this time? I'm using KP/SW/falcap for now, but that will get rather unsustainable once he gets 100 more levels.

Spoit

Whoever Rorchach is, I do appreciate your enthusiasm, and don't bregudge you the exp grind. But these random TUs really aren't helpful, and I end up tossing more than half of them

You can always do the nodes on the other side and switch back for the boss.

What are people using for iron man with iceman not being buffed this time? I'm using KP/SW/falcap for now, but that will get rather unsustainable once he gets 100 more levels.

I've been using Fist/SW/a 255 OML(1/1/0), and I haven't lost to him yet and my alliance is at level 7. Basically build up to 12 black, and then it's your choice of either using Fist's purple or transforming OML to kill him. Biggest thing is that you have to watch his AP at higher levels so he doesn't get off too many powers.

zulux21

from miles i got a drax.

since i needed to roster two people I sold two of my fully champed 2 stars to fit them.

will be odd during DDQ to not have them full level, but I have a bunch of champ 2 stars so it should be fine and their replacements are only a few covers away.

I champed hulk today.
got an iceman cover from it so he is like 4/3/3 for me now.

Dalek

I got a Jean Grey cover from Miles. This means I now need to Champion Jean to use this cover.

Additionally from CP I pulled a red Red Hulk and now have him fully covered. I guess he'll be my next one to fully level.

Also should we bother fighting Cap still? Will we possibly beat him one more time before times up?

Spoit

Yeah, can we actually get 1 more level of cap? I somehow got to #1 even after spending half a cycle grinding IM for the token after we switched over.

Triz

Im still chipping away, waiting on a refresh to clear a couple more nodes. My roster can't handle the chain events as my post earlier said.

From a couple of tokens today, I managed to get a Legendary token and a Red Room token. From those, I got a Thing and Ant-Man cover, which I did need, so that was nice.

I'm kicking some serious ass in the PvP season, I just passed the 5000 mark.

As for Civil War, I keep getting my ass kicked, so I'm tapping out.

Spoit

Im still chipping away, waiting on a refresh to clear a couple more nodes. My roster can't handle the chain events as my post earlier said.

Like I said earlier, you can do the unlocks on the other side, with the much better boost list, and only fight IM on cap's side.

Triz

Like I said earlier, you can do the unlocks on the other side, with the much better boost list, and only fight IM on cap's side.

Ive been doing that Spoit. I only have so many health packs to recover after fighting level 300+ teams lol.

Since I'm hopelessly addicted to this game, I went back and did some fights on the Team IM side, and then beat IM a few times for Team Cap. So yeah, we're a few fights away.

zulux21

yay we got it.

just discovered I don't have bucky.

I already sold most of my 2 star max champs for war machine and moon knight. Don't really want to sell my storm as she really speeds up deadpool :/

I have 2 weeks, to get 225 hp and will get 200 from VIP in the next 5 days, so I think I will be alright... but yeah... I think I am only missing wasp for the 4 stars now.

I think i am only missing 5 star cap and iron man... so don't need to many more slots right now.

Spoit

Ugh, screw rulk. 40k and a team destroying AoE is not a reasonable combination. Good thing I already have xpool cover maxed, and don't care about drax

NineH

I thought all of us in Gafvengers did well during this run of civil war considering two of us didn't play at all which sorta sucks but thankfully we still got a few covers.

zulux21

I thought all of us in Gafvengers did well during this run of civil war considering two of us didn't play at all which sorta sucks but thankfully we still got a few covers.

yeah, it was during labor day weekend so it happens, but one of the members has now been gone for 9 days and doesn't have an impressive roster in general, so we might be replacing them soon if they don't come back by day 14 or so.

MiTYH

Finally champ'd rocket/groot

I didnt even want to, but I kept getting SO many covers that I had to trash, it felt like it was worth it to just get it done and not feel bad

But then the token got me TA Hulk, and I felt bad anyway

Question is, do I recruit TA Hulk, who I've trashed in the past, or Doc Oc? I've got 2 covers for Oc, just waiting on some hopeful HP for a slot

zulux21

Finally champ'd rocket/groot

I didnt even want to, but I kept getting SO many covers that I had to trash, it felt like it was worth it to just get it done and not feel bad

But then the token got me TA Hulk, and I felt bad anyway

Question is, do I recruit TA Hulk, who I've trashed in the past, or Doc Oc? I've got 2 covers for Oc, just waiting on some hopeful HP for a slot

doc oc will eventually get you carnage covers.

TA hulk will do nothing but make you sad unless he gets redone.

Triz

Grind to 300 real quick in the PVP...get a 4 star with the token pull. And its Totally Awesome (shittastic) Hulk.

Feels bad man.

Dalek

I just pulled a standard token which gave me a 3 star Bullseye. I used that for my Championed Bullseye and pulled a Legendary Token-which gave me a 5* Hulk.

That was a very lucky token!

Top Bottom