• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

NineH

I hate to say it but should Gafvengers be looking to replace Gavinrobertson? It's been almost two weeks and he hasn't logged in so it may be safe to assume he's moved on from the grind of the game? We've missed out on 1200 iso so far and every bit counts ;)

Dalek

I hate to say it but should Gafvengers be looking to replace Gavinrobertson? It's been almost two weeks and he hasn't logged in so it may be safe to assume he's moved on from the grind of the game? We've missed out on 1200 iso so far and every bit counts ;)

All those in favor say aye.

zulux21

I brought it up a bit ago. I was gonna give him up to 14 days (you know 2 weeks)

but if we have a replacement ready I have no issues replacing him now as really 10 days without contact about why they are missing is my, we can do better range :p

plus it isn't like they have a great roster.

zulux21

I'm still alliance hunting, if you're interested. In game name is the same as my username here. Here's my roster.

well the application process for gafvengers requires a very detailed questionnaire.

1. Will you log in most days? If yes move on to question 2, if no sorry we don't need you.
2. Will you be spending money to get us CP? if yes move on to question 3, if no move on to question 4.
3. Did you know we find whales delicious? if yes move on to question 4, if no move on to question 4.
4. Are you sure you want to join? If yes then congrats, if no then why did you make it this far @_@.

see super detailed.

aka: we only really care that you log in to get us daily iso.
joining alliance events is great, but we don't really require anything.
it is also recommended to only send widows and deadpool to spoit. I believe he is trying to build the ultaimate harem :p

If you can't tell, I am very laid back and like to joke around :p

well the application process for gafvengers requires a very detailed questionnaire.

1. Will you log in most days? If yes move on to question 2, if no sorry we don't need you.
2. Will you be spending money to get us CP? if yes move on to question 3, if no move on to question 4.
3. Did you know we find whales delicious? if yes move on to question 4, if no move on to question 4.
4. Are you sure you want to join? If yes then congrats, if no then why did you make it this far @_@.

see super detailed.

aka: we only really care that you log in to get us daily iso.
joining alliance events is great, but we don't really require anything.
it is also recommended to only send widows and deadpool to spoit. I believe he is trying to build the ultaimate harem :p

If you can't tell, I am very laid back and like to joke around :p

yes. next time there's a sale. baked whale sounds nice. yay. And I do play every day, even when on vacation.

zulux21

yes. next time there's a sale. baked whale sounds nice. yay. And I do play every day, even when on vacation.

then what ever 12 days is enough time... you can join :p
there is an opening now, come on in.

but in case it wasn't clear, you don't need to spend any money. it's just nice when people do :p

it is weird to me that you have what 31 3 stars champed, but yet you have two that are missing covers :p

Am I at 31 already? Geez. Beast next, then Hood, then we'll see where the luck of the draw takes me.

Edit: Oh, and I've made the decision not to roster Rags or Sentry until I actually have spare roster spots. Contemplating whether I want to a Cho to that list, but I probably won't since he's Hulk's champ reward (at least for now).

Dalek

Tommorows Crash of the Titans will probably be the first one this entire run that I don't get. My Venom is only level 131 and 2/3/1.

Spoit

I sent Spoit a Black Widow today and then he said to send Deadpools!

He's changing it up.

Honestly, anything that's not some unleveled 1 cover 5/4 star I at least try to use before tossing out. (Seriously guys, I know you get more xp for them, but what am I really supposed to do with it!). I'm at 2 whales right now, so I at least have a bit of wiggle room. The DP red is actually fairly useful too, 4k damage for only 6 TU AP.

zulux21

I tried for the heck of it, but I really didn't expect to beat carnage with my 2/2/2 venom o_O

got a blue punisher for my troubles.

zulux21

I beat him on my third try-all boosted, and denying red/green. I got an Invisible Woman and almost threw my phone.

I denied red as hard as I could, and then green.

given having black covers on venom makes it harder I had to do my best to make sure he didn't launch a move to get attack tiles.

he launched red once... and at no point did I get any damage on him from attack tiles.

but since I stored up a bunch of yellow and green I was able to spam his last 8k life away.

Spoit

gave it 4 tries before I realized, even with boosts, I simply can't keep up with just the pure match damage he puts out. Especially if most of your matches are on off color red denials

Dalek

gave it 4 tries before I realized, even with boosts, I simply can't keep up with just the pure match damage he puts out. Especially if most of your matches are on off color red denials

I just kept denying him Red and Green-and at the same time-never used any of my powers. I waited until the very end when I had tons of AP and little health-and then I used yellow first-and then green. This way you delay him creating the attack tiles.

Spoit

I just kept denying him Red and Green-and at the same time-never used any of my powers. I waited until the very end when I had tons of AP and little health-and then I used yellow first-and then green. This way you delay him creating the attack tiles.

That's what I was trying. But I was down to like 2k hp, and he was still above 10k. My yellow is the only one remotely covered, and it only did 2k

Malmorian

Holy shit.

Finally maxed my 4* Wolverine covers after missing that 1 Black cover for over a year. Now the 20$ question is...is he worth championing? I have the Iso ( but will then be flat broke ) and would he serve a viable function?

Dalek

Holy shit.

Finally maxed my 4* Wolverine covers after missing that 1 Black cover for over a year. Now the 20$ question is...is he worth championing? I have the Iso ( but will then be flat broke ) and would he serve a viable function?

I'm of the opinion that it's worth doing because you are going to get another cover of his at some point and you're either going to trash omit or you can get some use out of it.

Triz

Holy shit.

When he is boosted he's a beast. I use him frequently. Also 2500 iso for a level instead of 1k for selling duplicate covers.

zulux21

now that I am home... I can post details better.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels

Events that reward players based on their roster needs has been a long-requested feature and we are excited to bring that to you with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels! Soon, most Story and Versus events will have Clearance Levels that players can join and compete in.

Deadpool Vs. MPQ on September 15th will be the first Story event that has S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels. Different Clearance levels have different Placement and Progression rewards that award players appropriately for their current roster. When you enter the event, you will get to choose any Clearance Level that you have unlocked. For the duration of the event, you will be competing against other people in the same Clearance Level and End Time. Now, not only do you get to play for rewards that directly help your roster, but you will be playing with players who have similar roster needs!

Divine Champions on September 18th will be the first Versus event that has S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels.

We will have more detailed information on the Clearance Level rewards as we get closer to the events.

Additional Info:

What Are S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels?
When selecting most events, you will be given the ability to select a Clearance Level. Clearance Levels let you play for rewards that are useful for your roster.

Which Events have Clearance Levels?
Once the system is in full effect, all regular Story and Versus Events will have Clearance Levels. S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator and Seasons will have Clearance Levels as well. Deadpool's Daily Quest and Lightning Rounds do not have Clearance Levels.

How do I select a Clearance Level?
The first time you enter an event, a prompt will display the Clearance Levels that are available to you. You can select any Clearance Level that you have access to. After selecting the level, you will see the normal end time selection prompt. At this point, you will be able to change your Clearance Level. After you have chosen an end time, however, you will be locked into that Clearance Level for the duration of the event.

What is the difference in rewards between each Clearance Level?
Each Clearance Level has different Placement and Progression rewards that are directly benificial to the S.H.I.E.L.D Rank you are. Higher Clearance Levels provide characters of a higher star-rating, more Iso-8, Hero Points, and Command Points. Below are the target goals for each Clearance Level:

• Clearance Level 1 and 2 for 1-Stars.
• Clearance Level 3 through 5 for 2-Stars.
• Clearance Level 5 through 7 for 3-Stars.
• Clearance Level 7 for 4-Stars.

How do I view what rewards I will get?
When you select the Event Rewards button on the Select a Clearance Level screen, you will be able to see the rewards for each Clearance Level that is available to you.

What if I want the rewards of a Clearance Level lower than the maximum Clearance Level I have earned?
You are able to enter any Clearance Level that is available to you.

Who am I competing against for these rewards?
When you enter an event you join a leaderboard comprised of other players that have selected the same Clearance Level and End Time that you have (event leaderboards still have the same maximum capacity as before). You will be competing against players in this leaderboard for Placement rewards.

How do Versus Events work with Clearance Levels?
Clearance Levels in Versus Events act just like any other event in terms of who you are competing against on the leaderboard. As for matchmaking, you will be matched against players in the same End Time to ensure there are enough players to play against. Currently, Clearance Levels do not impact matchmaking.

rewards are still being worked on, but really it doesn't seem like it will have a huge effect on rewards from the preview

MPQ_SCL_Event_Sign_Up_Sep_2016.JPG

as it seems like the top 50 will get 4 star rewards (a guess) if you do rank 7 which will likely have much higher caps than lower sets.

it will really depend on the progression rewards and what not.

Spoit

I dunno, following that progression it seems like going for rank 7 would probably extend the 4* cover out to like....50, max. But you'd also be competing in 1. a much more competitive pool with all the 4 and 5* rosters (until they add additional ranks) and 2. which is also a significantly smaller pool. Depending on the reward structure, rank 5 might be the sweet spot.

I dunno, following that progression it seems like going for rank 7 would probably extend the 4* cover out to like....50, max. But you'd also be competing in 1. a much more competitive pool with all the 4 and 5* rosters (until they add additional ranks) and 2. which is also a significantly smaller pool. Depending on the reward structure, rank 5 might be the sweet spot.

That depends on what they're changing the progression rewards to. If level 7's progression rewards are say, double the ISO of level 5, and has a 4* cover in it, then for a high level roster it might be worth it to play level 7 anyway, even if you're going to get worse placement.

Edit: According to this, 4* are being added to level 7 progression, and they're introducing a new token (my guess is something with decreased 2* odds to give out instead of/in addition to event tokens).

zulux21

the other thing they haven't covered is how scaling will change.

will it still be based on your roster and thus unless you are competing for placement you should just pick the highest rank you can.

If the shield ranks effected scaling though, then for sure rank 5 might be better for some.

it will also depend if node rewards change ect.

as if nodes stay the same, and scaling is effected. I could see myself doing rank 1 from time to time just because I could destroy it with a blade/IF/daken team and not have to pay attention at all while watching TV.

edit: just saw the guantlet.

how nice of them to give a 4 star venom cover a few days after the deadpool event where it likely won't be useful for like 200 days lol.

NineH

This will be the first time I don't have to kill myself trying to finish the gauntlet since I somehow managed to amass 5 yellow for Venom already.

zulux21

It seems like monday we will have more details about the new shield stuff.

it sounds like 25 cp will still be a progression reward for all tiers, but it isn't going to just be a big chunk at the end anymore, it will instead be rewarded in smaller chunks.

not 100% confirmed though.as it was said on a discord server and I don't see any source for it.

Triz

Cleared first round of the gauntlet complete. Won't let me continue to 2nd round due to first round not complete. Wtf?

Edit* rebooting app fixed it.

zulux21

well it looks like at the min shield rank 5 will be the place to be.

With the arrival of Marvel Puzzle Quest's R109 update today - many of you will notice a new type of token in the game. Here's Anthony at Demiurge to tell you a bit about it:

"Starting with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels, there will be a new token that players can earn: Elite Tokens.

The contents of Elite tokens consist mainly of 2-Stars (76%) with 3-Stars being a rarer reward (24%). Elite tokens will replace Standard tokens starting in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 (Rank 20+) to help players transitioning from 2-Star to 3-Star rosters."

all your standard tokens are just elite tokens...
that will help a lot as they are basically heroic tokens without the chance of a 4 star and i often get 10+ standards during an event i am playing towards progression... so yeah. sounds good to me.

I wonder if that will change the end of round awards too as I think we usually get like 3 standard tokens per subevent as an alliance.

zulux21

hmmm which 3 star should I champ next.

cyclops
hood
deadpool
loki
doc oc (I know he isn't great but he is stupid good during the carnage event)?

hmmm which 3 star should I champ next.

cyclops
hood
deadpool
loki
doc oc (I know he isn't great but he is stupid good during the carnage event)?

Honestly, Cyclops is the most powerful of those 5, but I might say Hood because he has the least health and champing him depending on where you have him could be the difference in him staying alive during a match.

zulux21

heh I just realized that my prof x is built up enough to do a poor mans version of Winfinite

(he is 2/4/2) tempting to put some iso into him and not into champing a new 3 star (just until he hits 78 damage on his purple as widow is 79)

hmmm I will have to see how well he works with just 2 (wish it was more blue covers)

also stupid jean gray otherwise I would try it now

heh I just realized that my prof x is built up enough to do a poor mans version of Winfinite

(he is 2/4/2) tempting to put some iso into him and not into champing a new 3 star (just until he hits 78 damage on his purple as widow is 79)

hmmm I will have to see how well he works with just 2 (wish it was more blue covers)

also stupid jean gray otherwise I would try it now

As someone with a level 90 3/0/5 PX, I can say that it's still runnable, but since it's not a full winfinite you're gonna take some damage. You'll still win way more matches than you lose, though.

Spoit

Honestly, Cyclops is the most powerful of those 5, but I might say Hood because he has the least health and champing him depending on where you have him could be the difference in him staying alive during a match.

That would be a reason not to champ him. I left him at 100-ish for the longest time, to let him not tank the primary color, when you had at 141 with a secondary yellow or tertiary...blue? able to tank the color for him

Top Bottom