• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

That would be a reason not to champ him. I left him at 100-ish for the longest time, to let him not tank the primary color, when you had at 141 with a secondary yellow or tertiary...blue? able to tank the color for him

Personally, I'd rather have the health and just watch my team construction and matching (and be able to withstand AoE attacks) than leave him low. But I get your point.

Edit: And to that end, I also don't plan on capping PX to keep Charlie's Angels running. Maybe if I get/make a dupe I'll park him down there, but my main is going as high as allowed.

MiTYH

Somehow I'm ranked 1 in this Hood slice of PVP. Not sure how that happened. 6.5 hrs left, let's see if I can hold it. Out of health packs now sooo we'll see.

Spoit

Yeah, these load times aren't really playable. I think I'm just going to do 1 node a day for the alliance, until they fix it

Yeesh, it's going to be very close for me to get to 10k points in PvP this season. Sitting at about 7800 after this Hood event, got the Thor one, the Ragnarok one after that and possibly one more? Otherwise just the simulator.

Going to be close.

zulux21

I'm finally doing a good job of remembering to use team ups pointlessly in battle so i can request more so you guys can get exp :p

well aint this just a nice last node

gU8FCso.png

:/

Spoit

Yeesh, it's going to be very close for me to get to 10k points in PvP this season. Sitting at about 7800 after this Hood event, got the Thor one, the Ragnarok one after that and possibly one more? Otherwise just the simulator.

Going to be close.

How many do you have in the simulator right now? 1k should be pretty trivial in it, letting you skate with pretty mediocre scores in the other 2 pvps.

Dalek

For Simulation 30 I have level 314 Scarlett Witch, Iceman and Storm. Winfinite wont get me through this one - and I can't use Iceman. What to do?

zulux21

For Simulation 30 I have level 314 Scarlett Witch, Iceman and Storm. Winfinite wont get me through this one - and I can't use Iceman. What to do?

I most likely used
KK+Im40+CMAGs

targeting storm while denying iceman's colors then targeting ice man and then SW.

gotta do storm first because her black move is hard to deal with over a long match.

ice man next because obviously he is the most dangerous overall

either way I boredly finished the gauntlet, really overall it wasn't to bad despite looking at a bunch of 300+ enemies.

alternatively KK+Im40+doc oc would likely work well.

let storm get off her black move,
then use doc oc blue to do up to 32k damage (each destroyed tile deals 1k damage and if you are lucky each of the 16 pairs is made up of 2 special tiles :p)

like really, I think people underestimate doc oc for some PVE stuff :p

zulux21

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

no problem, it's currently one of my favorite teams.

you just need 6 yellow to get things really going as if you can launch recharge without losing tiles mags can wrack up some heavy damage right away, and removing team up typically gives some AP that you can use.

another team I used during this was patch + loki + IF. as it's still a great combo to hide behind after firing and IF adds the attack tile + turning purple into black, and tanks for loki.. yay :p

Based on the sample reward charts they posted, looks like a shift from placement to progression in PvE. Doesn't seem bad to me.

Yeah, their forums are up in arms, but SL6 gets more ISO than we do right now, and there's a chance SL7 gives out even more ISO than that and, if the rumors are correct, gives you a 4* in progression instead. If I have to trade less of a chance at 4 star covers in placement for more ISO in both progression and placement, then I consider that a fair trade (especially since the only times I get top 10 in PvE is when I tank into a noob bracket).

Dalek

I'm a simple man-I tried looking at that chart and I can't make heads or tails of it.

reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-confused.gif

Actually the preview for the Deadpool PVE is up and I see the rewards. Level 7 has a 4 star Venom as a progression award in the middle. Nice!

zulux21

so it sounds like...
shit is about to change a ton.

Hi everyone,

Anthony and Dave at Demiurge sent word on plans for a new character rebalancing philosophy. Read on for details:

We are going to start making changes to characters in the game with the goal of creating a more balanced playing environment. To kick off these changes, the Lead Designer on Marvel Puzzle Quest, Dave Guskin, would like to pass along a message describing the rebalance philosophy to the players.

"Our team has been looking at the health of the competitive game in MPQ, and we’ve started to identify ways to change some of the characters that are much weaker or stronger than others at the same rarity.

Our goal is to provide a more diverse competitive experience - more variety in teams encourage different strategies and more fun ways to play! Some ubiquitous, strong characters dominate competitive play - we want to reduce the power of those characters just enough so that other characters of the same rarity can compete with them for a spot. We also want to increase the power of underpowered characters - the ones sitting on the bench, fun and interesting but not powerful enough to compete - to give them another shot at competitive play.

So, beginning with the close of this Versus season, we’ll start releasing more regular updates to existing characters.

At the end of each Versus season, if we have characters to change, we’ll message those changes out.

At the start of the next season, we’ll enact those changes to characters and give players an opportunity to sell changed characters for increased value due to the changes.

This is an ongoing process - we don’t expect to achieve perfect balance overnight, but our goal is to regularly address the most significant issues in the competitive character landscape. Our team is interested in hearing your thoughts on these changes - play with them, see how you feel, and let us know which characters you’d like to see updated next!"

More information on the first characters to be rebalanced will be on Monday, September 19th.

while there are a ton of characters who could use buffs, I wonder who all will get nerfed. hopefully not many as building new teams thanks to buffs is nice... losing a favorite team because of a nerf sucks

so lets see
OML
iceman
likely hulkbuster.
prof x to destroy wininfinte (though they could target the other two neither of the other two are super amazing on their own)

I wonder who else will get a nerf :p

zulux21

They have to do something with Chulk.

I bet Iceman gets nerfed

ideally a lot of characters get bugged. Chulk has to be near the front.

talks are chulk and iceman missed their scheduled time to be rewards, so it is likely that those two are first.

an OML nerf is obvious so it will be interesting to see what they do with that. ideally it will be far more of a Cmags nerf (well ideally would be 2 star thor which left him very usable and in some ways better :p) instead of a xforce nerf.

zulux21

So much for the Gauntlet for me.

Nick Fury,Red Hulk and Kingpin level 332.

A. you could whales :p
B. target kingpin then fury then hulk if you can. I almost beat it twice with wininfite (or my poor man version) but fury's detonate works differently than I thought as I figured it would all go off for massive damage but no they are treated individually.

I think ultimately I beat them with my usual KK+Cmags+ ironman 40 team though.

granted mine were only level 281/282/281

anyways with the announcement of boosted/nerfed characters I might just save my iso until next week.

I could champ 3 star cyclops as soon as I get his cover in two days, but I might as well wait and see.
might just pour iso into x23 given how useful she can be for grinding nodes as well.

edit: hmmm maybe the nova is doable... got him down to 1.5k while I was at 900 (starting at 4k) and then messed up and gave him enough red.

hmm I have enough boosts for exactly one more try.

*starts next try*
*starts making first move*
Marvel puzzle quest has crashed.

-_-

zulux21

*gets enough CP for a roll*
*gets a spidergwen cover*

ooh she is the next deadpool daily challange

*notices it is yellow*

damn it...

the one that should heal her as well, and if i am rebalancing characters that is the first damn thing I would do as it was stupid she doesn't heal herself as well but instead in the one on one it just creates 2 web tiles :/

oh well I can get her to like level 136 now, maybe 2/1/3 will be enough

Got myself a red 5* Black Widow cover, so that's nice.

Also pretty positive I'll just miss the 10k mark in the PvP season. I'm at 9029 right now, with the Ragnarok event left plus the rest of the simulator. I already have 300 pts in the Rags event, too, and maybe 250ish left in me for the simulator, unless everyone starts going higher in that, too. But crazier things have happened.

They're restarting the Crash cycle after Spider-Gwen (which is a little earlier than I thought they would), and changing it so that it isn't in order of release anymore. New order is:

• X-23 (All-New Wolverine)
• Iceman (All-New X-men)
• Jean Grey (All-New X-men)
• Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)
• Sam Wilson (Captain America)
• Peggy Carter (Captain America)
• Professor X (Charles Xavier)
• Cyclops (Classic)
• The Thing (Classic)
• Invisible Woman (Classic)
• Carnage (Cletus Kasady)
• Quake (Daisy Johnson)
• Drax (The Destroyer)
• Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
• Venom (Eddie Brock)
• Thor (Goddess of Thunder)
• Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy)
• Kate Bishop (Hawkeye)
• Iron Man (Hulkbuster)
• War Machine (James Rhodes)
• Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
• Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
• Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)
• Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw)
• Moon Knight (Marc Spector)
• Punisher (Max)
• Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)
• Nova (Sam Alexander)
• Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
• Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
• Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross)
• Hulk (Totally Awesome)
• Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force)
• Elektra (Unkillable)
• Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)
• Wolverine (X-Force)

And everyone that gets added to the list gets slotted in where they belong (the list is ordered by sub-name, if you haven't noticed).

Dalek

They're restarting the Crash cycle after Spider-Gwen (which is a little earlier than I thought they would), and changing it so that it isn't in order of release anymore. New order is:

• Iceman (All-New X-men)
• Cyclops (Classic)
• The Thing (Classic)
• Quake (Daisy Johnson)
• Drax (The Destroyer)
• Venom (Eddie Brock)
• Kate Bishop (Hawkeye)
• Iron Man (Hulkbuster)
• Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
• Punisher (Max)
• Nova (Sam Alexander)
• Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
• Hulk (Totally Awesome)
• Elektra (Unkillable)
• Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)
• Wolverine (X-Force)

And everyone that gets added to the list gets slotted in where they belong (the list is ordered by sub-name, if you haven't noticed).

Damn that's a surprise. Spider-Gwen will be the first one the entire cycle that I don't get because she's undercovered for me. I guess I better start putting ISO into Bucky next.

Spoit

Got myself a red 5* Black Widow cover, so that's nice.

Also pretty positive I'll just miss the 10k mark in the PvP season. I'm at 9029 right now, with the Ragnarok event left plus the rest of the simulator. I already have 300 pts in the Rags event, too, and maybe 250ish left in me for the simulator, unless everyone starts going higher in that, too. But crazier things have happened.

Go slice 4 and shield hop with the whales.

zulux21

• Iceman (All-New X-men)
• Cyclops (Classic)
• The Thing (Classic)
• Quake (Daisy Johnson)
• Drax (The Destroyer)
• Venom (Eddie Brock)
• Kate Bishop (Hawkeye)
• Iron Man (Hulkbuster)
• Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
• Punisher (Max)
• Nova (Sam Alexander)
• Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
• Hulk (Totally Awesome)
• Elektra (Unkillable)
• Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)
• Wolverine (X-Force)

it should be noted this as well
"Starting with the 9/20 DDQ, we will be making some subtle changes to the the Crash of the Titans missions.

First of all, we looked at how players did for each featured character and made a few missions easier. These characters are Invisible Woman (Classic), Jean Grey (All-New X-Men), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw), Wolverine (X-Force), Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards), X-23 (All-New Wolverine) and Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy).

inviso woman, sam wilson, x-force really weren't to bad already
i am a little sad spider gwen got moved as I was curious to see if I coudl do her
but if i can't do x-23 who I could champ something is wrong :p

it should be noted this as well

inviso woman, sam wilson, x-force really weren't to bad already
i am a little sad spider gwen got moved as I was curious to see if I coudl do her
but if i can't do x-23 who I could champ something is wrong :p

AFAIK, Gwen didn't get moved from next week. She's still the next one, and X-23 starts the new cycle after that.

zulux21

AFAIK, Gwen didn't get moved from next week. She's still the next one, and X-23 starts the new cycle after that.

the official update page says
""Starting with the 9/20 DDQ, we will be making some subtle changes to the the Crash of the Titans missions."

which would imply it won't be gwen, but i guess it means the next wave that starts then will be the one that changes start on.

the official update page says
""Starting with the 9/20 DDQ, we will be making some subtle changes to the the Crash of the Titans missions."

which would imply it won't be gwen, but i guess it means the next wave that starts then will be the one that changes start on.

Check your Taco Vault. Gwen is still the cover in there. Now, it's possible that they decided to change out the battle (there's no way that this was a decision they made in a day or two) but kept the Gwen cover there, but I doubt it.

Edit: And the starting with 9/20 part could also be referencing the fact that Spider-Gwen is one of the fights they listed as having made it easier.

zulux21

Check your Taco Vault. Gwen is still the cover in there. Now, it's possible that they decided to change out the battle (there's no way that this was a decision they made in a day or two) but kept the Gwen cover there, but I doubt it.

Edit: And the starting with 9/20 part could also be referencing the fact that Spider-Gwen is one of the fights they listed as having made it easier.

sorry I was under the influence of sleeping drugs on my last post and it looks like I didn't make it clear enough that it does seem gwen will still be the next one and that her match should be easier.

also... monday can't come soon enough. I am currently just hoarding... due to character rebalance, and would like to know what covers to sell.

though given I have two of them it would be nice if punisher was getting an upgrade.

really he wouldn't be that hard to make relevant.
double his black and green numbers
make his red calculate the 40% after damage.

and then he is solid again.

Malmorian

Pulled 2 legendary tokens...OML Yellow ( my first one so he's now 1/1/0 ) and my 1st Wasp cover, Black. She'll be useless for another 4 months with most of my other 4*'s

zulux21

I'm reading rumors of buffs to both Chulk and Star-Lord.

guesses I have seen are a chulk buff, ice man nerf to start with.

also they corrected their elite tokens, and the system is apperently working as intended so these tokens that are supposed to be better in general by replacing standards but not quite as good as heroic since they don't have 4 stars in them, have indeed replaced heroic tokens from rewards :/

Spoit

I mean, the odds of a 4* pull are pretty much 0 in the first place anyway. Also, these new taco tokens suck. I've pulled like 10 and still no health packs.

EDIT: took 25 pulls to get them

Triz

Hit the final progression reward in the Deadpool PVE. Took a bit more grinding than the events before the revamp. I did like the reward structure quite a bit more as its nice to snag a 4 star 2/3 the way through.

But pulling a Totally Awesome Hulk with the CP killed any excitement I had. Thats the third 4 star Ive pulled in a row that was trash. Last 2 were duplicates in maxed covers.

MiTYH

Is Peggy Carter worth rostering? I have her red cover that I got randomly. Might not have the space for it and have to ditch a low-covered 3 to fit her in, or a one-covered 4-star. Notables of those are winter soldier (red), war machine (blue), spidergwen (yellow), and ghost rider (red)

brickface

Got five heroic tokens from the end of the season. Three from my own efforts and two from my alliance. And I got five two-star characters... two Storms, two Dakans and, yep, sodding Moonstone.

Booooooooooo

Is Peggy Carter worth rostering? I have her red cover that I got randomly. Might not have the space for it and have to ditch a low-covered 3 to fit her in, or a one-covered 4-star. Notables of those are winter soldier (red), war machine (blue), spidergwen (yellow), and ghost rider (red)

Generally speaking, yes Peggy is worth rostering. Her red is okay, but her blue is good and her yellow passive is great once you get enough covers into it. I'd say you could probably ditch the spider-gwen yellow for now.

Triz

Leveled up Spider Gwen to 152 since I actually had all her covers. Beat Miles on the 2nd Try. Pulled a duplicate Nick Cage with the legendary. My luck has been terrible on Legendary tokens as of late.

Edit* Elite tokens are trash. Had 3 from rewards pulled all 2 stars.

Dalek

wow-I beat Miles with my severely underleveld Gwen.

That means I got every single cover this run!

I got a Deadpool cover-but luckily I have him Championed.

Top Bottom