• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

My mistake-I'm getting 25 as a reward and I'll have 40 total.

ah... well I hope you pull a cho and a spide gwen :p

I do wonder if we will get 50CP after dayu 1095 though.

also it looks like the next new character will be gwenpool.

given we already have a gwen in 4 star land I have to imagine she is the 5 star anniversary character

so I can't wait to have to use a roster space on her as the weakest 5 star :p

Triz

Guess you guys really don't want 4* Luke Cage. I waited on joining the 9am bracket and tried to give myself an easy run...Im sitting in 2nd place after nodes cleared.

zulux21

Guess you guys really don't want 4* Luke Cage. I waited on joining the 9am bracket and tried to give myself an easy run...Im sitting in 2nd place after nodes cleared.

im mostly indifferent, just don't see a reason to join early, so I am gonna wait until like 8pm on sunday to join the bracket that ends at 10pm monday.

Got the Spider Woman from simulator with lots of other covers along the way. Used the 2 star Marvel covers for champion levels, which gave me a 3 star Marvel, which gave me a Thing!

zulux21

Got the Spider Woman from simulator with lots of other covers along the way. Used the 2 star Marvel covers for champion levels, which gave me a 3 star Marvel, which gave me a Thing!

i might bother with that since it is only 800 this time.

screw trying to get to the normal 2k though.

i might bother with that since it is only 800 this time.

screw trying to get to the normal 2k though.

It's actually not that hard once you realize the most important thing is timing. First ten or twelve or so days is too early, last 2-3 days is too late. Anything between that time, and just pick one night to climb from 1300-1600 (depending on the strength of your roster) to 2000 and you shouldn't see too many attacks.

zulux21

It's actually not that hard once you realize the most important thing is timing. First ten or twelve or so days is too early, last 2-3 days is too late. Anything between that time, and just pick one night to climb from 1300-1600 (depending on the strength of your roster) to 2000 and you shouldn't see too many attacks.

even if I shouldn't see attacks I still tend to have horrible luck. but it isn't even just about getting there as much as how tedious it is to get there.

unlike something like the guantlet, I can't actively walk away at 1900 points because of some annoying luck, if I do I will get hit and have even more to do later :/

anyways got to 800 with out much trouble today. I might try upping the IF event tomorrow and see how things look and maybe go for the 10k pack for the first time in a long time.

between the deadpool daily and my vip and daily log in I got 3 legendary pulls today.
rgthWJY.png

sJ5DDNG.png

V0LdNpy.png

carnage becomes 3/4/2 which still isn't great but his daily is hard but doable with the right strat.
elektra becomes 1/2/4 which should make her daily a little easier but still not easy.
ghost rider becomes 3/2/2 which should be good enough to do his daily thing when he comes up again.

Malmorian

Just pulled Spider Woman from the Simulator. God I wish it was like this from now on. Scored excellent pulls from the whole thing, and only took a few days. Loved it

zulux21

Just pulled Spider Woman from the Simulator. God I wish it was like this from now on. Scored excellent pulls from the whole thing, and only took a few days. Loved it

yup I would actually mess with it if it stayed like this, but alas... everything will be multiplied by 2.5 for next season and basically be impossible to get for anyone but the hardcore.

sibarraz

Banned
I really love this game, but I can't stop feeling that I have to live all day watching the game in order to gain things, which is the ideal time play to maximixe things?

And is only good to play pve?

I really love this game, but I can't stop feeling that I have to live all day watching the game in order to gain things, which is the ideal time play to maximixe things?

And is only good to play pve?

PvP and PvE optimal playstyles are different, and have to be approached a little differently. As far as PvE is concerned, look at the time slices, and pick one that you can ideally play for a couple hours before the sub ends and a couple hours after the sub starts (so, for example, if you pick a slice that ends at 10pm, ideally you'd want to be able to play from about 7-8pm until about 12-1am). For PvP, unless you have a good 4* roster or are willing to use a lot of shields, you'll want to do your climbing closer to the end of the event so that you're more likely to be able to keep those points, or at the very least you'll be able to buy a cheaper shield to protect them.

Triz

I won't place well enough for Luke Cage in the PVE. But proven method of 4 clears for each node did grant me the 25cp. I was occupied all day yesterday and didn't touch the grind. I was worried the 48 hour slice would screw my progression.

How is that than everyhting will be multiplied by 2.5?

This is a shortened season because the anniversary of the release of the game is coming next week. The season after this will be a full length season, which is usually about 23 or so days and 10 PvP events. Since this season only has 4 events, each progression value is 40% of what it normally is during a full season.

Dalek

I won't place well enough for Luke Cage in the PVE. But proven method of 4 clears for each node did grant me the 25cp. I was occupied all day yesterday and didn't touch the grind. I was worried the 48 hour slice would screw my progression.

Same here. I've been working so much and then been exhausted so I haven't had time for the grind. Plus the new Destiny DLC has taken up some hours too.

I probably won't even get the 25 CP reward.

zulux21

How is that than everyhting will be multiplied by 2.5?

because the final prize will be at 2k instead of 800 for the simulator, and there won't be any extra prizes on the way up to that score so everything would just be shifted by 2.5x

basically instead of all the early prizes being 20 apart they will be 50 apart and so on :p

Same here. I've been working so much and then been exhausted so I haven't had time for the grind. Plus the new Destiny DLC has taken up some hours too.

I probably won't even get the 25 CP reward.

I didn't enter a good bracket so I don't care.
with the new shield levels I can do half of progression and get solid rewards, thus I don't see a point to grind out 25cp anymore.

though it does seem really stupid that the next event doesn't have shield levels either.

it's great that they introduced a new feature most people liked and decided they should stop using it right away :p

Spoit

They probably are still debating the reward schema for new characters.

Also, have the forums figured out how the new defensive team thing works yet? E.g. if I put up some championed 4*s, can I then go and do FT+recharge with impunity?

zulux21

They probably are still debating the reward schema for new characters.

Also, have the forums figured out how the new defensive team thing works yet? E.g. if I put up some championed 4*s, can I then go and do FT+recharge with impunity?

the forums are to busy complaining about the changes to figure out how it works.

also what is FT+recharge (I figure recharge is 3 star ironman)

the forums are to busy complaining about the changes to figure out how it works.

also what is FT+recharge (I figure recharge is 3 star ironman)

Female Thor? Her plus IM40 is a pretty dangerous combo, but IM40 (or any 3*) is generally too squishy to work against good 4* characters in PvP.

zulux21

Female Thor? Her plus IM40 is a pretty dangerous combo, but IM40 (or any 3*) is generally too squishy to work against good 4* characters in PvP.
ah... then yeah I think you could do that without much worry.

as far as I know your defensive team is merely the team you have played that has the highest total levels.

ah... then yeah I think you could do that without much worry.

as far as I know your defensive team is merely the team you have played that has the highest total levels.

That's the thing we don't know, though. Or at least I don't think we know. In the announcement, it said something along the lines of "much weaker" instead of just weaker, so the assumption is that there's some give to the formula, but no one has been able to figure out how much so far.

zulux21

That's the thing we don't know, though. Or at least I don't think we know. In the announcement, it said something along the lines of "much weaker" instead of just weaker, so the assumption is that there's some give to the formula, but no one has been able to figure out how much so far.

someone has said in the MPQ forums that they contacted support and they just flat out told them it's the team total levels that matter.

MiTYH

Opened my 10 pack from the season and got... one Grey Suit Black Widow and all the rest were two stars. Bah!

I hear you. Got my 10-pack just now:
- 2-daken
- 3-ironman-40
- 2-OBW
- 2-cap america
- 3-cap marvel
- 3-doom
- 2-magneto
- 2-bullseye
- 2-cap marvel
- 2-obw

Of course, this is stinks because I haven't just rostered Iron Man or Marvel. Iron Man's next on my list, since I have a second cover waiting for him, just need the HP.

Dalek

Opened my 10 pack from the season and got... one Grey Suit Black Widow and all the rest were two stars. Bah!

I got only one 4 star-and it was a duplicate Chulk.

OzXG_b.gif

That said-I did earn a Red Ghost Rider last night so now he's 0/5/5 for me. I got a Star-Lord which fully covered him for me-and then today I'll get a OML in my daily reward.

zulux21

oh hey... I just realized they fixed the pvp rewards and you can get 10 command points at 575 points.

edit:
my covers of interest
quicksilver
mystique
3 star thor
iron fist
3 star thor

so no 4 stars but at least 5 3 stars.

i might as well grind a bit more to get 10cp so I can do a legendary pull too.

Malmorian

My 10 pack gave me
x4 usable 2* covers for champs
x3 3* covers for champs
X1 blue 4* HB (almost fully covered now)
x2 mandatory Moonstones

Not bad!

zulux21

My 10 pack gave me
x4 usable 2* covers for champs
x3 3* covers for champs
X1 blue 4* HB (almost fully covered now)
x2 mandatory Moonstones

Not bad!

you should just champ moonstone :p

after updating on steam just got a sorry we sucked up that last patch
here have 250hp and 2500 iso

Malmorian

you should just champ moonstone :p

after updating on steam just got a sorry we sucked up that last patch
here have 250hp and 2500 iso

Honestly, I keep meaning to but then I'll pull a 4* I don't have cover for and she gets dropped. Her and Bullseye I've never champed, even thought BW and Daken are on their 3rd champ streak

Triz

2 20CP tokens redeemed, pulled a Chulk which I deleted even after his buff, and my 5th Silver Surfer cover which took him to 330.

Spoit

Ugh, even in s4, with multiple people in my bracket crossing 2k, there are no points out there after 900. The best I can find was a OML/Phoenix @33

Triz

Just sold silver surfer. Boosting him to 330 had me fighting nothing but almost maxed 5 star teams. Got 4K gold because of the buff he just had.

Spoit

Just sold silver surfer. Boosting him to 330 had me fighting nothing but almost maxed 5 star teams. Got 4K gold because of the buff he just had.

Yeah, I was going to say that raising him like that was pretty risky. But I was too lazy to look up what the rest of your roster was like

meh my iceman token was an xforce.

My level 70 Iceman came through again!

That having been said, I'm sitting on 8 legendary tokens and 56 CP.

I've dumped a ton of ISO into champing almost all of my remaining 3 stars (Ock,Bullseye & Colossus are the final holdouts) so I'm down to 540k. I hate throwing away any 4 star covers and I'm worried that I'll end up pulling IW or Fury covers which I have maxed. I'll end up champing both and that would be a waste. I know it would be a waste but I also know I won't be able to discard the covers....decisions....

Dalek

My level 70 Iceman came through again!

That having been said, I'm sitting on 8 legendary tokens and 56 CP.

I've dumped a ton of ISO into champing almost all of my remaining 3 stars (Ock,Bullseye & Colossus are the final holdouts) so I'm down to 540k. I hate throwing away any 4 star covers and I'm worried that I'll end up pulling IW or Fury covers which I have maxed. I'll end up champing both and that would be a waste. I know it would be a waste but I also know I won't be able to discard the covers....decisions....
I'm going through the same turmoil now. I just got Red Hulk to 270 and I'm going to Champion him. But now I have to decide who's next: Invisible Woman, Star-Lord, Nick Fury, Kingpin, Mr. Fantastic or Thing. All are fully covered and I would hate to throw away a cover.

I'm going through the same turmoil now. I just got Red Hulk to 270 and I'm going to Champion him. But now I have to decide who's next: Invisible Woman, Star-Lord, Nick Fury, Kingpin, Mr. Fantastic or Thing. All are fully covered and I would hate to throw away a cover.

With six fully covered 4* characters you're in worse shape than me! I feel the pain.

zulux21

star-lord has data in the game for a character update.
if that helps at all :p

Top Bottom