• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

So how can someone in my slice already have a championed Devil Dinosaur at 273? Championing didn't go live until January of this yes and they haven't given out his covers since the second anniversary in Oct 2015.

zulux21

So how can someone in my slice already have a championed Devil Dinosaur at 273? Championing didn't go live until January of this yes and they haven't given out his covers since the second anniversary in Oct 2015.

idk.
you could report them :p

Dalek

ajyQWUm.jpg

With them being exactly 3 covers in, my guess would be that they covered him last anniversary and hit day 365 after that (which, IIRC, gives you 3 Devil Dino covers).

MiTYH

Well, Cho's working right. Knew I should have pushed to get it done sooner. Then I'd have... 2 blue Chos? Feels bad, I've already tossed him once before for someone better. I doubt I'll even roster him this time.

Triz

Well, Cho's working right. Knew I should have pushed to get it done sooner. Then I'd have... 2 blue Chos? Feels bad, I've already tossed him once before for someone better. I doubt I'll even roster him this time.

Ive tossed so many Cho covers I can't count...he's now on the roster with two covers.

Dalek

With them being exactly 3 covers in, my guess would be that they covered him last anniversary and hit day 365 after that (which, IIRC, gives you 3 Devil Dino covers).

You're a genius. It was puzzling me!!

So I got to pull another 5 star again this morning-my first Black Widow. Kind of sucks-yet another one cover 5 star. I'd like to have at least one viable 5 star character.

As it stands, now I have:

Old Man Logan 2/0/3
Iron Man 0/1/2
Hulk 2/1/0
Phoenix 1/1/1
Silver Surfer 1/0/1
Black Bolt 1/0/0
Black Widow 0/1/0
Spider-Man 0/1/0

Malmorian

So I got to pull another 5 star again this morning-my first Black Widow. Kind of sucks-yet another one cover 5 star. I'd like to have at least one viable 5 star character.

Old Man Logan 2/0/3
Iron Man 0/1/2
Hulk 2/1/0
Phoenix 1/1/1
Silver Surfer 1/0/1
Black Bolt 1/0/0
Black Widow 0/1/0
Spider-Man 0/1/0

I know your pain my friend, it's rough

zulux21

Old Man Logan 2/0/3
Iron Man 0/1/2
Hulk 2/1/0
Phoenix 1/1/1
Silver Surfer 1/0/1
Black Bolt 1/0/0
Black Widow 0/1/0
Spider-Man 0/1/0

really sucks your logan is missing the yellow.
I am 3/2/0 and mine is viable.

Malmorian

Why on earth is the Chulk event so long? 1 day per node?
On that note I wish we'd have more events that give a guaranteed 4*... But preferably a good one lol

zulux21

Yeah, I'd kill for more reds....but he'd die incredibly quickly without at least one yellow.

I would love one red, it would help him ramp up so much faster @_@

Why on earth is the Chulk event so long? 1 day per node?
On that note I wish we'd have more events that give a guaranteed 4*... But preferably a good one lol

because it's a bonus event run separate from everything else.

Triz

I just dumped 310K ISO to max out Kingpin. Now watch me pull the one cover for Red Hulk I need with no ISO no dump into him...

Dalek

I just dumped 310K ISO to max out Kingpin. Now watch me pull the one cover for Red Hulk I need with no ISO no dump into him...

Story of my life. I need 61,226 ISO in the next 8 days to Champion my Nick Fury. I'm hoping between possibly going up a Shield Rank and the double ISO for anniversary I can pull it off.

NineH

Story of my life. I need 61,226 ISO in the next 8 days to Champion my Nick Fury. I'm hoping between possibly going up a Shield Rank and the double ISO for anniversary I can pull it off.

In a pinch, couldn't you sell one of your maxed 2 stars? I think 8 days is more than enough for 60,000+ iso though but you always have the other option if you really needed it.

zulux21

given that i don't have the time to compete in the next PVE to get gwenpool I hope she stalks me like quake does.

she looks really fun and I can't wait to see what all 20+ cheat codes do.

I think I am just gonna save my CP until she is added to the tokens, currently have 30 so that is at least a start, but with the anniversary things not having shield levels it will be hard to collect much more for the next few weeks anyways.

I finally cashed in on 6 legendary tokens I've been sitting on.

I have 37 4* characters. That equates to 111 possible covers. Of those 37 characters only 10 powers are fully covered. 10 / 111.

Of course, 4 of my 6 pulls are of those 10 covers. This game hates me.

Dalek

I finally cashed in on 6 legendary tokens I've been sitting on.

I have 37 4* characters. That equates to 111 possible covers. Of those 37 characters only 10 powers are fully covered. 10 / 111.

Of course, 4 of my 6 pulls are of those 10 covers. This game hates me.

After Nick Fury, I'm considering championing Invisible Woman. I will never use her, but the sheer number of covers this game gives me for her pisses me off and I'd rather put them to use instead of a measly 1000 ISO.

After Nick Fury, I'm considering championing Invisible Woman. I will never use her, but the sheer number of covers this game gives me for her pisses me off and I'd rather put them to use instead of a measly 1000 ISO.

That's exactly the reason I've been champing all my bullsh*t 3* characters.I'll never use Bullseye and Colossus but eventually I'll get useable covers out of them.

I wonder if they're going to start slowing down on the 4* characters soon. They are at 38 and they stopped the 3* at 40.

MiTYH

Anniversary token vault looks sexy. 3 Legendary tokens, 9 Devil Dinos, bunch of decent 4-stars. Here's hoping for something good!

Also, is there any good time to use CP? I've got 60 burning a hole in my pocket, and I generally only pull the oldest ones (I have Silver Surfer, Jean Grey, Steve Rodgers, and 2 Green Goblin. Really want OML though)

Malmorian

That's exactly the reason I've been champing all my bullsh*t 3* characters.I'll never use Bullseye and Colossus but eventually I'll get useable covers out of them.

I wonder if they're going to start slowing down on the 4* characters soon. They are at 38 and they stopped the 3* at 40.

Just did that with Psylocke, she sucks but gives Deadpool covers so I went for it.

zulux21

because I have an extra slot, and buying the 10 pack won't make it so I can't buy a single anniversary token each day I went for it for the heck of it.

ideally I get the 2900 hp from it to cover the cost.

and I got...
devil dino red
devil dino purple
hawkeye
ares
2 star mags
moonstone
bullseye
2 star widow
2 star ms marvel
2 star wolverine

lame.
wanted one of the two wasp covers as well..
oh well ideally I get something good in the next so many daily and the couple other tokens I earn :p

my devil now
it's a shame he is getting nerfed instead of buffed :/

on the flip side it should be easier to clear the 2, yes 2 dead pool clash nodes during the anniversary with the new covers.

because I have an extra slot, and buying the 10 pack won't make it so I can't buy a single anniversary token each day I went for it for the heck of it.

ideally I get the 2900 hp from it to cover the cost.

and I got...
devil dino red
devil dino purple
hawkeye
ares
2 star mags
moonstone
bullseye
2 star widow
2 star ms marvel
2 star wolverine

lame.
wanted one of the two wasp covers as well..
oh well ideally I get something good in the next so many daily and the couple other tokens I earn :p

my devil now

it's a shame he is getting nerfed instead of buffed :/

on the flip side it should be easier to clear the 2, yes 2 dead pool clash nodes during the anniversary with the new covers.
I bought 10 and got 2 dinos, an electra red, and a couple of 3 stars

Triz

Just was given two Anniversary tokens for free. Pulled a 2* wolverine, and a legendary token.

Legendary gave me a green Carnage, twas the only color I dint have.

edit* Just pulled 10k ISO with a progression token.

Malmorian

Soooooo..apparently i didn't know how to play this game, it's been a day of revelation for me. Let me explain:

1- I had NO clue about Charged tiles. Seriously. I honestly thought they were only used with 4* Thor's red power, and couldn't understand why other characters had charged abilities except to maybe team up with her? Regardless, I never used her so I thought they were useless. Wow I was wrong.

2- LCap, Kamala and IM40 absolutely wreck shit

zulux21

Soooooo..apparently i didn't know how to play this game, it's been a day of revelation for me. Let me explain:

1- I had NO clue about Charged tiles. Seriously. I honestly thought they were only used with 4* Thor's red power, and couldn't understand why other characters had charged abilities except to maybe team up with her? Regardless, I never used her so I thought they were useless. Wow I was wrong.

2- LCap, Kamala and IM40 absolutely wreck shit

yup one of the best wave teams.

I also like im40+KK and 3 star mags as I hate team up tiles and it allows KK to turn more tiles to green easier.

Rags isn't bad either for the lightning rounds as his blue heals him and creates green strike tiles of KK.

Just was given two Anniversary tokens for free. Pulled a 2* wolverine, and a legendary token.

Legendary gave me a green Carnage, twas the only color I dint have.

edit* Just pulled 10k ISO with a progression token.

im still waiting for my free ones :/

I got a single free one :/
got a 2 star thor from it.
on the plus side. I got one from the friends event and got

zulux21

Dat free roster slot doe

to be fair I spent 2900 on anniversary tokens so I am still down 1900 :p

also really sad that the anniversary simulator doesn't have shield levels because it is garbage.
that being said I can get a single useful cover, luke cage, so I might as well do it if I have time.

So I'll be away from Friday until Monday, so that'll be 3 days away from MPQ. My girlfriend (who also plays on her own) might play a little bit for me (I'm on day 970ish compared to her day 100), but probably not all weekend. Just a heads up I'll be MIA this weekend, good ol' Canadian thanksgiving.

zulux21

So I'll be away from Friday until Monday, so that'll be 3 days away from MPQ. My girlfriend (who also plays on her own) might play a little bit for me (I'm on day 970ish compared to her day 100), but probably not all weekend. Just a heads up I'll be MIA this weekend, good ol' Canadian thanksgiving.

im going on vacation next week. as long as my little lap top doesn't die I should still log in, but I can't do much else.

sucks during the anniversary stuff hopefully the boss rush stuff goes the 15-17 as that is when I could maybe actually play :p

hmmm if I want the progression 10 pack I am gonna have to seriously grind the best friends event as I should be able to line it up, but I will need to shield... meh :p

MiTYH

T-minus 30 minutes until my slice ends for PVE Simulator. Looking okay at being in top 50, which is fine by me. If i had a slot for 2-star bullseye I might be a bit higher

EDIT: Nailed it. And Best Buds PVP started. It's an interesting take, only 2-member teams. I like it, and then, also, hate it

Dalek

good grief. The Best Friends event is tough. You can only choose two characters-and all my matchups are basically one 5 star and a 4 star. Like a maxed Old Man Logan with X23.

good grief. The Best Friends event is tough. You can only choose two characters-and all my matchups are basically one 5 star and a 4 star. Like a maxed Old Man Logan with X23.

I lucked into about 270 points against 12/15 teams before the big guys dropped.

Is there a spot in the alliance BTW? Or that alt one here? My friends generate like zilch and there's only 6 regs. I'm making a big Gold purchase Friday if you, I don't know, like Command Points. If Command Points are your thing.

Can someone recommend a good PVP team for the anniversary events (2v2 and 3v3)?

I have stayed away from PVP for the better part of this year so I really don't have a good handle on it.

I have a fully champed 3* roster and a 273 Hulkbuster. What are some good pairings?

I have stayed away from PVP for the better part of this year so I really don't have a good handle on it.

I have a fully champed 3* roster and a 273 Hulkbuster. What are some good pairings?

Wait like every single 3* you have is champed??

I exaggerated. Bullseye & Colossus are not, but the others are.

I really don't have a good handle on what teams are well composed. Aside from the Deadpool Daily I really haven't put much thought into teams lately.

Yeah I'm curious myself. I feel like there's no team that could overcome my disparity. My maxed 3s are my highest characs and they're 167 tops. I'm looking at 210, 220s. No way.

Malmorian

So here are some of my favs lately, in no particular order:

LDaken, Luke Cage and IF: Lots of strike tiles, LC's Red at 5/5 lays down dat sweet tile shield. IF is the king, so you imagine his attack tile + all the strike tiles you generate just mows teams down. Lastly, if after a few casdades or LDaken's Blue there are some survivors, unleash with IF's purple or LK's Black.

Winfinte. Google it.

IM40, LCap and Kamala Khan: Just discovered this myself the other day and it fucks teams up. Focus on yellow to get IM's Recharge off immediately and protect them. KK regens your team every time they fire a power, which keeps everyone alive. Once recharge goes off...LCap goes on a goddamned rampage of death and perma stuns, all of which regenerate your team.

Patch, Loki and LDaken/CMags/Cyc: Loki can shuffle the board, turn Patch's enemy strike tiles to shields and AP drain. Patch to tank, and wreck the team with his Green. Personally I like using LDaken because he tanks black and purple to protect Loki.

To add a few other strategies, there's Hulk-bombing, which is Patch/Hulk/3rd, where the idea is to put Hulk out in front after throwing one of Patch's powers, and the strike tiles hurt Hulk enough to trigger Anger each move so you get a lot of green and cascades. I actually like to use Loki on that team, so that I have a choice of either Hulkbombing or turning the Strike Tiles into Protect tiles.

I'm also a fan of going with Switch/Iron Fist/a black user, with Luke Cage being good fit here (I actually usually use OML as the third on this team, but I'm sticking to talking about 3* teams). Between Switch's Blue and IF's Purple, getting 12 black is easy, at which point you can decide to either keep it and use IF's purple for damage or double tap on Luke's Black. It's also a rainbow team (although Blue and Red are passives).

Oh, and since you have a 273 Hulkbuster, he and Iron Fist make a good combo as well.

And to save you a trip to Google, Winfinite is Professor X/Grey Suit Black Widow/Scarlet Witch. The trick is that you want to have 5 in PX's Blue, and he has to be at a lower level than GSBW (or more specifically, he has to be low enough that either GSBW or SW Pink is the strongest color on the team). You then use GSBW Pink to generate green match 5s, which automatically generate more pink via PX's blue, which lets you cast GSBW pink again, and so on. Once you get it started it's not uncommon for the opponent to never get another turn in.

Triz

I swear Im going to miss a Gwen pool cover by less than ten places. Look forward to the screenshot of the end of this tourney.

Top Bottom