• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Beat Jean Grey with Iceboy on my first try, despite my Iceboy not being super awesome. Got an X-23 cover, who is now 2/0/4.

Also got the final progression for the Heroic PvE, that CP earned me a Punisher cover. Not bad.

Spoit

I'm going through the same turmoil now. I just got Red Hulk to 270 and I'm going to Champion him. But now I have to decide who's next: Invisible Woman, Star-Lord, Nick Fury, Kingpin, Mr. Fantastic or Thing. All are fully covered and I would hate to throw away a cover.

I don't really regret championing Kingpin, his purple is pretty legit at pumping up yellow, and the black works pretty well with SW. I respeced between support and standalone builds fairly frequently with him.

But that said, if SL's new design is like the leaked one when I "quit" again like what, 3/4 of a year ago now? He might actually be worth it.

Malmorian

Had enough HP to buy a roster slot so I finally recruited f'n Moonstone...only to pull my 1st Peggy Carter who immediately replaced her lol

MiTYH

... how do I have an uneven amount of HP? I've got 705. I know I bought the recent bundle or $4.99 (780 HP), but where the heck did the 5 come from?

This stupid third fight in the Amadeus Cho event is fucking ridiculous.

It's three waves
, one character per wave: Hulk, She-Hulk, Red Hulk.

By the time I get to the third wave, my whole team gets killed in one shot. I brought Ant-Man (championed), Lady Thor and either OML or X-Force (championed) and I get wrecked by the end.

Unless this was a mistake by the dev team and it shouldn't actually be that hard, I'm not doing it. Fuck that shit.

DNF

It's three waves

By the time I get to the third wave, my whole team gets killed in one shot. I brought Ant-Man (championed), Lady Thor and either OML or X-Force (championed) and I get wrecked by the end.

Unless this was a mistake by the dev team and it shouldn't actually be that hard, I'm not doing it. Fuck that shit.

after my ~level170 rocket+kamala+cyclops team got obliterated, i won it with my ~level100 team of 2stars: storm+mag+obw in about 15minutes.

you need a stunner and basically try to never let them make a match, so that
red hulk
cant shoot his powers.

zulux21

it's all good

instead of giving you a random cover like it is supposed to it is auto-rostering the cover in a new slot.

ff6OFRJ.jpg

:/

It's three waves

it's actually a really easy node.

iceman or 1 star widow
scarlet witch
2 star mags

it will take a while, but you will stun lock the enemy and they can't do anything.

Spoit

It's three waves

Try switching xfarce out for someone actually useful, like IM40

It's three waves

To echo what everyone else has said, fights with one stunnable enemy means all you need to do is bring a well-fed stunner and they become really, really easy. So Switch works, IM40 + either Iceman, 2* Storm, 4Thor, Lazy Cap or even MBW or 3* Spidey works. Or, hell, you could probably do it with a 3/5/5 Cap Marvel and someone to use the red you generate from getting hit, though you'd have to be careful not to let them build up too much HP while hitting you.

Spoit

no... because iron man 40 was only added to the game recently.
there was oddly no 3 star iron man in the game before the current one with the awesome 6 costing battery move :p

Sure there was. If you kept him at only 2 yellow covers. I mean, he didn't give green that way, but it was pretty much as good as he is now for a red/blue battery

What's the best team for the next node Righteous Rivalry?

And is there any spots open in the GAF alliance? I'm getting tired of not getting my max bonus because not everyone plays every day like I do.

zulux21

What's the best team for the next node Righteous Rivalry?

And is there any spots open in the GAF alliance? I'm getting tired of not getting my max bonus because not everyone plays every day like I do.

I used iron man 40
Kamala Khan
3 star CAP

once you get off a charge from iron man 40 you can do AOE with KK and then use cap to stun lock all non goons and destroy goon tiles.

KK constantly heals any damage you take from cap doing his tile cycles and when you get enough yellow you can just recharge some more allowing you to even more quickly cycle cap and work towards more AOE from KK as she can also use purple to make more green for her AOE.

and sorry no currently open slots in gaf vengers. don't know about the other alliance.

I used iron man 40
Kamala Khan
3 star CAP

once you get off a charge from iron man 40 you can do AOE with KK and then use cap to stun lock all non goons and destroy goon tiles.

KK constantly heals any damage you take from cap doing his tile cycles and when you get enough yellow you can just recharge some more allowing you to even more quickly cycle cap and work towards more AOE from KK as she can also use purple to make more green for her AOE.

and sorry no currently open slots in gaf vengers. don't know about the other alliance.

Thanks for the tip, that made it really easy.

I need to utilize stun locking more.

zulux21

Thanks for the tip, that made it really easy.

I need to utilize stun locking more.

if you get things going just right you can be firing off like 3-4 cap powers a turn making goons trivial in general :p

just have to have to big recharges, where it goes off in between caps tiles so you can get 30 of each red and blue and can launch all of those power inbetween the other ones.

that team is an absolute beast in wave modes, but personally I have more enjoyment from mags as my third instead of cap as I hate looking at a ton of team up tiles :p

no... because iron man 40 was only added to the game recently.
there was oddly no 3 star iron man in the game before the current one with the awesome 6 costing battery move :p

IM40 was the first 3* I had fully covered - he's been in the game for quite a while actually.

His blue used to stun & his battery wasn't nearly as good (or as cheap) so most people didn't use him.

Malmorian

DO NOT FINISH THE CHO EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

instead of giving you a random cover like it is supposed to it is auto-rostering the cover in a new slot.

Didn't read this in time. So, now i have 2 slots of the worst cover in MPQ history? lolol

zulux21

IM40 was the first 3* I had fully covered - he's been in the game for quite a while actually.

His blue used to stun & his battery wasn't nearly as good (or as cheap) so most people didn't use him.

hmmm I guess my joke was to bad for you to get :(

When is the Anniversary?
The Anniversary starts at 7:00 AM EDT October 6th and ends at 3:00 AM EDT on October 17th.

Is there a Sale?
Yes! The sale runs from Midnight EDT on October 1st and ends at Midnight EDT on October 7th.

What events are running during the Anniversary?
There are four Versus events and three Story events running during the Anniversary. Versus events include new events like Best Friends Forever, Class of 2016 and Gwenpool’s featured event. Story events include the Simulator, Venom Bomb and a brand new event called Boss Rush. Here is a full schedule:

Versus Events
BEST FRIENDS FOREVER - Starts 8:00 PM EDT 10/6
RRRAAAWWWR! - Starts 8:00 AM EDT 10/9
CLASS OF 2016 - Starts 8:00 PM EDT 10/11
I CHOOSE YOU! - Starts 8:00 PM EDT 10/13
Story Events
The Simulator - Starts 7:00 AM EDT 10/6
Venom Bomb - Starts 7:00 AM EDT 10/9
Boss Rush - Starts 12:00 PM EDT 10/13

What is Boss Rush?
Boss Rush is a new type of boss event where the Boss Mission is a wave mission comprising three bosses. The bosses can either be existing bosses like Galactus and Ultron or brand new Boss-Versions of existing characters like Wolverine (Old Man Logan), Phoenix, Green Goblin and so on. Boss Rush is also different in that it has additional rewards for top performing Alliances and Alliance members.

I love Devil Dino, will he be back?
Not only is he coming back but he is also getting an overhaul in powers! Each of his powers has been reevaluated and has extra damage or tile destruction added.

Are any Characters coming out during the Anniversary?
You betcha! Gwenpool, a 4-Star Character, is making her debut on October 6th. She will be earnable to players who perform well during the Story event The Simulator. She’ll be in the Venom Bomb Vault afterwards. The last Versus event in the Anniversary is her featured event called I Choose You!

Gwenpool? Really?! What does she do?
She’s really cool. She has a power called Sploits! That involves entering cheats to do all sorts of devastating (or weird) stuff. She has a power that sends her teammates airborne (Why? to save them from taking damage!) and an ability that lets you shoot random enemies...as long as you get the gun.

How are the rewards this year?
We turned it up to 11 this year! All events have double Iso-8, are chock full of Anniversary tokens and other increased rewards!

What are the Anniversary tokens for?
The Anniversary Vault! The Anniversary vault is a 100 item vault that includes Legendary Tokens, Devil Dino Covers, 4-Stars and lots of Jackpot Hero Point and Iso-8 items!

Do I get any Tokens for free?
Yes, yes you do. Everyone will get a free Anniversary token as a thank you from us for another amazing year of Marvel Puzzle Quest!

Do Anniversary events have Clearance Levels?
No. Anniversary events do not have Clearance Levels.

a devil dino that might be usable eh?
also yay gwenpool. sad she isn't in the anniversary vault though, ideally we can get her in general as I want her.

I am likely going to miss her though since I am going to be on vacation :/

Dalek

Anniversary details:

Marvel Puzzle Quest fans - it's time to party!

Today, October 3rd, MPQ officially celebrates its 3-Year Anniversary! Thank you everyone, for continuing to make the game a great place to hang-out and play. We know you're excited to get some news about what's in store, so read on for first details...

When is the Anniversary?
The Anniversary starts at 7:00 AM EDT October 6th and ends at 3:00 AM EDT on October 17th.

Is there a Sale?
Yes! The sale runs from Midnight EDT on October 1st and ends at Midnight EDT on October 7th.

What events are running during the Anniversary?
There are four Versus events and three Story events running during the Anniversary. Versus events include new events like Best Friends Forever, Class of 2016 and Gwenpool’s featured event. Story events include the Simulator, Venom Bomb and a brand new event called Boss Rush. Here is a full schedule:

Versus Events
BEST FRIENDS FOREVER - Starts 8:00 PM EDT 10/6
RRRAAAWWWR! - Starts 8:00 AM EDT 10/9
CLASS OF 2016 - Starts 8:00 PM EDT 10/11
I CHOOSE YOU! - Starts 8:00 PM EDT 10/13
Story Events
The Simulator - Starts 7:00 AM EDT 10/6
Venom Bomb - Starts 7:00 AM EDT 10/9
Boss Rush - Starts 12:00 PM EDT 10/13

What is Boss Rush?
Boss Rush is a new type of boss event where the Boss Mission is a wave mission comprising three bosses. The bosses can either be existing bosses like Galactus and Ultron or brand new Boss-Versions of existing characters like Wolverine (Old Man Logan), Phoenix, Green Goblin and so on. Boss Rush is also different in that it has additional rewards for top performing Alliances and Alliance members.

I love Devil Dino, will he be back?
Not only is he coming back but he is also getting an overhaul in powers! Each of his powers has been reevaluated and has extra damage or tile destruction added.

Are any Characters coming out during the Anniversary?
You betcha! Gwenpool, a 4-Star Character, is making her debut on October 6th. She will be earnable to players who perform well during the Story event The Simulator. She’ll be in the Venom Bomb Vault afterwards. The last Versus event in the Anniversary is her featured event called I Choose You!

Gwenpool? Really?! What does she do?
She’s really cool. She has a power called Sploits! That involves entering cheats to do all sorts of devastating (or weird) stuff. She has a power that sends her teammates airborne (Why? to save them from taking damage!) and an ability that lets you shoot random enemies...as long as you get the gun.

How are the rewards this year?
We turned it up to 11 this year! All events have double Iso-8, are chock full of Anniversary tokens and other increased rewards!

What are the Anniversary tokens for?
The Anniversary Vault! The Anniversary vault is a 100 item vault that includes Legendary Tokens, Devil Dino Covers, 4-Stars and lots of Jackpot Hero Point and Iso-8 items!

Do I get any Tokens for free?
Yes, yes you do. Everyone will get a free Anniversary token as a thank you from us for another amazing year of Marvel Puzzle Quest!

Do Anniversary events have Clearance Levels?
No. Anniversary events do not have Clearance Levels.

zulux21

Anniversary details:

your post looks a lot like mine :3

also I just want to note, shield clearence levels have gotten me to play pvp again.

getting to 575 points isn't to hard and the 10CP for it is worth the time and effort I've actually pulled like 6 4 stars in the last week thanks to hitting partial progression on both pvp and pve (where pve I am just doing the two nodes that give CP fully as those plus just a little more is getting me close to the 4 star cover progression in general.)

Dalek

your post looks a lot like mine :3

also I just want to note, shield clearence levels have gotten me to play pvp again.

getting to 575 points isn't to hard and the 10CP for it is worth the time and effort I've actually pulled like 6 4 stars in the last week thanks to hitting partial progression on both pvp and pve (where pve I am just doing the two nodes that give CP fully as those plus just a little more is getting me close to the 4 star cover progression in general.)

bah-I didn't refresh the page before posting.

And yes-I try to get to 575 as well. 10 points is nothing to sneeze at.

DO NOT FINISH THE CHO EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I was pretty confused when I got it and he forced a slot onto my roster when I didn't even have room for him.

Guess I'll take the stealth bonus HP!

Edit: LOL, nevermind. Just bought a new slot, and it and didn't get a new roster spot for it. Guess they just fronted me the spot until I paid for it.

zulux21

Yeah, I was pretty confused when I got it and he forced a slot onto my roster when I didn't even have room for him.

Guess I'll take the stealth bonus HP!

Edit: LOL, nevermind. Just bought a new slot, and it and didn't get a new roster spot for it. Guess they just fronted me the spot until I paid for it.

yup :p

anyways... the heroic event surprisingly doesn't have a completely trash tier roster.
trash tier featured 4 star, but boosted daken, mags, quake and 2 star widow isn't horrible :p

also you have 2/3rds of wininfinite with SW and prof x. just not sure what you would want to do as the third character. perhaps 2 star ms marvel as if you spam her yellow move twice you are likely to get a 5 match?

though at least for the first starlord node quake is going to make it stupid easy.

goon that does AOE
sentry that does AOE
nerfed juggs.

shouldn't be bad at all I will just focus on juggs while everything else does very little damage.
heck if i include mags I could also just put up shields as well for when the damage goes up :p

zulux21

I can't wait to Champion my Devil Dinosaur. ;)

I wonder if the revamp will be a Moon Girl/Devil Dinosaur character.

i am hoping that the green and red moves become unique.

both upped in damage but perhaps the red is a chomp that does high initial damage and some board destroy, while the green is like a roar that works kind of like sonic boom where it does okay AOE right away stunning the target, and then puts a timer on the board that does it again later as the roar is so might it comes back again :p

aka I just hope he is fun and somewhat useful.

Dalek

When was Galactus a boss?

I been away too long lol

He was the boss for the 2ns anniversary event. This was when he was nearly impossible to make progress against and the developers responded with "you are supposed to lose."

If you didn't kill Galactus in three moves he wiped out your team.

Three moves.

zulux21

gwenpool sounds fun

(purple)Damage - 9 AP - Destroy rows, columns or target special tiles and cause damage.

(black)Special Tiles - 0 AP - (PASSIVE) Create special tiles but send your allies airborne.

(green)Damage - 9 AP - Match a special tile to transform this power and deal damage randomly to the enemy team.

i am hoping that the green and red moves become unique.

both upped in damage but perhaps the red is a chomp that does high initial damage and some board destroy, while the green is like a roar that works kind of like sonic boom where it does okay AOE right away stunning the target, and then puts a timer on the board that does it again later as the roar is so might it comes back again :p

aka I just hope he is fun and somewhat useful.

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a...r-update-devil-dinosaur-october-3rd-2016&l=en

Red got increased damaged (and increased cost to 10AP).

Green got random tile destruction.

Purple only swaps 2 tiles, it looks like, and does some damage, and now costs 6AP.

I will admit I never really knew about stunlocking. Wow. That shit is broken. I beat that third fight, the one that was giving my nightmares, so incredibly easily. Thanks guys.

Triz

I will admit I never really knew about stunlocking. Wow. That shit is broken. I beat that third fight, the one that was giving my nightmares, so incredibly easily. Thanks guys.

Its why Ice man is so powerful as a four star his blue stuns for 4 turns i think for like 6 blue.

Spoit

Its why Ice man is so powerful as a four star his blue stuns for 4 turns i think for like 6 blue.

I mean, the 8k punch is pretty good too. Better AP efficiency than HB's even counting the set up. And it's one of the stronger green AoEs too, after rulk's

zulux21

It's fixed. Mine worked right.

quite frankly I am glad it was broken.

my cho is currently 3/1/0

my random cover was a green
and progression for the current PVE is a green
so he would have been
5/1/0

I would much rather have a 4/2/0 for less odds of needing to sell one of his covers.

Top Bottom