• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

im being reminded why i hate pvp.

no attacks for 60 minutes. slowly crawling up trying to stay up there until 8 hours left so i can shield.

do a match.
see i lost 200 points :/

edit: two matches later, I lose 100 points per match.

in 10 minutes i have lost 400 points and gained only 70 :/

another match.
another 100 lost :/

@#$&*#@)&$#@)($#(@&$#@(&$

at 897 with no attacks after match.
buys shield as fast as possible.
as soon as i finish buying shield
YOU LOST 90 points FUCK YOU HA HA HA HA HA as you got hit 5 times in the 2 seconds it took to buy a shield.

-_-

I lucked into about 270 points against 12/15 teams before the big guys dropped.

Is there a spot in the alliance BTW? Or that alt one here? My friends generate like zilch and there's only 6 regs. I'm making a big Gold purchase Friday if you, I don't know, like Command Points. If Command Points are your thing.
S.H.E.E.P. is full at the moment.

And to save you a trip to Google, Winfinite is Professor X/Grey Suit Black Widow/Scarlet Witch. The trick is that you want to have 5 in PX's Blue, and he has to be at a lower level than GSBW (or more specifically, he has to be low enough that either GSBW or SW Pink is the strongest color on the team). You then use GSBW Pink to generate green match 5s, which automatically generate more pink via PX's blue, which lets you cast GSBW pink again, and so on. Once you get it started it's not uncommon for the opponent to never get another turn in.

Thanks! Even with my level 70 5/1/0 Prof that worked really well!

Anybody else having problems with the Deadpool Daily today? It seems to be perpetually trying to "access shield servers".

Malmorian

Beat Squirrel and pulled a Blue Prof-X, maxing his blue now, and got a Yellow Star Lord from the CP making him 1/3/1. God if only SL was kinda useful :/

zulux21

Beat Squirrel and pulled a Blue Prof-X, maxing his blue now, and got a Yellow Star Lord from the CP making him 1/3/1. God if only SL was kinda useful :/

beat her, but didn't open mine.
I am sitting on 4 legendary tokens and like 45 cp right now because I don't want to open anything until gwenpool is available from them.

I am still locked out of today's DD. Weird.

And thanks again for the winfinite explanation. I literally spent a half hour and got to 800 pts in the simulator.

brickface

Still locked out? Mine came on about an hour after it was supposed to. Somehow kicked Squirrel Girl's ass with my 1/2/1 Devil Dinosaur

Still locked out? Mine came on about an hour after it was supposed to. Somehow kicked Squirrel Girl's ass with my 1/2/1 Devil Dinosaur

...and it just unlocked. My 2/4/3 worked. My last round of useless legendary pulls was frustrating so I will sit on the next few tokens for a while.

I am still locked out of today's DD. Weird.

And thanks again for the winfinite explanation. I literally spent a half hour and got to 800 pts in the simulator.

The only issue with that team is that it's squishy on defense (take PX out and the whole thing falls apart), but with the new changes to how they calculate defensive teams that may not matter as much anymore.

Spoit

Wow, DD is terrible now. I still can't believe they wanted to nerf him even more. Thankfully, this SG was even weaker.

Spoit

I guess all that not playing PvE worked out, I was able to luck into a newbie bracket and get top 2 easily by just depleting the single day's worth of nodes. I just need to not play PvP more, so that will reset before the rulk or x23 covers rotate again.

Championed Doom this past weekend, and now I have a completed Red Hulk with a cover waiting. So he's my next Champion target.

Also got a cover for X-23, Spider-Woman and Black Bolt, so it's been a good couple of days.

Dalek

I really need to Horde my CP and LTs until I have all my possible 4 stars championed. But I just demand immediate gratification and have no willpower to wait.

Triz

Ive pulled 3 Devil Dinosaur covers and a legendary token from the anniversary vault with about 22 tokens redeemed. Id say thats a decent haul. Not that Id dump a ton of ISO into DD...

Dalek

I haven't gotten one DD token yet-I'm really surprised because last year I got a ton. 19 tokens used and not one Devil.

brickface

I got one Devil Dinosaur so far. Some jammy bastard in the alliance I'm in got the 2,900 Hero Point card in the Anniversary. That'd be like three or four roster slots for me, really hope I get it at some point

MiTYH

Anniversary Vault hasn't been kind. Bunch of 3-stars using to increase champ levels, nothing else.

Venom bomb however, just cashed in one token, got the legendary token. Wound up getting my 5th HB Red, which is nice

Triz

I championed Colossus today leaving only Sentry and Ragnorok as the lone unchamped 3 stars. Pulled a black 5 star Hulk cover.

MiTYH

So how is Moon Knight? Just pulled his black, but I've also got two SpiderGwen copies in the wings I was planning on recruiting. I have dumped a SpiderGwen before so I was only doing it to roster the unit, but I'm not sure if the Moon Knight isn't a better investment?

Triz

So how is Moon Knight? Just pulled his black, but I've also got two SpiderGwen copies in the wings I was planning on recruiting. I have dumped a SpiderGwen before so I was only doing it to roster the unit, but I'm not sure if the Moon Knight isn't a better investment?

When I fight against him in the events at full level he can one shot my strongest character with I think his green or purple not sure which it was.

Just checked it was Green. Does almost 13k damage.

MiTYH

When I fight against him in the events at full level he can one shot my strongest character with I think his green or purple not sure which it was.

Just checked it was Green. Does almost 13k damage.

Wow, that's insane. Alright, guess I'll roster him instead.

In other news, I've gotten about 3 Mystique covers this week. So, guess it's time to try and champ her. Need about 50k iso and I'm not near a shield rank yet, so here's to iso farming!

Wow, that's insane. Alright, guess I'll roster him instead.

In other news, I've gotten about 3 Mystique covers this week. So, guess it's time to try and champ her. Need about 50k iso and I'm not near a shield rank yet, so here's to iso farming!

Now that I'm playing on the reg again, I've been in the same boat for two characs. I had two BW covers so I wanted to champ her. I needed like 65k and was sweating. I got her champed with 10 days left.

This game kind of fucking rules now.

Although the last node on Deadpool Daily used two of my 2* champed regulars. Literally couldn't fucking finish it. Dark day.

MiTYH

Although the last node on Deadpool Daily used two of my 2* champed regulars. Literally couldn't fucking finish it. Dark day.

How many 2* do you have? I'm down to 4 (OBW, Storm, Magneto, Wolverine) and only once so far did I get forced to use two of them in a battle. Sadly my 1-star is Iron man instead of Jug, but I don't have the iso to spare to remake a 1-star

I use iron man for the 1 star fight and never have any problem.

I thought so too until I switched to Juggs last year. He's much faster at clearing out that node.

So I've been having a blast with this (lttp) Winfinite combo.

At level 70 though, the professor is a bit too squishy. What can I level him to without taking priority away from WIdow on the purples?

How many 2* do you have? I'm down to 4 (OBW, Storm, Magneto, Wolverine) and only once so far did I get forced to use two of them in a battle. Sadly my 1-star is Iron man instead of Jug, but I don't have the iso to spare to remake a 1-star

I have all of them but have only champed 3...

I have all of them but have only champed 3...

I have Thor, OBW, Storm max champed. They're my Deadpool Daily mains. When they need to be swapped out they get replaced by Ares/Wolvie who are also max champed. Aside from that though, the roster space is way better used by higher tier characters.

The downside is that periodically 2* Hawkeye, Mags or Moonstone may be required for a PvE node and I won't be able to do it.

I have Thor, OBW, Storm max champed. They're my Deadpool Daily mains. When they need to be swapped out they get replaced by Ares/Wolvie who are also max champed. Aside from that though, the roster space is way better used by higher tier characters.

The downside is that periodically 2* Hawkeye, Mags or Moonstone may be required for a PvE node and I won't be able to do it.

That possibility just runs chills down my spine.

I thought so too until I switched to Juggs last year. He's much faster at clearing out that node.

At level 70 though, the professor is a bit too squishy. What can I level him to without taking priority away from WIdow on the purples?
Yes, it works fine as long as GSBW and SW are higher

That possibility just runs chills down my spine.

I feel you, but this isn't the same "raise everybody to the same level" game it once was. I have 93 slots,

1* - 1
2* - 5

The rest are all 3, 4 & 5. There's no way I can afford to keep a full pre 3* roster on file. It'd just be way too expensive to keep buying HP. Coming to terms with this approach was easier than kissing higher level covers goodbye when I didn't have space.

What you want to watch is to make sure his Blue (his strongest color) doesn't overtake Widow's Pink. I want to say that for a champed widow, this is somewhere between 140 and 150, but I'd just level him to 120, see where you're at, and increase level by level after that until you're still 1 less.

What you want to watch is to make sure his Blue (his strongest color) doesn't overtake Widow's Pink. I want to say that for a champed widow, this is somewhere between 140 and 150, but I'd just level him to 120, see where you're at, and increase level by level after that until you're still 1 less.

Oh right, of course...then blue would be the strongest and he'd generate it. Thanks!

At lvl 182 GSBW's purple does 81, and at lvl 70 PX's blue only does 42. I'll stat playing with this......

Malmorian

Just found a really interesting exploit you can use if the enemy is using Green Goblin:

Was fighting and he used his passive to Fortify one of his tiles, but then I used LCap's blue to replace that tile...and it stayed fortified! AI tried to match it away but the jokes on them as IM40/LCap/KK just annihilated them lol

Blank!

The 2* are usually a progression bonus, and fairly early too. You don't need a max covered 2* if you're in 3/4 land to beat those nodes anyway... just 1 empty roster space to plop it during the event, then sell it off after.

Oh right, of course...then blue would be the strongest and he'd generate it. Thanks!

At lvl 182 GSBW's purple does 81, and at lvl 70 PX's blue only does 42. I'll stat playing with this......

Two things I should say:

The first is make sure you stay below, as ties aren't entirely predictable.

The second is to decide whether or not you want to be able to use this team even when Professor X is boosted.

zulux21

I feel you, but this isn't the same "raise everybody to the same level" game it once was. I have 93 slots,

1* - 1
2* - 5

The rest are all 3, 4 & 5. There's no way I can afford to keep a full pre 3* roster on file. It'd just be way too expensive to keep buying HP. Coming to terms with this approach was easier than kissing higher level covers goodbye when I didn't have space.

i have all the two stars champed :p
i am at 100 slots right now

Malmorian

I just pulled the 2900 HP, question is to I use my HP on the anniversary 10-pack or the Class of 2016? I'm close to winning the 10-pack through PvP tbh

1* - 1
2* - 5

I'm definitely leaning that way, but don't you want at least 3-5 1 and 2*s (each) for Deadpool Daily?

Top Bottom