• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

I got Devil Dinosaur fully covered and leveled. I'll just need another cover to Champion him-but I don't know if that's possible considering the piss poor luck I've had with RNG and Anniversary tokens.

MiTYH

BOSS RUSH IS LIVE!

First round seems to be VS Ultron, Cap America, and Iron Man, and it seems to stay like this at least for the round (faced them twice so far). Tactics are just like their respective events. Very easy now thanks to the low health (I think Iron man had 6k?) but I fear for later rounds. Especially cap, because you first Ultron first, he carries over that AP and just unleases abilities on his first try. But like his event, if you KO him, the others go down too

EDIT: Second round is Bruce Banner, Iron Man, and Ultron.

Require characters are Wasp, Winter Soldier, Kingpin, Doom, and one other I forget. I had 4/5 (no wasp) so I'm done for a bit

Triz

Finished of shield simulator and got Luke Cage. If it was 800 every time I'd spend more time in it. Also pulled another legendary token from the anniversary today and got purple hulk 5*. I now have all his colors.

Spoit

Yeah, this boss rush is getting pretty dumb. And we don't really have that much participation. Maybe we should just kinda skip it?

Yeah, this boss rush is getting pretty dumb. And we don't really have that much participation. Maybe we should just kinda skip it?

I'm not skipping. I want Peggy covers. I should be able to make it through Round 4 after the next refresh, and then it's just whether or not they adjust it (I know they probably won't, but I'll hope), or if I can find a team that works decently enough for Rounds 5 and 6.

Spoit

I'm not skipping. I want Peggy covers. I should be able to make it through Round 4 after the next refresh, and then it's just whether or not they adjust it (I know they probably won't, but I'll hope), or if I can find a team that works decently enough for Rounds 5 and 6.

I dunno, we just crossed over into round 2 right? And the bosses (by which I mean mostly ultron) are individually probably about as strong as they were in round 4 or 5 of their events. And then you have the overflow AP (freaking hulk)

I dunno, we just crossed over into round 2 right? And the bosses (by which I mean mostly ultron) are individually probably about as strong as they were in round 4 or 5 of their events. And then you have the overflow AP (freaking hulk)

Even though this is a boss event, the rounds aren't alliance based. Each round is only based on your points, so you can decide to or not to play and it doesn't affect anyone else. The only alliance portion of this comes from the fact that there's awards for alliance ranking in this event (which usually doesn't happen in boss events). Right now, this is basically just an unnecessarily hard PvE event with slightly better rewards, I think.

NineH

This boss event is so disheartening. I'm at round 5 right now and each boss fight means death for the 3 characters I enter. I'm not wasting health packs on this event since it seems that was their goal. If I get a Peggy, great and I won't stress over it if I don't.

Dalek

This boss event is so disheartening. I'm at round 5 right now and each boss fight means death for the 3 characters I enter. I'm not wasting health packs on this event since it seems that was their goal. If I get a Peggy, great and I won't stress over it if I don't.

Yeah I pretty much give up. Glad it won't be affecting anyone else. This whole Anniversary has sucked.

Malmorian

Having decent luck with bosses using OML, Hulk and LThor if ppl are looking for decent team ups...but it's making me wish I hadn't blown 20+ health packs in PvP.

Finally got my 10-pack Anniversary...mostly hot garbage like DD covers I already have, Star Lord and some usable 2*'s

I think my plan once I get to round 5 will be to use a team good for taking out the first boss and then back out immediately after. It'll give me enough points to feel like progress, and I'll end up using less health packs (hopefully).

Spoit

Even though this is a boss event, the rounds aren't alliance based. Each round is only based on your points, so you can decide to or not to play and it doesn't affect anyone else. The only alliance portion of this comes from the fact that there's awards for alliance ranking in this event (which usually doesn't happen in boss events). Right now, this is basically just an unnecessarily hard PvE event with slightly better rewards, I think.

Ah good to know. Yeah, I'm not going to bother then

Ok
Newbie question (its all relative)
I just maxed out my 2* magneto to 144, I have a 2* bullseye and thor nearly maxed with a 2* ares halfway there
Recently championed Groot and 3 star Magneto, working on collecting Iceman covers
Should I sell my magneto?

Dalek

Ok
I just maxed out my 2* magneto to 144, I have a 2* bullseye and thor nearly maxed with a 2* ares halfway there
Recently championed Groot and 3 star Magneto, working on collecting Iceman covers

No definitely keep him. I use him for the Deadpool Daily Quest every day.

Ok

If you really feel like you need the ISO, since he's already max champed, build a dupe Magneto first. His best use once you start champing 3 stars is as a battery anyway, and he does that just as well at level 15 as he does at level 144.

And if anyone is actually attempting this Boss Rush event, a 3 star team of 3/5/5 Hulk, 5/5/3 MoStorm, and 5/5/3 KK is working very well for me. The idea is cast Storm green and yellow as much as possible to heal whatever damage you take, use KK purple for more green, and put Hulk out in front to generate even more green. And if you can grab some powerful teamups, even better (because you'll get a lot of teamup AP from Storm's yellow). It just got me through round 4, and I'm thinking it will take me through round 5 as well (probably with a few wipes, though).

So D3/Demi have finally responded to the forum furor over the difficulty, and it's basically just "Maybe we'll tune it down a little next time. Good Luck." Which isn't a shock.

I just saw that. Unreal.

Honestly, tuning down the difficulty in the middle of the event isn't really an option either, as it's unfair to basically everyone who started the event already. They were going to have to ride this specific event out, but the complete lack of anything resembling a "we recognize that this is too hard, we're sorry" is going to piss off a lot of people.

Spoit

You want to know what's really entitled? Sending dumb 1 cover 4/5* people as a TU just because you get more rank up exp for it. If the person wanted crap, they'd just use whatever random junk falls into their lap from matches

zulux21

im glad to get back from vacation and see it wasn't just me that thought the boss rush was a let down.

i was excited for it, but the prizes vs the effort just seem sad.

You want to know what's really entitled? Sending dumb 1 cover 4/5* people as a TU just because you get more rank up exp for it. If the person wanted crap, they'd just use whatever random junk falls into their lap from matches

The only 1 cover 5* I send intentionally is Goblin, and that's because I think it's still a useful team-up at 1 cover (my GG is 0/1/1, so I think it should be sending pink when I do it).

I think something more entitled is acting frustrated and ascribing motive when people send team ups.

The last person requested xfw and chulk so I sent them. Neither are fully covered but I sent what I have.

It isn't like the three xp (or whatever) makes that much of a difference.

Malmorian

Fuuuuuuuuck this Boss Rush. Even if I get lucky and GG doesn't completely wreck my team, ( Goblin King is SO op with henchmen ) *if* I live to round 3, OML is waiting with tons of AP to spend and kills anyone foolish enough to still be alive.

Great concept, horrible execution in my mind.

MiTYH

Finally champd mystique (had like 4 covers from DDQ, taco token, and others), and got a blue 5-star hulk! Not the best color, but hey, 5 star is a 5star

Spoit

I think something more entitled is acting frustrated and ascribing motive when people send team ups.

The last person requested xfw and chulk so I sent them. Neither are fully covered but I sent what I have.

It isn't like the three xp (or whatever) makes that much of a difference.

It was because someone had like a 5 line rant when I asked for widow TUs

zulux21

Finally champd mystique (had like 4 covers from DDQ, taco token, and others), and got a blue 5-star hulk! Not the best color, but hey, 5 star is a 5star

just did her this morning since she eventually gives iceman covers.

I didn't get anything though as i am stocking up until gwenpool gets added to the legendary tokens.

7WTaFsP.jpg

i don't that is to bad since i have only been stockpiling for the last week :p

So, something interesting I've noticed about Boss Rush. My bosses haven't actually gone up in strength that much since about Round 4. I want to say they were around 320-330 there, and right now I'm looking at Round 7 and they're only at 369. I know part of this is probably that I'm sitting on a mainly 3 star roster, but this flies counter to how the scaling works on ever other boss event as well.

Good news it that this means my MoStorm/KK/Hulk team will still work,and if the levels don't increase too much, should even work for Round 8. So I might actually finish this thing.

NineH

So, something interesting I've noticed about Boss Rush. My bosses haven't actually gone up in strength that much since about Round 4. I want to say they were around 320-330 there, and right now I'm looking at Round 7 and they're only at 369. I know part of this is probably that I'm sitting on a mainly 3 star roster, but this flies counter to how the scaling works on ever other boss event as well.

Good news it that this means my MoStorm/KK/Hulk team will still work,and if the levels don't increase too much, should even work for Round 8. So I might actually finish this thing.

Looks like you and I are the only ones going for Peggys in gafvengers. As for scaling, I have a 4 star roster and the bosses are at level 420 at Round 7 so the scaling seems holding steady, although the bosses having over 50,000 hp is a bitch though. Only Winfinite and the storm/kk/hulk teams are the only ones that seem to work.

It was because someone had like a 5 line rant when I asked for widow TUs

Hey man, I got you. A while back I made a few OBW and MBW dupes to send as TUs so I enjoy having them being put to use.

zulux21

Looks like you and I are the only ones going for Peggys in gafvengers. As for scaling, I have a 4 star roster and the bosses are at level 420 at Round 7 so the scaling seems holding steady, although the bosses having over 50,000 hp is a bitch though. Only Winfinite and the storm/kk/hulk teams are the only ones that seem to work.

Hey man, I got you. A while back I made a few OBW and MBW dupes to send as TUs so I enjoy having them being put to use.

if i wasn't busy for vacation I might have gone for her.
especially since mine isn't that horrible off right now and getting those covers might have made her usable

but I couldn't be bothered.

NineH

Well, I think that's it for me with the Boss Rush. I was able to power through getting 2 Peggys but to get the last yellow Peggy I would need another 700,000 points in under a day. That seems pretty preposterous since getting rewards 1-7 needed 700,000 points
already so to get her best cover, you need to double your score. Considering I wipe out 9/10 times on the bosses, I think 2 covers are good enough.

if i wasn't busy for vacation I might have gone for her.

Considering the tepid response this event has had from the community, I think a lot of folks took a vacation from MPQ thanks to this botched event.

Blank!

Considering the tepid response this event has had from the community, I think a lot of folks took a vacation from MPQ thanks to this botched event.

As a 2* player going into 3*, I wish I didn't listen to the negativity. The scaling (so far) has been perfect but I jumped in late into boss rush. Currently on wave 6 for the first peggy cover and I haven't had *that* much trouble downing bosses with Dr. Doom/Ares/2* Magneto. 15K-17K health each. I'm hoping I can grind through to at least get 1 peggy cover for the next PvE, but I also have to finish off PvP for the 10 pack which is more important :( Looks like a lot of points to rank up and I think wave 6 has a phoenix or hulk who are bitches to fight.

As a 2* player going into 3*, I wish I didn't listen to the negativity. The scaling (so far) has been perfect but I jumped in late into boss rush. Currently on wave 6 for the first peggy cover and I haven't had *that* much trouble downing bosses with Dr. Doom/Ares/2* Magneto. 15K-17K health each. I'm hoping I can grind through to at least get 1 peggy cover for the next PvE, but I also have to finish off PvP for the 10 pack which is more important :( Looks like a lot of points to rank up and I think wave 6 has a phoenix or hulk who are bitches to fight.
This is one of the rare events where lower level players actually have it much easier. Enjoy it while you can. People are mad because it isn't an alliance event like everyone expected and the scaling makes it impossible for most players after a certain point. Also, except for Peggy, the rewards suck.

Well, I think that's it for me with the Boss Rush. I was able to power through getting 2 Peggys but to get the last yellow Peggy I would need another 700,000 points in under a day. That seems pretty preposterous since getting rewards 1-7 needed 700,000 points
already so to get her best cover, you need to double your score. Considering I wipe out 9/10 times on the bosses, I think 2 covers are good enough.

The bosses are worth 90K points this round, so it's basically beating the bosses fully 8 times (with 10 tries left). I can't decide if I'm going to go for it, because if I can beat Phoenix I can get through Surfer and Galactus easily, but beating Phoenix is a 50/50 proposition at best (it's just too hard to deny red without any AP built up, and if she gets a match 5 that's almost an immediate game over). Making it to round 8 is fine by me, right now my only disappointment is that I wanted to finish in second place instead of 1st in the alliance (I'd rather have the 3 heroics than the one storm cover).

Top Bottom