• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

MiTYH

Bah, disappointing 10-pack for PVP.

All ISO and 2s, with one 3-star magneto and one 4-star wolverine. I needed the cover and the mags was already champed, but still, I could have used a Dino or something too

Boss rush is so bad it crashed in the middle of the fight.

Man, they make them so overpowered for little rewards. Probably the first "boss" event where I feel like I've wasted my time.

I quit on Boss Rush this afternoon. Beating Phoenix with a 3 star team was too much of a crapshoot for me to think I could do it 8 out of 10 times, and without the possibility of another Peggy cover there was no reason for me to keep going.

So I went to PvP and earned by Anniversary 10 pack, which got me the third legendary in the vault, about 6 3* levels, and the 10000 ISO prize.

Now my question is that I'd always planned on buying another 10 pack, but should I reset the vault before I do? I have 4 Dino covers and 3 other 4 star covers (Cho Blue, Sam Yellow [which I have zero of right now] and Nova Red [which I have one of right now]). I should earn 2 more tokens for season placement, and there's still one daily deal single token left, so I guess I should wait until I pull those to make sure.

zulux21

so I am down to 11 3 stars to champ.
and I have the iso for one more.

so I need to figure out the order I want to do them in.
Gamora or psylocke is likely next since I already have covers.

but 3 stars I have left to champ and who they eventually give
Gamora -> starlord
Psylocke -> deadpool
Squirel Girl -> ant man (useless for me)
spiderman -> miles
she hulk -> the hulk (totally awesome)
daredevil -> elektra
colosuss -> xforce (useless for me)
doctor doom -> invisble woman
sentry -> red hulk
loki ->Venom
punisher ->elektra

After I finish those I will then have to decide who I want to work on in 4 star land.
x23 is likely the top person but she doesn't play well with the teams I use.
I have xforce and ant man fully covered as well.
quake is close as are a few others but they aren't there and who knows how long they will take.

that being said I do currently have 13 4 star pulls to go. might just keep saving them up until I finish all my 3 stars and see what covers I have left over that I need to champ.. though I suppose then I would want to champ all 3 stars and then save up like 600k iso before cashing in.

I will likely just save my legendary tokens and use my CP to get 4 stars when gwenpool is added. black bolt is solid but hulk and widow don't really impress me (especially widow)

but yeah can't wait to finish champing all 3 stars. I am still reluctant to champ 4 stars as it will just screw with my roster and eventually make my 3 stars mostly useless, but i suppose I could still use boosted 3 stars.

Spoit

Buying covers at the equivalent of 6 pulls? Unless you have most of the 4*s already max covered but don't have the ISO to champion them, that seems really silly. The chance to get a 5* cover alone

zulux21

Buying covers at the equivalent of 6 pulls? Unless you have most of the 4*s already max covered but don't have the ISO to champion them, that seems really silly. The chance to get a 5* cover alone

i fully agree and I don't think I ever implied otherwise o_O

the only time I could see it making sense to use 120cp is to maybe finish setting up wininfinite or something similar, beyond that I will be praying to the random number gods.

especially since I still need OML red :p

zulux21

And with my very last Anniversary token I pulled the 2,900 hero point card! :)

i pulled a 2 star storm :p

I started off the anniversary with like 4k HP
I have like 130 now :p

sadly I didn't get the 2.9k hp reward, but I got the other 2 in my 57 pulls.

hmm I suppose I might have some season ending tokens still *checks*

got a devil dino cover which is 1k iso since I have them fully covered
and ares.

I think i have one more token coming still so here's hoping.

given the number of 4 stars I have left if I managed to pull the 2.9k hp with the last token I likely would just spend it on a 10pack.
I am good on slots for a bit and with the new shield levels HP is much more common for me as I am progressing a bit more.

edit: got another dino cover :(

Now my question is that I'd always planned on buying another 10 pack, but should I reset the vault before I do? I have 4 Dino covers and 3 other 4 star covers (Cho Blue, Sam Yellow [which I have zero of right now] and Nova Red [which I have one of right now]). I should earn 2 more tokens for season placement, and there's still one daily deal single token left, so I guess I should wait until I pull those to make sure.

So with one of the 2 Alliance season-ending tokens, I pulled another Dino cover, so I reset the vault since that meant that the odds of getting a 4 star equivalent prize was better on a fresh vault (21/100) than on the vault I had left (7/39). Bought the ten pack, and got a Dino cover, but more importantly the 2900 and the 600HP prizes. So free 10 pack, and the chance to buy one more ten pack (and one more single token) tonight/tomorrow before the vault expires.

And on top of that, because my one year anniversary is this Friday, I'm going to go from not having a Dino at all to having a 3/3/4 one.

Spoit

I already spent all my anniversary ISO :(.

Got a QS from one of the tokens, which I used to champion. And then I got a xpool from the legendary, which I championed on a whim (and got trash out, I think a xforce cover?). 200-something thousand ISO didn't last long at all :(

zulux21

I already spent all my anniversary ISO :(.

Got a QS from one of the tokens, which I used to champion. And then I got a xpool from the legendary, which I championed on a whim (and got trash out, I think a xforce cover?). 200-something thousand ISO didn't last long at all :(

yeah I don't have a lot left myself, just enough to champ a single 3 star from level 75+

hmmmm seems that they might screw up the nice 40 cycle to 3 stars.

rumor is doctor strange is coming out twice over, as a 3 star and a 5 star.

3 star is the movie version
5 star is the classic version.

should have a full new story mode event for him.

MiTYH

Last few tokens were very good to me!

Another 4-star spiderwoman, and 2 war machines (1 cover, 1 from a legendary token). Plus all the 3stars I got went to additional champ levels

So the real question: I have Black Moon Knight, and the new Luke Cage's yellow. I'm leaning towards the latter for recruiting, right?
EDIT: Or both. I have only 3 covers for 3-stat bullseye and doc oc, I can trash one of them again to fit them both

I waited until the event ended to cash in my anniversary tokens. I'm going in!

Diswxj3.jpg

...and that's eight "useful" covers out of 21 anniversary tokens.

Psylocke (black)
Quake (yellow)
Black Panther (yellow)
3* Deadpool (red)
Loki (black)
3* Spidey (purple)
Iron Fist (black)
Devil Dinosaur (green)

Loki yielded a green 4* Venom which is just my second. All in all the pulls don't do much to advance my 4* roster, but I guess more ISO from champed 3* characters is good.

Triz

Haha I haven't opened it. I do have a green goblin coming up in a day or two also.

Edit* 0 Moonstones two 3* black Widow 3* spider man 3* Mystique

Spoit

I'm at...971. Yeah, I probably shouldn't have quit in disgust for a few months. Twice.

....Nah, the real bad decision was coming back

zulux21

840 here.

I really thought you were in front of me in days o.o;

starlord rework

champ reward changes

Captain Marvel (Modern) -> Peggy Carter (Captain America)
Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) -> Kate Bishop (Hawkeye)
Luke Cage (Hero For Hire) -> Luke Cage (Power Man)
The Punisher (Dark Reign) -> The Punisher (MAX)
Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) -> War Machine (James Rhodes)
Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) -> Drax (The Destroyer)
Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) -> Quake (Daisy Johnson)
Sentry (Dark Avengers) -> Moon Knight (Marc Spector)
Steve Rogers (Super Soldier) -> Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

for reference they used to give

Captain Marvel (Modern) -> The Thing (Classic) (so an upgrade i think)
Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) -> Iron Man (Hulkbuster) (a downgrade but given I didn't need the read anyways I am fine with it)
Luke Cage (Hero For Hire) ->Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) (mixed depending on your wants)
The Punisher (Dark Reign) -> Elektra (Unkillable) (upgrade)
Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) -> Iceman (All New X-Men) (aka a downgrade)
Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) -> Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw) (depends how his update works out but drax isn't horrible)
Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) -> Professor X (Charles Xavier) (downgrade)
Sentry (Dark Avengers) -> Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross) (moonknight I think is decent but red hulk is better)
Steve Rogers (Super Soldier) -> Sam Wilson (Captain America) (bucky isn't impressive but neither is sam so yeah)

the only one that really hurts for me is SW as I am close to getting that first prof x cover from her.

Decided to buy one more 10 pack of my refreshed Anniversary vault before it went away. Got 2 more Dino covers to get him to 2/3/4. Which means when day 365 comes on Friday, he'll become my first fully covered 4 star.

zulux21

Decided to buy one more 10 pack of my refreshed Anniversary vault before it went away. Got 2 more Dino covers to get him to 2/3/4. Which means when day 365 comes on Friday, he'll become my first fully covered 4 star.

got a loki cover. need to decide if I want to champ him now or later :p

especially since i just realized I missed the hood from my non champed 3 stars. so my count was off by 1 aka off by 120k iso :(

I still don't get why they nerfed his yellow move :/

im sad i didn't get the hp pack from the vault to get 10 more as my vault is mostly empty of 2 stars.

I really thought you were in front of me in days o.o;

Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) -> War Machine (James Rhodes)
Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) -> Quake (Daisy Johnson)

the only one that really hurts for me is SW as I am close to getting that first prof x cover from her.

These are a bit frustrating, but it isn't the end of the world. I don't want to champ Prof but I could really use more non-blue Iceman covers (2-5-2 currently).

Today's DD yielded Bullseye, so a Champing he will go. That leaves one final 3* to be champed on my roster. I'm looking at you, shitty Colossus. Now go home and cry on your big metal pillow.

Dalek

Update details for Star-Lord:

Sleight of Hand - 10 AP
Turns 1-3 selected non-Countdown tiles into 3-turn Countdown tiles which deal damage to the target.
Upgrades include targeting Countdown tiles as well as dealing team damage when the Countdowns expire.

Everyone With Me - Passive
Whenever an enemy fires a power, place a Countdown tile that gains AP in a random color. While at least one of these tiles is on the board, friendly powers have their AP costs reduced.
Upgrades include more AP colors, More AP returned, and higher AP-cost reduction.
There can only be 4 of these friendly Countdown tiles at any one point.

Oldest Trick in the Book - 8 AP
Deals damage plus additional damage for every friendly Countdown tile.

Up to six countdown tiles

Also seasons will no longer be named by their number, but rather by Infinity Gem name-first up is "Power Gem". No gameplay changes because of this-just naming convention.

Just started this game about 2 months and boy it's a struggle for new players to achieve anything with 2 star characters.

Got a few 2-star championee but few of the best ones so I can't process far in the events

Slow and steady. Not sure if I renew my VIP

Dalek

Just started this game about 2 months and boy it's a struggle for new players to achieve anything with 2 star characters.

Got a few 2-star championee but few of the best ones so I can't process far in the events

Slow and steady. Not sure if I renew my VIP

At 2 months you just need to have the expectation that it's a slow grind. Just take it slow and steady.

For most of us here when a 4 star character comes out it's a full year at least before we have that character fully covered.

zulux21

Does kind of imply some kind of event every six months, though, no?

they are claiming it's just a name change thing.
we will see.

At 2 months you just need to have the expectation that it's a slow grind. Just take it slow and steady.

For most of us here when a 4 star character comes out it's a full year at least before we have that character fully covered.

i wish it was only around a year :p

Haha, I wish.

I play daily and have been for years, and I think I only have Invisible Woman fully covered. The game seems hellbent on giving me characters I don't have, instead of letting me cover the ones I do.

Dalek

they are claiming it's just a name change thing.
we will see.

i wish it was only around a year :p

Yeah it's random. Like I have Red Hulk and Mister Fantastic fully covered but Captain Falcon isn't there yet. I got my Iceman covers really quickly for some reason. It's all RNG.

Yeah I'm just grinding away with my best 2 star characters. Wish I had MnMags and OBW higher.

Beat Big Enchilada for the first time last night so I am slowly collecting some 3-star characters

Dalek

Yeah I'm just grinding away with my best 2 star characters. Wish I had MnMags and OBW higher.

Beat Big Enchilada for the first time last night so I am slowly collecting some 3-star characters

Then you're doing just fine-that's great. DDQ should be your focus every day. Get all the story modes complete too to build up your ISO. I'd focus more on PVE than PVP if I were you.

Good job on beating the Big Enchilada - you'll start to do that more and more and it'll be your gateway into a broader roster.

Others may have differing opinions, but for my money Thor, OBW & Storm are the main 2* characters you need to worry about leveling. I know some people really like Mags but I never spent much time with him.

Get all the story modes complete too to build up your ISO. I'd focus more on PVE than PVP if I were you.

These are both great points. So true.

zulux21

Good job on beating the Big Enchilada - you'll start to do that more and more and it'll be your gateway into a broader roster.

Others may have differing opinions, but for my money Thor, OBW & Storm are the main 2* characters you need to worry about leveling. I know some people really like Mags but I never spent much time with him.

These are both great points. So true.

those three were my mains, but when I did my champ cycle I switched to 2 star mags, hawkeye, and storm that works really well.

mags generates blue for storm's AOE
which causes hawkeye's 5 star match to go off and do a lot of damage
and hawkeye also has a nice red aoe.

makes short work of the two two star nodes.

those three were my mains, but when I did my champ cycle I switched to 2 star mags, hawkeye, and storm that works really well.

mags generates blue for storm's AOE
which causes hawkeye's 5 star match to go off and do a lot of damage
and hawkeye also has a nice red aoe.

makes short work of the two two star nodes.

What do you do when the last mode knocks out two of your mains? I'm leaving 6000 iso on the table today because the rest of my 2s are only like level 29.

zulux21

What do you do when the last mode knocks out two of your mains? I'm leaving 6000 iso on the table today because the rest of my 2s are only like level 29.

I have every single 2 star champed, so uh, just slot in someone else >.>

actually i take that back, I finished one 2 star that i never used and sold the champ to free up a new spot to start again so there is one I don't have champed but still.

I mostly do PvE but some of the PvP events have easy rewards that I sometimes go for.

Thor, CaptMarvel and Daken are my best 2-star team as they're all 94+. Probably not the best team but they work. I swap in Wolverine and Thor for even more strike tiles or if one is down and I am out of health packs.

My OBW is only 55 with 1 blue cover so she is too weak.

Storm is awesome but she is so squishy that she rarely survives on hard fights to use her blue ability unless I take some stockpiles, although better now that Mags is leveling up and can feed her blue.

Mags+Hawkeye is a great combo that I've started using recently too. On demand speed shots.

I think I have every 2 star except Bagman.

Thanks for the helpful comments, didn't realize GAF had an active community for this game.

I have every single 2 star champed, so uh, just slot in someone else >.>

actually i take that back, I finished one 2 star that i never used and sold the champ to free up a new spot to start again so there is one I don't have champed but still.

yeah i only have 3 champed and I'm already working on my 3*s to champ so I don't the ISO to spare. It's such a conundrum! I think after I champ Spidey (i have two covers for him waiting) I'm going to funnel all my ISO back to those 2*s...

zulux21

yeah i only have 3 champed and I'm already working on my 3*s to champ so I don't the ISO to spare. It's such a conundrum! I think after I champ Spidey (i have two covers for him waiting) I'm going to funnel all my ISO back to those 2*s...

I did a cycle for a while where I would champ the 3 star that the 2 star feeds into and then the 2 star.

so now every 2 star champ cover I get improves a 3 star that leads to me eventually getting 4 star covers.

though at the start I champed all my max level 2 stars so all of my storm covers went to waste as I champed other 3 stars that were of more interest to me first... but the second cycle of storm is going fine.

I did a cycle for a while where I would champ the 3 star that the 2 star feeds into and then the 2 star.

so now every 2 star champ cover I get improves a 3 star that leads to me eventually getting 4 star covers.

though at the start I champed all my max level 2 stars so all of my storm covers went to waste as I champed other 3 stars that were of more interest to me first... but the second cycle of storm is going fine.

Hm. Nice. Thanks for the tip(s)!

Top Bottom