• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

yeah i only have 3 champed and I'm already working on my 3*s to champ so I don't the ISO to spare. It's such a conundrum! I think after I champ Spidey (i have two covers for him waiting) I'm going to funnel all my ISO back to those 2*s...

Once you start champing 3*s I would recommend being judicious with who you spend your ISO on. 3* Spidey, in my opinion, isn't worth all that valuable ISO unless you are really worried about having to waste a bunch of covers because you haven't champed him....

Once you start champing 3*s I would recommend being judicious with who you spend your ISO on. 3* Spidey, in my opinion, isn't worth all that valuable ISO unless you are really worried about having to waste a bunch of covers because you haven't champed him....

Yeah, I have two saved up. I don't have like a huge amount of 5/5/3'd 3* characs that are ready for champing so I'm just doing everyone I can for the loot.

A new 4-star Blade is next.

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/26874/piecing_together_marvel_puzzle_quest_blade
Blade (Modern)’s first power is The Hunger, a Passive ability which means it costs 0 AP! Blade resists his thirst for blood. If there are 10 or more red tiles on the board, Blade steels his resolve and converts a random basic tile to a strength 37 Strike tile at the beginning of the turn. When Blade’s team reaches nine or more Red AP, this power transforms into The Bloodlust.

The Bloodlust is also a Passive ability. Blade can no longer resist his thirst for blood. Every turn, Blade consumes one red AP and deals 380 damage to a random enemy. When Blade’s team falls below seven red AP, this power transforms back into The Hunger.

Blade’s second power is called Tools of the Trade and costs nine green AP. Guns, blades, and fangs, Blade never leaves home without his tools. Blade attacks with his arsenal, dealing 315 damage to the enemy team. If Blade’s team has seven or more red AP, Blade uses his fangs in the attack, healing himself for 241 health.

Blade’s third power is called Supernatural Sense and costs 11 black AP. Blade can sense the supernatural, and he doesn’t much care for it. Blade destroys four AP from the enemy team’s strongest color. If Blade’s team has seven or more red AP, Blade also creates two red tiles.
Ch0piDJ.jpg

Spoit

Need to see the max level/cover stats, but not super impressed. OML is already way better than his strike's would ever be

zulux21

Need to see the max level/cover stats, but not super impressed. OML is already way better than his strike's would ever be

yeah those have to scale up quite a bit to be useful.

also can't figure out what 2/3/4 star team I want to make

best 4 star to use I have are either hulkbuster or x23, or I suppose ant man.

I am currently running hulkbusters 2 star mags and swich to make purple for mags to make blue and red.

I should note that my hulk only has 2 black covers so IF making black isn't great.

Spoit

For general climbing? OBW/IM42/FT or iceman. Or if you have the covers (I don't), maybe like storm or Ares and then SW/rulk. Not sure who the best defensive team would be, but OBW is probably the best 2*, like, in general.

zulux21

For general climbing? OBW/IM42/FT or iceman. Or if you have the covers (I don't), maybe like storm or Ares and then SW/rulk. Not sure who the best defensive team would be, but OBW is probably the best 2*, like, in general.

my lady thor isn't quite ready for show time sadly.
she is at 3/4/2 which makes her fine for required nodes, but not quite good enough to be dangerous.

my rulk is even worse as he is 2/1/5 so he can generate green but not do much with it :p

also bucky's clash is weird since panther only shares one color with him.

I guess they expect you to have a lot of purple and to keep his moves from going off by shooting yellow and black tiles.

it seems decently doable with a couple covers of each color and like level 120. sadly mine is 1/1/0 :p

Dantero

Man, I shouldn't have started playing this during the anniversary event. Now all the rewards for the current events seem terrible.
Also read up on scaling in pve events and came to the conclusion that I should probably sell all of my 4* but, I mean, I got 4 covers for the dinosaur(and levelled it to 105), so I don't want to...

Man, I shouldn't have started playing this during the anniversary event. Now all the rewards for the current events seem terrible.
Also read up on scaling in pve events and came to the conclusion that I should probably sell all of my 4* but, I mean, I got 4 covers for the dinosaur(and levelled it to 105), so I don't want to...
Don't sell any 4 stars. Just don't open any legendary tokens until you have a couple of champed 3 stars. Use HP for roster slots only.

Dantero

Don't sell any 4 stars. Just don't open any legendary tokens until you have a couple of champed 3 stars. Use HP for roster slots only.

Champed 3*? I don't even have champed 2s...
Well, I'll just keep going. I bought the 3770hp pack when they were on sale and spent all of it on slots, so that's good, at least.

Dalek

Champed 3*? I don't even have champed 2s...
Well, I'll just keep going. I bought the 3770hp pack when they were on sale and spent all of it on slots, so that's good, at least.
Good job. Don't spend HP on tokens or packs no matter how tempting. Slots are the way to go. The covers WILL come in time.

Edit: another LT, another Black Widow.

:/

Good job. Don't spend HP on tokens or packs no matter how tempting. Slots are the way to go. The covers WILL come in time.

Dantero - listen to these guys. If you have to sit on legendary tokens for a few months, just do it. Keep fighting to get more roster spots and you'll be way better off when you finally start getting 3* and 4* characters. I have 93 roster spots, 86 of which are used for 3, 4 and 5 star characters (and others here have way more than I do!). You'll never have enough roster spots without spending a fair amount of real money, but the patience will really help.

Triz

Daily Reward update as Its pretty impressive:

1090 Purple Green Goblin
1091 25 hp
1092 2500 ISO
1093 red Devil Dino
1094 25 CP
1095 Old Man Logan Black
1096 3000 ISO

Dantero

Edit: another LT, another Black Widow.

Dantero - listen to these guys. If you have to sit on legendary tokens for a few months, just do it. Keep fighting to get more roster spots and you'll be way better off when you finally start getting 3* and 4* characters. I have 93 roster spots, 86 of which are used for 3, 4 and 5 star characters (and others here have way more than I do!). You'll never have enough roster spots without spending a fair amount of real money, but the patience will really help.

Alright, alright. I'll take my time. Feels kind of depressing, though.

Dalek

Alright, alright. I'll take my time. Feels kind of depressing, though.

We've all been there. The nature of the game is to always make you feel like you're behind. Even us vets feel that way-it's how the game is designed.

Just put yourself in the mindset of making small goals and accepting small victories. It will happen.

also-get in an Alliance if you can. with a full alliance playing every day you'll get 2000 ISO for free daily and you can send and request team-ups. And get Shield rank points for doing so!

Blank!

Just to add to this, you don't really ruin your scaling with some 4 stars. Your (hopefully soon to be) champed 2*'s should still even it off... that said, stop giving ISO to 3 or 4 star characters (moreso devil dinosaur...).

Dantero

I joined some random alliance from the ingame list and everyone in it seems to be playing daily.
I'll focus on my 2* chars from now on.
Thanks for the advice, everyone.

zulux21

level 270 stats

he looks like he could be fun... but not top tier.

basically it looks like his powers are priced assuming his passive is active which really each of them should be 2 less to really make him a solid character, but in practice it might play better than i think.

but his red really feels like it should at most be 6 costing,

the purple can be useful as it seems to allow you to choose any tile, but the damage is so low even when multiplied by 3 that 10 seems really expensive for it.

Dalek

He's different but basically the same role as before-very circumstantial. I'm not a fan of characters whose powers revolve around countdown tiles. Iron Man and Wanda are about all I can handle.

zulux21

I think the point of his purple is the tile replacement, not the damage. Could be pretty good for Galactus.

and that would be fine if he was a 3 star. but as a 4 star he should do more.

I mean if I just want tile replacement I can combo ironman and captain america.

6 yellow = two tiles replaced, 5k damage, a 2 turn stun, and every 3 rounds getting the ap back to do it again.

I mean even if you take out ironman, getting to 11 red to do 5k damage every 3 turns with a tile removal is far more exciting that star lord's red, and really not that much worse than his purple.

it's bascially the same feeling I had for cho... he is a decent 3 star now... still not a good 4 star.

Spoit

level 270 stats

he looks like he could be fun... but not top tier.

basically it looks like his powers are priced assuming his passive is active which really each of them should be 2 less to really make him a solid character, but in practice it might play better than i think.

but his red really feels like it should at most be 6 costing,

the purple can be useful as it seems to allow you to choose any tile, but the damage is so low even when multiplied by 3 that 10 seems really expensive for it.
Like you said, it seems like it's priced assuming the yellow cost deduction, in which case the red is 6, and seems pretty reasonable. Probably going to try to go 355, pair him with KP

zulux21

so blade is a mixed bag.

his red seems just okay but i can't see the scaled transformation of the move.

his green seems decent. as 1355 damage to the enemy team for 9 ap at level 70 isn't bad, especially since he will heal 1k damage at that level as well if he has 7 or more red ap.

his black move though....

even at max is an 11 costing move that makes the enemy lose 4 ap and generates 6 red tiles.

which is pathetic.'

edit: just reread it, it says creates 6 tiles so perhaps he places them which is better and could lead to a decent amount of red ap.

Also, clearance levels for The Hunt (a new release event), and apparently we're going going to see Clearance Levels for every PvE going forward.

Although, for some reason, I just cannot seem to get a blue cover for Iceman (this cover will put me at 2/0/5).

so blade is a mixed bag.

his red seems just okay but i can't see the scaled transformation of the move.

his green seems decent. as 1355 damage to the enemy team for 9 ap at level 70 isn't bad, especially since he will heal 1k damage at that level as well if he has 7 or more red ap.

his black move though....

even at max is an 11 costing move that makes the enemy lose 4 ap and generates 6 red tiles.

which is pathetic.'

edit: just reread it, it says creates 6 tiles so perhaps he places them which is better and could lead to a decent amount of red ap.

That would make his black like widow's pink, with the addition of AP removal for the same cost.

Would also possibly make him someone you could place in a Winfinite combo with PX. (as long as black was your strongest color).

I'm tempted to run a team with Peggy (my most covered 4 star at the moment), IM40, and 2* Thor. Peggy as the primary red and blue user, Thor for the green, and if one of them goes down in the fight the other two should be able to handle themselves as long as the other team's 4 star is out of the way.

zulux21

That would make his black like widow's pink, with the addition of AP removal for the same cost.

Would also possibly make him someone you could place in a Winfinite combo with PX. (as long as black was your strongest color).

I can't really find any good replacement.
in 4 star land I only see moonknight and the punisher neither of which help cycle.

in three star land the best choice seems to be doctor doom as his blue would make more black.

but it seems vastly less efficient then SW who not only makes purple but can use all the green that is generated to get more purple.

I can't really find any good replacement.
in 4 star land I only see moonknight and the punisher neither of which help cycle.

in three star land the best choice seems to be doctor doom as his blue would make more black.

but it seems vastly less efficient then SW who not only makes purple but can use all the green that is generated to get more purple.

Technically, Switch isn't necessary for Winfinite, she just accelerates it. So if you were to use one of those two 4 stars, it'd be less efficient, but much, much better at dealing damage. It would even be decently better at dealing damage with just Doom, depending on how much spare AP you could pick up.

zulux21

I haven't seen a confirmation if the red tiles are randomly placed or chosen, but the level 270 numbers are in.

he makes 288 strike tiles

if it switches to his passive by having 9 or more red then it starts doing 2960 damage (likely a bit more thanks to strike tiles.

his green does 2636 team damage and 2017 healing, not a ton but if you get some strike tiles it will still kill nicely.

his black is unchanged as it isn't effected by level :p

NineH

I gotta say that I am impressed with the Combined Arms PvP as it was awesome not being clobbered by 5 stars from the get go. At first I was worried it would be like the BFF PvP where the teams were all the same but instead there was a decent variety of teams climbing to the Peggy Cover. Of course around 800 points I mostly saw iceman/IM40/random 2* teams though.

zulux21

im sad to see the simulator back up to needing 2k points.

bring back the shortened seasons as grinding to 800... not that bad. grinding to 2k... please just hit me with a baseball bat... that is more enjoyable :/

ooh gwenpool got added to the tokens time to pull a bunch.

and I get....
hulkbuster blue
5 star cap red
star lord yellow
electra red
thing green
ghost rider green
winter soldier purple
jean gray blue
thing green (this one is an extra now :( )
peggy blue
mr fantastic black (extra cover)
fantastic yellow
quake blue now a 5/3/5 http://i.imgur.com/NEnQqt9.png
ghost rider red
sam cap yellow

so overall not horrible. no gwenpool though.

Dalek

Holy moly.

I used 20cp this morning to get a LT. I pulled my 4th Phoenix cover. My daily reward was 25CP so I pulled another and got my first 5 star Steve Rogers.

Spoit

Meh, joined a stale slice at 600, with the top people already past 20k or so. I didn't really want to bother with the pve grinding anyway!

Triz

I had a concert all weekend so wasn't able to really delve into the PVE. Late joined today and got into a slice with only 200 people. Cleared all nodes of final day 4 times and sitting in 60th place with 3 hours to go. Hopefully Ill snag the Blade cover.

brickface

What's everyone's thought on the four star Spider-Man - Back in Black? I've got him on my roster (70 covers in total now) but the two and three stars versions of him are a bit rubbish

After today's Colossus DD I have now champed all 40 3* characters.

I also got an Xforce cover from Patch. It's time to decide whether to champ him or not.

270k ISO to do so is daunting. Can't decide whether it is worth it or not...

Malmorian

After today's Colossus DD I have now champed all 40 3* characters.

I also got an Xforce cover from Patch. It's time to decide whether to champ him or not.

270k ISO to do so is daunting. Can't decide whether it is worth it or not...

I'm in the same boat, with 150k in the bank, but can also champ either Hood, Spider-Man or Quicksilver. Doubt i'll get the required 200k+ iSo in the next few days so i need to spend it somewhere. Thoughts?

zulux21

What's everyone's thought on the four star Spider-Man - Back in Black? I've got him on my roster (70 covers in total now) but the two and three stars versions of him are a bit rubbish

first off he is a 5 star not a 4 :p
as for how he is... he is alright, but one of the 5 stars that requires quite a bit of covers to make decent and requires playing with certain characters.

the nice passive he has is reducing strike tiles, which at 5 covers he reduces them 100%.

and he also does decent damage with his moves, decent not great.

brickface

first off he is a 5 star not a 4 :p
as for how he is... he is alright, but one of the 5 stars that requires quite a bit of covers to make decent and requires playing with certain characters.

the nice passive he has is reducing strike tiles, which at 5 covers he reduces them 100%.

and he also does decent damage with his moves, decent not great.

Well shit, totally thought he was a four star. Sorted, I'm keeping him. Thanks!

Top Bottom