• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Didn't they say "no more 3* characters" a while back?

Yes. But my guess is they wanted to create a 5* Strange because that's what his power levels would dictate, but Marvel wanted something that would be something that would be accessible to more than high level players, so the compromise was to create a 3* Strange as well.

Triz

have all nodes cleared in the PVE with green checkmarks thanks to the 2 day timer, can't grind them for any more points, yet I'm in 25th place...people take placement seriously.

have all nodes cleared in the PVE with green checkmarks thanks to the 2 day timer, can't grind them for any more points, yet I'm in 25th place...people take placement seriously.

Actually, the people that are taking placement seriously are probably still below you.

zulux21

Didn't they say "no more 3* characters" a while back?

if I recall right it was no more 3 stars*

without a good reason to create another one. we won't be making them unless there is a reason too.

I imagine with all of the 4 stars now expanding the 3 stars as well as the 5 stars at the same time would help the balance a bit.

so just read the article...
but it seemed to imply that the 5 star passive would deal around 8k damage each time an enemy fires a power (as you could fire it yourself for 14 yellow dealing nearly double damage of 16k), and would heal the team for like a burst of 2k or so.

that obviously isn't super crazy in max level 5 star land, but is going to really hurt in general.

quite frankly the 3 star version sound really boring, and it's a shame it's not two unique versions but instead just a nerfed version of the 5 star.

zulux21

beat wasp with peggy on my third try (I missed it by a lucky cascade in the first try)

redeemed my token and...
6MQ8K1y.png

makes up for having to sell the daisy cover today :p

I sold my 1 star widow again to roster gwenpool as I might want my HP for the doctor strange event as they are doing 10 item vaults with it sounds like legendary tokens in them... so yeah.

Triz

I didn't realize just how well invisible woman and quicksilver synergize with each other. If you put her lock tiles on the AP nodes quicksilvers aoe will launch with a blue match. It's pure destruction. Stupid me always put IW's lock tiles on colored points. Plus quicksilvers black let's you make all
Kinds of blue matches.

zulux21

I didn't realize just how well invisible woman and quicksilver synergize with each other. If you put her lock tiles on the AP nodes quicksilvers aoe will launch with a blue match. It's pure destruction. Stupid me always put IW's lock tiles on colored points. Plus quicksilvers black let's you make all
Kinds of blue matches.

yup they are decently fun together. I sometimes play those two and Rags together as Rag's red does a good job at making blue tiles to make matches for quicksilver.

someone like iron man 40 is a better choice but I like making teams of useless characters to make a useful team :p

NineH

I wonder if the Ghost Rider PvP is a sign of more 4 star PvP's to come or is it just because it's Halloween? I have a feeling it is the latter sadly.

I wonder if the Ghost Rider PvP is a sign of more 4 star PvP's to come or is it just because it's Halloween? I have a feeling it is the latter sadly.

Definitely Halloween. But I did see someone point out that with the Blade PvP running before it this might be the first time we've gotten 2 4* PvPs back to back.

Spoit

FUCK. The placement rewards for the GR tournament mean that the progression Rulk cover in the one after it will be red, literally the only one I DON'T need. And I've been playing too much pvp recently to get an easy bracket

EDIT: oh wait nm, I was conflating purple and red. We cool.

Spoit

fuck this game. I pass 900, only to find out I'm below 800. And it's been a few minutes since then, and the nodes still haven't actually shown up

zulux21

I am so glad I champed doc oc.

these ninja waves...
he is soooooo good @_@

match the attack tiles or special tiles get 2 attack tiles of my own.

if there are a lot of attack tiles just pop his blue to murder something and clean them up.

Dalek

I barely played this weekend because I spent all weekend grinding away in Destiny. And now I think I lost my chance to get a Cyclops PVE reward. Sucks-but it really shows what a time investment is required to make progress in this game.

Dalek

Is there anything sweeter than a scrub who throws out a champed 2* and a fuckin one cover 5* into this ghost rider PVP?

Nom nom nom gimme them points

Just be careful of how many points it is. If it's too low it's not worth it because you set him up to retaliate against you and you can lose more points than you earn.

I barely played this weekend because I spent all weekend grinding away in Destiny. And now I think I lost my chance to get a Cyclops PVE reward. Sucks-but it really shows what a time investment is required to make progress in this game.

The last 2 days are worth a ton of points. You probably haven't lost your chance yet.

Edit: When I say that, I mean that timer-starting clears (4 on non-wave, 2 on wave) of the last 3 sub-events should be enough to get you Cyclops.

Triz

Haha, thats awesome PB. I had him up to 400k at one point but Ive used him for hard node clears since and Im about 150k right now.

I can finally consistently beat Big Enchilada now that I have champed OBW and Thor. Them two and Human Torch seem to be my best 2-star team.

Now onto the slow grinding road to get some usable 3-star characters.

Spoit

My 2* DDQ team is mags/storm/hawkguy. just get 3 purple, and you can pretty much finish off the first wave, and then stun the actual character in the the 2nd, and almost kill the first 2 NPCs

zulux21

My 2* DDQ team is mags/storm/hawkguy. just get 3 purple, and you can pretty much finish off the first wave, and then stun the actual character in the the 2nd, and almost kill the first 2 NPCs

yup they are who i am using right now...

also the strange vaults are expensive...

Once you obtain one of Doctor Strange’s artifacts, you will gain access to a 10-item limited vault. You will receive one token for obtaining the artifact and you will be able to purchase 9 additional pulls from the vault. The vault contains Iso-8, Hero Points, a random 4-Star, one 3-Star Doctor Strange cover, and a token to the Sanctum Sanctorum Cover store.

The Sanctum Sanctorum Cover store is a Legendary store that players have an increased chance to receive 5-Star Doctor Strange covers. Players can purchase additional pulls from this store by using Command Points.

F.A.Q.

Q: How much does it cost to purchase additional pulls from the Artifact Limited Vaults?
A: A single pull from the vault is 350 Hero Points. Nine pulls from the vault is 3000 Hero Points.

Q: How much does it cost to purchase pulls from the Sanctum Sanctorum Cover store?
A: 25 Command Points per pull

it will really depend on how many hero points are in the vault. but unless there is a 4 star I really really want (which is really only prof x right now) I can't see myself using much HP even though it's easier than ever to get some.

I still don't have enough slots to easily keep my champs while building up new ones right now.

3 left. Cyclops, Sentry (sitting at 0/2/1) and Rags (not rostered yet). Cyclops gets done as soon as I pull a cover, and the other two will take a while (there's a good chance I end up champing Doctor Strange before them).

My next 3* Doom cover nets me a 14th 4* IW which comes with the decision to champ/not champ with her.

I'm down to 220k ISO and there's no way I want to waste it on her....but the completest in my can't handle tossing a 4* cover.

Let's hope Doom's Deadpool Daily is a ways off....

My next 3* Doom cover nets me a 14th 4* IW which comes with the decision to champ/not champ with her.

I'm down to 220k ISO and there's no way I want to waste it on her....but the completest in my can't handle tossing a 4* cover.

Let's hope Doom's Deadpool Daily is a ways off....

November 21, depending on how they plug Dr. Strange into DDQ.

Dalek

3 stars? psssst. I championed them all ages ago.
When we got our first massive stack of ISO for Shield levels

4 stars are being championed now and it's a lot of ISO.

Is Ragnarok any good? Every forum post read says he sucks but I always struggle against him when the AI plays him.

I can complete TBE today for a cover but I wonder if I am wasting a slot.

Triz

Is Ragnarok any good? Every forum post read says he sucks but I always struggle against him when the AI plays him.

I think he sucks, He used to be even worse before they buffed him. But there are quite a few shitty 3 stars. Alas, having all 3 stars champed means unwasted covers and constant progression.

Dalek

When I use him-he blows. But I have the same experience you do when fighting him in PVE. It's weird.

I think he sucks, He used to be even worse before they buffed him. But there are quite a few shitty 3 stars. Alas, having all 3 stars champed means unwasted covers and constant progression.

Agreed on all counts.

I remember when they introduced 3* characters to the game. Everybody was all about Rags, Mags & Spidey and I barely had a cover for each. Can't remember the last time I used any of those covers.

zulux21

alright... here's how it is.

Rags, in an absolute bubble is not a bad character.

in the actual game he isn't very good though.

everything he does... someone else does much better.

I mean 3 star thor is liked because he chains nicely.

his cheap move adds a bit more yellow which adds a lot of green, which allows you to use a powerful green move.

rags on the other hand has a cheap red move that actually is quite decent at fueling blue but then his blue move does some healing and charge tiles and his big green move sucks.

so we are left with he is decent at converting red into blue. as his move is actually slightly better than thor's yellow.

the main issue being that pretty much anyone with a good blue would be better of just being paired with iron man 40 who can convert 6 yellow to 12 blue instead of 6 red into 4 blue tiles.

that all being said... Rags isn't completely useless, he is a nice 3rd to quicksilver+IW as that red move making blue allows you to force bubble and when you have to much force as it is you can just his healing move to get green tiles to fuel quick silver's fists.

he is also kind of amusing to pair with iron man 40 since you can convert 6 yellow into 12 blue and 8 blue tiles. but there really isn't anyone in 3 star land that has a good blue that also doesn't have a good red (aside from doc oc whom is very situational but amazing when that situation is around)

thus the only other team that is interesting is
iron man 40 + rags + iceman but only if you don't have any other decent 4 stars as the blue fuel would let you keep stunning people and power up iceman's green.

but in general... it's not that he is bad... just outclassed.

NineH

The last patch borked a lot of things, this being one of them. Invisibility doesn't work against powers but still avoids match damage though. Other stuff screwed up right now is Whales, Things passive and Quake reduces all ability damage, not just AOE attacks.

zulux21

The last patch borked a lot of things, this being one of them. Invisibility doesn't work against powers but still avoids match damage though. Other stuff screwed up right now is Whales, Things passive and Quake reduces all ability damage, not just AOE attacks.

hmmm i should use quake more then.

but yeah this DDQ is going to be basically impossible if he can't avoid her red and black damage while invisible.

MiTYH

Did Elektra's "Ballet of Death" always target an invisible Prof?

I don't recall this being so difficult the last few times....

This is the first time I actually have an invisible power for Prof X (been at a weird 3 blue 2 yellow for a while), and finally try this annnnd I can't live past her ballet of death. Wonderful

sibarraz

Banned
wow, now I can't win 4 stars characters until I gain more levels? it sucks since I feel like I will be behind on thos pvew where you had to use the 4 star prize of the previous event

Managed to get Elektra down to >3000 HP, a couple of times, only to be immediately killed by Shadow Step whilst invisible, like every other attempt, then after 14 Health Packs I win on the first turn due to a lucky cascade. This is fucking infuriating.

EDIT: And the Legendary Token I got just gave me a Shadow Step cover. This game is actually taunting me.

Managed to get Elektra down to >3000 HP, a couple of times, only to be immediately killed by Shadow Step whilst invisible, like every other attempt, then after 14 Health Packs I win on the first turn due to a lucky cascade. This is fucking infuriating.

EDIT: And the Legendary Token I got just gave me a Shadow Step cover. This game is actually taunting me.

Ha! Amazing. Glad you won it, but I love the pull.

Dalek

I just beat Elektra on what must have been my 10th try. I got a lucky board and denied red and black most of all. What really helped was letting her use her Purple so I could strengthen those tiles.

I got a Red Hulk cover-which I have my my championed Red Hulk and then got another LT. I opened that and got a Red Spider-Gwen.

By some miracle I was able to beat Electra with just four blue and one yellow. I just had to pray for a couple match fives before she speed runs her goddamn red ability. In the end, I got Drax.

Goddamnit. This game is determined to give me one of EVERY 4 star. Years of playing and I still only have 2 useful 4 stars (and that's being generous towards X-force).

Top Bottom