• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Ponn

Banned
I just overpowered them for my fights, but if I wasn't looking to do that, I'd probably go with OBW to extend the countdowns and someone who can steal those tiles they put out (She-Hulk, Moonstone, Ant-Man, etc)..

That is great advice, thanks. I keep on forgetting to use some of the characters if they don't show up on the first roster page when choosing your heroes, even if they aren't powered up for the event some of my championed characters are still viable.

Speaking of champions I got a bit of a conundrum. I have a couple characters (Captain Marvel 3 star and Cyke 3 star to be exact) that are about to be maxed and able to be promoted but I have a couple covers sitting in my pile for them that are for colors that are maxed for them but would be very useful as soon as I promote them. I'm afraid they are going to expire before I get another cover for them though. Do I just sell them right before they expire and accept the loss or do I spend CP points to promote their powers?

if I do a pvp event I don't bother going beyond 575 points. the points on matches tend to dry up and as I close in on 800 points I start getting attacked alot.

The PvE progression cover in the next PvE event should only take like a day, as long as you're playing at least CL7.

zulux21

The PvE progression cover in the next PvE event should only take like a day, as long as you're playing at least CL7.

ideally... it will depend on what event and who is powered up on how much i care to play it.

I mean I will eventually max cover strange just from ddq.

that being said..

do we know what champ covers he gives?

it won't be 5 star strange, so I am curious.

NineH

do we know what champ covers he gives?

Dr. Strange gives Nova covers.

Also it seems the progression scoring is still messed up as the 15 cp is still way too high. I have green checked both days and am only at around 44000 points. the last reward is at 69000 points so it's going to be a slog just to get final progression.

Championed Doc Ock this morning, leaving only Ragnarok to go until I have all of the 3-stars championed (minus Strange, of course). Got a 5-star Widow for my troubles, which brings her to 1/1/1.

And then I got enough HP to recruit Gwenpool, I had two of her covers waiting, so she's 1/1/0. I have 99 characters now.

Triz

7 Dr. Strange tokens redeemed today Three 3* pulls, two 2* pulls, two 4* pulls. No Doctor strange's.

4* were Reed Richards and thankfully a Green Ghost rider the only color I was missing.

zulux21

given that I am tired of selling quake covers... I decided to recruit her again for the heck of it :p (I think there is a way to get bonus iso if you level them so far but I will have to wait)

watching agents of shield, I just noticed quake is on team iron man in game...
why?

the entire point of season 3 of agents is
for her to go around finding inhumans to hide them from the public.... that kind of goes against registering all of them :p

I champed Ragnarok today. 3* Characters are now complete.

mine stalled for a bit as I am getting 4 star cyclops up to 190 or so as he plays really well with iron man 40 and kk.

All I've gotten is ISO and 2* storm covers from the Strange Sights event. Crap event for me

Getting better luck from the 1* tokens, pulled a yellow Hood cover last night

I hit the final progression in the Strange PvE, and thanks to that CP, did a Strange legendary pull and got a 5-star Doctor Strange.

Currently sitting in the 30s for overall PvE positioning, and 5th in the last subevent. Going to do a run through of all the nodes once more later tonight (to green-check complete each one) and that should bring me potentially to top 5 for the subevent and, with any luck, top 10 overall in the PvE. I could really use those extra X-23 and 3-star Strange covers.

Haven't done this well in a PvE in a long time.

Yeah, I will get one, maybe two x23 covers which I really need because I constantly pull her purple covers which go to waste.

Finished top 5. Yay!

zulux21

hmmmm... I think star lord + 4 star cyclops, and 3 star iron man will be a really really good team for goon nodes.

iron man gets to recharge for cheap, cyclops just murderizes... quick and deadly.

Triz

Hit 25cp again just in time for a pull on the Dr. Strange tokens. Let my wife hit the button got a blue 5* Strange!

Using my championed Red Hulk (37k health) and Elektra (29k health), I went on a rampage at the end of the Grey Suit Widow PvP. Got up past 900 pts, which earned me a Captain Falcon. I already was leveling him, since he's max covered, so I already had him at Lv 262. I'll be champing him this week!

zulux21

it's weird to me that after doctor strange another 5 star will be releasing in agent venom.

but w/e. at least that is another character I won't have to worry about rostering until I get really (un)lucky.

That Strange event wasn't too bad. Interesting how they switched up the boss battle (I was only able to beat it once).

Ended up with two 3* Strange covers and a Sanctum Sanctorum token from the three vaults. I'm fine with that.18 pulls from the event left me with 4 3* covers and two 4* covers that I needed (Cage & Nova).

komarkaze

I beat the Strange Wand event yesterday, including the boss. My rewards came in this morning but it didn't give me the token for the Wand event. The bizarre thing is the game thinks I should have the token because the Recruit Heroes page indicates I have something. But when I scroll to the Wand screen, it doesn't grant me the token entitlement.

Triz

I beat the Strange Wand event yesterday, including the boss. My rewards came in this morning but it didn't give me the token for the Wand event. The bizarre thing is the game thinks I should have the token because the Recruit Heroes page indicates I have something. But when I scroll to the Wand screen, it doesn't grant me the token entitlement.

Its a known glitch, I think Zulux has a similar issue.

Ponn

Banned
The Dr. Strange event was depressing for me. On the last night I ended up with no more nodes I could play for enough points and those that did had insanely high level rock creatures that were one shotting or taking out my whole team at once. I missed the 15 CP by 3000 pts and overall came in rank 54 just missing the Doctor Strange cards. I feel a little better just got the Doctor Strange card in the deadpool progression event. It seems like no matter how much I grind during the day I can't break rank 50 in these events.

Oh I also felt good about getting a 2nd 5 star Black Widow pull so i now have a slightly powered up 5 star character. It was the same black power to so i'm not sure how I feel about that yet. I would have liked another power on her to use but her black power has been really useful in battles so I can't complain about a powered up version of it.

Spoit

The Dr. Strange event was depressing for me. On the last night I ended up with no more nodes I could play for enough points and those that did had insanely high level rock creatures that were one shotting or taking out my whole team at once. I missed the 15 CP by 3000 pts and overall came in rank 54 just missing the Doctor Strange cards. I feel a little better just got the Doctor Strange card in the deadpool progression event. It seems like no matter how much I grind during the day I can't break rank 50 in these events.

50 was only for the last cover? You should still have gotten 2 for top...100?

Ponn

Banned
50 was only for the last cover? You should still have gotten 2 for top...100?

Maybe I was in a different class rank or something? 50 was 2 doctor strange covers, I think 25 was 3 covers and top 10 was X-23. I just choose the highest class rank available when starting events, should I not be doing that? I ended up winning 3 elite tokens for getting 54

Dalek

Two 5* covers in Two days.

yesterday: Spider-Man, today: Black Bolt.

I'm appreciative, but still-I don't have any useful 5 stars yet.

zulux21

Two 5* covers in Two days.

yesterday: Spider-Man, today: Black Bolt.

I'm appreciative, but still-I don't have any useful 5 stars yet.

OML is the only one that I have been lucky enough to get the two best covers for to make him usable, most of the others i am missing their best cover making them completely useless. or are one of the 5 stars that requires more than a single cover in each color to be decent.

Malmorian

Dammit, forgot that they upgraded some of the champ rewards. Luke Cage used to have Kingpin, and I was totally missing that cover too. Rough

OML is the only one that I have been lucky enough to get the two best covers for to make him usable, most of the others i am missing their best cover making them completely useless. or are one of the 5 stars that requires more than a single cover in each color to be decent.

My 1/2/0 OML is a very useful tank, and I'll use my 1/0/1 Black Suit Spidey with him in DDQ and Lightning Rounds because they make a 5* rainbow team. My Jean is theoretically useful (2/1/2), but slow since I only have 1 pink.

zulux21

Is there a list of changes? I'm champ obsessed.

Captain Marvel (Modern) -> Peggy Carter (Captain America)
Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) -> Kate Bishop (Hawkeye)
Luke Cage (Hero For Hire) -> Luke Cage (Power Man)
The Punisher (Dark Reign) -> The Punisher (MAX)
Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) -> War Machine (James Rhodes)
Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) -> Drax (The Destroyer)
Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) -> Quake (Daisy Johnson)
Sentry (Dark Avengers) -> Moon Knight (Marc Spector)
Steve Rogers (Super Soldier) -> Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

zulux21

one dead iron man = one new warmachine green cover.

even with my max cover cyclops at level 185 it was still close to him killing me as his red does so much damage @_@

Triz

The shield intercepts have been fruitful for me. Got 3 so far and they were 100g, 1000 ISO, and a heroic token. And since I'm VIP I don't have to watch the ads.

zulux21

The shield intercepts have been fruitful for me. Got 3 so far and they were 100g, 1000 ISO, and a heroic token. And since I'm VIP I don't have to watch the ads.

gah... screw them so hard -_-

not supported on steam... then just give me the damn rewards or let me log into my account on mobile devices.

bitched on the official forums and just shot support an email.

I'm tired of missing out on crap just because I am on steam. I am playing more and more on my windows tablet anyways so let me just move to my android or IOS tablet so I can get facebook stuff and this new stuff.

so wish I didn't renew my VIP to support them recently, they were doing so well and then they had to go take a huge dump on steam users -_-

I think my plan now is to just complain at them every day via customer support until they cave and move me to IOS or android.

that or they ban me which at that point you guys will have to contact support to remove me from gafvengers lol so it won't end custom support's trouble with me right away if they take that route MWA H A HA HA HA HA :p

btw... can you switch between an ipad and iphone with this game on the same account?

Got enough HP for 2 slots, not sure who to add. My Roster

Current Candidates:
4 3* Spider-Mans (2 Blue, 2 Purple)
2 3* Cap Marvels (2 Red)
2 Bullseyes (1 Purple, 1 Black)
1 Gwenpool (Green)
1 X-23 (Red)
1 3* Doctor Strange (Purple)
1 Doc Ock (Black)
1 Kamala (Purple)
1 Gamora (Red)
1 Doom (Black)

Current Candidates:
2 3* Cap Marvels (2 Red)
1 Gwenpool (Green)
1 X-23 (Red)
1 Doc Ock (Black)
1 Kamala (Purple)
1 Gamora (Red)
1 Doom (Black)

3* covers come and go, but 4* ones can be slow to trickle in. My preference would be to play the long game and recruit Gwenpool & X-23. That having been said, you have 4 Spideys & 2 Captain Marvels and I'd hate to waste them.

Edit: That Roster link is cool - did you have to fill it out manually?

3* covers come and go, but 4* ones can be slow to trickle in. My preference would be to play the long game and recruit Gwenpool & X-23. That having been said, you have 4 Spideys & 2 Captain Marvels and I'd hate to waste them.

Edit: That Roster link is cool - did you have to fill it out manually?

Yeah, but it's quick & easy to use.

zulux21

Current Candidates:
2 3* Cap Marvels (2 Red)
1 Gwenpool (Green)
1 X-23 (Red)
1 Doc Ock (Black)
1 Kamala (Purple)
1 Gamora (Red)
1 Doom (Black)

I'd sell moonstone and squirrel girl and then roster gwenpool, x-23, doctor strange and kamala personally.

kamala is good in general and strange is going to be an absolute bad ass against goon nodes once you get him fully covered and leveled.

the 4 stars won't help you much, but eventually you will reach that meta and wish you didn't sell them.

Malmorian

Just...can't beat him. 130 Cyc, 4/2/2. Doesn't matter what boosts i've used, the board is just against me from the get go. Do I have a chance, should I just burn through the hp? Or give up? Also, after beating a few matches it asked if I wanted to watch a video? What's this all about?

Guess I got lucky in my Titans match. My Cyclops is only 111, with 2-2-1 covers.

Took a couple of tries and barely made it (Buster actually killed himself by using his black ability). What worked for me was using his abilities mainly for denial. Blue would eliminate whatever reds I wasn't immediately matching, Red was setting up combos or eliminating shield/attack tiles if it was fully charged, and kept yellow up to get more red even though I was cleaning most of them off the board.

It was a pretty fun fight, honestly. Forced me to slow down and really plan out each move. But I'd get murdered if Buster ever got his red ready. Got another X-23 out of it.

Triz

Just...can't beat him. 130 Cyc, 4/2/2. Doesn't matter what boosts i've used, the board is just against me from the get go. Do I have a chance, should I just burn through the hp? Or give up? Also, after beating a few matches it asked if I wanted to watch a video? What's this all about?

If you watch the video you get bonus stuff. ISO, HP, CP, Tokens. If you have VIP you don't have to watch the ad to claim.

Malmorian

As always, I post my failure, try one more time and beat him with ease. Pulled a 5* Strange to add to the list of 5*'s that aren't OML lol

As always, I post my failure, try one more time and beat him with ease. Pulled a 5* Strange to add to the list of 5*'s that aren't OML lol

Guess I got lucky in my Titans match. My Cyclops is only 111, with 2-2-1 covers.

Took a couple of tries and barely made it (Buster actually killed himself by using his black ability). What worked for me was using his abilities mainly for denial. Blue would eliminate whatever reds I wasn't immediately matching, Red was setting up combos or eliminating shield/attack tiles if it was fully charged, and kept yellow up to get more red even though I was cleaning most of them off the board.

It was a pretty fun fight, honestly. Forced me to slow down and really plan out each move. But I'd get murdered if Buster ever got his red ready. Got another X-23 out of it.

I agree with this completely. For the first time in a while it felt like an enjoyable, non "cheese" match. I'm rocking a pretty meager 5/2/2 Cyke @ 135 and it took a few tries. My plan was to basically get to 20 red & 20 team-up (I almost said "Environment") tiles which would let me fire off two 8000+ shots and take him down.

Of course, didn't pull since I don't have the ISO to take advantage of any unwanted dupes. I'm sure I'll get itchy soon though. 10 legendaries, 1 sanctum sanctorum and 223 CP are going to be burning a hole in my pocket soon.

zulux21

like usual the heroic has a horrid roster.

nothing seems to team up nicely :/

i'm currently running 4 star cyclops, SW and 2 star widow (SW generates purple for widow to steal ap, and green can be used for a little board shake and more ap while cyclops does his own thing)

edit: I am reading that if you somehow get enough 5 star covers to get a dupe from lastest legends if you contact support they will switch it to another color o_O

Dalek

like usual the heroic has a horrid roster.

nothing seems to team up nicely :/

i'm currently running 4 star cyclops, SW and 2 star widow (SW generates purple for widow to steal ap, and green can be used for a little board shake and more ap while cyclops does his own thing)

edit: I am reading that if you somehow get enough 5 star covers to get a dupe from lastest legends if you contact support they will switch it to another color o_O

This is why I hate heroics. I also see the 4 star progression is Elektra so I might not bother since I have her championed.

That said-I've been using her a lot in the past week because she was boosted and I've never realized how potentially great she is. Shadow Step just wrecks people.

My current goal is leveling up Thing and Cyclops to 250-focusing on Thing first since his DDQ is next up after the Professor X re-do.

zulux21

My current goal is leveling up Thing and Cyclops to 250-focusing on Thing first since his DDQ is next up after the Professor X re-do.

0WHMvWw.png

WRONG!!!!

I am justifying being a jerkface because the correct information is positive enough that you won't get mad at me :p

the correct information is that the DDQ on the 5th day will actually have 2 extra nodes. one for thing and one for prof x.

thus both are in a few days :p

from the forums

Top Bottom