• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

I just beat Elektra on what must have been my 10th try. I got a lucky board and denied red and black most of all. What really helped was letting her use her Purple so I could strengthen those tiles.

I got a Red Hulk cover-which I have my my championed Red Hulk and then got another LT. I opened that and got a Red Spider-Gwen.

beat her on the second try... I got lucky and was able to stay inviso while letting her match purple to make me tiles, then had a nice cascade to strengthen my tiles a few times the first turn.

got a green black bolt cover for my troubles... wish I could get his charge tile power

Dalek

I got the Cyclops reward in EOTS and I'm tapping out. A real grind with all the hand enemies and Gorgon.

Now Cyke is fully covered. I think my idea now is to get my fully covered 4 stars to 250 and then focus on leveling up others. Then when I get a cover that would allow me to champion them with a reward, I'll level them up to 270. This way I can try to get everyone within striking distance and minimizing losing valuable 4 star covers.

I got the Cyclops reward in EOTS and I'm tapping out. A real grind with all the hand enemies and Gorgon.

Now Cyke is fully covered. I think my idea now is to get my fully covered 4 stars to 250 and then focus on leveling up others. Then when I get a cover that would allow me to champion them with a reward, I'll level them up to 270. This way I can try to get everyone within striking distance and minimizing losing valuable 4 star covers.

Wow-well done. I am sitting here debating another 5k push to get the 45k reward. Cannot imagine doubling that for the Cyke!

zulux21

got mine, wasn't to bad.
doc oc for the win :p

also
0G5cjYl.png

I wonder if we are getting a bonus one. or if it will just replace a future planned one and set us back one still (though i completed it today)

Malmorian

Beat it on my 3rd try. Got seriously wrecked the 1st two times, to the point that I took a break for a few hours before trying again. Used tons of boosts and took a deep breath...

This time I pulled 3 crits almost in a row, activating his Master Plan ( which I even forgot he had since it never happened in the other 2 fights ) popped my invisibility and killer her on the 3rd turn. Unreal how luck totally changes a fight

Since invisibility doesn't work correctly right now, I'm debating giving this a shot with my 4/0/5 PX. I'll probably have to put some levels into him (he's at 120), but I was kinda looking at doing that anyway once I got his 5th blue.

Edit: Did it on my 5th try. Took 4 match 5's to pull off. And my reward was.... my 5th PX blue. I can now pull of a fully working winfinite.

Yeah, I got it on my 2nd try. Plenty of luck from 5 matches, I got three of those and I was set. Got a Carnage for my trouble, who is now 4/4/4.

Triz

I finally did it after about 10 health packs. I would have stopped long ago if I didn't have a match where she killed me at 159 health left. Pulled a purple miles morales boo.

Spoit

I finally did it after about 10 health packs. I would have stopped long ago if I didn't have a match where she killed me at 159 health left. Pulled a purple miles morales boo.

Yeah, I just barely won on my 6th try with about that much health left. The red was ticking, and she had just converted the strikes I had put like 5 turns worth of pumping up back to her side

Triz

I still haven't been able to beat the boss on the PVE. I had him down to 2500 life one match then he used an AOE and killed my team.

I still haven't been able to beat the boss on the PVE. I had him down to 2500 life one match then he used an AOE and killed my team.

Depending on your level, you either have to bring Quicksilver to be able to swap tiles for matches, or someone to create strike tiles for him for you to match (Elektra at the 4 star level, Patch at the 3 star level). Ideally, you would/could bring both of them and someone to tank for them. Everyone's least favorite character (Cho) is boosted and would tank black for QS and green for Patch, Red Hulk is boosted and would tank Pink for Elektra and Green for QS.

Dalek

Depending on your level, you either have to bring Quicksilver to be able to swap tiles for matches, or someone to create strike tiles for him for you to match (Elektra at the 4 star level, Patch at the 3 star level). Ideally, you would/could bring both of them and someone to tank for them. Everyone's least favorite character (Cho) is boosted and would tank black for QS and green for Patch, Red Hulk is boosted and would tank Pink for Elektra and Green for QS.

Thanks for the advice. I used Rulk, Electra and Patch.

sibarraz

Banned
Question, shoul I farm command points or whatever they name are until I have the chance to drop lots of 5 stars of the same character or I should spend them right away?

I have 27 now

Question, shoul I farm command points or whatever they name are until I have the chance to drop lots of 5 stars of the same character or I should spend them right away?

I have 27 now

I'm at about 180 right now and I'm hoarding them for 2 reasons:

1) I have one or two 4* characters that need to be championed on their next pull. I'm down to 260k ISO and can't afford it right now.

2) I'm at 94/95 roster spots and I don't want to spend the HP to add the one or two characters I'm missing.

If your'e good for HP to buy slots or ISO to level, then definitely spend them!

sibarraz

Banned
I'm at about 180 right now and I'm hoarding them for 2 reasons:

1) I have one or two 4* characters that need to be championed on their next pull. I'm down to 260k ISO and can't afford it right now.

2) I'm at 94/95 roster spots and I don't want to spend the HP to add the one or two characters I'm missing.

If your'e good for HP to buy slots or ISO to level, then definitely spend them!

How expensive could hero slots get? I'm already asting 650 hp per spot, (48 heroes)

zulux21

i love getting 1k hp from the taco vault :3

I spent to much HP getting a strange 3 star... so it's good I got it because I couldn't roster strange lol

huh... also got

from my 30 taco tokens... which makes him fully covered at 5/3/5 o_O

i am quite tempted to level him some since he plays well with iron man 40

Thanks for the tips!

What a pain that fight was. Elektra, Path & Chulk got the job done with all but the latter down to 200 health by the end.

How expensive could hero slots get? I'm already asting 650 hp per spot, (48 heroes)

They cap out at 1,000 per.

zulux21

Is it really good to stockpile tokens? If so, how may should you get before you dump them all?

it's your call, I stock pile 30 at a time because that is when the vaults line up with characters I want.

the characters from the 5 days of the vault always have 5 covers each (at a min the random covers after can be them as well) meaning that 25/300 or 1/12th of the covers are those 3 stars.

some of my most played characters are iron man 40, iron fist, and kamala khan so it makes sense to redeem tokens when I have the highest odds of getting those 3 in one of vaults.

the other vault I am for is the one that is going on now as I like panther, mags and SW.

I actually got 3 panther covers today as well.

I mean, in general if you can save up to 300 of them when you go to redeem them you can for sure get all of the 4 star rewards (with any luck early on and then you can save the rest until you get back up there) but I hate seeing that many tokens so I just do 30 which is a single cycle around for the slightly increased odds.

Dalek

It makes it more likely that you will get something you want if they are vault tokens. Save until you can't stand waiting anymore. For me, that's about 2 tokens.

It's very difficult for me-I want to spend them as soon as I get them-but it IS more beneficial to wait. Especially if the 2 4*s that are in the vault are ones that you already have fully covered. Nothing is worse that winning the lottery and beating the odds and getting that 4 star cover-but it's one you already have.

It's very difficult for me-I want to spend them as soon as I get them-but it IS more beneficial to wait. Especially if the 2 4*s that are in the vault are ones that you already have fully covered. Nothing is worse that winning the lottery and beating the odds and getting that 4 star cover-but it's one you already have.

That's exactly where I am with Taco tokens. I look at both the 4 star covers in the vault, and if I want both I'll use what I have left, and if I don't I won't. I'm up to 29 sweet tokens now, and I used about 20 savory the last time that cycle came around. If the duplicate PX run doesn't offer a pink, I'll be saving the next run too.

Good advice. I'll keep it in mind.

On a side note, this boss is broken as hell. You can only damage him by eliminating strike tiles? But he's not guaranteed to produce them, and it doesn't count as damage if he matches them, which he did non stop in my attempts. I've even used caps shield to try and get rid of strike tiles and it still does nothing.

What were they thinking? One Command point and 200 level points for this?

Blank!

On a side note, this boss is broken as hell. You can only damage him by eliminating strike tiles? But he's not guaranteed to produce them, and it doesn't count as damage if he matches them, which he did non stop in my attempts. I've even used caps shield to try and get rid of strike tiles and it still does nothing.

Hording tokens is really only important if your HP/roster slows are low and/or you're looking toward 4* land IMO.

The boss was fun but challenging. You can use someone like Patch, Elektra, Ms Marvel to give the enemy strike tiles to match away. It has to be a match, can't be removed by cap shield, etc. Quicksilver's black was my preferred method of popping stuff.

Deny black (to avoid his AoE). I would also suggest denying purple until you build up a black stockpile so you can deal with the strike tiles... you don't want them getting out of hand. If a strike tile is 2 matches away from being matched... don't do it. Let the AI make the move that sets up the match (or again, use QS).

My winning team was Spiderman (purple shields + heal), Patch, and QS. I didn't stockpile well enough and ended up losing patch/spiderman. I finished the match with a teamup Captain america shield creating a 3 in a row red match with a stirke tile. Kamala would be my choice replacement over Spiderman, but I don't have her well covered.

You'll need a favorable board. If he gets too much purple to early, you won't be able to handle the boosted damage. 15 black is a death sentence basically. 3 spiderman shields negated his 'regular' damage more or less. Bad shakeup nearly ruined me though.

Dalek

If you look above in this page there are some strategies. I was able to do it first try.

Spoit

I have 27 now

Depends on if your OML/phoenix are anywhere near viable. If so, the 20 ones are the only ones that have it, so you might as well, since waiting will just make the odds worse. If not, you might be better off saving up a few hundred and pulling on the ones that only have 1 type of 5* so you have a chance of actually getting it somewhat reasonably covered.

So they acknowledged that they set progression too high in the latest Enemy of the State run, and are giving out the rewards you should have gotten with the correct progression in repsonse.

Hi, everyone.

Here's an update from Demiurge regarding progression rewards for the Enemy of the State event:

"The score to achieve the top three progression rewards for the Enemy of the State Story event that started on October 27 was set higher than what we want them to be. The rewards required scores that were higher than four clears of each normal mission. We have reduced the scores required to achieve the top three progression rewards for future runs of the event.

Players that scored high enough to receive these rewards on this run of the event will receive the Iso-8, Tokens, and Command Points they would have received later today. Players who achieved a score higher than the current top progression reward will receive an extra Enemy of the State Vault token. We thank everyone who participated in the event and appreciate the feedback we received."

Thank you.

People are calculating that max progression should have been around 101K, so if you finished above that you should be getting 15CP (I just got mine, and I finished at 122K).

Triz

Well shit, I got the token and didn't know why...I stopped progression because it was going to be a waste of time to grind for 1000 ISO. If I had known I would have kept going They seem to be fucking up quite a bit again with this type thing and broken powers like yesterday.

Well shit, I got the token and didn't know why...I stopped progression because it was going to be a waste of time to grind for 1000 ISO. If I had known I would have kept going They seem to be fucking up quite a bit again with this type thing and broken powers like yesterday.

Speaking of which, the broken powers are scheduled to be fixed in the next patch.

Triz

Has anyone pulled 3 or 5 star Doctor Strange? Ive only pulled 250g and 3000 ISO from the vaults respectively. 5 star seems pretty damn good powered up, thanks to the events they let you use him.

Dalek

By the way....in Coversquirrel, I never realized but Carnage makes a great partner for SG. He makes all those annoying tiles and those tiles increase her Purple abilities power.

Edit: damn, just one more Yellow or Green cover for Quake and she'll be fully covered for me. I had no idea-was not paying attention to her at all.

NineH

So they acknowledged that they set progression too high in the latest Enemy of the State run, and are giving out the rewards you should have gotten with the correct progression in repsonse.

People are calculating that max progression should have been around 101K, so if you finished above that you should be getting 15CP (I just got mine, and I finished at 122K).

I thought I would get more CP and got excited since I made it to around 160,000 points. Instead I got an extra EotS token and got 2* Bullseye. Awesome!

By the way....in Coversquirrel, I never realized but Carnage makes a great partner for SG. He makes all those annoying tiles and those tiles increase her Purple abilities power.

Edit: damn, just one more Yellow or Green cover for Quake and she'll be fully covered for me. I had no idea-was not paying attention to her at all.

Are you me ;) my Quake has been stuck at 4/3/5 for months now and her last cover has been eluding me.

As for buffed Carnage, I love sending him in with the loaner and whomever since his red is so quick and devastating.

MiTYH

Has anyone pulled 3 or 5 star Doctor Strange? Ive only pulled 250g and 3000 ISO from the vaults respectively. 5 star seems pretty damn good powered up, thanks to the events they let you use him.

Pulled Blue 3-star Dr. Strange today from a free token

This game's bugs are getting very frustrating on iOS. In almost every PVE I'm being told I need a required character that is on my roster but locked (like the Human Torch screenshot I posted earlier). And now twice today I pulled a 3* from one of the vaults (EOTS) but the "claim" button wasn't active. I pressed the arrow at the top left to try to get the screen to respond and each time the system restored control to me but I didn't have the cover nor did I have the token.

It was only a Rags & Spidey, but it's still annoying.

Ponn

Banned

Oh yay!! That pissed me off, I was 5k away from that damn 15 CP last reward and I was surprised to suddenly see that reward showed up today out of nowhere. And yes indeed it took more than the normal 6 rounds per node to even get that close.

I'm having a rough time on these Dr. Strange fights. These new cinderhead enemies are sponges from damage and after a couple rounds they are churning out these eye beams that do from 2k to 3k a hit. Its making me want to give up but I really really want a Dr. Strange reward.

Oh I finally got a Spider-Gwen in a random draw yesterday. I literally Squee'd outloud.

Oh yay!! That pissed me off, I was 5k away from that damn 15 CP last reward and I was surprised to suddenly see that reward showed up today out of nowhere. And yes indeed it took more than the normal 6 rounds per node to even get that close.

I'm having a rough time on these Dr. Strange fights. These new cinderhead enemies are sponges from damage and after a couple rounds they are churning out these eye beams that do from 2k to 3k a hit. Its making me want to give up but I really really want a Dr. Strange reward.

Oh I finally got a Spider-Gwen in a random draw yesterday. I literally Squee'd outloud.

I just overpowered them for my fights, but if I wasn't looking to do that, I'd probably go with OBW to extend the countdowns and someone who can steal those tiles they put out (She-Hulk, Moonstone, Ant-Man, etc).

Also, just started the Strange PvE, and I beat Kaelicus first try with OML, QS, and IF. And with my first item token (Wand of Watoomb) I pulled a Teen Jean Pink, which means I can finally use her in PvE effectively.

Spoit

This game's bugs are getting very frustrating on iOS. In almost every PVE I'm being told I need a required character that is on my roster but locked (like the Human Torch screenshot I posted earlier). And now twice today I pulled a 3* from one of the vaults (EOTS) but the "claim" button wasn't active. I pressed the arrow at the top left to try to get the screen to respond and each time the system restored control to me but I didn't have the cover nor did I have the token.

It was only a Rags & Spidey, but it's still annoying.

IIRC for that HT thing, it is only the 2* version.

zulux21

I burned like 2.5k HP to get the cover out of the vault (though if I recall right it was pull 6 I just went in for a few more since I got all the 500hp first)

didn't want to be missing him for DDQ in a few months :p

Top Bottom