• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

WRONG!!!!

I am justifying being a jerkface because the correct information is positive enough that you won't get mad at me :p

the correct information is that the DDQ on the 5th day will actually have 2 extra nodes. one for thing and one for prof x.

thus both are in a few days :p

from the forums

Oh sweet! Two Legendary Tokens in one day for me. C'mon Old Man Logan....

zulux21

I wonder how many days of going back and forth with them on CS and the forums it will take before they put me on ignore or ban me >.>

aside from complaining in the shield message thread again and on wave 2 with CS I made this thread in suggustions and feedback.

Triz

I asked on last page but is 5 star Strange in the legendary tokens? Someone said they pulled one, but I don't see him listed in the odds.

zulux21

I don't expect they're going to add him until the start of next season.

most likely, as well as a character change or two.

though not sure if we will know about it before hand since the community manager quit today on the official forums so no reds are left over there.

Dalek

bad zulu bad.

don't spend your elite tokens until strange is added to them #_#

(need to post this somewhere so I remember)

If I recall it won't matter. The contents of your token are determined now when you earn it-not when you open it. They changed this because people were exploiting it with two devices to keep opening them until they got the draw they wanted.

most likely, as well as a character change or two.

though not sure if we will know about it before hand since the community manager quit today on the official forums so no reds are left over there.

He did say someone is taking his place soon so it's not like we don't have a CM anymore.

If I recall it won't matter. The contents of your token are determined now when you earn it-not when you open it. They changed this because people were exploiting it with two devices to keep opening them until they got the draw they wanted.

I don't think it's quite like that. Like, if I were to stop earning Elite tokens today and open them in 6 months, I'd be able to pull a Strange. And, if that were the case, then you'd be able to pull old 5* from the Latest Legends pool just by stockpiling. They have made it less random so that you can pull the same token more than once (using different devices or disconnecting yourself from the net) and get a different result, but I don't think they've made it so that result is determined as soon as you earn the token.

Spoit

That would require a ridiculous amount of storage space, and lead to a ton of bugs whenever they change token compositions.

Dalek

The way it works now is that the RNG is decided at the time you receive the token-not when you open it. That's the only difference.

Spoit

Wouldn't it simply be an array of available pulls for every token? Unless I'm missing your point, that's a pretty tiny footprint.
Every time they change the tokens though? Especially for something like legendaries
which have a super high churn time, they'd need a new array for each iteration of the tokens. Which might cause all kinds of bugs when people hoard them for a year, and like 20 iterations later
The way it works now is that the RNG is decided at the time you receive the token-not when you open it. That's the only difference.

But that (year old) thread was talking about legendary pulls, which are like 90% CP? Especially for the people who are in buy clubs like that.

Dalek

Every time they change the tokens though? Especially for something like legendaries
which have a super high churn time, they'd need a new array for each iteration of the tokens. Which might cause all kinds of bugs when people hoard them for a year, and like 20 iterations later

But that (year old) thread was talking about legendary pulls, which are like 90% CP? Especially for the people who are in buy clubs like that.

The fix for the exploit was the same though-regardless of if it was a LT being discussed. It might not have been that exact thread that went over the details but it was because of that exploit that they changed the way token pulls were decided so they couldn't be manipulated and re-rolled.

By the way they really did a great job redesigning Stsr Lord. He's very useful now-especially when boosted!

The fix for the exploit was the same though-regardless of if it was a LT being discussed. It might not have been that exact thread that went over the details but it was because of that exploit that they changed the way token pulls were decided so they couldn't be manipulated and re-rolled.

By the way they really did a great job redesigning Stsr Lord. He's very useful now-especially when boosted!

I still think you're not exactly right, though. In the simplest terms (and I'm not saying this is exactly how it works), I think that what they did was when you receive the token, the token is given a number. When you actually open the token (if it's not a vault token), it takes that number and translates it to a cover. So to go back to the original point of this discussion, you can still get a new cover from a old token because the translation from number to cover doesn't happen until you open the token.

Edit: If you were right, then vault tokens would be completely screwed if you earned them from one vault and used them on another one.

Dalek

I still think you're not exactly right, though. In the simplest terms (and I'm not saying this is exactly how it works), I think that what they did was when you receive the token, the token is given a number. When you actually open the token (if it's not a vault token), it takes that number and translates it to a cover. So to go back to the original point of this discussion, you can still get a new cover from a old token because the translation from number to cover doesn't happen until you open the token.

Edit: If you were right, then vault tokens would be completely screwed if you earned them from one vault and used them on another one.

Yeah I think Vault tokens and Event tokens work differently-but however they did it, it was to ensure that no matter how many times you "re-rolled" with two devices you always will get the same result.

Spoit

I'm still not sure how that actually addresses the problem brought up in that thread? The vast majority of legendary pulls would be with CP, either the 25 from the events, or (for those kind of people) the 'alliance' ones from buying clubs.

Beat both 4-star fights today, one of them gave me a green Black Bolt cover (who was previously 1/1/0). The other gave me a Hulkbuster, which just increased his champion level, but got me a legendary token as a reward. Used that and got another green Black Bolt. So he's now 3/1/1.

zulux21

Am I crazy or is the PVE unusually difficult this time? I usually have no problems, even the heroic was cake.

levels seem a little higher than normal... but mostly hood + bullseye + muscle is super super annoying.

bulls puts up defense... hood steals everything and muscle gets so many strike tiles out that you just die :/

zulux21

Really, any node with muscles+a character that can move stuff is a recipe for pain.

one day my black suit spiderman will have 5 black covers instead of 1 and he will be usable... until then he isn't worth slowing down my ability to kill them :/

really I should just be smart and use SW to iceman where her tile either will create a little blue by being made and matched or blue by using purple... and stun lock muscles

but I don't have enough ice man green covers to make him all that useful :/

Spoit

one day my black suit spiderman will have 5 black covers instead of 1 and he will be usable... until then he isn't worth slowing down my ability to kill them :/

really I should just be smart and use SW to iceman where her tile either will create a little blue by being made and matched or blue by using purple... and stun lock muscles

but I don't have enough ice man green covers to make him all that useful :/

As long as the 3rd isn't kingpin, JG works well enough to clear up the CD/strikes. Or I guess you could always go with the slow and reliable lazy cap+ironman 40

zulux21

As long as the 3rd isn't kingpin, JG works well enough to clear up the CD/strikes. Or I guess you could always go with the slow and reliable lazy cap+ironman 40

my jean isn't quite up to snuff. I have pulled some covers for her recently but she is still a few away from being really usable.

Ponn

Banned
Yay!! I pulled a third 5 star Black Widow cover and this time got a red power. She is going to be a beast for me now. This makes up for my horrible Heroic 10-pack I won from the versus season that just ended. I got 8 2 star covers, a human torch 3 star and a stever rogers super soldier 3 star. All I could do was sigh, higher chance of 3 and 4 star pulls my ass. I have won a couple 10 packs before and I remember them being just as weak. I do better with single cover pulls. I'm going to do horrible in this Rocket and Groot event too. I don't have a Thing and i'm already way behind in points for the top ranked who obviously have all three special character node characters. But whatever, yay so happy i got a third BW cover with a new power.

zulux21

gah I miss the old community guy already... this post is just sad... anyways inviso woman update.

Grant Invisibility - 7 AP
Creates an Invisibility tile that prevents Invisible Woman from being targeted by match damage and powers.
-Upgrades include creating Protect tiles and granting teammates invisibility for 2 turns.

Force Bubbles - 8 AP
Locks random enemy Strike, Protect and Attack tiles and creates Blue Strike tiles.
-Upgrades include locking more tiles, locking Countdown tiles, and creating more Blue Strike tiles.

Force Field Crush - 10 AP
Create random Force Bubbles and deal damage if there are less than 4 Force Bubbles on the board. Otherwise, converts tiles in Force Bubbles to basic tiles, removes the Force Bubbles and deals damage for each tile removed.
-Upgrades include creating additional Force Bubbles and dealing more damage.

im curious to see the numbers, as it is written she is no longer useful with quicksilver, which was like her only use as it was :/

hopefully the blue strikes are huge to make up for the limited use.

I am curious to see how my 5/5/1 inviso woman ends up being.

im curious to see the numbers, as it is written she is no longer useful with quicksilver, which was like her only use as it was :/

hopefully the blue strikes are huge to make up for the limited use.

I am curious to see how my 5/5/1 inviso woman ends up being.

She's the only 4 star I have fully covered. God I hope she's finally good. I've waited so long, haha.

IW is the reason this game is stressing me out right now.

M74Z693.jpg

The next Doom I pull nets me my 14th cover (I actually trashed several duplicates of her green covers before the Champion system was implemented).

I can't bear the thought of selling another 4* cover if I get one but I don't have the ISO to waste on such a lousy character.

Hell - this is why I'm not even opening Heroic, Elite or Legendary tokens right now.

This has been stressing me out for weeks and something this trivial should not weight on my mind.

Pray for no Doom!

Dalek

IW is the reason this game is stressing me out right now.

The next Doom I pull nets me my 14th cover (I actually trashed several duplicates of her green covers before the Champion system was implemented).

I can't bear the thought of selling another 4* cover if I get one but I don't have the ISO to waste on such a lousy character.

Hell - this is why I'm not even opening Heroic, Elite or Legendary tokens right now.

This has been stressing me out for weeks and something this trivial should not weight on my mind.

Pray for no Doom!

I plan on championing her for the same reason. The game gives me tons of her covers. It's not fair.

I feel like I'm not as concerned with "competitiveness" of champing the "right" characs. I rarely work through a PVP past 300 and usually top out at three clears per node in any PVE and that's gotten me a steady stream of covers and champs and then covers from champs.

That spigot may (will?) at some point dry out but right now it's very enjoyable. Remember when I returned to the game around anniversary time with like three champs and one on the way?

Here's my current champ list:

3*
Hood
MoStorm
Patch
La-z-thor
Magneto
Indie Hulk
GSBW
La-Z-Dake
Spidey
SS Cap
Punisher
BP

2*
Thor
Daken
Cap
Ares
OBW
Cap Ms Marvel
C Storm
MN Mags
AstoWolvie

Currently champing
Rocket n Groot

Ready for champing
4*
IW
X-F Wolvie

3*
DD
She Hulk
Rags
Human Torch Classic
IM40
Falcon
Sentry
UXM Cyclops
Blade Day
SW

2*
DA Bullseye

So, yeah, really enjoying the game now lol

zulux21

Don't forget she will have increased sell price if you still don't like her.

i suppose, but unless I had an extra grant invisibility cover to get the deadpool daily legendary I wouldn't do it... I mean sure hers are like 200 days apart right now so I could likely get another of her covers before then but still.

also sounds like agent venom is a 4 star.

Marvel.com: Let’s go over Agent Venom's abilities. I feel like there are so many different directions you guys could have gone.

Josh Austin: Flash’s first ability is called Symbiotic Assault and it costs 10 Red AP. Venom channels the power of his alien symbiote to unleash the ultimate tactical strike to deal damage. If you have at least 12 AP in any color, it deals bonus damage as well.

Agent Venom’s second ability is called Military Might and it costs 5 Black AP. Flash Thompson’s military skills help keep his alien symbiote in check—for a time. He drains 2 AP from the highest friendly AP pool and deals damage. If you have at least 14 AP in any color, this power becomes Alien Weakness.

Alien Weakness costs 0 Black AP. The Venom symbiote asserts its dominance, lashing out and fighting with Flash for control. At the start of your turn, it drains 2 AP from the highest friendly AP pool, destroys random tiles and deals self-damage to Venom. The destroyed tiles do not generate AP. If all friendly AP pools are below 14, this power becomes Military Might again.

Lastly, Flash’s third ability is called Take Cover and costs 11 Yellow AP. For this ability Agent Venom lets loose his arsenal and lays down cover, so his allies can regroup. Deals AOE damage to the enemy team and renders all of Venom’s allies invisible for two or more turns.

Josh Austin: Agent Venom is available starting on November 17 and can be earned in the Thick as Thieves Event that same day and will also be available in the Simulator Story Event Vault on November 21.

zulux21

to be fair if this leads to more characters from the spiderman cartoon making it I am okay with that.

characters from the cartoon that I would like to see in but aren't.
yes she is basically a white suited black panther :p

the one they should have made instead of agent venom...
carnage queen

ghost spider... who basically fights like kitty pride would and while be a poor replacement for her, but it doesn't seem like the game will every have kitty.

Another fucking Venom??

to be fair.... venom does take a lot of victims.

zulux21

numbers are out... and she doesn't seem all that exciting. I am not sure who I would team her up with at all.

max champ merely doubles every number so I won't bother posting it.

i mean 3 strength 180 strike tiles for 8 blue doesn't seem bad.
and 8k damage for 10 green isn't horrible.

but neither is exciting.

her yellow isn't bad, but it seems like iron man's battery would still reduce more damage than the inviso and protect tiles ever will by killing things much faster.

Dalek

Oh nooooooooooooo

I pulled a Cyclops cover. He's level 191 and fully covered.

But-I'm working on leveling Thing because there is a Thing cover as a progression reward in this PVP. He's 259.

WHAT DO I DO. I can't possibly get Cyclops championed in 2 weeks right??

Top Bottom