• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Oh nooooooooooooo

I pulled a Cyclops cover. He's level 191 and fully covered.

But-I'm working on leveling Thing because there is a Thing cover as a progression reward in this PVP. He's 259.

WHAT DO I DO. I can't possibly get Cyclops championed in 2 weeks right??

You can if you feel like grinding. Do you feel like grinding?

zulux21

Oh nooooooooooooo

But-I'm working on leveling Thing because there is a Thing cover as a progression reward in this PVP. He's 259.

you can... it just costs like $200.

Triz

Oh nooooooooooooo

Sell max champed 2*s ?

Spoit

Oh nooooooooooooo

I did, but he was already parked in the mid-200s. LRs are essential, and having a few hundred tokens to burn helped too.

Worst case scenario, burn some almost-maxed 2*s

EDIT: But yes, this is why you just hold onto your ISO until you get the covers to champ. Especially for super marginal characters like thing

I did, but he was already parked in the mid-200s. LRs are essential, and having a few hundred tokens to burn helped too.

Worst case scenario, burn some almost-maxed 2*s

EDIT: But yes, this is why you just hold onto your ISO until you get the covers to champ. Especially for super marginal characters like thing

"LRs"?

gzs0y.jpg

omfg gwenpool forever

Also, are these (basically) $20 vaults going to be a thing now?

If so...>ulp<

NineH

Ugh, missed 10th place by about 70 points in the PvE. I could have used those 2 kate covers and I did so much grinding too. Oh well, on to the next PvE grind I guess.

Looks like Medusa will be the next character after Agent Venom. And Clearance Level 8 has debuted in PvP, bringing with it a whole lot of nothing (a little more ISO and HP in placement and progression).

And I decided to skip down to CL7 in PvE after continuing to barely finish top 200 in CL8, and I'm looking at my first top 10 in months. I might just stay here for a while.

MiTYH

New Crash up with invisible woman. I'm at 5/1/3 so I'll give it a solid chance, just gotta span invisibility and hope for the best

EDIT: First try, easy peasy. Stay invisible (didn't know it stacked and you could have more than one at once), only his blue can hurt you. Got 5-star black bolt (yellow) for my trouble! Only need about 35 HP for a new slot so I was safe to pull, should easily get that in 14 days

Triz

I finally pulled the last red Hulk cover today! I have 15 more levels to finish up 4* Deadpool, then Ill do the last 20 on Red Hulk.

Dalek

Champing my Red Hulk was such a great decision. He's a beast.

He really is. He's a one trick pony, but it's the only trick you need.

I championed Thing-got a red Deadpool cover to level up my championed Deadpool.

In the Crash today I earned a Kate cover-she's 0/3/3 for me now.

zulux21

New Crash up with invisible woman. I'm at 5/1/3 so I'll give it a solid chance, just gotta span invisibility and hope for the best

EDIT: First try, easy peasy. Stay invisible (didn't know it stacked and you could have more than one at once), only his blue can hurt you. Got 5-star black bolt (yellow) for my trouble! Only need about 35 HP for a new slot so I was safe to pull, should easily get that in 14 days

took forever because I couldn't get blue (I think I had 7 inviso tiles at one point lol)

anyways I got a dupe ant man cover for it...
which I sold for 1k iso
which gave me enough to champ 2 star ares again
which I then got a heroic from
which I then chased in for a yellow ares
which then gave me 250 iso

:p

So for someone who hasn't played since the first few months of launch back in '13-- how bad is the barrier of entry to start over?

I'd say it'll probably take you about 6 months to get back to a decent 3 star level, and a year or so (maybe less depending on how covers fall) for you to get into the 4 star transition. The changes over the past year or so have made things much easier for starting out, but once you get to the 4 star level things are as much of a slog as they've always been, from what I can tell.

I'd say it'll probably take you about 6 months to get back to a decent 3 star level, and a year or so (maybe less depending on how covers fall) for you to get into the 4 star transition. The changes over the past year or so have made things much easier for starting out, but once you get to the 4 star level things are as much of a slog as they've always been, from what I can tell.

I'm like 1100 days in and barely at a 4* level.

I'm like 1100 days in and barely at a 4* level.

I consider the 4 star transition (i.e. when your 4 star characters start to be as useful/powerful as your 3 star characters) to start, generally speaking, once you have at least half of your 3 stars champed. You should be at that point after a year.

Edit: For reference, I have 38/41 3* champed (missing Strange [of course], and Sentry and Rags I literally didn't have rostered until a month or so ago), and I'm at about 400 days now.

I consider the 4 star transition (i.e. when your 4 star characters start to be as useful/powerful as your 3 star characters) to start, generally speaking, once you have at least half of your 3 stars champed. You should be at that point after a year.

Edit: For reference, I have 38/41 3* champed (missing Strange [of course], and Sentry and Rags I literally didn't have rostered until a month or so ago), and I'm at about 400 days now.

Ah, I ok I understand. I have 40 3* characters champed (no Strange of course) and three 4* ones champed along with a few others at max level. That's only about 6 fully covered 4* though so I don't really consider myself in 4* territory.

To be fair we didn't have it as easy as it is now for 2 1/2 years.

True. With DDQ, champion levels, Command Points, Legendary Tokens, Elite tokens and Shield Levels things are easier now.

True enough! The leap to from 2-3 was a huge struggle back in the day.

zulux21

I only have 1 4 star character that is as useful as my 3 star characters :p

but the current state of the game is indeed much better. with CP and legendary events my 4 star roster has built up well enough that I can do a good chunk of the legendary clashes.

I was playing ToT with M Storm, Patch, and Groot just cuz they were all Crystaled and I was getting bodied by those Muscle nodes and I NEED dat Venom. So I was like. Ben. Play smart not big. Play smart.

So I roll out Patch. And BP.

AND OBW.

Squish. Nailed those fuckers.

I was playing ToT with M Storm, Patch, and Groot just cuz they were all Crystaled and I was getting bodied by those Muscle nodes and I NEED dat Venom. So I was like. Ben. Play smart not big. Play smart.

So I roll out Patch. And BP.

AND OBW.

Squish. Nailed those fuckers.

OBW + Patch + IM40 is my goto for goon only nodes. And now that I finally have 5 pink for Teen Jean, she's coming in real handy for all these Muscle + Bullseye nodes.

zulux21

OBW + Patch + IM40 is my goto for goon only nodes. And now that I finally have 5 pink for Teen Jean, she's coming in real handy for all these Muscle + Bullseye nodes.

when I get strange up there... my goto is going to be 5 star wolverine, iron fist, and steven strange.

IF puts the attack tile down and generates black for wolverine... and then the attack and steven's nuke basically go off every turn for big damage against goons :p

Malmorian

MPQ knows..they fucking know. Finally had a spare slot, decided to grab Moonstone as her covers drop like rain. Instantly I pull a Legendary...who is Kate Bishop, my 1st cover for her.

Bye Moonstone, we could have had something magical together.

Triz

I know it doesn't matter much, but Ill be damned if a node of Magneto and Hood only boosted to 300+ isn't a bitch. Magneto can hit so damn hard and hood constantly draining your reserves sucks.

edit* and I never realized that Jean Gray's purple cleared countdown tiles. Give me more covers stat, she has priority to level after Red Hulk.

brickface

I got 2CP from my champed Doom today.

I've got that new Venom and Wasp waiting for me to hit 950HP, any idea which I should roster first?

Well it's done. Like ripping a band-aid off. Now you don't have to sweat getting all those dupes.

hold the phone-you have five Black Bolt covers????

I know you're right....but now I'm down to 200k ISO so my collection of unopened LTs and CP is going to continue to grow. I won't let Sue Storm be the reason I have to trash covers, dammit!

I'm not sure how I ended up with 5 Black Bolt covers to be honest. I think I ended up pulling two in a row when he first came out. None of my 5* characters are well covered enough to be really usable. These are the rest:

Triz

PB, welcome to the we have IW champed club. Her buff made her not useless, but not as helpful as she was before. I preferred being able to choose where I was locking tiles...but now she is quite a bit more offensive.

Edit* managed a top 100 in the PVE and scored the Venom.

Edit 2* Red Hulk is complete!

Top Bottom