• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

What level team do you need to clear every node? I usually stall out at 5/6 or even 4/6 on the harder nodes and I have boosted 3* characs at around 250

max level 3 stars should be more than enough in general.

anyways my current 5 stars.
aka OML is my only usable one
IaeuFud.png

zulux21

But by the time you're on 5/6 you're fighting like level 230 bad dudes.

Do you mean max level including champed?

no I just mean max level.

I take out level 300+ nodes with my 180-190 3 stars all the time o.o;

I got 2CP from my champed Doom today.

I've got that new Venom and Wasp waiting for me to hit 950HP, any idea which I should roster first?

I would go with the venom b ecause wasp sucks and venom at least is okish...
that being said do you have any 1 or 2 stars that are not needed? (note any one star not named juggs is unneeded)

zulux21

Who?

That's way higher than my current champeds.

:(

even then though a bit lower isn't a huge difference. the main thing is having a good team set up.

iron man 40 + kamala khan + mags or cap tends to be solid in PVE.

and charlies angels I believe the alternate name for winifinite which is prof x, 3 star widow and scarlet witch. but it requires at least 3 of profx blue covers to think about doing it, preferably 5.

even then though a bit lower isn't a huge difference. the main thing is having a good team set up.

iron man 40 + kamala khan + mags or cap tends to be solid in PVE.

and charlies angels I believe the alternate name for winifinite which is prof x, 3 star widow and scarlet witch. but it requires at least 3 of profx blue covers to think about doing it, preferably 5.

Yeah I'm not there with KK or Professor X. Any suggestions on replacements for either team?

zulux21

Yeah I'm not there with KK or Professor X. Any suggestions on replacements for either team?

hmmm... I would need to see your roster.

I used to get pretty far with iron fist + luke cage + a third character, sometimes daken, or falcon or blade (daken or blade to make strike tiles, falcon to power up the tiles cage and fist put out as well as deal with special tiles from the enemy)

I used to get pretty far with iron fist + luke cage + a third character, sometimes daken, or falcon or blade (daken or blade to make strike tiles, falcon to power up the tiles cage and fist put out as well as deal with special tiles from the enemy)

lol for all those teams I'm missing at least one key component.

IF and PM are both not there.
Falcon is not there.

Working on a Blade champ right now.

Current champs:
3*
Hood
M Storm
Patch
La-Z-Thor
GSBW
Daken
Mags
Hulk
IM40
R/G
Spider-Man
SS Cap
Punisher
BP

2*
Thor
Daken
Ares
Cap
OBW
Cap Marvel
C Storm
Wolverine
MN Mags

Anything I can work with? :D

Falcon, Fist & Cage were my go to for at least a year.

Current champs:
3*
Hood
M Storm
Patch
La-Z-Thor
GSBW
Daken
Mags
Hulk
IM40
R/G
Spider-Man
SS Cap
Punisher
BP

IM40, BP, Cap, Mags & Hulk all serve a good purpose.

If it were me I'd probably run IM40, BP & Hulk. Get 12 yellow covers and pop IM's battery twice. I don't think it'll feed BP's black but at least you can build that as I believe Hulk will tank that color.

zulux21

lol for all those teams I'm missing at least one key component.

IF and PM are both not there.
Falcon is not there.

Working on a Blade champ right now.

Current champs:
3*
Hood
M Storm
Patch
La-Z-Thor
GSBW
Daken
Mags
Hulk
IM40
R/G
Spider-Man
SS Cap
Punisher
BP

2*
Thor
Daken
Ares
Cap
OBW
Cap Marvel
C Storm
Wolverine
MN Mags

Anything I can work with? :D

how covered is your loki?

champ patch + a level 110 or so loki makes for a very solid combo.

though IF is my go to addition for that team as well, 3 star mags would likely work well with them.

Falcon, Fist & Cage were my go to for at least a year.

yup.
\
I have moved up a bit. and now use IF + OML + someone else.
or iron man 40 + KK + 4 star cyclops.

how covered is your loki?

champ patch + a level 110 or so loki makes for a very solid combo.

though IF is my go to addition for that team as well, 3 star mags would likely work well with them.

yup.
\
I have moved up a bit. and now use IF + OML + someone else.
or iron man 40 + KK + 4 star cyclops.

Loki is almost full and like 120. I'll give it a shot.

zulux21

Loki is almost full and like 120. I'll give it a shot.

yeah the loki patch is a simple thing.

collect 9 green (have patch on 5 green covers)
and 11 black (typically it's best to have a third character that tanks black for loki since loki is squishy)

then fire green, and then black.

you end up with 6 strong strike tiles, and 6 strong defense tiles.

end result is the enemies should melt after that.

yeah the loki patch is a simple thing.

collect 9 green (have patch on 5 green covers)
and 11 black (typically it's best to have a third character that tanks black for loki since loki is squishy)

then fire green, and then black.

you end up with 6 strong strike tiles, and 6 strong defense tiles.

end result is the enemies should melt after that.

Awesome. Thanks!!

zulux21

hmmm still debating if I want to save up CP so once I get a yellow strange cover I can just take it all the way to 5 so I can start melting goons in pve lol

Spoit

I thought charlies angels was shulk/cstorm/kk? Which can get some pretty radical comboing, but not quite winfinite levels

Ugh that Hood + Magneto node in TaT.....

I'm still slogging away trying to move to 3*, somehow the RNG has me at 11/13 on Deadpool. Dropping whales is fun, haven't found a team that works with him yet.

Blank!

What level team do you need to clear every node? I usually stall out at 5/6 or even 4/6 on the harder nodes and I have boosted 3* characs at around 250

little late to this....

If you have any 5*'s, they're usually find for clearing the lower nodes for basically "free".

For the Venom event (not simulator), I got a LOT of mileage out of Rocket & Groot. Just keep an eye on enemy levels, and walk him out to the front to eat the damage, match yellow to heal to full.. rinse and repeat. Cycle DPS characters behind him (2* Mags makes a good teamup for blue generation to get his massive attack tiles out).

Patch/OBW/IM40 has been my go-to team for goon nodes (and nodes with 1-2 goons + regular). Make 2 yellow matches, fire off yellow, patch green & red, obw blue to delay goon nodes then let OBW clean up with her double-dip strike tile damage. This obviously won't work if you're in 4* land. Patch tanks everything, goons shouldn't get a shot off. If it's a bad board, simply retreat before taking damage from anything. You'll lose much less health this way.

The required nodes have been horrendous for me. 2* Thor doesn't have the punch anymore, my 3* beast is poorly covered, and my Kate is even worse. Again, Rocket & Groot has been my savior.

Blank!

Ugh that Hood + Magneto node in TaT.....

I'm still slogging away trying to move to 3*, somehow the RNG has me at 11/13 on Deadpool. Dropping whales is fun, haven't found a team that works with him yet.

If you have a 5*, use him and damage boosts and just burn down hood. I don't, but I hear it works pretty well.

OBW works to counter hood's blue steal (more or less) and double dips damage. You'll basically have to health kit every time though.

Daredevil or Capt America can keep Magneto afterward basically perma-stunned. IM40 is the partner of choice for either.

Iron Fist + strike tile maker can work too (Blade, Dakan, etc.). It can get you thru Hood faster anyway.

With OBW, you want to make blue matches your priority but don't let red get out of control. Yellow shouldn't be an issue (or black, but you can espionage black too). Avoid matching teamup tiles to keep the # of colors on the board low to mitigate Hood some.

zulux21

Don't forget that there are 3 of his covers in progression rewards for the PvP simulator.

I'd rather just waste CP then grind that out :/
even in the simulator as soon as I hit 800 I start losing 100+ points a match.
no way I am getting the strange covers, and I don't feel like sitting there focused on MPQ for hours.

I will just stick with PVE and slowly get 10 CP per PVE and get it that way... though I do need to eventually get a yellow cover for him to use the CP.... though worst case it will be like 150 days before I get one as he is supposed to be added the next time the DDQ roster resets on like dec 21st.

I mean, there's already a name for that? Winfinite

yeah but it's a crappy name and charlies angels would be better for it :p

looking around it does seem it is just an alt name for winfinite
https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/wiki/nicknamedictionary

little late to this....

If you have any 5*'s, they're usually find for clearing the lower nodes for basically "free".

For the Venom event (not simulator), I got a LOT of mileage out of Rocket & Groot. Just keep an eye on enemy levels, and walk him out to the front to eat the damage, match yellow to heal to full.. rinse and repeat. Cycle DPS characters behind him (2* Mags makes a good teamup for blue generation to get his massive attack tiles out).

Patch/OBW/IM40 has been my go-to team for goon nodes (and nodes with 1-2 goons + regular). Make 2 yellow matches, fire off yellow, patch green & red, obw blue to delay goon nodes then let OBW clean up with her double-dip strike tile damage. This obviously won't work if you're in 4* land. Patch tanks everything, goons shouldn't get a shot off. If it's a bad board, simply retreat before taking damage from anything. You'll lose much less health this way.

The required nodes have been horrendous for me. 2* Thor doesn't have the punch anymore, my 3* beast is poorly covered, and my Kate is even worse. Again, Rocket & Groot has been my savior.

Ugh this is amazing advice thank you.

Triz

Looks like Medusa will be the next character after Agent Venom. And Clearance Level 8 has debuted in PvP, bringing with it a whole lot of nothing (a little more ISO and HP in placement and progression).

And I decided to skip down to CL7 in PvE after continuing to barely finish top 200 in CL8, and I'm looking at my first top 10 in months. I might just stay here for a while.

I joined Clearance 7 for this PVE. You are right, less competition without a reduction in rewards that matters.

Spoit

FUCK
kCQyVCom.png

Literally 10 seconds too slow. If I had just skipped ONE of those dump shield intercepts (at least 3 of which I clicked accidentally)

brickface

I would go with the venom b ecause wasp sucks and venom at least is okish...
that being said do you have any 1 or 2 stars that are not needed? (note any one star not named juggs is unneeded)

Thanks. Haven't really got anyone to get rid of - I only have Juggs, and two star Mags, Hawkeye and Thor - and all the rest of the 70 odd characters I've got are three, four and five stars. Hoping I can get the 1,000 HP card in Deadpool's Daily, that'd help

zulux21

the new update screwed up champ levels. it will take you to a recruit page when you apply one right now, but it seems like you get the rewards and your champ levels up fine so there is no need to freak out.

MiTYH

the new update screwed up champ levels. it will take you to a recruit page when you apply one right now, but it seems like you get the rewards and your champ levels up fine so there is no need to freak out.

Yeah noticed that. Seems to be cosmetic but affecting everyone. Fix one bug, replace it with another...

New clash today. Carnage VS Doc Oc. My poor 0/1/0 doesn't stand a chance sadly

Sees the Titan Node and realizes I have a pretty decent Carnage.

Realizes the fight is against his hard counter and there's almost no chance of winning. Classic MPQ, right here.

zulux21

Sees the Titan Node and realizes I have a pretty decent Carnage.

Realizes the fight is against his hard counter and there's almost no chance of winning. Classic MPQ, right here.

to be fair while playing as carnage on a one on one like this you aren't in that bad of shape.

as long as you just collect AP and do match damage for a while his blue won't do anything when fired aside from make some attack tiles.

so you stop green period... and then from there deny some blue, but ideally by the time he fires that off you can just fire off a bunch of attacks and kill decently, i mean it requires him to get 22 blue to be really dangerous.

to be fair while playing as carnage on a one on one like this you aren't in that bad of shape.

as long as you just collect AP and do match damage for a while his blue won't do anything when fired aside from make some attack tiles.

so you stop green period... and then from there deny some blue, but ideally by the time he fires that off you can just fire off a bunch of attacks and kill decently, i mean it requires him to get 22 blue to be really dangerous.

That's exactly what I've been doing. But he uses his blue, generates my tiles, and 100% matches one or two of them on that same turn. Boom, almost a grand of damage per turn.
My Carnage is 3 Red and 3 Black, so blocking green gets me close, but I'll always get out damaged.

Edit: Whoo. Just beat it. Had a miracle game where I got a few match fives and cascades. Cleaned out all my health packs and most of my boosts though.

zulux21

That's exactly what I've been doing. But he uses his blue, generates my tiles, and 100% matches one or two of them on that same turn. Boom, almost a grand of damage per turn.
My Carnage is 3 Red and 3 Black, so blocking green gets me close, but I'll always get out damaged.

Edit: Whoo. Just beat it. Had a miracle game where I got a few match fives and cascades. Cleaned out all my health packs and most of my boosts though.

i beat him on my third try with my level 130 carnage.
got a useless ant man cover for it... (like the 6th one i have had to sell)

I also got 25 champ points today giving me enough for two pulls...
red thing and black gwenpool.

my thing is now 3/3/5 and gwenpool is 0/2/0 :p

i beat him on my third try with my level 130 carnage.
got a useless ant man cover for it... (like the 6th one i have had to sell)

I also got 25 champ points today giving me enough for two pulls...
red thing and black gwenpool.

my thing is now 3/3/5 and gwenpool is 0/2/0 :p

I got a Jean Gray. I panicked at first because I didn't have the space for her, but then realized she's just hiding in my sea of single covered heroes.

Yay!

zulux21

I got a Jean Gray. I panicked at first because I didn't have the space for her, but then realized she's just hiding in my sea of single covered heroes.

Yay!

for single covers I am not doing to horrible I think the only 4 star I am missing in general is agent venom, which I could have gotten from PVE progression but didn't care enough to...

I should note... quake is actually a second copy of her... I have a fully covered quake already lol.

for single covers I am not doing to horrible I think the only 4 star I am missing in general is agent venom, which I could have gotten from PVE progression but didn't care enough to...

Damn. I have, like 13 now. Haha. It's what I've hated the most about the four star transition. They release new heroes faster than I can cover any old ones to be useful, and my luck keeps giving me someone I don't have through the drops.

I've been at this game since the beginning. And only three four star characters are covered enough to be useful.

zulux21

Damn. I have, like 13 now. Haha. It's what I've hated the most about the four star transition. They release new heroes faster than I can cover any old ones to be useful, and my luck keeps giving me someone I don't have through the drops.

I've been at this game since the beginning. And only three four star characters are covered enough to be useful.

my favorite luck is

that last cover is never going to come :/

Dalek

The 4 star release did bother me in the past-but now I just make my small goals like trying to level up the fully covered ones I have-and while I'm doing that, the other 4 star covers inevitably show up.

My plan of getting my 4 stars to level 250 is working so far. I've got Ant-Man, Kingpin and Cyclops there now-and I just pulled a Kingpin cover, so I'm going to level him up and 2 weeks is plenty of time.

Next I need to focus on leveling up Drax since his DDQ Crash is coming up in 10 days

Triz

I loathe Simulator PVE events. apparently others do to as Im not even clearing all the nodes 4 times and on the third day Im still in top 100 albeit barely. Just got my Venom cover and think Im not gonna try to much harder.

The 4 star release did bother me in the past-but now I just make my small goals like trying to level up the fully covered ones I have-and while I'm doing that, the other 4 star covers inevitably show up.

My plan of getting my 4 stars to level 250 is working so far. I've got Ant-Man, Kingpin and Cyclops there now-and I just pulled a Kingpin cover, so I'm going to level him up and 2 weeks is plenty of time.

Next I need to focus on leveling up Drax since his DDQ Crash is coming up in 10 days

I'm in a pretty bad spot though, since almost all of my 4* are maxed out and I'm sitting on 55k iso. Even my 3* are either champed or maxed. Only ones I can level are 5* that have a few covers and aren't very useful, Invisible Woman, and Devil Dino. All of which seem like I'm just throwing the ISO away.

Blank!

I loathe Simulator PVE events. apparently others do to as Im not even clearing all the nodes 4 times and on the third day Im still in top 100 albeit barely. Just got my Venom cover and think Im not gonna try to much harder.

Some of the nodes are way more brutal than others.

It certainly doesn't help that Agent Venom's essential absolutely SUCKS. He actively sabotages your team. I was running him (essential), 3* Capt, and IM40 and I hit 12 blue... alien weakness kicks in drops it to 10. I hit 13 blue, alien weakness hits drops it to 11.... I line up 4 in a row and snag 2 blue, back to 13! Whoops, alien weakness we're back at 11.

Ate so much unnecessary damage because i couldn't get the damn shield out.

Then I finally get the farm going... WHOOPS alien weakness because I don't have a green spender, I have a 100% chance of hitting your protect/captain america tiles!

Was easiest first round when iceman would stun Agent Venom for me -_-

Dalek

I'm in a pretty bad spot though, since almost all of my 4* are maxed out and I'm sitting on 55k iso. Even my 3* are either champed or maxed. Only ones I can level are 5* that have a few covers and aren't very useful, Invisible Woman, and Devil Dino. All of which seem like I'm just throwing the ISO away.

Devil Dino you aren't going to get more covers for until next year.

I'm of the mindset that you should just bite the bullet and level up IW. You are always going to get dupe covers for her and it's just going to piss you off. Might as well put the covers to use.

If you've leveled up as much as you can, just sit on the ISO and wait till the 4 star covers come (and they will) and then you can level them up immediately.

Top Bottom