• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Spoit

Devil Dino you aren't going to get more covers for until next year.

I'm of the mindset that you should just bite the bullet and level up IW. You are always going to get dupe covers for her and it's just going to piss you off. Might as well put the covers to use.

If you've leveled up as much as you can, just sit on the ISO and wait till the 4 star covers come (and they will) and then you can level them up immediately.

Yes that bolded is my advice. Don't be silly and waste hundreds of thousands leveling everyone to some intermediate value, just hoard and level the single characters as needed. That's what I did when I was champing rulk and cykes back to back

Won the 4-star fight on my first try, got a green Black Bolt again, he's now 3/2/0 and quite usable (when leveled).

Championed my Star-Lord and got a blue Fury cover, which I did not need. He's at 2/5/5 and I just need that one yellow cover. Grr.

Also in recent days got covers for 4-star Punisher and Gwenpool, too. Plenty of those covers lately.

Spoit

Seriously though guys, can you chill it with the 1 cover 5* TUs? GG may be still useful, though I can't actually recall what any of the non-purple colors do. And I guess the strange one might be somewhat useful, if the stun procs both turns too.

But really, the 1* and 2* widows are by far the most useful TUs to send

Spoit

Is a 3 cover 5 star OK? just asking because thats what I usually send.

The iron man? I've only gotten the blue from that, which is... rather mediocre board shake. Juggs is probably better, since you often want to use the red too (and is 4 AP cheaper)

Seriously though guys, can you chill it with the 1 cover 5* TUs? GG may be still useful, though I can't actually recall what any of the non-purple colors do. And I guess the strange one might be somewhat useful, if the stun procs both turns too.

But really, the 1* and 2* widows are by far the most useful TUs to send

The only 5 star I send are a two cover Goblin pink and a (currently) 3 cover Phoenix Red. If you don't want them, I won't send them.

Triz

I never even ask for team ups, curious how you can tell the one you got has only one cover? Isn't it random anyway?

Spoit

I do appreciate you sending them... it's just that picking some 3* at random would probably be more useful. Much less the 1 or 2 star widows, which again, are head and shoulders above any other TU in utility.

But again, thanks.

I do appreciate you sending them... it's just that picking some 3* at random would probably be more useful. Much less the 1 or 2 star widows, which again, are head and shoulders above any other TU in utility.

But again, thanks.

Don't have MBW, but when I'm not sending those two 5*, I usually try to send either 3* Deadpool or OBW. And I try not to send both 5* to anyone.

zulux21

if people want the exp then send them to me. part of the reason I request so many team ups is I randomly use them just to request more so you guys can get more exp.

5 stars give more exp so if you want to send those go ahead.

if I ever need certain team ups I will ask for them... I rarely do though lol.

But again, thanks.

you can have all my vision team ups :3

on a serious note, I am currently likely to start sending gwenpool to anyone that requests team ups as a mostly useless team up...
though if you time it right it gets you defense tiles and lets you dodge a big attack lol

But again, thanks.

I pretty much only send 1* BW, 2* BW and 3* Deadpool. Figured they are probably some of the more helpful ones.

zulux21

crawled my way up in the pvp sim in order to get the strange covers... since i am only 300 away from blade I am tempted, but it will depend on how much I Fall by the time I get home from work.

if I am still with in 500 I will go for it otherwise screw it.

Dalek

Championed Kingpin. Got a lousy X-Force black cover.

bcga.gif

Blank!

So I am coming up on 90 days playing this game.

Is there anything I am doing wrong with my roster so far?

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/IggyKP/

Thanks

Just my two cents, but I wouldn't level up your 3*'s all that much. I'd recommend ~level 94 then jump to ~127 mostly all in one go. Keeps scaling fairly even and allows your ISO to build up. ISO prices hike up pretty drastically after 120ish or so. Having Deadpool at 140 versus ~120 isn't really hurting anything but it's also not "worth" the ISO at that point, there won't be a significant difference in his abilities. Having most of your 3*'s (when you get the covers) at 94 - 120 will make them usable right along side your 2*'s... it's great for a bit... until you start going to 166 and the 2*'s start to not cut it anymore.

The point in stockpiling ISO is in case you land on some important 3* covers all at once or when you get to the point of wanting/needing to champion multiple 3* at once. You want the least possible covers dying on the vine.

If you have HP, I'd also consider starting to work on duplicate 2*'s once they hit ~140. Ideally, you want a 2nd 2* with all the covers he needs to champ once your other 2* hits max champ level (instead of having a max 2* at 144, and 5 yellow Ares covers on your new ares... and pull another yellow you can't use). May not be feasible depending on your whaling/HP, but worth pursuing IMO in the long run.

I'd also personally ditch Ironman and grab a Juggernaut. He's a more useful teamup to loan out and will still get the job done. He's also (surprisingly) useful for full goon nodes in PvE for the cheap YOLO board shake (still better as a teamup...).

Looks solid to me, you've got a lot of 3-stars, more than I did at that point. Eventually you'll want to start ditching 2 stars for 4 stars, hopefully you haven't been tossing them. But it looks fine to me, just keep raising 3 stars as you can

I bought VIP up until a few weeks ago, otherwise I got lucky and pulled a 2900HP token as a reward. Otherwise I just do DDQ when I can.

I tossed a bunch of 4 stars early on when I had 0 clue what I was doing:(

Haven't had many in a while(I don't open my LT). I wouldn't have had the space anyway.

I got enough for 2 slots still, should I wait for any good 4 stars or recruit more 3-stars?

I got 3-star Spider, Human Torch, Vision and Doc Ock in the queue now. These seem 'meh' from what I see.

I also got a 4-star Invisible Woman I have 10 days to decide.

Spoit

Meh, fuck it, not going to bother going for the venom progression. Boosted x-23 is not super fun to fight against in general, and doubly so when I don't have any of the boosted 4*s at usable levels

zulux21

at least they were nice and didn't give inviso woman full green covers, but inviso woman is a much harder one on one target now.

got a wasp cover for it.

Triz

I leveled mine up as far as I could take her 131 I think. Cant get it done, even with boosted damage.

Edit double boosted damage (spent 100g on the all color boost) Got it done. Pulled a purple Iceman.

zulux21

I'm still surprised they didn't go with fury or teen jean for this (teen made the most sense, as she shares 2 colors and quake's aoe protection would actually do something.)

Dalek

I got a Nova and Moon Knight from my season 10 pack. And a 3 star Punisher which ended up giving my a 4 star Punisher as a Champion reward.

So I've been attempting to grind my way into a top 10 PvE finish for a Teen Jean cover and even with dropping down a level, it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. I just don't have this level of grind in me, especially for 7 days. Luckily, IM40 is a good consolation prize.

zulux21

so i am hoping that my normal habit of getting female characters extends to medusa.

looks quite useful to team up with IF and strange on goon nodes.

though her attack from the tile and attack tiles could be very sexy with OML and strike tiles instead.

though her other two moves aren't impressive.

effects when matching special tiles that are either healing or gaining ap, and taking control of them.

thus she is only really effective with other special tiles.

though her red passive that makes attack tiles when matched could at least use the purple passive to heal... so if it is a good amount of healing it could still be useful.

So I've been attempting to grind my way into a top 10 PvE finish for a Teen Jean cover and even with dropping down a level, it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. I just don't have this level of grind in me, especially for 7 days. Luckily, IM40 is a good consolation prize.

Update:

It took 2 days of grinding more than I've ever ground in this game (including staying up until 4:30 in the morning both days), but

And on top of that, with the event token I got, I pulled a Beast cover which got him to 183, which meant I got another Green and am now looking at a 5/2/4 Jean to go along with my 5/3/3 Peggy as my best 4* right now. Pair them with IM40 and I think I've got a solid team for Shield Sim (offense and defense).

Update:

It took 2 days of grinding more than I've ever ground in this game (including staying up until 4:30 in the morning both days), but

And on top of that, with the event token I got, I pulled a Beast cover which got him to 183, which meant I got another Green and am now looking at a 5/2/4 Jean to go along with my 5/3/3 Peggy as my best 4* right now. Pair them with IM40 and I think I've got a solid team for Shield Sim (offense and defense).
You should join late brackets. I only played 4 out of 7 days and finished #9. Congrats though.

zulux21

You should join late brackets. I only played 4 out of 7 days and finished #9. Congrats though.

I really should have done that with the current event but I wanted to earn some CP to get some more covers for strange as I want to level him because his yellow power is amazing on goon nodes @_@ (mine is currently 1/4/1 I plan to buy 3 yellow covers and by that time worst case he will be 2/4/4 since he should be ddq in a few weeks.)

there isn't any chance I am getting medusa now from this, but w/e I will earn her down the line and she is a need a lot of covers to make useful type character anyways.

Spoit

I really should have done that with the current event but I wanted to earn some CP to get some more covers for strange as I want to level him because his yellow power is amazing on goon nodes @_@ (mine is currently 1/4/1 I plan to buy 3 yellow covers and by that time worst case he will be 2/4/4 since he should be ddq in a few weeks.)

there isn't any chance I am getting medusa now from this, but w/e I will earn her down the line and she is a need a lot of covers to make useful type character anyways.

2/4/4 from the legendary tokens? jeeze, that's hella good luck, even with the 10% rate

Believe it or not, I already kinda do. I generally join late on the first day so that the brackets have flipped over at least once. The only reason this one required so much effort was because it was Teen Jean. Nearly anyone else and it's a combination of the fact that I don't care enough to grind for the covers (the only other character I'd do this for right now is Peggy) and that most people won't care enough to work this much for her (for the Kate PvE I finished top ten while barely doing more than 4 clears a day).

That, and I want to be able to make max progression fairly easily, which except for 7 day events means you should join on the first day still.

Edit: Oh, and the staying up until 4:30 looks worse than it is since even on a normal day I'm up until 3:30.

Blank!

Believe it or not, I already kinda do. I generally join late on the first day so that the brackets have flipped over at least once. The only reason this one required so much effort was because it was Teen Jean. Nearly anyone else and it's a combination of the fact that I don't care enough to grind for the covers (the only other character I'd do this for right now is Peggy) and that most people won't care enough to work this much for her (for the Kate PvE I finished top ten while barely doing more than 4 clears a day).

That, and I want to be able to make max progression fairly easily, which except for 7 day events means you should join on the first day still.

Edit: Oh, and the staying up until 4:30 looks worse than it is since even on a normal day I'm up until 3:30.

What Clearance level/bracket are you joining? I'm in CL7 usually bracket 5 and the top 20 is all people doing min 6 clears.

Top Bottom