• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

and I am saying she isn't even good in that situation.

even in her ideal situation most of the 3 star roster is still a better choice unless you specifically have an urge to use purple for damage.

And I disagree. As a matter of fact, IIRC, she was boosted during the 4* Blade PvP, and I remember using her pretty effectively there.

zulux21

Man, Doctor Strange was the best thing to happen to PVE ever. It cuts so much time in goon/ninja nodes.
yup, it's why I have been using CP on him to get more yellow. ideally he will be in the next DDQ vault and I will get at least one form my stockpile of tokens. He is actually in my current vault (a single cover) so I tried my luck but nothing so far (I at least got 750 HP :p)

Scarlet is also great paired with Prof. X. Her timer popping off to make match 5's happens very frequently.

yup, thus why one of the favored teams in the game is charlie's angels/ wininfinite which is those two plus 3 star widow since the purple then can be used to make lots of green matches.

Dalek

yup, it's why I have been using CP on him to get more yellow. ideally he will be in the next DDQ vault and I will get at least one form my stockpile of tokens. He is actually in my current vault (a single cover) so I tried my luck but nothing so far (I at least got 750 HP :p)

I only need one more cover to fully cover him. Man, he's awesome.

zulux21

I only need one more cover to fully cover him. Man, he's awesome.

mine is 1/4/4 right now.

if everything lines up correctly the next DDQ should have him in it (though they might delay one)

if so it should be a blue cover from him (though we are currently on second covers so it might be another damn purple cover or it might start a new cycle so it might be the yellow one)

either way, if he is in there it should get me 3 covers away, with any luck I pull 1 from the vault and then just need another 40CP to finish him so that I can start doing 1.8k base damage anytime anything throws up a power and use him with OML and Iron fist so I can put large strike tiles down and then have strange procing on powers, and if I get blue have an attack tile and his blue going off @_@

NineH

I have an unusable 5* Hulk with 2 purple. Please let compensation be a legendary token. I know it's likely going to be something stingy like a heroic token but one can dream.

zulux21

since I wanted to make sure I wouldn't waste my HP on random pulls I bought a few roster spots, now the bottom of my roster looks silly
BFzcJ6c.png

:p

Triz

Im at 6400 HP and 108 roster slots...I don't waste money on pulls.

This PVE sucks, I just don't have it in me to grind it for 7 days so Im barely hitting top 300 for random shit pulls.

Dalek

This PVE sucks, I just don't have it in me to grind it for 7 days so Im barely hitting top 300 for random shit pulls.

It's a real grind for sure. 7 day events suck. I might just get the Moon Knight reward and the 2 CP a day and slack off.

zulux21

I tend to just buy roster spots willy nilly.
if I ever get tempted by a vault, right after that is when I will pull every 4 star and 5 star I am missing and need to roster when I have no hp lol

It's a real grind for sure. 7 day events suck. I might just get the Moon Knight reward and the 2 CP a day and slack off.

i won't even get the moon knight most likely.
I am grinding to 1CP assuming the last node isn't horrible and hoping I managed to get to the second 5 CP reward.

Triz

Got a legendary token as my daily reward which pulled a Purple 5* Dr. Strange. This gives me 3 covers and all colors. If only that happened with all characters.

zulux21

>.> someone else should really post but I want this info separate so...

patch note thing of interest
"- Players earn 2 XP for each Versus match they play."

also.... Miles who has been stalking me recently is getting an update.

Power and Responsibility: This power currently doesn't differentiate between one Web tile or many Web tiles in a single match. The power has been updated to grant Mile's team AP for each Web tile matched. This doesn't count Web tiles destroyed by matching four or more tiles at once.

this is a huge upgrade as right now you " When a match that includes a Web tile is made, gain 1 Purple, Blue, and Red AP." and create 4 tiles with his move.
far to often though the tiles end up being in the same match so being able to get an extra 1-2 ap from that same match can really help.

Hide and Seek / Surprise!: Currently, Mile's dual power switches every time the power is activated. This means that it is possible to activate Surprise! when Miles is visible. We have updated the power so it will remain Surprise! as long as the Invisibility tile created by the power is still on the board. Once the invisibility tile is removed, the power will revert back to Hide and Seek. We have updated the base damage as well as the bonus damage per Web tile of the Surprise! power.

this will make his DDQ easier, as you staying in surprise mode even after your inviso tile went away made it require more AP to get invisio again.

they also upped the damage.
previously it was Level 5: 5104 damage +543 for each Web tile.
now it is 6946 +902 per web tile

still not amazing, but hands down better than he was.

From all my work tonight, I managed to get two Kingpin covers. He was sitting at Lv 200 fully covered, so he's my next champion target (should be within a few days).

Also went up from 0 to 903 points or something in the new offseason PvP just tonight. My team of champed Hulkbuster, champed Ant-Man and boosted Fury or Panther or Cap Marvel was just wrecking folks. So I got a Carnage, who was also sitting at Lv 200, waiting to be maxed (he's fully covered). He'll be championed soon enough, too.

Shielded at #1 in my PvP bracket, we'll see how that holds up. I'd like to win.

From all my work tonight, I managed to get two Kingpin covers. He was sitting at Lv 200 fully covered, so he's my next champion target (should be within a few days).

Also went up from 0 to 903 points or something in the new offseason PvP just tonight. My team of champed Hulkbuster, champed Ant-Man and boosted Fury or Panther or Cap Marvel was just wrecking folks. So I got a Carnage, who was also sitting at Lv 200, waiting to be maxed (he's fully covered). He'll be championed soon enough, too.

Shielded at #1 in my PvP bracket, we'll see how that holds up. I'd like to win.

My goto team in Earth's Mightiest right now is KK/Vision/IM40, which gives me 3 big AoE attacks on 3 different colors all powered by one recharge (plus about 3 blue and one green match, if you want to get super technical). Without boosts it wipes out anybody below 300 in a couple minutes, with boosts it's even shorter. But since it's a 3* team, it can still get overpowered by 4*.

Got a legendary token as my daily reward which pulled a Purple 5* Dr. Strange. This gives me 3 covers and all colors. If only that happened with all characters.

I pulled another Phoenix this morning-I now have 5 covers for her...

i think my lengedary is today too... given your guy's pulls I will also get something amazing right?

yay 1k iso >.>

I pulled a legendary today and got a Surfer black.

is he? I thought most people hated him.

did some other character coming out pair well with him?

or did he get a boost in the last year that I am forgetting lol?

Most people don't hate him. He does decent damage and his powers are fairly self-reliant (red and yellow create the strike tiles that black needs to become a nuke).

zulux21

Starting on December 15th, we will be adding an additional 4-Star character to the Weekly Powered-Up list.

Also, starting with Juggernaut: Heroic, reinforcements for each Sub-Chapter in Heroic Story Events will include a 4-Star character.

zulux21

survey asking about a new feature and if they should add it.

Strike Teams
Build a team of your favorite Marvel characters and deploy them on a new kind of story mission that happens while you’re away!
Only have a few minutes? Send your Heroes and Villains away to continue the fight!
All together! Your entire roster of heroes and villains will help you win.
Earn Intel - a new reward that lets you breeze through difficult Story missions and earn the rewards from it.

that sounds good to me, it would depend on how it works. but i have a huge roster and if I can send people off to get me resources that sounds great.

they aren't sending out the same survey to everyone. some are getting

MiTYH

Man, I'm the worst at hoarding anything. Got 15 CP for my daily bonus, immediately pulled a 20-cover. Got another blue punisher, putting him at 1/3/2. Also got a Mr Fantastic from a BP champ cover, which is just... meh.

Man, I'm the worst at hoarding anything. Got 15 CP for my daily bonus, immediately pulled a 20-cover. Got another blue punisher, putting him at 1/3/2. Also got a Mr Fantastic from a BP champ cover, which is just... meh.

All 'bout that hoard game!

When I get to a million ISO I'll probably crack a couple of legendaries. What I really need to do is hoard HP so I can get more slots. I'm at 93 and seeing people like Triz who are rocking 110 makes me realize I'm missing out on a lot of PVE potential.

Dalek

Me too. I can't hoard anything. I just accept it and don't let it bother me.

Triz

When I get to a million ISO I'll probably crack a couple of legendaries. What I really need to do is hoard HP so I can get more slots. I'm at 93 and seeing people like Triz who are rocking 110 makes me realize I'm missing out on a lot of PVE potential.

I may have slots but Im drooling over that ISO...I could put that to so much use.

and 17 Legendary tokens...just open them up lol.

MiTYH

Teach me your ways...

I really want to hoard, but I'm still in 3-star land with a good number missing ISO or covers, so I pull on Taco ones for extra covers (today got me the black panther) or HP which I still need for some slots. Risk/reward, I usually get maybe 1/5 pulls good

Blank!

Teach me your ways...

I really want to hoard, but I'm still in 3-star land with a good number missing ISO or covers, so I pull on Taco ones for extra covers (today got me the black panther) or HP which I still need for some slots. Risk/reward, I usually get maybe 1/5 pulls good

It really comes down to roster slots IMO. If you have the means to slot them, there's little point in hoarding (assuming you're past the point where a 5* could screw your scaling). I'd start to worry if you're starting to get close to CHAMPING your 4/5* and still in 3 land :) Then I'd throw the breaks on.

zulux21

meh it doesn't change pve much.

either way ideally having 110 characters will be good for the new idle mode they might add.

Triz

That moment you realize that the 4 star progression cover will be the one you need to max them out. Feels good man.

I'd start to worry if you're starting to get close to CHAMPING your 4/5* and still in 3 land :) Then I'd throw the breaks on.

That's exactly where I am. Outside of 3* Strange I have all 40 3*s champed, but my 4* roster is mediocre at best. I don't want to risk being forced to champ a bad 4* so I am sitting on the pulls until I have the ISO to handle it.

Triz

Out of ISO again...Fury has been championed.

All 3* champed sans Dr. Strange

Champed 4* roster:

Prof. X
Invisble Woman
HulkBuster
Red Hulk
Kingpin
Deadpool
Nick Fury

I can do Electra but it would be about 400k ISO.

Dalek

Out of ISO again...Fury has been championed.

All 3* champed sans Dr. Strange

Champed 4* roster:

Prof. X
Invisble Woman
HulkBuster
Red Hulk
Kingpin
Deadpool
Nick Fury

I can do Electra but it would be about 400k ISO.

Ooof. You championed Professor X? Do you have 2? I purposefully keep mine lower leveled below Scarlett Witch and Black Widow.

zulux21

One million ISO? Don't you guys ever level your guys lol.

im back up near 200k myself... soon I am sure I will be over 1 mil to stay. (soon as in april or so)

as I only have a few 3 stars left to level. and after that I will just be sitting on iso until DDQ 4 star match... which at that point the plan is to level the 4 star up to what ever the level of my highest 3 star is (currently 192 or 193 i think) if I can otherwise to its max level I can.

One million ISO? Don't you guys ever level your guys lol.

If I scrolled a little bit further, you'd see that my highest non 5* character is at IM40 at 200, and my highest 4 stars are Teen Jean and Peggy at 180. For the moment, I'm keeping my 4* below my 3*, and that's pretty cheap to do, even with some Clash leveling when necessary.

Ponn

Banned
I just got lucky with another Legendary pull and my 5* Black Widow is now 2 purple (an extremely useful power, deals dmg and removes multiple special enemy tiles), 3 black and 1 red. I want to level her but all my ISO keeps going to level up up 3 and 4* quickly so I can champion before their extra covers expire.

I also used my first Deadpool hit them with all the whales option. I had to see what it did and i'm glad I did, I chuckled.

Top Bottom