• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Holiday event details have been posted:

General

• Double Iso-8 in SHIELD Intercept bonus rewards
• Versus event skip penalty has been halved and rewards double Versus victory bonus Iso-8
• Events listed below all have double Iso-8 rewards and reward Naughty or Nice vault tokens

Galactus Hungers (December 22, 12:00 PM to December 25, 11:59 PM)

• Thanos (Modern) available as rewards for when your alliance completes certain rounds
• See all twenty of your Alliance members on the leaderboard
• Boss missions are made available once your Alliance has completed a round

Crash of the Mad Titan
Thanos has taken over the daily quests from Deadpool with a special event called The Crash of the Mad Titan.

Starting Thursday, December 22nd at 6:00 AM EST, a 5-day Thanos themed version of Deadpool's Daily Quest will run alongside the normal event. The Crash of the Mad Titan event has five missions that are similar to what you would normally find in Deadpool’s Daily Quest as well as a special Crash of the Mad Titan mission. Each day Thanos will challenge a faction found in the game and three characters from that faction will be available to use. Choose one of the characters to face off against Thanos for a chance at your own 5-Star Thanos!

Event Details:

• 5-Day Event
• Missions refresh each day
• 5 Normal Missions (Similar to Deadpool Daily missions)
• Double Iso-8
• Rewards Tokens to a special Crash of the Mad Titan vault
• Crash of the Mad Titan Mission
o 1 vs. 1 mission against 5-Star Thanos
o Choose between 1 of 3 available heroes of a specific faction
o Rewards Purple Reign Legendary tokens • Crash of the Mad Titan Vault
o 80 Items
o 1 Purple Reign Token
o 4 4-Stars
o 15 3-Stars (Including Thanos (Modern) who is not yet available in packs!)
o 10 Elite Tokens
o 50 2-Stars • Purple Reign Legendary Store
o Contains 4-Stars and 5-Star Thanos
o 10% Chance at a 5-Star Thanos
o Additional pulls can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Unstable Iso-8 (December 25, 7 AM – December 30, 2 AM)

• Thanos (Modern) will be featured in the Unstable Iso-8 vault

Naughty or Nice (December 22, 8 PM – December 26, 3 AM)

Featured Characters:

• Heroes - Spider-Man (Original), Hawkeye (Modern), Storm (Classic), Luke Cage (Hero for Hire), Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Kamala Khan, Rocket & Groot, Wasp, Cyclops (Classic), Medusa
• Villains - Juggernaut, Bullseye (Dark Avengers), Ares, Doctor Doom, Hood, Magneto (Classic), Daken (Classic), Kingpin, Red Hulk, Venom (Eddie Brock)

Naughty or Nice Vault (December 22, 12:00 PM to December 31st, 11:59 PM)
Everyone gets a free token!

80 items in vault!

• 1 Legendary Token
• 6 4-Stars (3 Villains and 3 Heros)
• 3 1000 Hero Points
• 1 10 Command Points
• 4 Elite Tokens
• 19 3-Stars
• 46 2-Stars

Crash of the Mad Titan sounds really good, and the Naughty and Nice Vault looks like it may be worth clearing out, depending on the 4 stars you get in there.

zulux21

with the preview up you can look at the full stats for 3 star thanos.

seems the numbers we had were either level 40 or at 1 cover... so he does seem better then initially.

that being said... he still doesn't seem great.

depending on how the 5 star scales with purple he might be alright... but a kill ability is mostly useless.

260% more damage while the tile is on board is okay... but it's thanos only so not exciting.

his green aoe costs the same as KK's and will do about the same damage, but it's a 3 turn countdown, and all it does is put him in front... so that doesn't seem great either.

overall all he feels like he will be in the middle of the pack for 3 stars... an alright addition, but far from useful for most players.

Managed to beat Thanos with my R&G. I don't think he's ever been useful before!

Edit: Well shit. I have pulled two 5* BWs and just got a 3* Thanos. Looks like I'm definitely buying that discounted HP bundle now.

MiTYH

Managed to beat Thanos with my R&G. I don't think he's ever been useful before!

R&G is always useful in PVP for that massive heal. But that's who I'll try for my Thanos. Still working through normal DDQ.

I'm excited to play for the first time in a while, these events and double DDQ all seem great

EDIT: Beat Thanos second try. Didn't realize his purple being active sealed Groot's healing. That was a bummer. Was much more careful on the second try and got him down. And, as luck would have it, got Purple Thanos as my reward!

Ron Mexico

Poked around the forums a bit and can't find a consensus there. Without thinking, I used a legendary token and pulled a 5* Strange. I had just restarted a month or so ago and am mostly only in 2* land. Selling him is the only option right? Otherwise I'll completely wreck my scaling?

Sounded like they were doing a bunch of QOL improvements but it's still bad in this regard having a 255 and the rest in the 90s

Dalek

Poked around the forums a bit and can't find a consensus there. Without thinking, I used a legendary token and pulled a 5* Strange. I had just restarted a month or so ago and am mostly only in 2* land. Selling him is the only option right? Otherwise I'll completely wreck my scaling?

Sounded like they were doing a bunch of QOL improvements but it's still bad in this regard having a 255 and the rest in the 90s

Nah, I'd just keep him. 5 stars are so rare and I think with the "ranking" levels you can join now the scaling seems to be appropriate. In my opinion anyways.

MiTYH

Remember when Galactus first came out, and the servers crashed? We've come a long way. Event is up!

....how the HELL DO I NOT HAVE A SINGLE HAWKEYE IN MY ROSTER?!

EDIT: First naughty/nice draw got me pink kingpin. Would be nice if I got, I don't know, literally any other color. He's 1/5/0 now...

zulux21

Remember when Galactus first came out, and the servers crashed? We've come a long way. Event is up!

....how the HELL DO I NOT HAVE A SINGLE HAWKEYE IN MY ROSTER?!

EDIT: First naughty/nice draw got me pink kingpin. Would be nice if I got, I don't know, literally any other color. He's 1/5/0 now...

it's purple btw.

but yeah i got purple bucky from thanos and he is like 4/1/1 for me now :p

zulux21

2nd 25cp Thanos pull Yellow Quake. My luck is shit.

but yellow quake is actually good :p

not really sure why you are wasting 25cp on thanos though.

he isn't impressive at all. He will be good competition for Cap :p

edit:

ah... he is better than expected reading reactions... the interview was wrong and said when thanos kills an enemy, but it seems his black triggers when any enemy is downed by anyone, which makes it far far far better and him actually a pretty decent character since the 5 star version doesn't damage your team as much (and apparently it doesn't hit thanos at all)

Malmorian

Day 1000, just got my 100th roster slot which got filled by the new 3* Thanos, and my blue cover for Spider-Man...jesus, this is by far the longest i've ever played a mobile game

zulux21

sigh....

i like the extra ddq, but i wish they were different covers than the normal ddq.

especially since...
next three days
kAj3hkU.png

all of the 3 stars I don't have champed

on the flip side I have the iso to champ them but still :/

zulux21

Do you have 3* Strange champed already?!

yup

once I got his covers from last season's simulator I just put my CP into buying his yellow covers and then one blue to get him to 3/5/5 (aka I spent either 80 or 100CP doing it)

now he is a lovely 5/3/5 and destroys PVE goon nodes.

I figured he would be more useful than my 4 star pulls.

so far that is a very true statement as my pulls since then are a purple bucky and a red miles lol.

I don't plan on spending HP on thanos though, he doesn't seem useful enough to warrent it.

Anyone who needs a new alliance and hasn't joined Galactus yet? S.H.E.E.P. needs one player to fill a spot. Search under private alliances in game to join.

Ponn

Banned
Anyone who needs a new alliance and hasn't joined Galactus yet? S.H.E.E.P. needs one player to fill a spot. Search under private alliances in game to join.

I definitely need a new alliance, random one I joined is complete ass. My username is ponnimus. I play everyday, unfortunately spend money and have been doing VIP.

Spoit

Wish I saw this earlier although I joined Galactus:(

Just Hulk bombing Galactus with Hulk+Patch+KK working well so far.

How do the boosts line up for winfinite anyway? I mean, he'd tank black regardless, but with the minor boost, does his primary green and secondary red still beat boosted GSBW's secondary and tertiary ones?

Got hella 4-stars today. Covers for Venom, Cho Hulk, Iceboy and Quake, and tomorrow I can champion Carnage and start on Ghost Rider.

Love the double iso.

MiTYH

Hard to beat the 5-star thanos cover I got yesterday. Today's Titan Clash got me Venom's green. He's now 3/0/0, so yaaay. Other tokens were 2-stars.

I'm happy it's not all the same cover. Especially patch, he's been helpful in galactus

NineH

I'm now at 3 boss fights that I've missed thanks to the node not unlocking after beating the sub missions. Hopefully that doesn't affect my progression much.

Triz

I'm now at 3 boss fights that I've missed thanks to the node not unlocking after beating the sub missions. Hopefully that doesn't affect my progression much.

Yeah Im having the same issue. Its happened about 3 or 4 times for me too.

Edit* Nevermind about this, didn't realize 5 star Thanos can'prevent tiles being created.

Triz

Beat Miles with my 160 spider Gwen. Just hoarded as much red as I could and waited for him to dump his web tiles. Took 2 tries.

Pulled a Purple 5* Strange with the token.

Triz

I just realized that if we hit the next two progressions in the Galactus event, the two punisher covers we get will give me 13/13. Is he worth championing?

Spoit

I just realized that if we hit the next two progressions in the Galactus event, the two punisher covers we get will give me 13/13. Is he worth championing?

He's not the worst 4*, but I'm not really sure. It depends on what other 4*s you have waiting for ISO

How do the boosts line up for winfinite anyway? I mean, he'd tank black regardless, but with the minor boost, does his primary green and secondary red still beat boosted GSBW's secondary and tertiary ones?

Hulk would tank Green and Red for GSBW(for me anyway).

1-2 Berserker Rage and Anger procs finish Galactus off.

Not sure how long this will work as Galactus gets stronger. I want the Green Patch cover:(

Edit:GSBW works great. Can finish him off with sniper rifle

zulux21

tried spider gwen... was going well and then he cascaded to 8 purple from 0... okay... i work with it and like 60 matches later... I still cant get rid of his inviso and lose. if i could have gotten rid of it match 10 or later i could have won.

none of my other tries have even been killed

Spoit

tried spider gwen... was going well and then he cascaded to 8 purple from 0... okay... i work with it and like 60 matches later... I still cant get rid of his inviso and lose. if i could have gotten rid of it match 10 or later i could have won.

none of my other tries have even been killed

Fun thing I found out. With how her stun targets a random enemy, it actually works against miles when he's invisible. It doesn't last long enough to get much match damage in, but it's good enough to use her red.

zulux21

Fun thing I found out. With how her stun targets a random enemy, it actually works against miles when he's invisible. It doesn't last long enough to get much match damage in, but it's good enough to use her red.

yeah i noticed i screwed things up on my third try... if I had realized that on my first try I could have won.

Triz

He's not the worst 4*, but I'm not really sure. It depends on what other 4*s you have waiting for ISO

My Team Jean and Lady Thor are both sitting at 250 waiting for 1 cover to max. Cyclops and Ant man are at 229 and both need 2 covers. My only other high covered are Electra or Devil Dino which I could champ now if I had the ISO.

My Team Jean and Lady Thor are both sitting at 250 waiting for 1 cover to max. Cyclops and Ant man are at 229 and both need 2 covers. My only other high covered are Electra or Devil Dino which I could champ now if I had the ISO.

Jean, 4Thor, and Cyclops are all better than Punisher Max. I'd wait to see how your covers fall, and whichever of those gets a 14th cover first, champ them. Especially since with double ISO right now, you should be able to earn enough to champ some of those other pretty easily if you need to.

Dalek

I pulled a Medusa with my first Naughty or Nice token.

Also for the first time ever I'm sitting in first place in a PVP bracket.

d53sm4h.jpg

Top Bottom