• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Triz

im 2* cycling like a champ. Sure I had to blow 150k ISO from the two I sold today to champ a couple others, but endless exp makes up for it I think. (Moonstone will be done in about 4 covers and I can't wait to sell her off lol)

Spoit

Stupidly added a Mystique cover today, giving me an Iceboy cover that I need to champion him. But I'm still putting iso into Punisher for probably the next week, so that's too bad. Not going to be able to do both, I'm sure.

Switch to Iceman, he's much more generally useful.

Yeah, I'm going to do that. In 8 days should be the Punisher again for the 3-star DDQ reward, and my next 3-star Punisher gets me a new 4-star cover, so I can resume the champing afterwards.

Edit: Sold my two covers waiting, and then my first Heroic token gets me another 4-star Punisher. C'mon!

Triz

Yeah, I'm going to do that. In 8 days should be the Punisher again for the 3-star DDQ reward, and my next 3-star Punisher gets me a new 4-star cover, so I can resume the champing afterwards.

Edit: Sold my two covers waiting, and then my first Heroic token gets me another 4-star Punisher. C'mon!

Game is just giving you a reset timer ;)

Dalek

Damn. Probably my luckiest day ever in this game. Earned the aforementioned 5 star Doctor Strange from the DDQ. Also earned a Peggy and Geenpoole cover today. One from a token the other from renewing VIP. Then tonight I spend 20 CP and earn a 5 star Iron Man. He's 0/3/3 for me now.

Now that my luck is out it's nothing but Moonstone for 2017.

When you say "2* cycling" are you fully covering useless 2 stars then selling them, or dumping ISO into them to champ to the max then selling?

Does the benefit outweigh the cost?

Max champ and then selling. Especially with the addition of SHIELD Ranks and XP, it's worth the fact that you get slightly less ISO than you would from selling all the covers.

Max champ and then selling. Especially with the addition of SHIELD Ranks and XP, it's worth the fact that you get slightly less ISO than you would from selling all the covers.

Gotcha, thanks. I rarely have the slots to spare but happened to roster a 2* Daken & Hawkeye recently so I'll give this a shot.

I'm great at hoarding everything but HP. I'm a sucker for the daily 100HP pulls.

zulux21

so... I am downloading it now to check myself... but reading around...

DO NOT DONATE THE NEW UPDATE

it sounds like it screws up a ton of power costs including jugs and iron man 40.

O1MKoYX.png

seems to effect powers that have variable AP costs by locking the cost at the first cover cost

though it makes black widow stronger than before :p

heh 2 star widow is insane now

Dalek

Looks like they are skipping WM, Wasp and Spider-Woman in the Clash and going with Ghost Rider next. I can't remember if GR has had a Crash before or not. I might need to level him up first.

zulux21

Looks like they are skipping WM, Wasp and Spider-Woman in the Clash and going with Ghost Rider next. I can't remember if GR has had a Crash before or not. I might need to level him up first.

GR has had it twice. it's against a level 270 galactus or ultima.

basically you just need to spend the match collecting some black and fire it off twice near the end.

i'm fine with them skipping WM and wasp though as I don't have enough covers for them and SW was debatable :p

hmmm it seems that those three were considered to new because

"A dev on Discord earlier today said that if a character hasn't had 2 featured PvE events, then they get skipped over. This explains why the list skipped to Ghost Rider and should clear up the confusion.
"

edit:
the bug hits the team ups as well :p

zulux21

Well fuck. I was leveling WM due to the clash coming up...ISO not technically wasted, but still feel shafted.

I just save up the iso and then use it the day of the clash >.>
you could adapt that in the future.

new 4 star in next event

Her last ability is called Energy Manipulation and it's a Green Passive, which means no AP is needed. This power is similar to Captain Marvel (Modern)'s damage absorption ability, powering up her own abilities, gaining 2 AP every time the enemy matches their strongest color. If the enemy's strongest color matches the player's strongest color she deals damage to the enemy team when the opponent matches their strongest color tiles.

so it looks like the black could be quite powerful, the yellow could result in some fun stuff and her green could be interesting... overall looks fun.

first character I can think of to pair her with to start with...
starlord.

given he makes friendly tiles for free.

I just save up the iso and then use it the day of the clash >.>
you could adapt that in the future.

Yeah, there's no difference between doing it a few days before the Clash and doing it day of, so if I need to do it I'll usually wait until then.

Also, 4* Carol announced, with a new Iron Man hinted at (something makes me think this isn't going to be Tony Stark, though). Infamous Iron Man incoming?

https://news.marvel.com/games/57497/piecing-together-marvel-puzzle-quest-captain-marvel/

zulux21

Yeah, there's no difference between doing it a few days before the Clash and doing it day of, so if I need to do it I'll usually wait until then.

Also, 4* Carol announced, with a new Iron Man hinted at (something makes me think this isn't going to be Tony Stark, though). Infamous Iron Man incoming?

https://news.marvel.com/games/57497/piecing-together-marvel-puzzle-quest-captain-marvel/

I imagine if there is a new iron man coming it will be the female iron man.. iron heart or whatever who just took over the iron man comics.

it is the easiest thing to do since there is a tony in every tier but 2 lol.

I imagine if there is a new iron man coming it will be the female iron man.. iron heart or whatever who just took over the iron man comics.

it is the easiest thing to do since there is a tony in every tier but 2 lol.

True, but people have been asking for another Doom for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if he came up #1 in that character poll that asked for variants. It's not the God Doom from Secret Wars that people wanted, but it's something.

zulux21

True, but people have been asking for another Doom for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if he came up #1 in that character poll that asked for variants. It's not the God Doom from Secret Wars that people wanted, but it's something.

eh... that would be a quick turn around for that.

it makes far more sense to promote the new iron man instead.

iOS patch fucked as well. My Ironman 40 yellow battery has been raised to 8 instead of 6 for no reason.

i warned ya.... just use 2 star widow as a battery :p

Triz

I have a bad habit of rarely using characters I level. Stuck in my ways with set teams I guess. I randomly took 4* Cyclops into a match and didn't realize just how good he is as a self battery with massive damage.

eh... that would be a quick turn around for that.

it makes far more sense to promote the new iron man instead.

They've been setting up for Infamous for nearly as long as Riri has been a character. I'm not saying it's definitely not her, but I think either direction is equally likely.

zulux21

I have a bad habit of rarely using characters I level. Stuck in my ways with set teams I guess. I randomly took 4* Cyclops into a match and didn't realize just how good he is as a self battery with massive damage.

yeah 4* cyc is nasty.

collect some blue...
do damage and get more red.

collect some red..
deal lots of damage

collect some yellow and he is the strongest... get red when ever you match team up and greatly increase the power of red.

and if you are smart you can target red and blue to get more AP

my current DDQ wave team is him, KK and ironman 40.

even with the issues I doubt I will change it as I only really need ironman to go off once to get everything going and kill most things.

My DDQ team for the longest time was Iron Fist, 3-star Cyclops and Lazy Cap. The only issue was that it just took forever, though I'd escape it with almost no damage taken.

These days, I still use Cyclops, and team him with OML and my champed Red Hulk. It's just unfair how good that team is.

MiTYH

I still use 3-thor, 2-Mag and 2-OBW for every DDQ. I know there are faster teams but... eh. I've got probably 3/4ths of the 3-stars champed. Should probably look into faster teams

IM40, 3* Torch, 2* Storm for Enchilada. Torch and Storm are pretty much unused characters unless boosted, so as long as I can keep IM40 relatively healthy it has no effect on my playing the rest of the nodes, and lets me use a few more characters.

zulux21

IM40, Lazy Cap and Blade for me.

before 4 star cyc I used im40, KK and mags(who was replaced by cyc).

kk nukes waves, and with mags red you can keep the team up tiles away and use his blue to do a lot of damage.

collect purple and spam KK's move to make more green for more mass murder :p

Blank!

Cage/Fist/SWitch is easy. Last 2 nodes are 90% powers, first 2 nodes is mostly stockpiling and getting out strike tiles to boost the attack tile/match damage.

Spoit

I waffle between IF and JG to fill out the rest of my OML/SW team for DDQ. The passive strikes from OML make it a lot faster than my old standby of HB

So I just played my way to 575 in the Thanos PvP, and that might have been the least fun thing I've ever done in this game, and I play PvE to max progression consistently.

Spoit

So I just played my way to 575 in the Thanos PvP, and that might have been the least fun thing I've ever done in this game, and I play PvE to max progression consistently.

Yeah, carnage is able to do a lot of damage, but between his and thanos' self damage, you're looking at 2, probably 3 health packs a match.

Yeah, carnage is able to do a lot of damage, but between his and thanos' self damage, you're looking at 2, probably 3 health packs a match.

Used IM40 and PunMax, and just tried to wear everyone down and then use Pun's green whenever someone was close to being taken out. Most of the time, I only needed to use one health pack instead of 2 (never 3, because I point plank wasn't healing Thanos. If he died, he died.)

Yeah I didn't so much care for the progression reward at 900 pts, so I went for Clearance Level 6 and easily got to 900. So my 3-star Thanos is 2/4/2 now.

komarkaze

After the latest update, I noticed that some of my maxed out characters require more colors to activate powers than they're suppose to. My Juggernaut should only need 6 red or green to activate. But in battle, he required 10 red and 8 green. Also noticed it for Ironman 40 where his 6 yellow was actually 8 yellow. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

MiTYH

After the latest update, I noticed that some of my maxed out characters require more colors to activate powers than they're suppose to. My Juggernaut should only need 6 red or green to activate. But in battle, he required 10 red and 8 green. Also noticed it for Ironman 40 where his 6 yellow was actually 8 yellow. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Yup, it's a bug with the new update. Many reportings on d3 forums and reddit.

If you can, hold off on the update for now!

oh it really is possible to get doctor strange from an elite token @_@

in other thoughts this is highly annoying

10 days ago it was at 5/3/4
since then...

I've had that happen with Moonstone and Ares recently. Never to the point where I had to sell a cover, but it is really annoying.

oh it really is possible to get doctor strange from an elite token @_@

in other thoughts this is highly annoying

10 days ago it was at 5/3/4
since then...

This is me but with 2* Wolverine. I got him to 3/2/5 from the covers I had in waiting. I've gotten 8 covers for him in the past week & 7 of the them have been Yellow.

Triz

Heroic token gave me a yellow Peggy the one color I was missing. Now I want more so I can start leveling her. That yellow is strong.

Heroic token gave me a yellow Peggy the one color I was missing. Now I want more so I can start leveling her. That yellow is strong.

Lucking into a good amount of Peggy covers is probably the best thing that's happened to me in this game. I got her to like 4/2/1 just from pulls, got a couple covers from that Civil War run, and then I realized just how good she is and have fought for every cover since then (including my only time ever making 900 in PvP).

worst case Isuppose I could open some stock piled tacos.
i'd rather not though lol.

At one point I even opened about 80 or so stockpiled standard tokens hoping I would get the right cover. Nope.

Triz

Per the Forums:

During the crash duration, if you were a player that owned 5-Star The Hulk (Bruce Banner) with at least 1 cover/point/level in his purple ability, The Other Guy, and did not play a match with him during that period of time, please send in a support ticket asking for the token of appreciation. (If you have already sent in a support ticket recently, no need to send in another one. Customer Support will follow up with you.)

Since the Naughty or Nice vault is no longer available, an equivalent token of appreciation will be provided that can be used on any of the currently available vaults.

Top Bottom