• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

so it seems like it might not be super hard to get a top 100. but it's going to be impossible for me to get a top 20 as every single person is max cleared and got it done before me.

oh well as long as I get at least one cover as that will greatly help with the progression reward next event.

Ended up in 30th place for the first Slice. Looks like Ill definitely hit top 100 if I can maintain that pace.

I'm in 45th with just 4 clears with about 12 hours to go. Looks like top 100 will be easy, but top 20 is going to be a pain in the ass. Which was what I was expecting.

I waited almost a day, joined last night and did 4 clears, which got me to #1. Did my 5th clears this morning when I woke up, remained #1 by a good margin now. I'll do my 6th clears a bit before it's over. Should wind up with a very good result.

Also ran the rest of the simulator and got my Medusa cover, who now is like 1/1/2.

Triz

Don't know how you guys spend 120cp for a 4 star cover. I mean I get it, one more and Teen Jean is done, and I have full green and Purple so only a blue cover works (And I have pulled at least 5 of those combined with no blue) But that is a shitton of CP to burn.

zulux21

Don't know how you guys spend 120cp for a 4 star cover. I mean I get it, one more and Teen Jean is done, and I have full green and Purple so only a blue cover works (And I have pulled at least 5 of those combined with no blue) But that is a shitton of CP to burn.

I don't, I also don't know how people spend 25CP for latests unless you have 500 plus stockpiled.

odds are you won't get the 5 star you want, and thus you are just paying 25% more for the same 4 stars you could get with 20 :p

Triz

I don't, I also don't know how people spend 25CP for latests unless you have 500 plus stockpiled.

odds are you won't get the 5 star you want, and thus you are just paying 25% more for the same 4 stars you could get with 20 :p

I think you are the odd man out with keeping your 4 star players below the 3 stars you have. I'm pretty sure Ive seen others say they have bought the cover. I actually have the CP to do it right now but not the will to hit the button.

zulux21

I think you are the odd man out with keeping your 4 star players below the 3 stars you have. I'm pretty sure Ive seen others say they have bought the cover. I actually have the CP to do it right now but not the will to hit the button.

in general they might have bought a single cover, the last cover, for a character that is top tier.

I don't think anyone is regularly buying 4 star covers in general.

Dalek

I just got my TENTH Star-lord cover since I championed him. TENTH. This is why I Champion these guys-I keep getting the same ones over and over. I got a Legendary token as my reward and it netted me a new Spider-Woman cover.

zulux21

I just got my TENTH Star-lord cover since I championed him. TENTH. This is why I Champion these guys-I keep getting the same ones over and over. I got a Legendary token as my reward and it netted me a new Spider-Woman cover.

I look forward to champing 4 stars in late 2018 :p

NineH

At this moment, I'm sitting on 1.8 million ISO and 3 fully covered 4 stars (Teen Jean, Deadpool, and just tonight Kingpin). I figure once I get that to 6, then I'll start champing them.

I've told this story once or twice before but you should consider spending some of that Iso. Unless something has changed, I was sandboxed twice in 3 days for having over 2 million Iso. Now I spend it as often as I can but right now have a little stockpile as well since I have no one to level up.

shaowebb

Between PC and Android? Nope. Both are in the same pool, but you can't transfer between the two.

Welp...Shadowverse it is then for mobile. Got a new carrier and they pick up inside the power plant I'm at which is hard. Breaktimes on swing shift drag and you need something to keep your mind awake between rounds. If it wouldn't mean starting over I'd just pick up MPQ at work, but no way am I doin all that twice.

I've told this story once or twice before but you should consider spending some of that Iso. Unless something has changed, I was sandboxed twice in 3 days for having over 2 million Iso. Now I spend it as often as I can but right now have a little stockpile as well since I have no one to level up.

Believe it or not, I've actually been between 1.6 and 1.8 for the past 2 weeks or so. Between the 2 star farm and leveling up the last of my 3 stars and 4 stars, I actually do still spend a decent amount of ISO. The only reason I'm this high right now is because I sold 3 2* champs recently and don't have the covers to level the new ones yet.

Nah, I do this too.

Hulkbuster, IW, Fury & XFarce are champed, but the vast majority of my 4* characters are between 70 - 127. Given the sheer number of 4* characters in the game I couldn't bring myself to spending 120 CP on a single cover

So who was the other person looking for a new alliance when I asked during Galactus? I suppose I could look back through the pages, but that seems like work.

komarkaze

If I had to champ Colossus, Daredevil or Gamora, who should I pick? They are all level 120 and I have covers for them to get the Legendary token.

Dispatch

If I had to champ Colossus, Daredevil or Gamora, who should I pick? They are all level 120 and I have covers for them to get the Legendary token.

In order, I'd say:
  • Daredevil- his red is good, especially with three star Cyclops, his blue is also good
  • Gamora- the best I can say is her red comes back quickly
  • Colossus- he's a good tank, but the game is about how quickly you can win, so...

Triz

Six 20cp pulls:

Purple Elektra (gives me 13/13 guess she's my next target)
Blue Ant Man
Green Blade
Green Gwenpool
Purple Medusa
Blue Cyclops (gave me champ level token, which pulled...)
Red X-23

Could use every cover so that felt nice. Was surprised at zero 5* pulls...perhaps Ill stick to the 25cp vault next time.

Spoit

Six 20cp pulls:

Blue Ant Man
Green Blade
Green Gwenpool
Purple Medusa
Red X-23

Could use every cover so that felt nice. Was surprised at zero 5* pulls...perhaps Ill stick to the 25cp vault next time.

Was Captain marvel added to the pool today or something?

Dalek

Six 20cp pulls:

Blue Ant Man
Green Blade
Green Gwenpool
Purple Medusa
Red X-23

Damn no 5 stars. That hurts. I wish they had a system like Diablo 3 where there was a "pity timer" so if you haven't gotten something after a certain amount of drops it gives you one.

zulux21

if you want... but the 25cp vault doesn't have any better odds at 5*s and with 7 pulls 0 5 stars is slightly bad luck, but no unexpected as you are only expected to get 1.5 out of every 10 pulls.

I mean if anything the 25cp has worse odds because you get less pulls.

I'm expecting Captain Marvel to be added next Thursday when the new season starts.

that is likely a safe assumption.

I wonder who gets a buff this season. perhaps the update will finally be fantastic.

Dalek

I pulled a 4* Luke Cage from my Season reward Heroic Tokens. 4/2/4
Pretty cool-I don't usually get newer heroes covered so quickly like this.

Triz

I managed top 50 for the Carol Danvers cover. They really should give 2 covers for top 50 IMO.

I pulled an IW with the heroic reward tokens, heres to more champ levels.

I take it this is a discussion about a very different game to the PS4 MPQ?

Its the same game...just not as robust as the mobile and PC versions.

Not as robust isn't necessarily the best way to put it. There's a few interesting differences, like consoles have local multiplayer, and there's no cost for roster spots. But yeah, characters and features are way, way behind. And they have Iron Patriot as a console exclusive character.

zulux21

Not as robust isn't necessarily the best way to put it. There's a few interesting differences, like consoles have local multiplayer, and there's no cost for roster spots. But yeah, characters and features are way, way behind. And they have Iron Patriot as a console exclusive character.

and despite the fact that you level characters by playing them, building a usable roster is some how even more of a pain due to the random nature of drops and far fewer drops on console lol

zulux21

I'm out mercing for that alliance cover, I'll be back tomorrow, so keep my slot warm, if you know what I mean

I should be motivated enough to do that as I am sure some alliance would take me and my 28k points but I am not lol.

I won't fill your spot, thanks for letting me know though as otherwise I might have filled it tomorrow morning when I saw I only got 19 lol

zulux21

so for those wondering what 4 star will be updated this off season... well if you Reed the forums... you will know that... it's.... NONE OF THEM!

instead we have a 5* boost. Cappy pants is getting a buff.

Steve Rogers (First Avenger) Level 450
5CapYellow.png

5CapYellowInGame.png

5CapRed.png

5CapBlue.png
so if you can't recall why he was a turd before... that yellow is decently sexy now... to get that you had to

The cost of the power is decreased by three, activation of the power no longer ends the turn, and the power activates instantly instead of creating Countdown tiles. The individual effects remained the same as before.

:p

Dalek

Ugh! I pulled an X-23 tonight which fully covers her-and now I'm getting a login reward of X-23 in a few days. I can't get her to 270 from 170 in 2 weeks I don't think

zulux21

Ugh! I pulled an X-23 tonight which fully covers her-and now I'm getting a login reward of X-23 in a few days. I can't get her to 270 from 170 in 2 weeks I don't think

you can it only costs like $200.
I will appreciate the CP :3

note: if you ever did consider doing that you should at least do a buy club.

If you really want to and you have no one else to do, you can. Especially if you have a 2* or two you can sell.

Edit: It's hard to believe, but it's definitely possible to average 20K a day nowadays with Shield Rank rewards. Takes a good amount of play, but it's possible. Especially if you grind lightning rounds and get a decent amount of 2* covers from them.

Triz

Im power leveling Elektra right now, took her from 170 to 230 and I only had 100k ISO. Rest will be dumped in this week. I also did it with Punisher the last week.

You can definitely do 200k in 2 weeks.

Dalek

If you really want to and you have no one else to do, you can. Especially if you have a 2* or two you can sell.

Edit: It's hard to believe, but it's definitely possible to average 20K a day nowadays with Shield Rank rewards. Takes a good amount of play, but it's possible. Especially if you grind lightning rounds and get a decent amount of 2* covers from them.

Yeah I was thinking maybe I can clear 2 SHIELD ranks in that time and cash in a bunch of ISO.

Spoit

Hit the LRs hard.

Pop open any stored tokens.

Sell some champed 2 stars.

Dalek

Well looks like I'll finish at 24 in my PVE so only 1 cover for me too. Enough to get essentials next round but I was hoping for 2 covers too.

zulux21

Well looks like I'll finish at 24 in my PVE so only 1 cover for me too. Enough to get essentials next round but I was hoping for 2 covers too.

it's going to be a pain... forgot the next thing was a heroic @_@

the roster isn't horrible, but I am really tempted to spend CP on thanos right now because he would greatly speed things up and right now it's a grind @_@

i mean at least 2 star mags and storm play well together.

Top Bottom