• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Well I champed 4* Punisher. I know he is boosted right now, but his green is crazy. 20k to the whole enemy team is real easy to pull off.

Lol, for real? I've been dumping iso into him because even though my Punisher is pretty underleveled, he's still a beast. Guess I'll need to focus on him even more now.

Even if he wasn't that crazy I'm still digging the character. His animations are bad ass, and his abilities work very well together.

zulux21

My 2/4/3 lvl 120 Kate pulled it off first try with boosts. The basic trick is that you have to gain enough AP to fire everything within 3/4 turns of each other so he doesn't have much time to heal (ideally, you wait until you have purple out to shoot everything else, and the purple going off finishes him).

if I had more covers I could likely do it given OML isn't great on his own.

but with just one of each cover, I can't take the match damage long enough to collect the AP I would need to do 10k damage in one turn.

Dalek

It's always a good day when you pull the Legendary Token from the Taco Vault. I got a green Punisher cover. Now I'm interested in maxing him out-so to speak.

Triz

Lol, for real? I've been dumping iso into him because even though my Punisher is pretty underleveled, he's still a beast. Guess I'll need to focus on him even more now.

Even if he wasn't that crazy I'm still digging the character. His animations are bad ass, and his abilities work very well together.

Im not exaggerating. It boosts its own damage if you have downed an enemy, and even stacks if it kills one when its used. Im seriously hitting enemy teams for 20k across the board. The strike tiles he puts out only amplify the damage.

Yeah I have him lined up for power leveling next, after I champ Ghost Rider tonight. But Punisher is at a far lower level, so we'll see. I'm sure I can do it anyway, and a few more days of double iso will help.

Triz

Spent 50 CP on two tokens, pulled Yellow Nick Fury back to back...he was champed and gave me another pull. That pulled a red War Machine.

Meh.

Blank!

heh kate vs OML

yeah... no way in hell I can do this with a 1/1/1 kate.

it should be an easy match for anyone with nearly maxed covers for her... but unless you have 5 of one of her covers I can't see it being easy.

though to be fair OML is quite gimped in this setting as his healing is cut in a third from normal and his red doesn't activate.

My 1/1/3 Kate Bishop pulled it off, 3 tries. Boosted AP in 2 colors and used crit damage bonus. Stockpiled all colors until I could fire purple -> blue -> black and won. I waited until the blue was about to expire before shooting off the black (could of fired it off 3 times due to cascade, but 2 was enough).

If he gets a black off, you're done so deny that. Lucky board necessary.

Im not exaggerating. It boosts its own damage if you have downed an enemy, and even stacks if it kills one when its used. Im seriously hitting enemy teams for 20k across the board. The strike tiles he puts out only amplify the damage.

Did you buy any of his covers with CP?

I am seriously debating whether or not to take Spoit's suggestion to buy my final 3 Iceman covers but I hate the thought of burning 360 CP so quickly.

Triz

Did you buy any of his covers with CP?

I am seriously debating whether or not to take Spoit's suggestion to buy my final 3 Iceman covers but I hate the thought of burning 360 CP so quickly.

I have not bought a single cover for any character with CP. I just roll with what my pulls give me.

zulux21

success
jWKQjCL.png

with 3 days to spare I have the iso to get all my 3 stars to 166... I suppose i need to finish DDQ in order to have enough to champ her :p

Spoit

I've been sending BW but have her fully covered so I'm guessing is a 50/50 as to what she ships. Didn't look that far into it as the last time I had played before was for a few months at the end of '13 to early '14.

50/50 is still more useful than 1 cover, already somewhat marginal 5* TUs

zulux21

50/50 is still more useful than 1 cover, already somewhat marginal 5* TUs

what are you saying you wouldn't want a 1 cover strange :p

I am curious how green goblin is for team up given his purple seems to like me :p

I still wish I could get a red OML though.... drew another yellow the other day from cp and a black from log in is coming in 5 days.

what are you saying you wouldn't want a 1 cover strange :p

I am curious how green goblin is for team up given his purple seems to like me :p

I still wish I could get a red OML though.... drew another yellow the other day from cp and a black from log in is coming in 5 days.

To me, Goblin pink is a really good team up as you get to choose it's effects (if I need strike ties, it's that, if I need pure damage, if I need to stun, etc.).

As far as my own fives, the only ones I send out as team-ups are Phoenix (4 red) and Norman (2 pink).

Spoit

I mostly meant the Silver surfer and strange ones. But yeah, I'm not entirely sure how useful even a 4 cover phoenix red would be, since most of her power seems to come from synergy between it and her purple?

I'm looking at a 1/1/2 Medusa right now, with a 5th cover waiting for me in Shield SIM. My goal is to get her mostly covered in 6 months like I did Peggy (12 covers right now).

zulux21

I finished 4* Cyclops today. Its crazy how fast the 4 star roster progresses when you aren't dumping into 3*'s.

:p

it's gonna be nice to see my iso totals go up.

my plan for 2017 is when ever DDQ clash comes up what ever 4 star is featured I am going to boost to either my highest level 3 star or it's max level... which ever is lower :p

my highest 3 star i think right now is 195.
I have one 4 star currently at 193 and the next closest is 166 :p

Malmorian

Did they ever post a fix for the ads not working? Do I need to reinstall the app to make it work? Feel like i've been missing out on a lot of loot..

Spoit

I've finished three 4 stars in the last week? True it was double ISO and some were already leveled just waiting on covers to finish. But 3 in a week felt like above average progress.

That's like, what, 3/4 of a million ISO? I was able to get enough to champion one, but decided against it, since thing kinda sucks.

EDIT: yeah, to max a 4* it takes 365k, plus another 12.5k to champ. So that's well over a million iso for 3 of them. I call bullshit, even with the double ISO

This is getting silly. Got another Falcon Cap cover, my 5th within a week. He's championed already, so it's just a boatload of iso or some CP, but man, that's a lot of luck.

Triz

That's like, what, 3/4 of a million ISO? I was able to get enough to champion one, but decided against it, since thing kinda sucks.

EDIT: yeah, to max a 4* it takes 365k, plus another 12.5k to champ. So that's well over a million iso for 3 of them. I call bullshit, even with the double ISO
Lol, did you miss the part about 2 were already mostly covered. I don't let them sit a 70. I don't have a big ISO hoard, I level with it. I did dump about 200k into punisher. the other two were already at level 250, just waiting on the cover to drop. It's not bullshit but I could see that if I didn't have them leveled at all.

Spoit

Lol, did you miss the part about 2 were already mostly covered. I don't let them sit a 70. I don't have a big ISO hoard, I level with it. I did dump about 200k into punisher. the other two were already at level 250, just waiting on the cover to drop. It's not bullshit but I could see that if I didn't have them leveled at all.

Fair enough. I've switched over to just stockpiling it after having to scramble around with tokens and selling champed 2 stars to champ 4* cykes and rulk back to back in a week (from like 188 because of the soft caps).

I generally don't spend ISO until the covers are at a usable point. Or, like, ever for characters that are bad in general, like IW.

Spoit

Just want to point out that a Championed and boosted Thing is fucking awesome.

I wasn't impressed with him last time there was a boost. The protect tiles were nice and all, but even boosted, his active powers weren't really that great

zulux21

Or Invisible Woman, hahaha.

idk... making around 1k of strike tiles for 8 blue ap or dealing nearly 17k damage for 10 green makes her still decent to me.

mr fantastic goes up to adding 800 damage when you make certain color matches, healing 3k health if the enemy matches your special tiles. and up to 400 of protect with some stun.

Last night I powered my way up over 900 points in the Spidey PvP. Earned an Iceboy, who is now all covered.

In the middle of champing 4-star Punisher, so it'll be a bit before I can get to him.

Dalek

Got another Black Bolt today-2/1/2 now.

Was leveling Invisible Woman to Champion her next-but I'm taking a break to level War Machine as he's up for DDQ in 6 days.

Wasp is in 11 days but I only have 3 covers for her. 👎🏻

Spoit

Got another Black Bolt today-2/1/2 now.

Was leveling Invisible Woman to Champion her next-but I'm taking a break to level War Machine as he's up for DDQ in 6 days.

Wasp is in 11 days but I only have 3 covers for her. ����

Dude, Dalek, even if you don't have max covers for them, you have way better 4*s to level than IW. Go spend your ISO on X-23 or Peggy instead. Or punisher max, you only have him 1 cover away!

Ditto campino and iceman

Dalek

Dude, Dalek, even if you don't have max covers for them, you have way better 4*s to level than IW. Go spend your ISO on X-23 or Peggy instead. Or punisher max, you only have him 1 cover away!

Ditto campino and iceman

I know I know-but I keep getting Invisible Woman covers left and right and it's torturing me.

zulux21

Ditto. Purple for me, goes nicely with my yellow. But his purple seems better only with more covers

his purple is never good really.

it's the move you will only move up to 5 covers in very select situations after you champ him.

his blue and yellow are great at least though.

Triz

I would have taken miles.

I get a red cyclops cover meaning I get 1k iso :p

Well to make things worse The Deadpool cover I got from PVE gave me the champion legendary cover. And I pulled a Yellow Star lord which is sitting at 5 covers already. So I got 1000 ISO for that...

Stupidly added a Mystique cover today, giving me an Iceboy cover that I need to champion him. But I'm still putting iso into Punisher for probably the next week, so that's too bad. Not going to be able to do both, I'm sure.

Stupidly added a Mystique cover today, giving me an Iceboy cover that I need to champion him. But I'm still putting iso into Punisher for probably the next week, so that's too bad. Not going to be able to do both, I'm sure.

Are you 2* cycling? Because that usually gives me a nice shot in the arm when I need it most.

Top Bottom