• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

i thought this was actually a bug as well thus didn't mention it but it seems it is legit

Hey Everyone,

Starting in R117, character restrictions have been changed in Story events. In most situations, players will be able to use a character even if the same character (or variant of that character) is on the opposing team.

Character restrictions will not change for cases where the character is not available for story reasons though (for example, Wolverine will not be available for early sub-chapters in Enemy of the State).
They will also not change regarding playing with more than one variant or copy of the character on your team.

I should test it in DDQ as well.

also I don't want to acknowledge this post... but some of you might care.
Hey Everyone,

We have made a couple of changes SHIELD Intercepts. Most notably, players will encounter more opportunities to get bonus rewards and elite tokens have been added as rewards.

There is a MOTD that will go up today with the following text:
We've made some changes to S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercepts, which allow you to watch a video after claiming normal mission rewards for a bonus reward. Now, you'll have more opportunities for bonus rewards earlier in your session as you play missions. As before, you can always choose not to watch the video - you'll still receive the normal mission reward.

In addition, we've added the Elite token as a possible reward from S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercepts.
:/
F#&# you MPQ don't make me see this in my game.

zulux21

They've had it for months now? it's literally just a button you can sometimes push after a mission, if you don't want to see the ad, you don't need to

no... they haven't.
it isn't in steam.
I can't choose to see these and get rewards even though I want to (or at the time I was a VIP so I would just get extra rewards)

thus screw you MPQ don't make me see this message in my game just to remind me that you are unwilling to add them to the steam version or let me migrate to mobile :/

in other thoughts full 4 star marvel stuffs
bABlp97.png

just holy... shit...
fortified, high damage strikes with massive damage for 8 black @_@
oh yeah... and when it finishes boost them a ton as well.

if you match damage colors have free large nukes to the other team.

I am thinking 5/5/3 for her in general but if you want to match highest damage colors 5/3/5 could be solid as well.

but really given that she looks solid at level 70 with those numbers...
the max level numbers are going to be absolutely crazy.....
she is easily going to be a top 5 4 star.

will also be fun to use her with medusa in a year or two when I have them covered as medusa will create tiles that will lead to either creating attack tiles to get boosted or going off and having the attack tiles boosted.

yeah... I was originally thinking about him.

but I also kind of want to make an all female team that is quite dangerous.

so her, medusa, and a third that I will figure out later lol.

maybe teen jean for the fun of it lol.

Or Quake. Or Peggy. Actually, yeah, her, Medusa, and Peggy make a Rainbow team that has actives on all colors but Green.

zulux21

Or Quake. Or Peggy. Actually, yeah, her, Medusa, and Peggy make a Rainbow team that has actives on all colors but Green.

ah yeah peggy could be fun :p
she is a solid female as well, and has more annoying passives.

I really don't know who I would kill first if I faced marvel/medusa/peggy lol.

zulux21

Marvel. Especially since I realized that both Peggy and Medusa make countdowns.

yeah medusa makes auto short countdowns... and peggy's blue would be crazy...

if all 3 tiles survive and you have at least 3 attack or strike tiles on the board a max marvel would increase each tile by like 1.2k from peggy's blue lol.

but yay I finally actually have a 4 star goal.

now lets see...
I have 0 marvel covers (though I am going to late enter and hope I can get at least one of hers)

I have 2 total medusa covers...

my peggy at least has a few covers

yeah medusa makes auto short countdowns... and peggy's blue would be crazy...

if all 3 tiles survive and you have at least 3 attack or strike tiles on the board a max marvel would increase each tile by like 1.2k from peggy's blue lol.

but yay I finally actually have a 4 star goal.

now lets see...
I have 0 marvel covers (though I am going to late enter and hope I can get at least one of hers)

I have 2 total medusa covers...

my peggy at least has a few covers

12 for Peggy, 5 for Medusa (probably 6 by the end of the week). Will probably get 1 Marvel from this event, and she'll probably be the 2K cover in Shield Sim next season, so I'm just gonna have to hope I get lucky over the next few months like I did with Peggy. And that they update 3* Cap Marvel's rewards before I get her to 223.

zulux21

12 for Peggy, 5 for Medusa (probably 6 by the end of the week). Will probably get 1 Marvel from this event, and she'll probably be the 2K cover in Shield Sim next season, so I'm just gonna have to hope I get lucky over the next few months like I did with Peggy. And that they update 3* Cap Marvel's rewards before I get her to 223.

at the very least marvel should be the progression 4 star after her event.

even if she is the 2k cover I doubt I am motivated enough to get that high. I barely had the motivation to climb to 1800 to get 3 strange covers... and if I recall right I just got aboslutely destroyed as I got towards 1850 :p

at the very least marvel should be the progression 4 star after her event.

even if she is the 2k cover I doubt I am motivated enough to get that high. I barely had the motivation to climb to 1800 to get 3 strange covers... and if I recall right I just got aboslutely destroyed as I got towards 1850 :p

Forgot about that. Probably looking at a 1/1/1 in about a month. I might actually save up CP for like the first time ever until she gets into the tokens.

zulux21

Forgot about that. Probably looking at a 1/1/1 in about a month. I might actually save up CP for like the first time ever until she gets into the tokens.

yeah I will likely just save my CP and tokens until then. I know it will be like a 1.3% chance but it's better than nothing. and added together 3.9% at the 3 covers I want is better than the 2.8% chance at the two covers I want now :p

Spoit

yeah I will likely just save my CP and tokens until then. I know it will be like a 1.3% chance but it's better than nothing. and added together 3.9% at the 3 covers I want is better than the 2.8% chance at the two covers I want now :p

plus it'll give time to wait for the next BB-tier 5* to pull it in

Current Latest Legends is Strange, Natasha, and Thanos. Since my goal is actually 4*, I'll be pulling classics, which means the only BB tier 5* I have a chance at is actually Black Bolt.

zulux21

i suppose, but that is the downside a bit too as if the next 5* comes and pushes one to the classic, then my odds of getting the red OML cover I need goes down again :p

which is about the only 5 star cover I care about at this point as I use OML with IF for a lot of nodes and would love to get some strike tiles while making black AP :p

Spoit

Current Latest Legends is Strange, Natasha, and Thanos. Since my goal is actually 4*, I'll be pulling classics, which means the only BB tier 5* I have a chance at is actually Black Bolt.

No, I'm saying that if you're going to stockpile anyway, you should spend your CP on one of those new release, single-character things. It costs as much as a latest legend token, and with a 10% chance, you might actually have a chance at pulling more than 1 cover. As opposed to the classics, where sooner or later the chances of pulling a specific 5* will actually be worse than that of the 4*s

zulux21

No, I'm saying that if you're going to stockpile anyway, you should spend your CP on one of those new release, single-character things. It costs as much as a latest legend token, and with a 10% chance, you might actually have a chance at pulling more than 1 cover. As opposed to the classics, where sooner or later the chances of pulling a specific 5* will actually be worse than that of the 4*s

20 cp classics for life. I will never have all of the 4 stars anyways :p

MiTYH

20 cp classics for life. I will never have all of the 4 stars anyways :p

Ditto. One day I'll even get an OML...

Good token pulls for me today. Elites got me some 2-storms (re-championing her currently), and a Hood, and the two Tacos got me 3-hulk and 4-ant man. Haven't had a good run like that in a while

Which I would do if I cared about getting a fully covered 5*. I don't. I'm more concerned with getting as many 4 stars covered as I can, so I want to grab as many 4 star covers as possible, which means going Classic. Actually, I've wished for a while now that they had a 15CP, 4 star only Legendary.

zulux21

Tried to late join for the new 4* and hit a bracket with 800+ people. Going to be one hell of a grind for me.

not really sure that you could consider joining the first day a late join o_O

I'll join saturday night on one of the later brackets with ideally around 2.5 days left.

not really sure that you could consider joining the first day a late join o_O

I'll join saturday night on one of the later brackets with ideally around 2.5 days left.

Yeah, this isn't late, even if you're doing Slice 1. Especially since Deadpool vs MPQ is two 2 day sub-events. I'm probably joining tomorrow afternoon, since I still want to try to hit max progression. I'm mainly just looking for one or two flips, not necessarily a fresh bracket.

zulux21

Yeah, this isn't late, even if you're doing Slice 1. Especially since Deadpool vs MPQ is two 2 day sub-events. I'm probably joining tomorrow afternoon, since I still want to try to hit max progression. I'm mainly just looking for one or two flips, not necessarily a fresh bracket.

yup... I want to give myself a few hours to do a full clear on the first 2 day sub... just need to look at the timing.

ideally there is a sub that ends the first sub around 9pm my time on sat and I will join that one around 1pm sat :p

Triz

I always late join on day one so I can get all the progression rewards. I didn't realize they were 2 day slices. Usually have no problem with joining about 7 hours after they go live.

zulux21

I always late join on day one so I can get all the progression rewards. I didn't realize they were 2 day slices. Usually have no problem with joining about 7 hours after they go live.

for a character I want I am going to join with a few hours to go before we start the last subevent that way I can do a clear of the second to last sub event and ideally get a leg up on anyone joining after the event.

typically I still get the progression rewards I want as a lot of times I only go for 5cp (if it's a 3 star I want i will go to 10cp, and in the rare case it's a good 4* that isn't far from completion for me I will go for the 4 star)

I will also for sure be in SCL 7 instead of 8 since the trivial differences in rewards don't make it worth the extra competition.

Spoit

)*(&^ I should have waited. Even with how blindingly fast rulk ate through the nodes (under and hour for 4 clears on every node), I'm still #11 after the first clear, and none of the people above me did over clears

Spoit

Yeah that black is just obscene. And yeah, the green's 3->5 growth is kinda disapointing. That said, the AI does really prioritize matching it's best color frequently, so that extra thousand a turn could add up really quickly.

zulux21

Yeah that black is just obscene. And yeah, the green's 3->5 growth is kinda disapointing. That said, the AI does really prioritize matching it's best color frequently, so that extra thousand a turn could add up really quickly.

her black is great, her yellow might be even better. and yeah the AI does like it's best color meaning that the black will be quickly fueled if she is your strongest.

I mean for example... if you run loki and the enemy makes a 4 match and 3 of the countdowns survive (the norm) then you area looking at 3600 more damage from strike tiles if you have 3 of them out o_O

sentry could possibly trigger it 16 times with a world rupture... which depending on how the game stacks things could just go crazy as each one would end up doing 1200 more damage than the last no doubt killing every enemy lol.

quote from someone testing it out
So Sentry, Star-Lord, Carol. (you could bring Sentry green team up to get a higher health team, but then wouldn't get benefit of cheaper green from Star-Lord). Get 8 black AP, 10 green, throw your black out as early as possible, let the enemy use a move and then throw out your green. Be 5/5/3. I am not sure on the exact number of countdowns Sentry green creates, but I had 11 at 5 covers when I used him just now. Have 3 black strike tiles out by the time those countdowns resolve. Your strike tiles go from 660 total, to around 14,750 total, all for just 18 AP.

also the next 3 characters are likely

**** Riri Williams (Ironheart) ****
**** Mordo (Master of the Mystic Arts) ****
***** Black Panther (???) *****

Triz

Apparently my bracket isn't to intense after all. Went to bed in 2nd, woke up this morning in 5th. I can live with that.

zulux21

Apparently my bracket isn't to intense after all. Went to bed in 2nd, woke up this morning in 5th. I can live with that.

nice...

also... the steam users (myself included) might actually be winning in the MPQ forums

What about Steam users?
Steam users unfortunately do not receive Intercepts due to limitations in our partner technology. We plan on discussing soon the exploration of different options to help remedy this disparity.

I don't imagine it will change anything but hey... it's something lol.

though
Why am I not seeing Intercepts on my Amazon device?
Much like Steam, Amazon device users unfortunately also do not receive Intercepts. We plan on discussing soon the exploration of different options to help remedy this disparity.
is odd given they had ads before the last update.

Triz

I just got 2 Galactus tokens...Not sure if it is the 5* Hulk sorry token, or tokens from Galactus not unlocking on certain nodes. So many bugs don't know what they are apologizing for.

Dalek

Championed Rulk and Chulk make a perfect team for this PVE. I wasn't expecting to be in the top 100 but I'm in the 30s and still climbing.

Spoit

Championed Rulk and Chulk make a perfect team for this PVE. I wasn't expecting to be in the top 100 but I'm in the 30s and still climbing.

I've been using SW (and falcap). By the time her tile goes off enough to double cast rulk's purple, i've usually gotten the 4 green AP to do the big hit. Unfortunately, a few of the levels have already gotten to the point where that's not a OHKO for multiple characters

Triz

Ive been using Rulk, Kingpin, and Luke Cage for the boosted defense tile. barely taking any damage and Rulk just destroying.

Sitting in 1st.

Triz

And now I just got a 200g daily bugle gift??

Edit* This is the reward given for the Hulk Issue. Support ticket was sent after I claimed it.

Dalek

Damn I'm never going to get a red OML.

But what's strange is that I'm in 2nd place in the Deadpool PVE. I've never ranked that high before.

zulux21

Damn I'm never going to get a red OML.

But what's strange is that I'm in 2nd place in the Deadpool PVE. I've never ranked that high before.

me either...

I am also a bit bummed that I need to actually get thanos now.

oml+IF+3 star strange for goon nodes.

OML+x23 or daken + thanos for non goon nodes

seem like decent ways to kill low level nodes.

zulux21

I hate all of you. I'm going to need to play optimally to even hit top 20

if it helps I haven't started yet but I am sure I will end up in a bracket where even doing 4 clears on everything will leave me in the 200s.

*seeing his bullseye cover about to expire decides to spend 100hp on a vault in hopes of getting it. instead gets a doctor strange cover*

eh... I will take it lol.

zulux21

got bored and decided to enter a little early in hopes to getting a bullseye cover from a token.

started at 500th... the top looks like a sea of max completers :(

NineH

I hate all of you. I'm going to need to play optimally to even hit top 20

Lol, you and me both. I am getting all the nodes to green checks and am around 25th place. I've just accepted that I am doing them for iso since I have terrible bracket luck.

Spoit

Lol, you and me both. I am getting all the nodes to green checks and am around 25th place. I've just accepted that I am doing them for iso since I have terrible bracket luck.

That's...uh...a mistake. What you want to do is blaze through the initial clear as fast as possible. Doing 4 clears on each, the highest point ones first. And then come back in 24 hours and clear them when the timer counts down for optimal points. And then do the final (3? someone who actually plays PvE please clarify how many clears it takes to deplete a node, so I know how much time I need to allocate) clears as close to the end of the sub as possible, so that you waste the least number of points to the timer. And then do it all over again for the next sub.

I'm still undecided if it's better to do the essentials first, and then unlock and clear the main path, or do them all to 3, and then line up the clears that actually start the timers as close as possible. I'm pretty sure that you should start with the low point ones and then clear upwards for the final one though. As long as you actually finish.

That's...uh...a mistake. What you want to do is blaze through the initial clear as fast as possible. Doing 4 clears on each, the highest point ones first. And then come back in 24 hours and clear them when the timer counts down for optimal points. And then do the final (3? someone who actually plays PvE please clarify how many clears it takes to deplete a node, so I know how much time I need to allocate) clears as close to the end of the sub as possible, so that you waste the least number of points to the timer. And then do it all over again for the next sub.

I'm still undecided if it's better to do the essentials first, and then unlock and clear the main path, or do them all to 3, and then line up the clears that actually start the timers as close as possible. I'm pretty sure that you should start with the low point ones and then clear upwards for the final one though. As long as you actually finish.

Yes, it's three clears at the end to get everything down to 1 point.

And you want to get the timer started on the higher value nodes as fast as you can. So pure optimal strategy is to start with the essentials (if they're unlocked) and do those first (4*, then 3*, then 2*), then do one clear to unlock every node, then start at the highest value node and work your way backwards until everything has 4 clears. And yes, at the end, you start with the lowest value node and do the 3 clears for each one until you get to the highest value node (which should be the 4* essential).

Top Bottom