• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

My champed Red Hulk is making quick work of most teams in Naughty or Nice.

Also got this season's 10 pack from progression already. Mostly garbage.

Well....this continues to be very frustrating.

I like Iceman....I do.....but please stop giving me blues MPQ!

jXtOPbc.jpg

Triz

Good job getting the latest Punisher cover! My output will take a steep decline the next two days due to family Christmas events.

You haven't dumped any ISO into him with that many covers? That's a useful configuration already (punch a snowman should hit pretty hard).

I have a weird problem where I don't like using characters until they are fully covered and max leveled (prof X aside). I don't do much PVP so that might also be why.

Used boosted Thanos and even at 2 only covers that black passive is nasty. Killed one teammate and the other one barely survived by the time I won.

If you kill two or more opponents I wonder if it goes off twice.

This Crash of the Mad Titan fight today, using either KK, Medusa or Quake, is near impossible. Just can't outlast his health or get lucky with cascades or 5-matches.

Edit: Nevermind! Won rather easily with a fair bit of luck.

Triz

Took me 13 attempts (even leveled up quake to 172 with no success,) but I finally did it with KK. Boosted damage with the 100g one and boosted black and purple on the other boosts. Pulled a purple Thanos with the token so I guess it was worth it.

Took me 13 attempts (even leveled up quake to 172 with no success,) but I finally did it with KK. Boosted damage with the 100g one and boosted black and purple on the other boosts. Pulled a purple Thanos with the token so I guess it was worth it.

Yeah, I boosted KK. And I got a Hulkbuster with the token, which I used (via champion level) to get the CP necessary to pull another legendary, Got an Ant-Man cover with that, another burst of CP by way of champion level.

Will we get the third Punisher cover?

I mean, we technically have a shot at it, but probably not.

Edit: Back of the napkin math tells me that as an alliance, we need to beat him about 80 more times to get it. Each of us, if they can beat the sub nodes, gets 20 more shots at him right now. So I guess it's more likely than I thought, but I'm not counting on it.

Dalek

Well I was able to get the individual progression reward for the Purple Reign legendary token/got my fourth red Medusa cover. Very unusual she's 0/4/0 for me.

Weird alliance. No idea why I am so far ahead with my 2*/3* roster when most of the guys below me have 4/5* rosters:(

Because one of the biggest issues with alliance events is that the non-boss nodes scale with your roster. So while you're probably facing villians in the low-mid 100s, they're probably facing villains in the mid to high 200s or more. In other words, it's easier for them to beat Galactus, but it's easier for you to get to him.

Because one of the biggest issues with alliance events is that the non-boss nodes scale with your roster. So while you're probably facing villians in the low-mid 100s, they're probably facing villains in the mid to high 200s or more. In other words, it's easier for them to beat Galactus, but it's easier for you to get to him.

Ahh makes sense thanks.

We just hit Round 6 so I am probably going to struggle to beat a lvl300 Galactus. I may have to try some different strategies.

Spoit

I have a weird problem where I don't like using characters until they are fully covered and max leveled (prof X aside). I don't do much PVP so that might also be why.
Honestly, even though I still think that the CP cover costs ridiculous.... It might actually be worth it for you to spend your stockpile on him. He's just that good.

Also, this galactus event scaling is starting to get out of control. I can deal with the big guy himself easily enough, but these wave nodes are getting silly. I think there was just a (freaking Hawkeye) wave node that had all the dark avengers. Juggernaut alone had more hp than galactus did!

Wait does the bar fill in from the left or right? Because if it's the right, we should probably just leave the last pun cover and enjoy the holidays

zulux21

so.... i never did manage to win with kk... today with doctor doom was easy though. get some attack tiles out while you let purple build and just release the purple for massive damage.

i got a yellow medusa cover from it.

i also got my shield rank which gave me the money to champ daredevil and add his cover.

that got me 1000 iso for an ant man cover.

just squirrel girl left, and then i won't have any more 3 stars to champ until thanos gets more covers.

now to decide if i want to save my cp or spend it.

if i save it, when another solid 3 star like strange comes out i could just instant champ it as soon as i get one of each cover.

otherwise i could also work on buying two prof x covers to propery finish wininifite.

though pulling is more fun and will logically finish him anyways

NineH

Wait does the bar fill in from the left or right? Because if it's the right, we should probably just leave the last pun cover and enjoy the holidays

As of now, we need around 650,000 points to get the last cover. I can probably squeeze 150,000-200,000 more points before the event ends so I think we can eke out the last Punisher if 2 or 3 more of us plug away at him.

Since it's Christmas, I decided to pull one of my 10 packs. I got

Bucky
Nova
Elektra
Vision
3* Cap
5 2*s

That is my luckiest 10 pack ever.

Ponn

Banned
I've been managing to beat Galactus about 3-4 times everytime the nodes reset. I'm probably doing it wrong but i'm using 5* BW with her purple destroy enemy countdown tiles ability and her black power hits for like 6000 if she is low on health. I'm also using my championed modern hawkeye just for the blind luck of getting a critical match and procing speed shot and my go to guy Luke Cage with his hard hitting yellow power and his protect red power. Unfortunately I don't have powered up covers that you guys are using like Hulk, KK (shes almost there) and GSBW. I must be doing pretty good in this event though because i'm about 50k away from nabbing that overall purple reign prize. I'm just hoping I can do it with the next couple resets before the events over. I did manage to champion classic magneto with this even and about to champion Iron Man mark 40 and powered up my Patch and got him covered and ready to champion next with extra covers waiting for him. So overall this has been a great christmas.

I'm also falling in love with 5* Doc Strange with his yellow power. He has been clearing the drones in multi enemy nodes like a hot knife through butter for me.

Hit 700k and got a green Gamora. 3* roster coming along. I'm 1-2 covers away from champing a few. Resisting using CP.

Nodes are becoming a giant pain. Not sure if I can hit the Purple Reign token.

First time my Patch is covered enough to use while boosted and and the damage is nuts at only 3 covers of Green. Chewed through a 9.5k Ragnarok node easily with some luck.

Fun double edged sword mechanic. Using DD, Moonstone or waiting till I can match 3 purple to minimize the enemy tile damage. Fun fun.

MiTYH

Doom got me to beat Clash today, got me a second Thanos 5-star cover. Now i've got pink and black. Wish it were green, but I enjoy getting 5-stars!

I've been managing to beat Galactus about 3-4 times everytime the nodes reset. I'm probably doing it wrong but i'm using 5* BW with her purple destroy enemy countdown tiles ability and her black power hits for like 6000 if she is low on health. I'm also using my championed modern hawkeye just for the blind luck of getting a critical match and procing speed shot and my go to guy Luke Cage with his hard hitting yellow power and his protect red power. Unfortunately I don't have powered up covers that you guys are using like Hulk, KK (shes almost there) and GSBW. I must be doing pretty good in this event though because i'm about 50k away from nabbing that overall purple reign prize. I'm just hoping I can do it with the next couple resets before the events over. I did manage to champion classic magneto with this even and about to champion Iron Man mark 40 and powered up my Patch and got him covered and ready to champion next with extra covers waiting for him. So overall this has been a great christmas.

I'm also falling in love with 5* Doc Strange with his yellow power. He has been clearing the drones in multi enemy nodes like a hot knife through butter for me.

Quick note: If he isn't there already, make sure you set IM40 to 5 yellow as soon as you champ him. That power by itself makes him one of the two/three best 3* in the entire game (IMO, the only ones that can compete are Cyclops and Iron Fist).

Should I champ my 3* as soon as I can? I got Deadpool,CMags,GSBW and Hulk one cover away and Stormhawk,IM40 2 covers away.

I'm thinking I'm going to want a good 3* champ team or two as that's gonna mess up my difficulty scaling.

Blank!

Should I champ my 3* as soon as I can? I got Deadpool,CMags,GSBW and Hulk one cover away and Stormhawk,IM40 2 covers away.

I'm thinking I'm going to want a good 3* champ team or two as that's gonna mess up my difficulty scaling.

What I did was leveled all (most) of my 3*'s to ~120 or so. After that, I championed them as I got covers dying on the vine. That keeps the scaling relatively low and allows your 2*'s to still be relevant until you get a larger roster of 3*'s champions.

The only other reason to champion a hero (other than covers dying) is if they're super useful (IM40) but have the wrong cover coverage (IE, a 3 yellow Ironman is worth champion and respecing to 5 yellow).

Of the heroes you listed, CMag's would probably be top priority, followed by Deadpool (better with a decent Scarlet Witch) and GBSW. IM40 is great, but as a battery, his most useful contribution is simply his yellow. Unless you need to respec him, you're actually better off NOT championing him so he doesn't tank colors and you don't need to medpack him ever.

In order, I'd rank champing those as IM40, CMags, GSBW, Deadpool, Hulk, and MoStorm. Mags and IM40 by themselves make a pretty decent team together, even though they both use the exact same colors. Pair them with a green user (MoStorm or GSBW work best, though Hulk can work in a pinch) and you have yourself a solid 3* team for PvE.

Been thinking about picking this up again but I don't even know where to start or what I should be looking for when it comes to characters. Suggestions?

Triz

The 10 day rush to get 100k ISO to finish off a 4 star before the cover expires. Should be able to do it thanks to the double ISO right now.

MiTYH

Alright, looking for advice on who to roster

Sitting with the 3colors of 3-star Thanos, Red 4-blade, and Yellow 4-luke cage in the wings. 10 HP, so a new slot isn't going to happen (just cashed in to roster my two 5-star thanos covers)

Of my 3-stars that arent champed, I have the following, all around level 50 (I don't invest ISO until I can champ +1 cover):
- Gamora (just got her final cover today)
- Colossus (fully covered)
- Doc Oc (3/5/1)
- Iron Man-40 (1/3/1)
- Quicksilver (5/4/1)
- Doctor Strange (1/1/0)

I'm thinking of tossing Quicksilve out of all of them... I don't use him much, and I'm tired of tossing Iron Man-40. Thoughts?

I would just sell the ones in your queue then. Would be a waste to sell fully covered or almost covered 3 stars. Thanos isn't that great and the others are just 1 cover.

zulux21

so excluding thanos, I have one 3 star left to champ... squirrel girl.

her next deadpool daily...

decemeber 31st, 2016.

I shall finish my 3 stars off just in time to meet my goal of finishing them all this year lol

Sitting with the 3colors of 3-star Thanos, Red 4-blade, and Yellow 4-luke cage in the wings. 10 HP, so a new slot isn't going to happen (just cashed in to roster my two 5-star thanos covers)

Of my 3-stars that arent champed, I have the following, all around level 50 (I don't invest ISO until I can champ +1 cover):
- Doc Oc (3/5/1)
- Iron Man-40 (1/3/1)
- Quicksilver (5/4/1)
- Doctor Strange (1/1/0)

I'm thinking of tossing Quicksilve out of all of them... I don't use him much, and I'm tired of tossing Iron Man-40. Thoughts?

Stop tossing IM40.

Blank!

- Doc Oc (3/5/1)
- Iron Man-40 (1/3/1)
- Quicksilver (5/4/1)
- Doctor Strange (1/1/0)

For starters, stop opening shit. You're just burning covers/going in circles.

You'll want to roster Thanos if you plan on playing competitively this PvE, if you aren't then toss him in the trash.

Of the 3*'s you don't have champed, only Dr Strange/IM40 are "top tier" (IM40 is baffling why you've been tossing colors of his... unless you took a break and missed where they buffed him? Hint: he's really fucking good). It would certainly suck to have to toss those others that you have well covered.

Have you considered letting some 4*'s die? It sounds like you're well within 3* land but I'm not sure where you're at in 4 land. 4* Blade/Cage are both middling heroes and I don't think either is slated to be essential in PvP for a while.

Blank!

I'm sure I know the answer to this, but there's no reason to keep anything in the 1* besides a max Juggs, right?

5* Blue-only Black Widow is one of the best Teamups in game. She's cheap to re-send out, a huge 5 turn stun (1 turn for rest of team) and very cheap AP wise.

Spiderman purple-only is also very popular among 5* teams (fits pretty damn well anywhere though) and can also DDQ, but you do run into Bagman.

Juggernaut is the most universally useful though and if you aren't trying to be the good team player and keep sending your shitty 1-cover Black Bolt yellow for the awesome XP, you can probably just stick with him.

Ron Mexico

5* Blue-only Black Widow is one of the best Teamups in game. She's cheap to re-send out, a huge 5 turn stun (1 turn for rest of team) and very cheap AP wise.

Spiderman purple-only is also very popular among 5* teams (fits pretty damn well anywhere though) and can also DDQ, but you do run into Bagman.

Juggernaut is the most universally useful though and if you aren't trying to be the good team player and keep sending your shitty 1-cover Black Bolt yellow for the awesome XP, you can probably just stick with him.

I've been sending BW but have her fully covered so I'm guessing is a 50/50 as to what she ships. Didn't look that far into it as the last time I had played before was for a few months at the end of '13 to early '14.

MiTYH

For starters, stop opening shit. You're just burning covers/going in circles.

You'll want to roster Thanos if you plan on playing competitively this PvE, if you aren't then toss him in the trash.

Of the 3*'s you don't have champed, only Dr Strange/IM40 are "top tier" (IM40 is baffling why you've been tossing colors of his... unless you took a break and missed where they buffed him? Hint: he's really fucking good). It would certainly suck to have to toss those others that you have well covered.

Have you considered letting some 4*'s die? It sounds like you're well within 3* land but I'm not sure where you're at in 4 land. 4* Blade/Cage are both middling heroes and I don't think either is slated to be essential in PvP for a while.

Yeah I've got an opening problem. *shrugs* I enjoy it though.

I was thinking of tossing a 4-star to make room for Thanos. Hate doing that, but might have to

And yes, I never had IM-40 before the buff, so this is literally all I've acquired since then. Maybe today I'll actually update my gamependium and see what's good to toss

zulux21

heh kate vs OML

yeah... no way in hell I can do this with a 1/1/1 kate.

it should be an easy match for anyone with nearly maxed covers for her... but unless you have 5 of one of her covers I can't see it being easy.

though to be fair OML is quite gimped in this setting as his healing is cut in a third from normal and his red doesn't activate.

heh kate vs OML

yeah... no way in hell I can do this with a 1/1/1 kate.

it should be an easy match for anyone with nearly maxed covers for her... but unless you have 5 of one of her covers I can't see it being easy.

though to be fair OML is quite gimped in this setting as his healing is cut in a third from normal and his red doesn't activate.

My 2/4/3 lvl 120 Kate pulled it off first try with boosts. The basic trick is that you have to gain enough AP to fire everything within 3/4 turns of each other so he doesn't have much time to heal (ideally, you wait until you have purple out to shoot everything else, and the purple going off finishes him).

Dalek

I boosted too and won second try. Fire Boomerangs first and then fire Looking For Trouble. Luckily I had enough black stored up to fire that twice. If you're denying him black you should be able to build up enough AP to fire that off twice.

Triz

Well I champed 4* Punisher. I know he is boosted right now, but his green is crazy. 20k to the whole enemy team is real easy to pull off.

Top Bottom