• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

yeah I want that carol cover, but it isn't going to happen. the crawl to 1700 isn't to bad, I only got attacked twice. i haven't managed to even get to 1800 because I am constantly being attacked, mostly by people who are taking the max points from me :/

Dalek

yeah I want that carol cover, but it isn't going to happen. the crawl to 1700 isn't to bad, I only got attacked twice. i haven't managed to even get to 1800 because I am constantly being attacked, mostly by people who are taking the max points from me :/

In Simulator? It's way too early for that-you'll be a big target.

zulux21

In Simulator? It's way too early for that-you'll be a big target.

well if I wait until later i am constantly attacked all the way up to 1700 o_O

eh whatever, i am not getting the cover, I am not going to bother climbing a second time. my time can be used for much better things.

Triz

Im at 1200 in the Simulator and have been attacked twice. Got Thanos, and will Try for Carol, but honestly the only time Ive ever made it to the top was the one time it was only to 1000 points. I rarely touch PVP but am over 1800 points for the season so far.

Spoit

Ugh, there's just too much HP between championed sentries, x-23s and 4cykes. I'm not even going to bother going for that cage cover

brickface

Took me about seven tries to beat X-23 with my 4/1/1 Moon Knight. Couldn't get up to firing off two green powers one after the other for ages, and I still needed a black one to finish off. Got a Hulbusta! So he's now 4/3/3. Not too shabby.

Not bad to start my stockpile of legendary tokens and CP. I'll be champing Punisher tonight and I beat X-23 yesterday, so I'll have 3 tokens and I'm sitting on 67 CP (which will go up through PvE progression). Not bad at all for the first handful of days.

zulux21

man riri sucks.

she should have been a 3 star not a 4 star.

you have her 9 costing blue that can move up to 10 special tiles (not including count down or inviso) to the center of the board and it will lock 4 of them.

you have her 11 costing red that can do up to 10k or so damage at max level that unlocks and removes some special tiles (aka her only decent move in a world with a ton of great red moves)

and then her 8 green move that will do like 5k damage at max level and send her airborne for 1 turn and the enemy for 2.

like she isn't Mr. Fantastic bad... but she doesn't seem to have a reason to be rostered at this point.

Dalek

Got a Legendary Token from the Daily rewards-it gave me a Black Elektra cover. She's championed for me-so that brought her to level 280 for me, which of course gives you another Legendary cover. That netted me another 5 star FINALLY....but it's Black Widow.

3/1/0 for me now. Sadly not very useful outside of seed team rounds.

Spoit

Got a Legendary Token from the Daily rewards-it gave me a Black Elektra cover. She's championed for me-so that brought her to level 280 for me, which of course gives you another Legendary cover. That netted me another 5 star FINALLY....but it's Black Widow.

3/1/0 for me now. Sadly not very useful outside of seed team rounds.

Yeah, in retrospect, the delay on CM being added to tokens is probably a good thing. It gives time for BW to be rotated out of the recent legends

Blank!

man riri sucks.

she should have been a 3 star not a 4 star.

you have her 9 costing blue that can move up to 10 special tiles (not including count down or inviso) to the center of the board and it will lock 4 of them.

you have her 11 costing red that can do up to 10k or so damage at max level that unlocks and removes some special tiles (aka her only decent move in a world with a ton of great red moves)

and then her 8 green move that will do like 5k damage at max level and send her airborne for 1 turn and the enemy for 2.

like she isn't Mr. Fantastic bad... but she doesn't seem to have a reason to be rostered at this point.

Yeah, her moveset is baffling to me. I didn't think I'd ever say this, but her blue is just a worse Invisible Woman Blue, right? It costs 1 more, locks the same # of tiles... but it's like getting +strength tiles versus moving them around. Unless it's like bullseye or something and then it becomes sort of an instant 5 in a row. Did I mention that her blue is absolute garbage at rank 3? 6 tiles to the middle and locking 1.. The lack of countdown tile in this means she won't even be good in a PvE sense.

That's another thing, if you move all these tiles to the middle and match them but a mix of them are locked/unlocked, you'll end up BREAKING the lock instantly and not destroying the special tile you moved right? Unless it matches itself again right off... I guess it depends on how it mixes but that seems bonkers too.

Her red is stupid, it's damage seems okay I guess? But it'll only get rid of locked tiles (max of 4). So unless you max her blue you won't even get decent lock removal... and only AFTER a cooldown tile resolves? What the heck?

Her Green I can actually see as leaving at 3, because you don't really need her in the field really. 8 green for a 2 turn pseudo stun isn't awful I guess?

zulux21

Yeah, her moveset is baffling to me. I didn't think I'd ever say this, but her blue is just a worse Invisible Woman Blue, right? It costs 1 more, locks the same # of tiles... but it's like getting +strength tiles versus moving them around. Unless it's like bullseye or something and then it becomes sort of an instant 5 in a row. Did I mention that her blue is absolute garbage at rank 3? 6 tiles to the middle and locking 1.. The lack of countdown tile in this means she won't even be good in a PvE sense.

That's another thing, if you move all these tiles to the middle and match them but a mix of them are locked/unlocked, you'll end up BREAKING the lock instantly and not destroying the special tile you moved right? Unless it matches itself again right off... I guess it depends on how it mixes but that seems bonkers too.

Her red is stupid, it's damage seems okay I guess? But it'll only get rid of locked tiles (max of 4). So unless you max her blue you won't even get decent lock removal... and only AFTER a cooldown tile resolves? What the heck?

Her Green I can actually see as leaving at 3, because you don't really need her in the field really. 8 green for a 2 turn pseudo stun isn't awful I guess?

i mean it might be funny against someone like 4 star cap who makes a bunch of tiles and then use her power.

but at the same time I would rather just turn them all into strike tiles with loki :p

Triz

Just got defeated in pvp by a 375 wolverine, 455 5* Phoenix , and 469 Silver Surfer. I've supported the game with plenty of cash, but not that fucking much.

Spoit

I give up. I could hit 900, but it's just too tedious to fight through all 70k+ hp in only 6k and 10k increments with 4cyke. At least it rotates next event.

Anyone know if Thing triggers off of an AoE? I might as well dump some ISO to get a reasonable defense team, and it's either him or SL being buffed next week

zulux21

so i looks like I am gonna get riri.

I was just going for the wasp cover as she isn't put together well enough for me to do her DDQ yet, but after two days I am 73rd so as long as I continue doing 4 clears of each node it seems like I should get a top 100 with ease.

edit: I wonder who the punisher will face.

either way it should be easy. with the last covers they gave my punisher is 5/2/4. I spent some iso to get him to 150 but I doubt i needed him that high. some black and blue and it should be over fast.

Blank!

Ms Marvel is a pretty good counter to Punisher. Black is both of their main colors, so you can't directly match it without fueling her and damaging yourself. My low level Pun stands no chance.

zulux21

Ms Marvel is a pretty good counter to Punisher. Black is both of their main colors, so you can't directly match it without fueling her and damaging yourself. My low level Pun stands no chance.

she is a good counter to everyone because she is a bad ass... really she is a mean choice... but I should still be able to do it.

just be glad they undercovered her.

she is 2/5/2 for the match i think

had she been at 5/5/3

her black would be doing about 10k more damage (aka a little under 12k instead a little over 2k)
and her green would be getting her 3 black per your black match and doing 1263 to punisher instead.

anyways took two tries with +2/+2 black/green and blue/purple and +2 all.

got lucky on the second try and got a couple blue and green 4 matches that also gave me some black

Operation Stockpile is so far quite the success. Sitting on 4 legendary tokens and 165 CP.

Almost all my intended 2-stars are championed again for the cycle, going to probably put some iso into my 5-stars, like Goblin, who will be 1/4/1 next week with a cover from resupply. Then I'll pull one token at a time, and if need be, level them up to champion from that cover.

Feels good.

zulux21

Operation Stockpile is so far quite the success. Sitting on 4 legendary tokens and 165 CP.

Almost all my intended 2-stars are championed again for the cycle, going to probably put some iso into my 5-stars, like Goblin, who will be 1/4/1 next week with a cover from resupply. Then I'll pull one token at a time, and if need be, level them up to champion from that cover.

Feels good.

i have 4 tokens and 78cp myself.

I treated myself this weekend and cashed in 100 CP, 55 tacos and 10 legendary tokens.

Down to 10 legendaries, 326 CP and 1.48 million ISO after champing another 2* as you guys have been recommending.

Got another 5* Spidey and a 5* Thanos (didn't have him). Not many 4* pulls I could use but they don't hurt. How is a champed Flaptain? Debating on buying a cover for him to do it.

zulux21

I treated myself this weekend and cashed in 100 CP, 55 tacos and 10 legendary tokens.

Down to 10 legendaries, 326 CP and 1.48 million ISO after champing another 2* as you guys have been recommending.

Got another 5* Spidey and a 5* Thanos (didn't have him). Not many 4* pulls I could use but they don't hurt. How is a champed Flaptain? Debating on buying a cover for him to do it.

he isn't very good as while he can hit hard... at 14 red ap and needing to use yellow to make protect tiles, it's really just a one hit thing and not great for how matches are being set up.

that being said... he might be amusing with the new captain marvel and teamed up with a tile creator such as scarlet witch or the human torch.

as when ever you match blue with flaptain it reduces a countdown timer by 1 and strengthens two tiles by 135. and when ever an ability goes off cap marvel increaes 3 tiles by 427.

so you could have a little fun with someone like human torch, place his green ability out and then use his black.

it would mean every turn the attack tiles would get bigger from cap marvel and then when you match blue both would go off.

still not great, but at least amusing.

really cap marvel is just a much better choice for a sort of similar idea... just instead of protect she makes strike tiles, and instead of red for damage she uses black at almost half the cost for way more :p

I'll be doing various cash ins over the next few weeks.

tomorrow strange should be in the vault again, so I will likely cash in the 30 tacos i have for that vault (as well as the 10 more I will get over the next 5 days)
after that ideally thanos will be in the vault so I will cash in the 40 tacos I have for that vault (as well as the 10 more I get over the 5 days)

I will then have a week off from cashing and then finally be able to cash in all my CP and legendary tokens once carol gets added so I can get none of her :p

Spoit

Missed top 2 by like a thousand and a half. Which I guess is a fair cop, late joining the day before is always a risk, and I did probably do a whole clear less than them

zulux21

Finished 85th, got a Riri cover, so I'm happy with that. In the next week or two I'll have 3-star Thanos championed, too.

I should get there too. I need two covers, one from his DDQ and ideally one from the vault with one of my 50 pulls.

i am so glad that they fixed his black.

it's so amazing just running him and strange against goon nodes. they just melt lol

edit: ooh a single use for riri's green move where it doesn't suck.

if you can time it where it kills an enemy it will at least allow her to dodge thanos' black damage lulz.

Triz

Trying to hit top 5 in the PVE. I doubt Ill get it, but if I do ill be able to champ War Machine with the covers I get.

Dalek

Sam Cap championed-I got a 5* Thanos out of it.

Next up?
Fully covered:
Quake
Spider-Gwen
Ghost Rider
Professor X

or
ALMOST fully covered:
Punisher (missing one cover)

Top Bottom