• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Civil War re-run details

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a...f=5-star-black-panther-february-2nd-2017&l=en

6226be67156d6986fdd8087d2973be9776216005.png

d116ad2490f2431a0d99dd63f24297a4aabe336c.png

BP gets his own vault (with 10% odds) and from now on it looks like they'll be doing individual vaults for 5* introductions (and it sounds like each one will get their own event) and then add them to latest legends 2 weeks later.

Also, the rewards are Jessica Drew for Team Cap and Red Hulk to Team IM. Which probably means we're focusing on Team IM first.

zulux21

Civil War re-run details

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a...f=5-star-black-panther-february-2nd-2017&l=en

6226be67156d6986fdd8087d2973be9776216005.png

d116ad2490f2431a0d99dd63f24297a4aabe336c.png

BP gets his own vault (with 10% odds) and from now on it looks like they'll be doing individual vaults for 5* introductions (and it sounds like each one will get their own event) and then add them to latest legends 2 weeks later.

Also, the rewards are Jessica Drew for Team Cap and Red Hulk to Team IM. Which probably means we're focusing on Team IM first.

if we focus like the last two times we should be able to get all the 4 star covers from both sides, but... yeah team IM totally. red hulk is far more useful than spiderwoman even if I have more need for spiderwoman :p

Dalek

I have a fully championed Red Hulk-so I would prefer Spider-Woman, but I'm fine with both. Just getting my vote in.

zulux21

I have a fully championed Red Hulk-so I would prefer Spider-Woman, but I'm fine with both. Just getting my vote in.

my red hulk is 2/1/5
my spiderwoman is 3/1/2
thus both are useful, but the red hulk covers might be enough to let me do the DDQ.

but as I said we should be able to get all the 4 star covers if we all get together to do it.

Yeah, with a championed Red Hulk, I definitely would prefer getting Spider-Woman covers.

But whichever, I'll take some champion levels, too.

My Hulk is at 0/4/4, and my Drew is at 3/1/0. The Hulk covers do much more for me right now than the Spider Woman covers do. I'll definitely help on both sides (kinda want those Squirrel Girl covers as well).,

Triz

I don't give a shit what we go for. Hulk is champ levels and spider woman is mid tier right? Let's just wreck some shit.

zulux21

We'll start with Red Hulk-then get Spider-Woman. We don't seem to have a problem getting both lately.

yeah as long as we have active players we should be able to get both.

though...
I do still need a replacement for one of our members for sure (told me they were quitting the game or at least putting it on hiatus, so they won't be any help for the civil war)

I also know that
some of those players (I think, I am bad with names but I think the two that have been gone a day for sure)
are the most likely to miss a log in day, not a huge deal in general since really I only care when it becomes a constant, but for an alliance event more active players could be nice, but I wouldn't kick them without them saying it is okay to do so.

NineH

We'll start with Red Hulk-then get Spider-Woman. We don't seem to have a problem getting both lately.
Selfishly, I would go for SpiderWoman since I have Red Hulk championed but since a few of us need the Red Hulk covers, that seems to be the better choice since ultimately Jessica Drew is very meh. Us in GafVengers seem to come together well in the alliance events so I look forward to getting a few Spider Woman covers at the very least.

brickface

Has anyone rostered Howard the Duck? I've nearly got him through the PVE but I've still got a few three stars I could put on the roster instead.

Triz

Managed to down Falcon with my 1/3/3 Nova at level 152. Had boosts, and the last 3k on Falcon was a bitch because he got his protect tiles out. But not complaining I got it first try.

Pulled a Purple 5* Strange now have 5 covers on him.

zulux21

Managed to down Falcon with my 1/3/3 Nova at level 152. Had boosts, and the last 3k on Falcon was a bitch because he got his protect tiles out. But not complaining I got it first try.

Pulled a Purple 5* Strange now have 5 covers on him.

got him on my first try with my level 172 3/4/1 nova. I just denied yellow hard.
got worried for a bit when he got enough red to use his move but it left me with just enough hp to kill him before he killed me.

don't know what I got yet as I am not pulling anything until Carol is added to the tokens :p

zulux21

Look for a merc now, if we find someone they can join after the event.

wouldn't we want them to join before hand as once they join the event they can't join the event with another alliance?

either way I put up a notice on the MPQ forums, and there are a few single players I see I can contact.

wouldn't we want them to join before hand as once they join the event they can't join the event with another alliance?

either way I put up a notice on the MPQ forums, and there are a few single players I see I can contact.

If there were someone, we'd want them to join beforehand, yes. I don't think we're going to find someone in the next 12 hours, though.

zulux21

If there were someone, we'd want them to join beforehand, yes. I don't think we're going to find someone in the next 12 hours, though.

oh... I can get someone quickly enough a number of people are trying to find alliances right now.

I am just trying to find someone most likely to add a ton of points :p

though for the purposes of everything are we team iron man first then team cap (with the goal to get all 6 4 star covers but at least 5) or are we cap first then iron man.

it matters for recruitment :p

Spoit

I think the general consensus was the one that give rulk first. Even though a lot of us have him champed, it'd be more useful for those that don't, than getting the rather marginal spider-woman's covers

zulux21

I think the general consensus was the one that give rulk first. Even though a lot of us have him champed, it'd be more useful for those that don't, than getting the rather marginal spider-woman's covers

kk the person I just contacted wanted a team iron man alliance, so I let them know that our plan would be to go through iron man for 3 (as I think that is the rulk side) covers and then switch to the other side for those covers as well and that in the past I know we got all 3 covers from one side and at least 2 from the other, I think all 3 from both sides but I am not sure.

roster of the person I contacted
https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Jandyle/

aka not amazing but should do decent enough.

zulux21

edit: someone properly contacted me and I added them.

say hello to your new alliance member in game chat

Anyways... this sounds like the plan.

we will go for team iron man until we get all 3 red hulk covers. At that time you should switch over to team cap, though if you are close to a progression reward that you want on iron man side you can go after it.
since we are planning on going to team cap side eventually if the iron man fight gets to hard and you don't have a great roster feel free to start working on cap, though if you can do the iron man unlock nodes to help with points that would be good.

reminders.

The unlock for bosses on either side works for both bosses. If you have a hard node on the iron man side or are missing a required character but you have the needed character for the cap side beat the cap node and then just face iron man.

If you hit the boss and all the unlock nodes quickly instead of focusing on unlock nodes right away when they unlock nice time just let the 8 hours from the last time you faced the boss go. it will give you an extra hit on the boss. if you do it well this can lead to 1-2 extra hits on the boss per day which can result in you getting a decent number of more points.

While it's not a hard requirement for the alliance to join in the event, any little bit you can do will help. so if you have some time please participate as more covers is always good.

note: the new player would prefer team cap first since he also has a champed rulk but not the other. they seem okay if we do iron man first though. I personally don't care to much either way but figured we could do one final vote tonight.

*edit: *gets a response from someone who claims to have max 5*s and just wants to play with any alliance that is actively playing the event. stares at two of the members that are often missing days... sighs and responds to the 5* person that they are full now*

NineH

I just had a real odd rng streak in the lightning round. I got 7 green bullseye covers in a row so that's kinda cool. Thank god for 2* farming so those covers can be put to good use.

As for Team Cap or IM, it really should be for IM since the RHulk covers would be more useful for everyone even if only for champ levels.

zulux21

I just had a real odd rng streak in the lightning round. I got 7 green bullseye covers in a row so that's kinda cool. Thank god for 2* farming so those covers can be put to good use.

As for Team Cap or IM, it really should be for IM since the RHulk covers would be more useful for everyone even if only for champ levels.

I think that is the general thoughts, but at the same time a number of people have RHulk champed while their spiderwoman likely isn't good enough to win a DDQ.

it's the only reason it's even a question.

i mean my roster it's RHulk hands down.
though it is a shame i have to sell that purple cover as that is the one that I have sold a couple times now lol.

I think that is the general thoughts, but at the same time a number of people have RHulk champed while their spiderwoman likely isn't good enough to win a DDQ.

it's the only reason it's even a question.

i mean my roster it's RHulk hands down.
though it is a shame i have to sell that purple cover as that is the one that I have sold a couple times now lol.

I was gonna say just use CP to buy the last Rulk cover, but then I remember that you aren't going to champ him anytime soon anyway so that would be pointless.

zulux21

I was gonna say just use CP to buy the last Rulk cover, but then I remember that you aren't going to champ him anytime soon anyway so that would be pointless.

oh I am not missing just one cover.

my red hulk pulls would have my red hulk at
2/1/8 or so if such a thing was possible lol.

zulux21

so the new player makes a fine point.

if we are aiming for both sides doing the nodes on cap's side might not be a bad idea as we could bypass the round 1 boss that only gives 6k hp via node points while we climb up iron man.

it would mean that iron man would take a bit longer but it would also mean no one wastes any boss attacks on round 1 cap.

Spoit

Ugh, I dunno how well this is going to work when we cross over, and they're at annoyingly high levels. The team cap buff list is terrible. Above the 3* level (which won't do much against lvl 400 IM), It's all support characters, without a single really good punchy guy.

Well, that and an unbuffed 4hor, without any of her feeders on the list

Dalek

So fucking happy right now. My daughter was watching me play the Civil War nodes and then the Howard nodes. I got enough CP for a cover-I had 28. I was contemplating getting a Hail to the King cover but we decided to just spend 20 on a Classic Legendary.

I let her pull the cover-and she pulled Old Man Logan-Die Hard. I've been waiting forever for this cover and this changes everything. He's finally useful!

3/1/3 now

Ugh, I dunno how well this is going to work when we cross over, and they're at annoyingly high levels. The team cap buff list is terrible. Above the 3* level (which won't do much against lvl 400 IM), It's all support characters, without a single really good punchy guy.

Well, that and an unbuffed 4hor, without any of her feeders on the list

There's always Charlie's Angels if need be.

Spoit

Hopefully the big pullathon when they add cap marvel to the LTs in what, a week? turns out well. I pulled a blue chulk from the team IM vault, but that's the only color I have maxed. Luckily, I just need one cover to champ him. Which I probably will unless I get ridiculously lucky with my pull for nova (2/5/0), peggy (1/1/3), or x-23 (0/5!/0). Which is probably unlikely

zulux21

Hopefully the big pullathon when they add cap marvel to the LTs in what, a week? turns out well. I pulled a blue chulk from the team IM vault, but that's the only color I have maxed. Luckily, I just need one cover to champ him. Which I probably will unless I get ridiculously lucky with my pull for nova (2/5/0), peggy (1/1/3), or x-23 (0/5!/0). Which is probably unlikely

yeah around a week. really I half expected them to add her and riri to the panther vault as extra incentive *Shrugs*

lets see I have 6 tokens, and will have 7 with ant man, and will have enough cp for 7 pulls.

I wonder if I get anything interesting in 14 pulls.

though it should be noted that panther isn't going to be added right away to the current tokens.

they said it would be two week after the event so if you want him instead of widow you would have to wait another week.

I finally bit the bullet and champed my first 4 stars (Teen Jean and X-Force Deadpool) because they both had two covers on the vine. I should be fine scaling wise since both aren't going to be boosted in the next couple weeks. So I have enough CP for 8 classic pulls and 5 latest tokens. I'll probably add about 30-50 extra CP and two or three more legendaries by the time next Thursday rulls around.

Spoit

yeah around a week. really I half expected them to add her and riri to the panther vault as extra incentive *Shrugs*

lets see I have 6 tokens, and will have 7 with ant man, and will have enough cp for 7 pulls.

I wonder if I get anything interesting in 14 pulls.

though it should be noted that panther isn't going to be added right away to the current tokens.

they said it would be two week after the event so if you want him instead of widow you would have to wait another week.

Ugh, I guess I'll just sell the chulk cover then. The chance of not having 5* widow is worth more than an extra legendary token pull.

I totally would have been tempted to just pull in the panther vault if it had CM.

By the time that comes around I should probably have like 400 CP, and have 11 LTs right now, so that should give me something at least

I was sitting at 285 CP, and really wanted that 5-star Black Panther, so I pulled 3x from the special token thing. Got a Captain Falcon champ level, a useless Venom and then a Quake cover, who I can now champion. I'm about to get a Devil Dinosaur cover that will allow me to champ him, too, but Quake comes first.

So I was sitting on a Flaptain dupe at 12/13 powers so I wasted 120cp to champ him.

What's his best layout?
I'd put 5 on both yellow and red, it does a lot of damage.

Top Bottom