• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Spoit

Sam Cap championed-I got a 5* Thanos out of it.

Next up?
Fully covered:
Quake
Spider-Gwen
Ghost Rider
Professor X

or
ALMOST fully covered:
Punisher (missing one cover)
Punisher. I wouldn't take PX past 188 unless you have a 2nd one covered up for winfinite shenanigans

Pulled my 4 legendaries tonight. Got a black Thanos cover (2/0/0) and a blue Doctor Strange cover (1/0/1), along with a level for my championed Carnage and sold the Invisible Woman cover. Not bad at all.

Sitting on 217 CP, too, but I'll be waiting a few more days, at least, before using some of that.

zulux21

I pulled the cover for Riri out of the vault so now I have all her colors. Still not impressed.

she isn't very good at all.

thus she will likely be the next character I have all the covers for even though i have a few that are 1 or 2 away.

zulux21

*levels up mr fantastic to level 192 so he has 10k life.*

*beats the DDQ on the first try with Mr. Fantastic getting down to 1.5k life at one point*

coolio.

Triz

Thanks for the confidence Zulux. I took mine to 188 as well and was able to do it first try. And the best part? I pulled a BLUE Teen Jean. I can finally finish her off!

But have to get about 80k ISO since I dumped so much into Reed lol.

Thanks for the confidence Zulux. I took mine to 188 as well and was able to do it first try. And the best part? I pulled a BLUE Teen Jean. I can finally finish her off!

Thank you both. Bumped him to 188 and it worked on my third try.

zulux21

Thank you both. Bumped him to 188 and it worked on my third try.

glad to hear it worked out for you guys as well.

for me I am just following my game plan, where I level up the clash characters to 150 or so when their turn comes up (or if it is a harder one and i can go higher go up to where my top 3 stars are)

i'm very glad I upped his life because doom got off his purple for 7k damage on me lol. after that though he didn't do much since I got enough blue to get a bunch of protect tiles out.

it's going to be close if I can do the next clash (nova, i think I can now that he is 3/3/1 as missing his black before really hurt.) but ant man after that should be a breeze, I should be able to do miles, red hulk I really could use pulling another green cover or two, have no clue if I can do awesome hulk after that.

Dalek

Doom was no match for my Championed Mr. Fantastic.

Got *Another* Star Lord cover out of this-but I did pull a 5 star Hulk last night from CP so that's a plus.

Just a heads up that it looks like Nova is up next for DDQ.

Spoit

I swear, you guys must be playing a different node than I am. He keeps pulling off his purple or black (while I'm actively denying them) before I can even pull off a single move. I've burned all my premium boosts AND dozen or so health packs and haven't gotten him below half. Sure my fantastic isn't leveled and is half covered, but I'm still not seeing how it's possible, even with a champed one

Dalek

I swear, you guys must be playing a different node than I am. He keeps pulling off his purple or black (while I'm actively denying them) before I can even pull off a single move. I've burned all my premium boosts AND dozen or so health packs and haven't gotten him below half. Sure my fantastic isn't leveled and is half covered, but I'm still not seeing how it's possible, even with a champed one

You basically have to have Reed's Blue really covered and focus on stunning him and then focus on denying black. The black will allow you to use Imagninuat which will stay on the board as long as you keep making Y, R or G matches.

Spoit

You basically have to have Reed's Blue really covered and focus on stunning him and then focus on denying black. The black will allow you to use Imagninuat which will stay on the board as long as you keep making Y, R or G matches.

I mean, that might help a bit, but like I said, I'm being killed before I get a single skill off

zulux21

my fantastic is 2/3/5
my plan was to only deny black and blue and just let him have purple since they undercovered his purple.

getting out black as early as possible is important, but since you are likely going to take a purple attack pretty early on if you ignore them getting blue so you can get some protect out is also good.

I mean a little luck was needed as well, by the time this one shows up again ideally mr fantastic will actually be fantastic and not craptastic so worst case you can just ignore it this time around.

I mean, that might help a bit, but like I said, I'm being killed before I get a single skill off

not really sure how you are doing that, reed's skills aren't that expensive. you should at least be getting a skill off as as long as he gets purple off in the first 5 turns it shouldn't kill you o.o;

Triz

My Medusa is at 8 covers already. Spread out pretty evenly as well. Funny how some characters just keep coming at you but never the ones you want.

Today was Day 1090 for me, so I got a purple Goblin cover (1/4/1). In the coming days I'll get a red Devil Dino cover (will be 3/5/5) and a yellow OML (will be 2/3/0), along with a bunch of iso, HP and CP. Not a bad time.

Triz

o_O
but medusa is a badass.
why wouldn't you want her.
Should clarify: when I have 6 4 stars characters leveled and waiting on more covers I'd rather pull those. Was a pain sitting on Teen Jean for 4 months hoping to pull the blue so I could finish her.

Not all of us take the keep 4 stars low levels approach :)

Spoit

Should clarify: when I have 6 4 stars characters leveled and waiting on more covers I'd rather pull those. Was a pain sitting on Teen Jean for 4 months hoping to pull the blue so I could finish her.

Not all of us take the keep 4 stars low levels approach :)

That's why you should just wait to spend the ISO until you have the covers :p

zulux21

*in 18 taco pulls gets the nova cover and 1750 hp*

*is still a little sad because a single thanos cover was what was wanted over 40 tokens lol*

oh well there are still 10 more pulls in the next few days ideally I can get the cover i need in those.

it's a shame it was a yellow nova cover since it doesn't do much in a 1 on 1 situation.

Spoit

I'm debating if this is what I want to spend my 300 tacos on. I don't have a nova black yet, and that would let me champion thanos, buuuuuut I dunno

zulux21

another update another

DO NOT UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AVOID AVOID AVOID ESPECIALLY IOS USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oqaBy0p.png

amusingly it sounds like steam users are the only ones that are safe to update :p

in other thoughts it's nice to see how much iso it is to the max level again but now the actual level thing looks dumb

MiTYH

another update another

DO NOT UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AVOID AVOID AVOID ESPECIALLY IOS USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crap. I just updated since I'm used to it, but totally forgot to avoid this game. And I'm locked out now, thank god I at least did DDQ earlier...

Spoit

But seriously guys, what's up with all these 1 cover 5* TUs. If you must send dr strange, your 3* one would probably be infinitely more useful. Much less whatever the hell I'm supposed to do with a 10+ AP power that only does 2k damage

But seriously guys, what's up with all these 1 cover 5* TUs. If you must send dr strange, your 3* one would probably be infinitely more useful. Much less whatever the hell I'm supposed to do with a 10+ AP power that only does 2k damage

If you want a specific team up, request it. If you don't, this is what's going to happen. I try to send you only 3 and 4 stars, but even I forget who is who sometimes.

zulux21

If you want a specific team up, request it. If you don't, this is what's going to happen. I try to send you only 3 and 4 stars, but even I forget who is who sometimes.

zulux21 merely plays for fun most of the time and thus doesn't care if you send 5 stars for the exp.

Spoit

Nah, yours are actually helpful. It's rorchach who's sending crap like Blackbolt yellow.

(And last time I asked, people yelled at me)

Triz

I send 5* out, but the ones I send are not less than 3 covers. I do think its silly to bitch about what is being sent. Dont like what you are getting don't ask for them, I know I have only hit the button requesting them 1 or 2 times.

Dalek

Whoa looks like some people are reporting that some folks already have a Phil Coulson cover??

Hidden:
Call the Cavalry 12 :yellow: AP
Create 1 Green 1-turn SHIELD Commander Countdown tile that creates 1 Strike tile of strenght 65. (PASSIVE) Whenever a friendly Countdown reaches 0, gain 1 random AP.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Creates 1 SHIELD Sniper Countdown tile that deals 565 damage.
Level 3: Creates 1 SHILED Spy Countdown tile that deals 278 damage to the enemy team.
Level 4: Gain 2 random AP when a friendly Countdown reaches 0.
Level 5: Creates 2 SHIELD COmmander Countdown tiles.

Best Laid Plans - 8 :purple: AP
Choose 2 Red or Green basic tiles to become Charged tiles. Swap them. (PASSIVE) When you make a match while you have 6 or more Team-Up AP< spend 2 Team-Up AP to reduce 1 random friendly Countdown timer by 1.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Also can choose any Black or Blue basic tiles.
Level 3: Choose any basic tile.
Level 4: Reduces friendly Countdown timer by 2.
Level 5: Deal an additional 889 damage to the target.

Super Secret Tech - 11 :blue: AP
Steal 2 random AP for each friendly Countdown tile (up to a maximum of 5 tiles.) (PASSIVE) Whenever an ally activates a power, create 1 random 2-turn Countdown tile that deals 232 damage.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Countdown deals 371 damage.
Level 3: Creat 1 random 1-turn Countdown tile.
Level 4: Steal 3 random AP per friendly Countdown tile (up to 5 tiles).
Level 5: Countdown deals 464 damage.

Top Bottom