• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Spoit

Bah no dice. Missed top 10 by 40 points. At least I got the alliance cover from mercing (I was totally the top person in that alliance!). Anyway, applied to be let back in.

zulux21

You guys are killing me here. Cap Marvel will be added to the tokens (at a minuscule chance) any day now)

yeah yeah but I would rather spend the CP and get a guranteed cover for her thanks to thanos speeding things up, then roll for a few chances of getting her and not get her from the PVE because it's to much of a grind.

my red hulk is lacking the green to make him really useful :/

Spoit

yeah yeah but I would rather spend the CP and get a guranteed cover for her thanks to thanos speeding things up, then roll for a few chances of getting her and not get her from the PVE because it's to much of a grind.

my red hulk is lacking the green to make him really useful :/

What? I was talking about the tokens. I have no idea what you're talking about.

zulux21

Oh I thought that was related to the X-23 pull you mentioned earlier. Is thanos really worth it?

they updated his 3 star black so it is in line with the 5 star version now.

given I don't have a good red hulk my heroic line up is lacking on any good way to murder quickly.

i want another marvel character but I don't want to spend forever grinding in a heroic event.

by spending 40cp on thanos his black went from 1.2k to 2.3k. (and like 800 damage to my team)

I am teaming him up with totally awesome hulk, and beast. beast will get a blue buff off before thanos goes off, and hulk's blue move will do nice damage and likely kill low level enemies.

thus most of the matches are over in 4 turns, which is a large step up from the 8-10 turns they are taking without thanos murdering.

I mean 2 star mags and storm work decently as well, but they are so squishy that they eat through health packs a lot faster.

on the higher level matches, cho's blue goes off to create green for beast to join the AOE damage party (and since cho's blue is a special tile the extra to beast's green goes off)

beyond that beast's healing is decent and offsets thanos's damage after the first time.

it's not ideal, but it's pretty much the best team I can throw out there in terms of speed with the roster I have.

obviously if you have a good red hulk that is the way to go.

like him + awesome hulk makes a good team for it.

Blank!

Faster than that Dr strange team people were talking about?

Strange isn't usable in this heroic.

Cage/Beast/2* Mags is my go-to team this heroic, as long as Mag's red is bugged you might as well take advantage of it. For 8 AP it's good damage and a huge amount of AP returned if you get decent board placement. I don't have a usable 4* though so meh... a 2/2/2 Elektra isn't worth much. Cage is my only champed 3* this event. The first reinforcement is Blade who isn't bad, but doesn't really mesh with anyone on this list.

I just sold a champed Ares too, he's also solid when boosted and the PvE changes that allow duplicate characters to be used means he's way more usable now too.

zulux21

Faster than that Dr strange team people were talking about?

as blank said strange isn't usable.

beyond that thanos has use still

strange = amazing against goon nodes.

he isn't that amazing against normal nodes though.

meanwhile thanos will melt low level non goon nodes or could be teamed up with strange to melt goon nodes even faster especially since after the first hit of damage from thanos your team will just get healed up by strange while the enemies die and the damage will all be off that heal life *shrugs*

Strange isn't usable in this heroic.

Cage/Beast/2* Mags is my go-to team this heroic, as long as Mag's red is bugged you might as well take advantage of it. For 8 AP it's good damage and a huge amount of AP returned if you get decent board placement. I don't have a usable 4* though so meh... a 2/2/2 Elektra isn't worth much. Cage is my only champed 3* this event. The first reinforcement is Blade who isn't bad, but doesn't really mesh with anyone on this list.

I just sold a champed Ares too, he's also solid when boosted and the PvE changes that allow duplicate characters to be used means he's way more usable now too.

I like cage, but without IF to fuel him he is so slow @_@

Blank!

I like cage, but without IF to fuel him he is so slow @_@

The defense tile will save you in medpacks and the slice/time I play at, clear speed isn't *that* important to hit top 10.

You have good cascade potential with beast/Mag not to mention Mag red is a good AP generator in the bugged state.

zulux21

The defense tile will save you in medpacks and the slice/time I play at, clear speed isn't *that* important to hit top 10.

You have good cascade potential with beast/Mag not to mention Mag red is a good AP generator in the bugged state.

eh health packs aren't a big deal for me.

and I always forget 2 star mag's red gives you AP lol.

Triz

Got the yellow Carol cover from PVE progression. Paired her with Beast since he's buffed. That instant countdown pop is a monster. Not to mention she fortifies the tiles that pop from it when it pops.

Spoit

Got the yellow Carol cover from PVE progression. Paired her with Beast since he's buffed. That instant countdown pop is a monster. Not to mention she fortifies the tiles that pop from it when it pops.

She was fun with blade, but lacking her black cover is killing me.

zulux21

From what they're saying on the boards, yes. Should be able to test this with Torch on the Featured node.

so she is even more crazy than I originally thought.

at level 270 and 5 yellow covers

"Level 5: Improves 3 tiles by 427."

that plus blade is just @_@

gonna be amazing for wave nodes.

I wonder how much her max champ level does.

Blank!

so she is even more crazy than I originally thought.

at level 270 and 5 yellow covers

"Level 5: Improves 3 tiles by 427."

that plus blade is just @_@

gonna be amazing for wave nodes.

I wonder how much her max champ level does.

You can also do this with Human Torch, even with it doing 0 damage (if you have no green mana).

I'm excited to try her with Sentry, that should be funny.

zulux21

You can also do this with Human Torch, even with it doing 0 damage (if you have no green mana).

I'm excited to try her with Sentry, that should be funny.

from what I hear it is quite funny.

oh hey sentry got a buff
eCzV1At.png

Triz

My Epic fail for today:

Sitting on 6300g and decided I would clear out the X-23 vault for 3600 just for ISO to finish Elektra off. Pull all the tokens and then realize that the X-23 cover is green, the one color I have for her that is already at 5 covers. Feels bad man.

Triz

I think the progression point total has been lowered in the heroic PVE this time. I've already hit max progression with a whole day to go and I didn't clear every node 6 times...

zulux21

I think the progression point total has been lowered in the heroic PVE this time. I've already hit max progression with a whole day to go and I didn't clear every node 6 times...

max progression should only take 4 clears of each node.

since this event has only 1 day events it works fine.

the last event was 2 day events and thus they have it set up for 4 clears of each node each day, or 8 clears of each node.

which results in lots of dumb :/

the last event was 2 day events and thus they have it set up for 4 clears of each node each day, or 8 clears of each node.

Last event wasn't 4 clears each day for max progression. I know this because I didn't come anywhere close to 8 clears (I actually didn't even average 6 per sub-event) and still got pretty far above it. I think for 2 day sub-events it is somewhere between 3 and 4 clears per day, taking into account that you can only do 5 full point clears, and on the lower side of that at that.

Triz

Edit I'm a dumbass and thought I had another slice left.

I pulled the thirteenth cover for ant man so looks like I have another target after I finish Elektra.

zulux21

Last event wasn't 4 clears each day for max progression. I know this because I didn't come anywhere close to 8 clears (I actually didn't even average 6 per sub-event) and still got pretty far above it. I think for 2 day sub-events it is somewhere between 3 and 4 clears per day, taking into account that you can only do 5 full point clears, and on the lower side of that at that.

i know they have been tweaking it, but I know it's also more than just 4 clears of each node for the multiday ones.

zulux21

So Sentry worth champing then?

even with his recent buff he still kind of sucks and is a shell of his former self :p

he gets moon knight covers eventually which aren't bad but aren't top tier either.

personally I champed every 3 star eventually, but I also don't really play PVP and thus am in no hurry to level up my 4 stars.

Spoit

I'm just trying to restrain myself from opening these tokens. I have enough saved that I'm almost certainly going to get a 5*

zulux21

*has the ap to kill gameroa and enough life to take 4 hits, just needs her to end her turn*

*sighs watching gameroa make a simple 3 match that cascades into 2 5 matches to kill star lord*

:/

very next match she has a yellow 4 match... ends up with

at least it isn't her colors but still @_@

I want a cascade like that.

heh I am making purple my top target and she still has more purple ap then me @_@

*two tries later*
I can do it... I just need this purple ap for slight of hand and that to go off before she gets like 3k damage on me and she has no ap of any color she needs...

*watches her cascade into 2 5 red matches and proceed to razers edge star lord to death over the next two turns*

OH COME ON~! @_@

zulux21

It took me 5 tries with boosts, but I did it and Star lord is only level 150. Pulled a Red X-23 for the trouble.

lets see I started with 28 +2 to all ap and I have 4 left.

thus I am 0-12 with my level 192 5/3/1 starlord.

i have gotten her down to 1k health a few times, but she either gets huge cascades for herself (I don't think I have gotten more then two cascades in a single move the entire time while she is constantly getting one cascade each move and often 4-6)

and if she isn't cascading for AP despite the fact I choose tiles far from each other that aren't easily matched she some how instantly cascades into multiple 4 matches that hit different corners of the board :/

it doesn't help at all that skullcracker doesn't trigger the reduced cost because it stuns you, and bad reputation doesn't because she puts out yellow strike tiles first, and despite star lord's power not saying he only makes yellow countdown timers, that seems to be the case.

Triz

lets see I started with 28 +2 to all ap and I have 4 left.

thus I am 0-12 with my level 192 5/3/1 starlord.

i have gotten her down to 1k health a few times, but she either gets huge cascades for herself (I don't think I have gotten more then two cascades in a single move the entire time while she is constantly getting one cascade each move and often 4-6)

and if she isn't cascading for AP despite the fact I choose tiles far from each other that aren't easily matched she some how instantly cascades into multiple 4 matches that hit different corners of the board :/

it doesn't help at all that skullcracker doesn't trigger the reduced cost because it stuns you, and bad reputation doesn't because she puts out yellow strike tiles first, and despite star lord's power not saying he only makes yellow countdown timers, that seems to be the case.

The Round I beat her I got lucky with some red cascades. She fired red and I got the timer down. I hit purple and then 3 reds thanks to the cost. I was down to 500 hp and managed to get enough red to finish her off on my last turn. It was luck for sure.

Top Bottom