• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Oh wow-in the Cyclops PVP, a championed Kingpin and championed Captain Falcon are a dream team....

Kingpin uses Purple to make Yellow. Cyclops turns that Yellow into Red, Sam uses that Red to do 15,000 damage minimum....
That's what my team will look like. Should do decently well.

Oh wow-in the Cyclops PVP, a championed Kingpin and championed Captain Falcon are a dream team....

Kingpin uses Purple to make Yellow. Cyclops turns that Yellow into Red, Sam uses that Red to do 15,000 damage minimum....

And now I'm debating champing Kingpin now, since while my FalCap isn't champed, he has 5 covers in Red (base 7K damage with an extra 1K for each protect tile).

Xion385

Is there an alternative to Juggernaut? I'm struggling to replace his shuffle. It's too good. I hope there's someone that's above one star that has an identical skill.

Dalek

Is there an alternative to Juggernaut? I'm struggling to replace his shuffle. It's too good. I hope there's someone that's above one star that has an identical skill.

Juggernaut is the one 1* character you should keep.

In regards to board shuffles-there are a few characters who do have it-most notably Loki who is a 3 star character.
2 Star Storm also has her green move which does a good bit of board shuffle.

There are many characters that can shake up the board. You will probably start getting Loki, Doc Ock, Magneto, Storm (modern and classic), Thor, etc before long. Are you in an alliance? If not, join a public one. Then you can give us your user name and alliance name and we can look at your roster to give advice.

Xion385

There are many characters that can shake up the board. You will probably start getting Loki, Doc Ock, Magneto, Storm (modern and classic), Thor, etc before long. Are you in an alliance? If not, join a public one. Then you can give us your user name and alliance name and we can look at your roster to give advice.

Fake Funhaus
jdcarlos38

I like Juggernaut because he has a generous amount of health compared to Classic Storm.

Fake Funhaus
jdcarlos38

I like Juggernaut because he has a generous amount of health compared to Classic Storm.

There are a couple of 1 star powers that are arguably the best in the game at what they do, and Juggernaut's board shuffle is one of them (1* Black Widow's stun is the other one).

Which reminds me that 1* Spidey's pink is underrated as a team-up, especially if you're in 5* land as crits can do pretty high damage up there even for a match 3.

Fake Funhaus
jdcarlos38

Actually I meant mohawk and modern storm.
The biggest boost for you will be to play as much as possible in the Strange event. If you can get a couple of strange yellow covers, that would really help you out. Sell the one star venom, hawkeye, and storm whenever you get another 2 or 3 star in your queue. Once you have the 2 star storm, hawkeye, and magneto covered you will start hitting way above your weight.

Dalek

Actually I meant mohawk and modern storm.
The biggest boost for you will be to play as much as possible in the Strange event. If you can get a couple of strange yellow covers, that would really help you out. Sell the one star venom, hawkeye, and storm whenever you get another 2 or 3 star in your queue. Once you have the 2 star storm, hawkeye, and magneto covered you will start hitting way above your weight.

solid advice here
MagStormEye is a great team-and Dr. Strange is a PVE monster.

Triz

Hey I actually beat the lvl 400 Mordo this time! (Didn't get it once last time hah!)

Cleared out the first vault that opened because it had the blue Dr. Strange color I was missing. Not to mention another Mordo.

Khaz

solid advice here
MagStormEye is a great team-and Dr. Strange is a PVE monster.

I wanted to say this.

I like how the three missions in this event can be chosen out of order, it makes it much easier to get a good rank on them.

Also I kept 6 covers from the previous Strange sights event, but they weren't merged with the current reward vault?

Dalek

Crap-my work schedule has been nuts and I'm on little sleep so I didn't have time to grind last PVE and didn't get a Mordo. Now that will affect my rankings and score for this PVE.

Triz

Crap-my work schedule has been nuts and I'm on little sleep so I didn't have time to grind last PVE and didn't get a Mordo. Now that will affect my rankings and score for this PVE.

Just spend the gold to buy out one of the vaults. He's in all of them.

zulux21

heh just went to do my deadpool for my daily points and couldn't help but laugh
evpQRRf.png

it's a nice touch to have hearts today :p

So my Devil Dino is at Lv 269. But it says I need 40k iso to get him to 270. The one-level-up button says 3961 iso, but if I press it, it pops up a message that I need more (presumably 40k).

Is this a bug or a joke?

Triz

So my Devil Dino is at Lv 269. But it says I need 40k iso to get him to 270. The one-level-up button says 3961 iso, but if I press it, it pops up a message that I need more (presumably 40k).

Is this a bug or a joke?

I think its a bug If i remember correctly.

Triz

4 covers for Mordo already and all colors...It helps I bought out the vaults but they should have this kind of access more often.

Xion385

Man, I'm only 15 and I can't get them godlike 3* Strange covers yet or at least a yellow one. :(
Hopefully I'm high enough next time.

Also, just wanted to say thank you for everyone on this OT being so helpful. I'm really enjoying the game the two weeks I've been playing this game so far. I'll see catch up enough soon. (Maybe in a couple months. lol)

And now that my Devil Dinosaur is championed, I got to pull 4 legendaries.

Got a Quake level, a cover for Blade (2/2/0), a cover for 5-star Widow (2/1/2) and the cover for Deadpool to put me over the top, so he's my next leveling target.

Triz

I am now back in all 3* champed land!

Joined the Valentines Deadpool tourney and for some reason it was 3 star team heaven. My champed 4* Deadpool ,Cyclops , and Invisible Woman team had no opposition. In 1 hour grinded to 700+ points. Never have I had an easier time in PVP. Got the CP I needed to get the last Strange cover and champed him and used the spare yellow I had in the legendary vault...Pulled a Riri shitheart.

MiTYH

The Doctor strange vault was kind to me with the tokens I got. Daredevil, squirrel girl, Iron Man for extra champ'd levels, and a legendary token (got me another 4-star punisher, making him 2/5/3).

Tomorrow is Miles for the clash, right? He's only got 1 purple right now, now way I'll be competing in that

zulux21

The Doctor strange vault was kind to me with the tokens I got. Daredevil, squirrel girl, Iron Man for extra champ'd levels, and a legendary token (got me another 4-star punisher, making him 2/5/3).

Tomorrow is Miles for the clash, right? He's only got 1 purple right now, now way I'll be competing in that

well you technically could if you are lucky.
the purple is inviso, and star lord doesn't have an AOE meaning that if you go inviso fast enough and stay inviso would could do it >.>

Xion385

If you can max one, go for it. The difference won't be so dramatic as to screw you over, and truthfully, you should be able to max another one within the next couple weeks.

Cool. I'm still looking into that "champion" characters for 2*. I'm still little confused with the concept, but i'll get there.

PS: I totally should listen to you, guys. I did the 100 points here and there for 2* and up cards for daily deals and reached the point where I need to make space for characters. :(

I'll listen next time. I learned my lesson.

PS: I totally should listen to you, guys. I did the 100 points here and there for 2* and up cards for daily deals and reached the point where I need to make space for characters. :(

I'll listen next time. I learned my lesson.

Don't feel bad, at least now you know!

I only stopped regularly buying the 100 HP pulls about a month ago and I'm on day 1195. I can't believe how much more HP I have by just not buying the pulls "here and there". Huge difference.

Triz

Miles and his Invisibility pulled off the fight. No boosts and at level 172. Snagged a red Hulk Champ level with the Token.

MiTYH

well you technically could if you are lucky.
the purple is inviso, and star lord doesn't have an AOE meaning that if you go inviso fast enough and stay inviso would could do it >.>

True to your word, My level 70 beat it! Just gotta have faith
in the heart of the cards

Spoit

So while I theoretically could use that Cage cover....I'm not really sure the gauntlet is worth it. Especially with how annoying the buff list is.

Also, might be skipping pvp for a week, given all those peggies, and the only legacy 4* being buffed being Nick fury

zulux21

So while I theoretically could use that Cage cover....I'm not really sure the gauntlet is worth it. Especially with how annoying the buff list is.

Also, might be skipping pvp for a week, given all those peggies, and the only legacy 4* being buffed being Nick fury

yeah... I don't think I am gonna bother with pvp either... especially when looking at
lol.

maybe I will try to get to 650 for an extra token in the bonus pvp vault.

im surprised your peggy is only 1/2/3 given that you go for things a lot more than I do and mine is 4/2/5

yeah... I don't think I am gonna bother with pvp either... especially when looking at

lol.

maybe I will try to get to 650 for an extra token in the bonus pvp vault.

im surprised your peggy is only 1/2/3 given that you go for things a lot more than I do and mine is 4/2/5

I think you and I both just got lucky with Peggy (I'm 5/3/4 and I've had to throw away 2 reds and have one more waiting).

And PvP Matchmaking should be at least a little fun for me as I just champed XForce Deadpool.

Triz

Did the grind to 900 points in the V-Day PVP. I never go that hard in. Got the Red Hulk cover for another champ level, but the points were not accurate at all that high. Go for 15 points given 3, go for 17 get 10. Was frustrating, but the last few fights gave me 2 Bagman Covers who I haven't had rostered in forever. Should I actually recruit him for the lulz? I know he gives a legendary token if you ever manage to max him out.

Spoit

Is the MMR for this pvp tourney weird for anyone else? I'm at almost 500 and still getting mostly 3*, even some 2* teams

Triz

Is the MMR for this pvp tourney weird for anyone else? I'm at almost 500 and still getting mostly 3*, even some 2* teams

I mentioned it earlier, Even up to 900 points I had 3 star teams. 5 star teams were picking me off religiously, but I didn't have to fight any.

Edit* checked the forums Brigby said this today:

Hey Everyone. I talked to the developers and it turns out that this Matchmaking disparity might be due to the selection of either Deadpool.

Unfortunately they're not able to fix this in the current run, but they'll be sure to investigate it and figure out the exact issue prior to running again this event or another event that has multiple options for loaner characters.

Triz

awe fix it :(
but i like how it is lol.

Its not as good as it sounds. From 775-900 it was easy fights for 3-10 points each. Took fucking forever especially with 5 star teams hitting me for 40 points a loss. Id rather be playing against people my level getting 20-40 points per match.

Spoit

Eh, while being able to beat tiny kitty teams is fun and all, it's causing a complete point desert. I'm at 600 and can't find a single node worth more than the low 30s

zulux21

Its not as good as it sounds. From 775-900 it was easy fights for 3-10 points each. Took fucking forever especially with 5 star teams hitting me for 40 points a loss. Id rather be playing against people my level getting 20-40 points per match.

yeah but I rarely go above 550 points (is that where the first chunk of cp is to lazy to look) so for me it was great lol.

Eh, while being able to beat tiny kitty teams is fun and all, it's causing a complete point desert. I'm at 600 and can't find a single node worth more than the low 30s

even when it is working right by 600 I care rarely ever find a team worth more than the low 30s o.o;

Dalek

Damn...X-Force Deadpool and Quake make for a great team. Why didn't I think of this before? Use Deadpool's purple to make tiles and then use Quake's Blue to set them off.

Brilliant!

Top Bottom