• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Triz

Pulled the legendary and Mordo from the Strange Sights vault with the alliance tokens today. My Mordo is already 2/2/2.

Triz

Well I finished the 2nd leg of the Gauntlet. Last node was 5* Black Panther, Thanos and IM40.

With my Scaling they were level 295. I don't know if I will continue further. Scaling and Rewards don't justify the health pack usage.

Well I finished the 2nd leg of the Gauntlet. Last node was 5* Black Panther, Thanos and IM40.

With my Scaling they were level 295. I don't know if I will continue further. Scaling and Rewards don't justify the health pack usage.

There are 7 days to clear it. When I get stuck, I just wait for my health packs to regenerate before I try it again.

Xion385

I hate and done with this event. I'm in the second leg stuck with Jessica Drew, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage. I've tried this stage five times. Luke was down to 139 and still took out three full health characters by himself. My team was 139 Wolverine, 83 Thor, and Juggernaut. I need to walk away before I rage quit the game. lol

I guess I'll do PVP and DDQ for now until the event ends.

PS: When should I use CP points? I'm at 19 CP and my highest is a 83 2* Thor. Advice?

I hate and done with this event. I'm in the second leg stuck with Jessica Drew, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage. I've tried this stage five times. Luke was down to 139 and still took out three full health characters by himself. My team was 139 Wolverine, 83 Thor, and Juggernaut. I need to walk away before I rage quit the game. lol

I guess I'll do PVP and DDQ for now until the event ends.

PS: When should I use CP points? I'm at 19 CP and my highest is a 83 2* Thor. Advice?

As far as when to use your CP, not now. Not anytime soon, if I'm being totally honest. Not until you start champing 3*.

And as far as that node, how's your Moonstone? If you have enough black covers, you can flip both IF and LC tiles to your side.

Edit: The trick to the Gauntlet is that it's basically a test of your roster. Generally speaking, the further you get, the less you are able to brute force and you have to have specific types of characters to be able to beat it without sheer luck being the determining factor. At your level, you honestly were never going to be able to get to the end of it. But the next time it comes up, your roster will have expanded and you'll find yourself doing a lot better. I didn't fully clear it for the first time until I'd been playing the game for almost a year.

I've got 3 fights left in the final gauntlet. I'm just taking a break because no health packs. I'm walking through it with Quake (champ), Ghost Rider (champ) and 4-star Deadpool (Lv 221 currently, I'm power-leveling him).

Quake makes any team damage taken reduced to 0 and then 11 green AP does 9700 damage to the enemy team (Earthquake). She can also remove a bunch of tiles of any one colour, which helps against guys like Ant-Man, or just clear yellow (not needed for that team).

Ghost Rider can use Penance Stare (200% damage back to a single target) and take out an enemy real easy for just 12 black. His 30k health helps keep him in the fight.

Deadpool carves out 4000ish damage to the enemy if anyone takes like 1500 damage on my team, so that can soften up some higher-health enemies. His red also does about that amount (and true heals him), which can line up an extra guy to be taken out with Quake's Earthquake.

This team rocks.

And to add to the discussion above, I've never done this well in the gauntlet before. I can usually fight my way to the final leg, but not make too much progress. I'll be able to finish it later tonight, most likely.

Xion385

As far as when to use your CP, not now. Not anytime soon, if I'm being totally honest. Not until you start champing 3*.

And as far as that node, how's your Moonstone? If you have enough black covers, you can flip both IF and LC tiles to your side.

Edit: The trick to the Gauntlet is that it's basically a test of your roster. Generally speaking, the further you get, the less you are able to brute force and you have to have specific types of characters to be able to beat it without sheer luck being the determining factor. At your level, you honestly were never going to be able to get to the end of it. But the next time it comes up, your roster will have expanded and you'll find yourself doing a lot better. I didn't fully clear it for the first time until I'd been playing the game for almost a year.

Thanks for the advice. My Moonstone isn't that great. I don't have black covers for her.

I did end up finally beating the stage, but ran into 5* BP, IM40, and Thanos at the end gauntlet 2 leg. I'll give them a few tries. BP is such a pain.

Edit: Finally beat it. On to leg 3.

Spoit

Yay for another 5 star-this time Silver Surfer. But still waiting to get enough covers to make on usuable.

I'm not 100% convinced he's ever super usable. His only great power is his red, and even then, it's more like a 4* red than a game changer

I'm not 100% convinced he's ever super usable. His only great power is his red, and even then, it's more like a 4* red than a game changer

Find a team that's powered by charged tiles and he works well (for example, something with Black Bolt). Other than that, I consider him as probably the second best meat shield at the 5 star level, since his health regen is active and not passive.

Spoit

I mean, BB is entirely capable of generating the charged tiles on his own. Probably before you get the 3 red matches or 4 blue ones for SS anyway

zulux21

It looks like they're going to add a couple extra nodes, but apparently they want to roll out some quality-of-life changes beforehand and the new background just went up early.

idk... the only node that seems to be missing is the one that shows up every 5 days.

I would love to believe that the clash would become more daily since there are so many 4 stars now, but I still won't expect it and will just be happy if it happens.

idk... the only node that seems to be missing is the one that shows up every 5 days.

I would love to believe that the clash would become more daily since there are so many 4 stars now, but I still won't expect it and will just be happy if it happens.

There's two arrows there right now that don't point to anything. One of them could be pointing to where the Clash node usually is, but there's another one that doesn't point to where anything else has been (the Hard one is around where CoT would be, but what does the "Xtreme!" one point to?).

Spoit

There's two arrows there right now that don't point to anything. One of them could be pointing to where the Clash node usually is, but there's another one that doesn't point to where anything else has been (the Hard one is around where CoT would be, but what does the "Xtreme!" one point to?).

I dunno, it might just be mis-aligned. The 1* node is like not at the top or bottom, but rather on the middle of one of the arrows

zulux21

eh... we will see. the whole map looks silly right now, and it is likely a tease to changes, but who knows when.

also a bunch of characters got nerfs.

nMA5jgW.png
aka all of those moves that used to be able to target team up tiles no longer can.

also in regards to deadpool
Bah. And here I wanted to get an official post going before it was teased in-game. Welp. Guess you guys beat me to it by a few minutes! :lol:

Edit: So it turns out that there are a couple of quality-of-life tweaks that the team wants to make before officially releasing it, and in doing so the artwork will not be finalized just yet. Due to this, I'm sorry but I'm afraid I need to redact some of the posted images. I'll make an official post when we get back into office on Tuesday. Thanks for understanding.

I dunno, it might just be mis-aligned. The 1* node is like not at the top or bottom, but rather on the middle of one of the arrows

I could see that, but then the next thing I realized is that the stars don't match up with the nodes as the currently are. And I don't just mean physical placement. There's two groupings of two stars, two groupings of three stars, and two groupings of four stars (the hard and extreme arrows). And I don't see them going through the trouble of changing the background just to change around the placement of the nodes on the screen and not make any other changes. I wouldn't be shocked if they did away with the 1* node altogether, and moved that ISO into one of the two star nodes but made it easier to beat (i.e. the wave node giving out 700 ISO instead of 200). Required Character and Enchilada could easily be the 3 star nodes, and there's a new four star node that basically takes Enchilada's top spot (but doesn't replace CoT).

zulux21

I could see that, but then the next thing I realized is that the stars don't match up with the nodes as the currently are. And I don't just mean physical placement. There's two groupings of two stars, two groupings of three stars, and two groupings of four stars (the hard and extreme arrows). And I don't see them going through the trouble of changing the background just to change around the placement of the nodes on the screen and not make any other changes. I wouldn't be shocked if they did away with the 1* node altogether, and moved that ISO into one of the two star nodes but made it easier to beat (i.e. the wave node giving out 700 ISO instead of 200). Required Character and Enchilada could easily be the 3 star nodes, and there's a new four star node that basically takes Enchilada's top spot (but doesn't replace CoT).

it's actually just a long play.
they put it up now with promises to say what is going on next tuesday.
on tuesday they say that improvements are coming but it will take some final testing.
late march they say the testing it done and it is going to come soon.
on april 1st it goes live and overall it gives 50k iso and 2 legendary tokens plus 40 tacos for 8 nodes.
and then it ends with... APRIL FOOLS and they discontinue ddq all together :p

it's actually just a long play.
they put it up now with promises to say what is going on next tuesday.
on tuesday they say that improvements are coming but it will take some final testing.
late march they say the testing it done and it is going to come soon.
on april 1st it goes live and overall it gives 50k iso and 2 legendary tokens plus 40 tacos for 8 nodes.
and then it ends with... APRIL FOOLS and they discontinue ddq all together :p

I wouldn't be able to do anything but applaud their trolling capabilities at that point.

Dalek

For the first time in 3 years I finished the Gauntlet. XPool, Quake and Ghost Rider make a hell of a team.

With the Luke reward he's only one cover away from being fully covered for me.

I'm going to Champion Ghost Rider in 5 days, then focus on getting Punisher, Nova, Drax, Luke Cage and Venom all "parked" at 200 as they're all each missing one cover for me.

Then once they get their last cover I'll bump that one to 250. Then once another cover comes in-I'll have time to Champion it. It's all working out nicely to quote our Orange in Chief.

I've got a Champed Deadpool and Ghost Rider, and I'm subbing between boosted Quake and boosted Peggy for my 3rd (Peggy when there's a low cost power I want to stop from hurting me, Quake otherwise). I'll probably finish by Monday which is pretty good considering I didn't start until Saturday.

Spoit

All these peggy teams are so maddening. I dunno if I even want to try for 900, since both xpool and fury have terrible ttk by themselves

Dalek

All these peggy teams are so maddening. I dunno if I even want to try for 900, since both xpool and fury have terrible ttk by themselves

Peggy has to be the cheapest character in the game. She's so frustrating to play against.

Edit: I was able to skip the majority of Peggy fights and hit 900 for a Mordo. Also got enough to pull a LT today which gave me a 5* cap! Two days in a row with a 5 star pull.

Spoit

Peggy has to be the cheapest character in the game. She's so frustrating to play against.

Edit: I was able to skip the majority of Peggy fights and hit 900 for a Mordo. Also got enough to pull a LT today which gave me a 5* cap! Two days in a row with a 5 star pull.

What team'd you use?

Dalek

What team'd you use?

I used Deadpool and Nick Fury-both championed. Mordo of course was just whatever. Focused on getting red for Deadpool and blue for Nick. When I had enough yellow I'd fire Nicks power if it was "fully powered" and then when I had purple I'd make a decision on if I could realistically make matches with Deadpool, otherwise just save it for Nick.

Deadpool could keep healing so I would use my health packs on Nick.

Triz

Im 5 fights from competition of my first Gauntlet...I can taste victory soon.

Edit* Gauntlet complete. 4* cage is now 3/2/2

Dalek

Holy cow. I just came across the most annoying team ever in the simulator-tried it out for myself and it's glorious!

Invisible Woman+Mister Fantastic+3* Blade

All championed for me. This team is bonkers. Blade automatically makes red strike tiles every turn. If the enemy matches any of those, Mister Fantastic heals the team-PLUS earns 3 green Ap. Plus Mr. F has his blue swap move which makes 2 protect tiles and his Imaginaut move all which lay down tiles. Invisible Woman has her powerful green move which decimates the enemy with AOE and she too puts down strike tiles. You're constantly being healed and just getting AP galore-plus half the time you're invisible and can't be hit.

I flew trough the simulator to a high enough rank with this team to get my season 10 pack which was all 2 stars with a line Drax cover-which fully covers him for me. After Ghost Rider, he's next for me to Champion.

zulux21

I wonder if my 3/5/1 totally awesome hulk can beat a level 270 beast if I level him to 192.

eh... I don't have anything better to do with my iso anyways so I might as well... though I might just go to 150 first.

Dalek

I wonder if my 3/5/1 totally awesome hulk can beat a level 270 beast if I level him to 192.

eh... I don't have anything better to do with my iso anyways so I might as well... though I might just go to 150 first.

Chulk is a worthwhile investment after his buff. He's a great green battery and can do a lot of damage with his own green move as well.

zulux21

Chulk is a worthwhile investment after his buff. He's a great green battery and can do a lot of damage with his own green move as well.

the iso investment doesn't really matter much to me, it's mostly a question of if it is worth the effort of clicking the level up button a lot to try and beat beast.

i mean I have about 200k usable iso if I want,
assuming that there are no changes to clash (which seems like there will be but still)
deadpool is next after chulk and I can only put 10k more iso into him
after that is elektra and and I could put a bunch more into her, but I already know she can win at level 135 (I will likely bump her to 150 though as that seems like where it's pretty cheap to level up 4 stars to but becomes much more expensive after)
after that is kingpin whom I can't level anymore
and then wolverine whom doesn't need more levels.

thus I so really doesn't matter... so I guess I will likely level him to 192 anyways *shrugs*
and if they increase how often the clashes happen and iso becomes more of an issue for leveling up characters for the clash... well... at the very least I won't have to wait as long for the next character after that lol.

either way I won't do anything until the day of because things can always change, and that day is when we will likely learn about the new DDQ stuff anyways,

So I somehow beat all the nodes in the Gauntlet and didn't hit max progression in Global Domination. Submitted a ticket, and it's not like I need that Luke cover today or anything, but it's still weird.

Also, this is my first time completely beating Gauntlet without having to use Whales.

Dalek

PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: AGENT COULSON

Want to work for the world's premiere spy agency, save the world on a weekly basis, and look great doing it? Sorry, but there's only room for one Phil Coulson in ”Marvel Puzzle Quest," but good news—we can all play his wingman.

We talked to D3 Go! Publisher Josh Austin about Agent Coulson's abilities and everything he brings to the game.

Marvel.com: What's so cool about Coulson?

Josh Austin: Agent Coulson may be a human with a robotic hand, but he definitely fits in and can hold his own in a world of super heroes. Phil definitely adds a lot to ”Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." with how he calmly leads his team, even in the [direst] situations, dishing out a healthy amount of sarcasm and giving fans an average joe role model that everyone can relate to.

Marvel.com: I think we can all agree that Phil's a swell guy and a great agent, but what makes him ”Puzzle Quest" material?

Josh Austin: We took a strategic approach with his design. He is a four-star character and his abilities are mostly surveying the battlefield and calling in the right type of backup while helping his team shine with advanced tech to gain more AP and utilize Countdown Tiles. This makes him a great fit for ”Marvel Puzzle Quest" as a utility character who can help strengthen a team of heroes that do not share the same colors.

Marvel.com: Let's talk about this abilities: what's Coulson got going on?

Josh Austin: Agent Coulson's first ability is called Call the Cavalry and costs 12 Yellow AP. With this ability Coulson surveys the situation and makes calls for backup. What this means for the player is at a low level he creates a one-turn Commander Countdown Tile that creates one Strength Tile. For higher levels he starts calling in more Countdown Tiles like a Sniper Tile that deals damage, a Spy Tile that deals damage to all enemies and at level five he creates two Commander Countdown Tiles. But wait, that's not all! This ability has a Passive that gives the player one AP when any friendly Countdown Tile reaches zero and two AP for the same reason at level four.

Phil's second power is Best-Laid Plans for eight Purple AP. This ability is designed around Agent Coulson's ability to stay calm even when surrounded and things look horrible. The player gets to choose two red and/or green Basic Tiles to become Charged Tiles and then swap them. Increasing this power will give the player more Basic Tile colors to choose from and reducing the Countdown timer by two for any friendly Countdown Tiles. This ability also has a Passive that triggers if you make a match while you have six or more team-up AP. It spends two team-up AP to reduce a random friendly Countdown timer by one.

His last power is Super Secret S.H.I.E.L.D. Tech for 11 Blue AP. Based on another Agent Coulson characteristic, Coulson unleashes an advanced piece of tech, raising an eyebrow in mild surprise at its effectiveness. This ability steals random AP for each friendly Countdown Tile on the board. This power has a Passive as well that triggers whenever an ally player activates a power, which creates a two-turn Countdown Tile that deals damage. Increasing this ability's level will give this ability more damage, reduce the two-turn Countdown for the passive to one-turn, and add more AP per friendly Countdown Tile.

Marvel.com: Coulson has a lot of interesting things going on in his kit. It seems like he's really focused on AP manipulation and playing with countdown timers. And he could give Kingpin a run for his money calling in backup!

Josh Austin: Definitely, there is a lot of Countdown Tile manipulation and all of his powers feed into each other in a fun interesting way.

Marvel.com: Who does he fight best alongside? Thor (Goddess of Thunder) seems an easy comrade, making use of Coulson's charged to power her Smite. Who else fits into Coulson's crew?

Josh Austin: Good suggestion! Agent Coulson is a good character to team up with anyone that doesn't have color overlap. Some characters that our side has found fun to play with are Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) with his Hellfire Power to crate the Countdown Tile that refreshes every 2 turns which in turn will trigger Call the Cavalry every 2 turns.

Also War Machine (James Rhodes)'s Gatling Gun which creates Countdown Tiles that deal damage and destroy tiles around them. Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)'s Goblin Glider creates a Countdown Tile and Trick or Treat creates three Countdown timers while passively fortifying Countdown Tiles so they survive.

Marvel.com: Anything else we need to know about the hard-hitting S.H.I.E.L.D. agent?

Josh Austin: Agent Coulson will be debuting in Venom Heroic starting on Thursday, February 23. He will also be in the Vault for Deadpool Vs. MPQ, which starts on February 26 and there will be a Versus Tournament called Right Hand Man which will be happening on March 2.

Right Hand Man....heh.

zulux21

so beast is easy as long as you take care of his blue (and if you have hulk's green you can just punch the tile when it is made as if beast doesn't have a blue special tile his other moves are pretty mundane)

anyways got a yellow cyclops for my troubles aka 1k iso.

also got 25cp for daily resupply which gave me enough for 2 pulls.
got black agent venom
and green carnage

Dalek

Helpdesk updated with the new DDQ details:

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a...s-daily-quest-updates-february-22nd-2017&l=en

In short, Crash of the Titans is now open for the entire cycle (but you can only beat it once). Big Enchilada is changed from a 4 wave, 12 enemy node to a one wave 6 enemy node. A new node that basically works like Combined Arms (one 2*, one 3*, one 4*, but they choose the characters) that gives 2 CP every day.

So basically just 2 extra CP a day. I won't turn it down-but I was expecting something more....

:(

EDIT: this is interesting-"Completing the Crash of the Titans mission will give you all the progression awards for that day."

So basically just 2 extra CP a day. I won't turn it down-but I was expecting something more....

:(

EDIT: this is interesting-"Completing the Crash of the Titans mission will give you all the progression awards for that day."
There is also another taco token.

Crash works like that already except it is 1 point short.

There is also another taco token.

Crash works like that already except it is 1 point short.

If I'm reading this correctly, it looks like the extra taco token is a progression reward for beating the Burrito node in addition to everything else, while the 2CP is the reward for beating that node specifically. Which should mean that beating CotT that day will also give the third Taco.

Spoit

Yay, time to open tokens.

I...uh, probably used up all my luck for the rest of the year.

15 LT on latest legends, got a red BP, 2 thanoses, and one of each Dr strange cover

And 5 5*s from my 540 CP worth of classics, JG, SS and cap reds, a BB green and a blue spidey.

Unfortunately, one got 1 cover in the 4*s I was hoping for, not enough to make them useful. And I guess my next champs are chulk and thing, to not waste this covers

Top Bottom