• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

I dunno, we'll see what the final numbers land at, but if you compare it to the unleveled numbers from kate bishop or CM...it's not super impressive

fair enough it all depends on how the covers effect things. it's always hard to guess as sometimes those later covers make a huge difference and sometimes it's only a small difference.

zulux21

so these lightning rounds are easy enough to manipulate.

jump in right away... get 3 bot teams.

don't hit them until there is like 8 minutes to go.

kill 3 bot teams and one normal team... get first.

or in my last one if I had done the 3 bot teams a little earlier I would have been in first.

i mean it can require some luck as well but since you don't get entered in the bracket until the time you actually attack the enemy first it's best to just do a last minute rush.

Triz

so these lightning rounds are easy enough to manipulate.

jump in right away... get 3 bot teams.

don't hit them until there is like 8 minutes to go.

kill 3 bot teams and one normal team... get first.

or in my last one if I had done the 3 bot teams a little earlier I would have been in first.

i mean it can require some luck as well but since you don't get entered in the bracket until the time you actually attack the enemy first it's best to just do a last minute rush.

My bot teams were all 5 star stacked teams /shrug

I didn't realize that I missed a whole slice of the PVE must have started during the Civil War event and I didn't realize it. Took a bit of extra grinding but I still managed the 15 CP final progression.

Xion385

Cruising along the prologue with Rulk, Juggernaut, and Iron Man. I got this. I'm the business. Only one more story mission.

***Sees 140 Ragnarok***

4d9.gif

Xion385

go play some PVE and come back to it later :p

I don't think you can do it given how much rags is gonna heal lol.

I'm like five missions cleared away from completing the prologue 100%. I'm 47/75 on the last prologue chapter. Is post prologue just doing PVP and DDQ? I can't do the Story Mode stuff quite just yet. Everyone is level 100 and my highest is a level 70 Rulk.

Anyone got tips for post-prologue play?

I'm like five missions cleared away from completing the prologue 100%. I'm 47/75 on the last prologue chapter. Is post prologue just doing PVP and DDQ? I can't do the Story Mode stuff quite just yet. Everyone is level 100 and my highest is a level 70 Rulk.

Anyone got tips for post-prologue play?

Post-prologue, the best thing to do to build your roster is play Story Mode. Have you done multiple clears on all the other prologue chapters? It'll give you more ISO and I think a few more covers. Also, you are leveling your characters, right? Because the roster you're linking doesn't show that.

Xion385

Post-prologue, the best thing to do to build your roster is play Story Mode. Have you done multiple clears on all the other prologue chapters? It'll give you more ISO and I think a few more covers. Also, you are leveling your characters, right? Because the roster you're linking doesn't show that.

Yeah. The "Dark Avengers" chapter of the prologue is the only one left to do. I did all the others with all the rewards claimed. Dark Avenger chapter is 47/75 rewards claimed.

As for my characters the highest levels are as followed:

Level 70 Red Hulk (0/0/1)
Level 50 IM35 (5/3/5)
Level 40 Juggernaut (5/5)

Following are level 40, but with only one book

Black Widow Grey Suit
Iron Fist
Deadpool
Vision
Squirrel Girl

My 2* are mostly the ones you get from the prologue except:

Level 22 Ares (2/0/0)
Level 15 Human Torch (0/2/0)
Level 15 Magneto (0/0/2)

Yeah. The "Dark Avengers" chapter of the prologue is the only one left to do. I did all the others with all the rewards claimed. Dark Avenger chapter is 47/75 rewards claimed.

As for my characters the highest levels are as followed:

Level 70 Red Hulk (0/0/1)
Level 50 IM35 (5/3/5)
Level 40 Juggernaut (5/5)

Following are level 40, but with only one book

Black Widow Grey Suit
Iron Fist
Deadpool
Vision
Squirrel Girl

My 2* are mostly the ones you get from the prologue except:

Level 22 Ares (2/0/0)
Level 15 Human Torch (0/2/0)
Level 15 Magneto (0/0/2)

Okay, the very first level of story mode features loaner characters (the game gives you fully leveled versions of a few characters [the ones featured for that story event] to play with). That's why they're level 100. You should be able to beat them, and after that, everything will scale to the level of your roster, I think. It's been so long that I don't remember if the rest of the main screen does that, the sub-events do, though.

Xion385

Okay, the very first level of story mode features loaner characters (the game gives you fully leveled versions of a few characters [the ones featured for that story event] to play with). That's why they're level 100. You should be able to beat them, and after that, everything will scale to the level of your roster, I think. It's been so long that I don't remember if the rest of the main screen does that, the sub-events do, though.

Oh my..... THANKS A MILLION! I just saw the 100's across the board and immediately noped out. Thanks for the hot tip!

Spoit

back in the day, we did that node against a rags that did a what, 1k damage 2 AP move, practically every turn and we, well...I'm not sure if like is the right word. /uphillbothwaysinthesnow

back in the day, we did that node against a rags that did a what, 1k damage 2 AP move, practically every turn and we, well...I'm not sure if like is the right word. /uphillbothwaysinthesnow

For as much as roster building feels like an uphill climb because I'm starting years behind, sometimes I'm really glad I wasn't around back then.

zulux21

so the mordo finalish numbers are avalible

black 7 ap
deal 4k damage then create 3 black charge tiles
if there are 3 or more black charge tiles deal 1k damage to the enemy team for each charge tile then destroy them.

aka 7k to one target and 3k to the others for 7ap isn't bad. the description doesn't say you don't get AP for them, but I figure it's safe to assume otherwise he can just rapidly shoot it off as long as there is black on the board o_O

10 blue for 6k damage and converting 3 of the enemies strongest color into black charge tiles.

and 9 purple to steal 3 blue/purple/black and stun for 1 turn.

we will have to see how quick he actually plays, but he doesn't seem horrible. should play fairly well with a character like IF.

Dalek

You know, as a quality of life update, I think they should up the ISO given in the DDQ. 200 and a taco token in that second round isn't all that great.

Triz

Heroic Token gave me the 13th cover for Thanos 3*. Now to save up 100k ISO to champ him. (I spent 80k earlier today champing moonstone for the PVE...)

edit* fun fact I have 8 Dr. Stange 3 star covers and have never pulled a blue.

zulux21

thanos is in the elite tokes now.

anyways time for some 4 star pulls since carol is in there.

and they are....
yellow sam wilson (1k iso)
purple 5 star thanos
purple miles
black mr fantastic (1k iso)
purple 5 star thanos
blue sam wilson
yellow agent venom
yellow quake (1k iso)
purple electra
purple gwenpool
purple teen jean (big as it gives me 4 and thus the special tile removal)
yellow nick fury
red luke cage
green venom
black xforce (1k iso)

overall just the one really exciting character cover, and no medusa or carol but at least there weren't a ton of dupes

Opened my hoard, got one Medusa cover, one Riri cover, only two covers I have to sell (Venom green and PX yellow), and 3 5* covers (unfortunately, two of them are for 5* characters I don't have rostered). All in all, a pretty good haul for what was only about 20 tokens.

Xion385

I made a mistake, GAF. I bought the VIP thing and accidentally used my Legendary token. I got a 4* Thing. I know if I recruit him, it might ruin my scaling given that I already have Rulk. I'm at a lost. Should I recruit him or sell him?

zulux21

I made a mistake, GAF. I bought the VIP thing and accidentally used my Legendary token. I got a 4* Thing. I know if I recruit him, it might ruin my scaling given that I already have Rulk. I'm at a lost. Should I recruit him or sell him?

eh... he will mess up your scaling a little but at the same time he is another level 70 character you can use. it should be fine, just be glad you didn't get a 5 star as hands down that would be ditch him

eh... he will mess up your scaling a little but at the same time he is another level 70 character you can use. it should be fine, just be glad you didn't get a 5 star as hands down that would be ditch him

Agreed. One thing I will say is that you have a 2 weeks before you have to make a choice (that's how long it is before covers time out), so I'd wait about a week or so before I actually rostered him. Might give you enough time to get some more 2* covers and level up those characters so the effects of scaling don't hurt as much.

Xion385

Thanks guys! I'll wait about a week then. I would hated it if I got an Old Man Logan card and had to discard him. I probably wouldn't have though. Lol

Spoit

I'm giving panther the 5 days left on this chulk cover before I pull the LTs. Though I'm still not 100% he's worth champing

With boosts and a good board yes. Id say any 4 star above 152 can do them just have to get lucky. Hulk is gimped in the fight only level 222.

Thanks!

First try with no boosts (I finished with 391 hp!).

I didn't realize that Rulk's purple kept Hulk's green at bay so it is basically just a matter of keeping purple well stocked while denying red and avoiding chains.

zulux21

Thanks!

First try with no boosts (I finished with 391 hp!).

I didn't realize that Rulk's purple kept Hulk's green at bay so it is basically just a matter of keeping purple well stocked while denying red and avoiding chains.

did it with my level 150 4/2/5 red hulk with 700 hp left :p

got a black 5 star black widow for my troubles which I think leaves only the new panther not rostered on my roster

look at all of those super useful characters

:p

Xion385

*Decides to stalk GAF-vengers in game*

*Sees all the players' rosters compared to mine*

*Gets bummed out*

Maybe I shouldn't be asking for an alliance spot for another year...

Triz

Spent 80 CP on tokens:

Gwenpool Green
Venom Black
Hulk Buster champ level
Kate Bishop Black.

Always good when you can use all 4.

zulux21

That seems....really short sighted. What about when his clash comes back again?

bleh... I don't know if I can do the clash anymore with the update... they moved his stun so my two blue cover doesn't stun anymore @_@

I have to get more covers to have a stun again.

Got a legendary token from my daily resupply, earned me a Drax cover. He's now at full covers, and currently sitting at Lv 209. So when I get another, he can be champed.

It's coming down to the wire for Devil Dinosaur, but I *should* be able to get it done.

I've worked myself up to 3 champed 4* now (XForce Deadpool, Teen Jean, and Ghost Rider). Kingpin is next after his buff is over (for MMR purposes). Still have enough ISO for 2 more after that. Then, I don't know, I may save my CP/Legendaries until I can champ a couple more, then open them all.

NineH

So much grinding but I managed to get 2nd place to get 4 Mordo covers. I beat the 3rd place guy by less than 100 points so I was getting nervous towards the end there. Hopefully he ends up as a good 4 star so I can justify all that playing.

Xion385

Is Agent Venom worth keeping? I just packed him and I got him and Thing waiting to be rostered. I looked at tier lists and he wasn't very high. Suggestions? I'm just worried that he might ruin my scaling.

Triz

Is Agent Venom worth keeping? I just packed him and I got him and Thing waiting to be rostered. I looked at tier lists and he wasn't very high. Suggestions? I'm just worried that he might ruin my scaling.

Venom is ranked as one of the worst 4 stars on many lists.

Dalek

Oh wow-in the Cyclops PVP, a championed Kingpin and championed Captain Falcon are a dream team....

Kingpin uses Purple to make Yellow. Cyclops turns that Yellow into Red, Sam uses that Red to do 15,000 damage minimum....

Top Bottom