• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Xion385

I need 25k ISO to get my first champed character, 2* Magneto, in 12 days before these covers I'm hoarding expires. I can do this right? I really dislike the Gauntlet event.

Dalek

I need 25k ISO to get my first champed character, 2* Magneto, in 12 days before these covers I'm hoarding expires. I can do this right? I really dislike the Gauntlet event.

Don't sweat it with 2 stars. There's no hurry because those covers are very common. Definitely Champion him but don't worry if you can't get the ISO before THIS cover expires.

4 star covers on the other hand....this has been my life for the past 6 months. Rushing to Champion in time...

That is a little over 2K ISO a day. You can definitely do it. You'll get 6K of that just by beating the 1* DDQ node everyday, another 1.2K for each time you can beat the 2 2*nodes. So just play some Story Mode/PvE on top of that and you'll be fine.

Xion385

That is a little over 2K ISO a day. You can definitely do it. You'll get 6K of that just by beating the 1* DDQ node everyday, another 1.2K for each time you can beat the 2 2*nodes. So just play some Story Mode/PvE on top of that and you'll be fine.

I only get 500 from that node. :(

edit: Oh nevermind. Everyday for 12 days.

zulux21

i really hope that the 2/3/4 star wave will be only level 150 or so.

aka possible with a good 3 star and 2 star but easy with a 4 star.

I am expecting them to be like 350 with the only easy way to beat them being whales that you can't use because they lock out team ups

it's going to be nice getting extra tacos though, especially since the only 3 stars I am actively trying to get covers for are strange and thanos (just to catch up with the others)

they should be in the same group this time which means half of my tacos wont be redeemed which means with the extra taco I will have like 75 of them by the time strange and thanos are together again.

though I suppose I should only redeem for them when it is a 4 star I might want as well which could result in some skips as the next time they are available they are Wolverine which i have fully covered.

zulux21

so.... as long as the levels stay here
5Pi03Hk.png

this is a great change as that won't take a ton of effort to add 2 CP each day. They allow team ups so worst case you could always whales one that is hard as long as you have the characters (which since I have every 2 star besides bag man, have every 3 star, and I think all of the 4 stars this will just be a plus for me)

beyond that there is also a standard and elite token in progression now too.

hmmm the clash might be doable as I had him down to 500 even if it did end like

:p

I just need to get lucky and not let him have yellow or black... which is easier said than done.

I will let him have green and ideally he will hit my countdown tiles.

*sees in the vault there are two deadpool 4 star covers... decides to use up tacos this week as either of those covers would likely be the difference between a really hard and doable battle since it is an extra red or purple cover) doesn't even manage to get a 3 star with the first 20 tacos :p*

4verine gave me an iceman cover. Only need three more to champ him.

I've started opening my LTs now and just keeping a backlog of 10 to be safe (ie. don't want to be ISO-starved and have multiple people to champ).

Pulled a Mr Fantastic putting him at 3/3/4. Getting within a couple covers to complete 5 or 6 more 4*s. Feels good to finally, finally be close.

zulux21

I'm in awe of the so called "vets" on the MPQ forum who are bitching about having to spend HP to roster 2* where if HP was that much of an issue they should have a 2* farm going already as it's a great way to get HP @_@

Triz

I'm in awe of the so called "vets" on the MPQ forum who are bitching about having to spend HP to roster 2* where if HP was that much of an issue they should have a 2* farm going already as it's a great way to get HP @_@

Lol, I have all 2 stars rostered and the only one not getting Championed covers right now is Bagman.

zulux21

Lol, I have all 2 stars rostered and the only one not getting Championed covers right now is Bagman.

I don't have bagman rostered, but that is because the only way to get him period is through PVP.

thus he should never be a required character in DDQ as that is PVE and if he ever is I and many other people will be raising a stink no doubt (aside from april 1st... if he is a required character that day it is fine)

Triz

No I agree, Im just stating that complaining about roster spots is silly. And yeah the only reason my Bagman isn't leveled is because Ive gotten 2 covers in about 2 years since I sold the original one I had and they stripped him from rewards.

zulux21

No I agree, Im just stating that complaining about roster spots is silly. And yeah the only reason my Bagman isn't leveled is because Ive gotten 2 covers in about 2 years since I sold the original one I had and they stripped him from rewards.

I get complaining for newbies, but yeah the vets should be in a place where they should always have extra slots. as long as you don't throw away HP on tokens you get plenty of hp anymore for slots if you are mostly caught up.

I get complaining for newbies, but yeah the vets should be in a place where they should always have extra slots. as long as you don't throw away HP on tokens you get plenty of hp anymore for slots if you are mostly caught up.

I don't think I'd qualify as a "vet" but I'm on day 1202 and only recently stopped throwing 100 HP at tokens on the reg. Within maybe two months of doing it I've amassed more than enough HP to take me from ~94 to 108 roster slots including a full (sans Bags) 2* crew.

I should have listened sooner. I'm even working on a second set of my main 2*s (Thor, Storm & BW).

zulux21

I don't think I'd qualify as a "vet" but I'm on day 1202 and only recently stopped throwing 100 HP at tokens on the reg. Within maybe two months of doing it I've amassed more than enough HP to take me from ~94 to 108 roster slots including a full (sans Bags) 2* crew.

I should have listened sooner. I'm even working on a second set of my main 2*s (Thor, Storm & BW).

i mean I get the want to do that, I still throw HP at vaults from time to time if they are the special ones...

but yeah... a 2 star farm pays for itself in hp quickly.
and with shield levels and the alliance raining down elite tokens on most events it doesn't take that long to go through the levels even with casual play.

Isn't the 2* cycle a net loss of like 10k ISO? I mean, even before you count not selling them

7.8k ISO, IIRC, and assuming you don't sell any of the covers that come along with it or use any of the HP or CP for tokens or the actual value of the covers from the heroic tokens. I think if you were to statistically take the expected value of the HP and CP and heroics (and account for the average value of the XP in ISO), you'd probably only end up like 3-4K behind.

Spoit

Anyway, this legendary opening party ate up most of my HP for permanent slots, so I'm pretty much going to have to just rotate and toss the 2*s for now.

Also, my ISO.

zulux21

Isn't the 2* cycle a net loss of like 10k ISO? I mean, even before you count not selling them

9,530iso for 5 heroic tokens, 3 3 star covers to help raise a 3 star up and get other rewards, 375Hp and 5CP

so i mean in worst case you are getting 1.25k iso back from tokens
1.5k back from covers
.25k back from CP
and around 1k back from HP

meaning you get4k back from rewards in the worst case making it a little over 5.5k iso for that.

but as the other person said you also get exp

you get 20 exp from making the champ
200 exp from adding all the covers to the two star
15 exp from tokens
30 exp for the 3 star covers
and 2.5 exp for the CP
and 28 xp from the HP if you buy tokens
which is just under 300 exp per 2 star champ
at shield rank oh 65 it is 2050 exp for 30,000 iso
so 1/7 of 30k is 4285.71 iso per 2 star champ.

so after all is said and done, assuming you only ever get the min you can off of your tokens and HP and CP you will lose about 1.2k iso.
if you have any luck at all you are likely to break even.

and we aren't even going to take into account that the extra exp that you earn might eventually let you into shield rank 9 or 10 when they come out that you might miss if you aren't farming 2 stars.

I mean even if you are taking the HP and converting it into roster slots it basically means you are paying about 5k iso per roster slot.

Spoit

I mean, the limiting factor is almost always ISO. And while it may even out in the end, that's still a pretty big hit to your income until you actually hit the shield rank payouts.

zulux21

I mean, the limiting factor is almost always ISO. And while it may even out in the end, that's still a pretty big hit to your income until you actually hit the shield rank payouts.

if you are at a point where you have plenty of HP and basically every character fully covered then yeah, using up any iso is an issue.

the vast majority of people could use plenty of pulls though to continue building up their roster and need HP to keep buying roster slots.

it's also funny hearing 4k per 2 star about every 2 months to be a really big hit when most people are saying 1k per day added to the DDQ is completely meaningless :p

Dalek

Plus in my opinion it's just preventing you from making actual progress in the game. Instead of actually increasing the levels of 4* characters (because this is a 4* game now after all) you're just messing around with 2*s.

zulux21

Plus in my opinion it's just preventing you from making actual progress in the game. Instead of actually increasing the levels of 4* characters (because this is a 4* game now after all) you're just messing around with 2*s.

I mean even if you sold off all of your 2 stars at max champ value and didn't have any it's still only a 780k investment that you could put elsewhere *Shrugs*

that is what, a little under 2 champed 4 stars you don't have because you are farming 2 stars?

beyond that... if you are PVE only then being in the 4 star meta is completely meaningless.

and if you are in PVP really you need to be on the 5* game not 4*.

so I really don't agree that the game is 4* anywhere unless you force yourself to be on 4 stars.

you either play just fine with 3 stars still in PVE or need 5 stars in PVP to really do stuff.

I mean my playing with 2 stars at this point doesn't have any big effect on my progression.

basically I spend 5-10k iso a month in order to get 2-3 roster slots for the new characters.

beyond all of that it always feels way better raising up a champ then just selling off useless covers :p

Except that, IMO, you're making more progress in the game (especially when it comes to your 3 star characters, but even with the 4 stars) by having a champ farm than not. The 250 ISO that I'm getting from selling those 2 star covers isn't really going to do much for me. I park all of my 4* at well below their max level unless I'm champing them. I have 4 parking levels at the moment at 90 (3-7 covers), 120 (8-10 covers), 160 (9-12 covers), and 180 (fully covered but not champed yet), so I'm never going to be constantly putting ISO into 4 stars just for the sake of it. I have so much ISO right now, that I'm actually considering moving my full covered parking level to 200. I'm not going to lie and say that the initial costs can seem a little bit steep, but once you set it up the whole thing more than pays for itself in a matter of months, and you never end up being out of the ISO for that long (basically, by the time you need it, you'll usually have a 2* either ready to sell or very close to it, and after you max them you have 2 to build up more covers and/or ISO before you'd theoretically need to champ them again).

Spoit

The problem is, there's basically no way to break into the 5* game unless you're whaling, hard. IIRC, it was like 4k worth of cp (less some misc legendary tokens) in order to get a single one covered from the latest legends? Probably a couple more to get all 3 fully covered, and yeah, you're going to need at least 2 of them fully covered, with at least one of them actually being a top tier one like BB, OML, or GG, instead of filler like BW or spidey.

zulux21

so phil doesn't seem all that interesting from what I am seeing.

he is a support character that I can't really figure out the use for.

Dalek

I've found my new Big enchilada team for the new one wave game. Star lord, Doctor Strange and Thanos.

That was super easy.

zulux21

Make power cheaper when the enemy fires theirs. Fills in the red you'd want for a rainbow team.

what power do you need to fire?
strange just murders when they fire powers and thanos just explodes when something dies.

something like iron first who auto puts attack tiles down or a strike tile generator seems better if you want to just murder quickly.

Spoit

strange just murders when they fire powers and thanos just explodes when something dies.

something like iron first who auto puts attack tiles down or a strike tile generator seems better if you want to just murder quickly.

Exactly. My first inclination would either be a strike tile generator like 3* wolvie or laken, or just saying "fuck my own health" and doubling down with carnage.

Triz

Im rocking 4* Luke Cage, Iron Fist and 4* Punisher in the dead pool PVE. They are boosted but the team is pretty balanced. Cage putting down defense punisher and Ironfist putting down strike and attack. Cage fortifying the tiles, and Punisher Green hitting for 12k AOE.

zulux21

Im rocking 4* Luke Cage, Iron Fist and 4* Punisher in the dead pool PVE. They are boosted but the team is pretty balanced. Cage putting down defense punisher and Ironfist putting down strike and attack. Cage fortifying the tiles, and Punisher Green hitting for 12k AOE.

i'm rocking.... nothing.

with the new DDQ it became more important to have at least 1 cover of a 4 star character so I am waiting to increase the odds I can get one.

Strange's blue when a board mover shows up. Not that you'd need to, but you could, and that's a nice source of damage. And I'd still try to find a red user to complete the rainbow team, and Carnage would be a decent suggestion if you don't care about health. Or if you've been lucky enough to pull a cover (and I may try this tomorrow and see) 5* BP would do extra damage coming out of Court Death.

Dalek

Thanos is a good idea, I'll have to try that team tonight.

Edit: Holy hell, that was ridiculously fast.

Told you! Crazy teamwork.

I just got my Ironheart cover from the simulator. Also I just checked and a black Luke cover is the reward for the next PVE. This will make him fully covered for Me and I still have him at level 70.

Edit: matches with Carnage, 4* Luke, Star-Lord, Black Panther and Ms. Marvel take forever.

MiTYH

I've found my new Big enchilada team for the new one wave game. Star lord, Doctor Strange and Thanos.

That was super easy.

So um, yeah. Wow. Thank you. That was effortless. I've got 5-star thanos black/pink and 5-star strange yellow/pink. Together... I barely had to do anything!

So um, yeah. Wow. Thank you. That was effortless. I've got 5-star thanos black/pink and 5-star strange yellow/pink. Together... I barely had to do anything!

All y'all with your fancy rosters.

I tried it with my lvl 168 (4/5/4) Strange, lvl 40 (2/5/2) Thanos and lousy lvl 70 (1/2/0) Star Lord. Squeaked by but Winfinite is still faster for me at this level.

I don't have 5* Strange and my 5* Thanos is only 2/1/0

Dalek

I did it again this morning and just focused on getting Red for Star Lord. After like 3 matches, and one fire of the red the game was over.

Spoit

I tried it with my lvl 168 (4/5/4) Strange, lvl 40 (2/5/2) Thanos and lousy lvl 70 (1/2/0) Star Lord. Squeaked by but Winfinite is still faster for me at this level.

Yeah, honestly a non-leveled 5* version is actually weaker than the near maxed 3* ones. After they fixed 3* thanos, you'd need _5_ black covers on an unleveled 5* thanos to have the same passive damage. And I guess only 2 for Dr strange's passive, but you'd still probably a get a lot more utility from the 3* one's other powers (seriously, stop sending me 1 cover 5* strange TUs. You Know Who You Are)

zulux21

why are you running a 4/5/4 strange?

the only time the purple makes any sense to have above 3 is if you know for a fact you need to hit trap tiles (for 5) or inviso tiles (for 4) his blue and yellow are both really good moves in general but his purple is garbage tier in general so it's odd to see someone running it with that at 5 o_O

I mean the blue move nearly doubles in damage each turn between 4 and 5 covers
and the yellow move hits for like 40% more damage and heals for like 30% more between 4 and 5 o_O

but yeah you really need thanos at a high level of black to really get killing with him.

Top Bottom