• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

I'll join the alliance soon. Just need to get a little more ISO. TurboLibre coming at ya!

that would be cool if I could get any worthwhile covers... I am in a horrible slump there

I have gotten like 20 recruit tokens in the last 48 hours... all of them ended up just being 1 stars :(

Tell me about it. The only decent covers I've got in weeks were from the daily drops.
Even my heroic tokens are just Captain. Getting real tired of it.

Where is that option? I'm not seeing any new buttons in the Roster or Train menus

I think you need to try and install a new ability, and it'll ask which one to replace. I haven't tried it yet, only saw the text on the update.

cobell

Someone start an alliance and add me:

octagon69

Sadly, we can't actually invite people. You can only search and join. There's not even an "Accept" option for people joining (which is why I'm asking to verify you joining in this thread). As there are no restrictions to joining a group. it's kind of silly.

zulux21

steam version finally updated... so now I can join alliances... though you guys already filled the one :p

oh well im sure another will open up in here.

Almost took #1 in one of the iso-8 sub-missions. I came into the game and saw there was only 34 minutes left. Played 2 of the fights and was at #1. Kept going and seesawes back and forth to as low as #4. Just waiting for the results to kick in...

Did my free pulls while I wait. Got a Patch from the standard! Now the question is do I spend points to get one more space on my roster for him (have 675 atm) or sell Bag-Man?

cobell

Is anilones19? someone from GAF? I'd prefer to keep the GAF-vengers well.. gaf centric.

Also, for some reason, I can't promote you to commander TurboLibre, I'll keep trying. It keeps saying my connection is lost and it can't "kick" you though I'm trying to promote you.

Anilones

Is anilones19? someone from GAF? I'd prefer to keep the GAF-vengers well.. gaf centric.

Also, for some reason, I can't promote you to commander TurboLibre, I'll keep trying. It keeps saying my connection is lost and it can't "kick" you though I'm trying to promote you.
I'm anilones19, I've been here a long time but rarely comment. I'm happy to drop out for a more vocal member of the community.

animus82

Banned
How'd you boys do?

I got a top 5 and a top 50.

2 CAPs (at least I respecced to a 3/5/5 now..)

1 Green punisher. Second punisher cover since this PVE event began.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How'd you boys do?

Got my Top 5. Got a Black Punisher, and yeah, my second Punisher this event too.

Oh yes, another sand stage event. Time for Storm/Venom to not let the AI even move for 90% of the match. :D

zulux21

How'd you boys do?

i got 1 top 50 rewarded (got a blue storm which i was able to use right away via respec system yay) and i am still waiting for my reward on what should be another top 50 reward :/

Hmm, still haven't received my reward for the mission that just closed a couple of hours ago.

I did finally get the notice that a new version of the game was available. Looking at the quick notes, it mentioned that respect is now in-game. is this right? How is it done?

zulux21

Sooo are all the new boosts 50 HP for a refill? If so, that will make the game much more difficult.

i was reading it was supposed to be 100 iso for a refill of 5 (aka slightly cheaper)... but now that I drained one of the new boosts I am seeing 200 iso for a pack of 5...
meaning now instead of getting +9 to two colors for 200 iso... I get plus 5... and they promised they wouldn't cost more :/

animus82

Banned
i was reading it was supposed to be 50 iso for a refill of 5... but now that I drained one of the new boosts I am seeing 200 iso for a pack of 5...
meaning now instead of getting +9 to two colors for 200 iso... I get plus 5... and they promised they wouldn't cost more :/

I already used a lot of ISO to stay competitive. I made some ISO from the PVE events but I used a lot of that ISO to rank well.

Now I'll be neutral as far as ISO gain. They keep squeezing to make more money. To force people to give in and buy HP.

zulux21

I already used a lot of ISO to stay competitive. I made some ISO from the PVE events but I used a lot of that ISO to rank well.

Now I'll be neutral as far as ISO gain. They keep squeezing to make more money. To force people to give in and buy HP.

the new extra damage per match boost is better than the old (20% instead of 10 and still 50hp for a 3 pack but you can stack them up to 5 i think) it's a shame i never found the damage boosts worth it lol

zulux21

I think I saw Criticals for 100 ISO?

What are the new boosts even? Everything in my inventory is retired :/

ones i know of so far
+1/+1 ap of the two colors as before (get a 5 pack for 200 iso, aka they cost twice as much as before and only stack up to 3)
and +20% damage to all matches (50 HP for a 3 pack (at least i think it's a three pack I didn't buy it) stackable to at least 4... I think 5)

zulux21

Did it always cost ISO to skip a match in PvP?

new system just introduced today
you start out with the battle being worth a bonus 30 iso
if you skip it goes down by 10
once you hit 0 it then costs 10 iso per skip until you do a battle and either win or lose (at least that is how they said it would work I haven't played around with it because I don't skip to often)

new system just introduced today
you start out with the battle being worth a bonus 30 iso
if you skip it goes down by 10
once you hit 0 it then costs 10 iso per skip until you do a battle and either win or lose (at least that is how they said it would work I haven't played around with it because I don't skip to often)

No, part of new patch. They increased iso gain to an additional +30. Every skip deducts -10.

Cheers for the info.

I'm at a low level (10 or so) which means I find myself skipping regularly as it matches me with level 30+ teams. It's irritating how it's going to cost me from now on.

zulux21

Cheers for the info.

I'm at a low level (10 or so) which means I find myself skipping regularly as it matches me with level 30+ teams. It's irritating how it's going to cost me from now on.

if you are that low you really should be just doing the pvp for quick rewards and then doing pve/ the prologue to get your self up in the 20s with a decent team (it really doesn't take that long to get a 1 star team into the 20s by playing the prologue... like 10-15 hours or so)

zulux21

I assume they eventually will make it so that you can share rewards with alliance members instead of just FB.

I'd like the ability to share with people on facebook first....
I still can't do that being a pc user :/

I can make GAF-Vengers 2 I guess?

How should we name a 2nd group?

idk, but at least this time my client is updated so I would have a chance to join...
no clue what to name it though.

hamchan

I'd like the ability to share with people on facebook first....
I still can't do that being a pc user :/

idk, but at least this time my client is updated so I would have a chance to join...
no clue what to name it though.

Yeah dunno what to call it. Someone else make it! Lol

cobell

Well, just going with Marvel themes, these would be promising names: GAF-men, GAF-NOW!, GAF-Modern, Astonishing GAF, GAF-Force, Classic-GAF, etc...

As far as I can tell so far, there's no benefit to being in an Alliance. The cost of which is so far 2500 ISO for whomever creates it. I hope something interesting is implemented with Alliances.

If you are max level and get a cover for the non-maxed color, it be available to train, and will give you the option to de-level one of your other two colors

Thanks, this worked! Too bad my "saved" Thor cards were saved into a new Recruit card. ah well.

So they added Alliances, but they don't really do anything yet? How disappointing...

The new respec system sounds nice at least, can get some of those Yellow Classic Storm levels dumped into the better abilities, and maybe shuffle around Thor and Wolverine post-nerf.

zulux21

Does this de-level the hero at all, or does it just swap out powers?

swap powers.

Lol wut

Been stacking these Ms and wrecking shit with MN Mags' Purple.

all the AP ones I have seen have been more expensive and no more effective than the old boosts which isn't really a good change
the all damage + match boost though is better than the old one... like it might actually be worth taking up a slot in a mean battle now.

shaowebb

Just got home...things are different.
  • You now have to get awarded boosts after a match to "unlock" them on the boosts screen for purchase later
  • Several boosts were retired. Including ones vs Hammer, Crits, and + damage on all
  • I can now STACK as many boosts as I want onto a single battle...this is the single most broken thing ever for tournies IMO for making a mess of the last hour.
  • Discard is an option now in PVP
  • Boost rewards seem more frequent and they changed the costs and screens some I think.
  • respec is here!

Its not busted to stack boosts in events where folks honestly need it to rank up for covers and dont rank down easily. However, for PVP this stack ability is gonna make it a crapshoot to predict the last hour of a player vs player tourney. Folks willgo for boost stacks to use on harsher high score teams late and you can derank like mad now in PVP due to this. Shields are now more valuable than ever and rank will be hard to maintain.

Dont know what this does for meta till its gone on awhile to observe, but I'm thinking that once someone can get in first on last day in the last 3hrs it may be time to shield up that damned early if the lead is good. Boost stacking will make a damned mess of trying to level late in PVP tournies.

zulux21

Just got home...things are different.
  • You now have to get awarded boosts after a match to "unlock" them on the boosts screen for purchase later
  • Several boosts were retired. Including ones vs Hammer, Crits, and + damage on all
  • I can now STACK as many boosts as I want onto a single battle...this is the single most broken thing ever for tournies IMO for making a mess of the last hour.
  • Discard is an option now in PVP
  • Boost rewards seem more frequent and they changed the costs and screens some I think.
  • respec is here!

Its not busted to stack boosts in events where folks honestly need it to rank up for covers and dont rank down easily. However, for PVP this stack ability is gonna make it a crapshoot to predict the last hour of a player vs player tourney. Folks willgo for boost stacks to use on harsher high score teams late and you can derank like mad now in PVP due to this. Shields are now more valuable than ever and rank will be hard to maintain.

Dont know what this does for meta till its gone on awhile to observe, but I'm thinking that once someone can get in first on last day in the last 3hrs it may be time to shield up that damned early if the lead is good. Boost stacking will make a damned mess of trying to level late in PVP tournies.

you can't stack as many as you want...
you still only have 3 slots...
of those slots you can only stack up to 3 of the +1 ap of two color.
and up to 5 of the damage boosting ones (which is indeed a decent change but even at a little over double damage for matches I don't see it being a huge game changer due to the cost)

Top Bottom