• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

shaowebb

Woo! #1 in the world on the easier map, and #2 in the world on the Brotherhood story that's locked until next round. doesn't look like We'll see the last stage unlocked in the next 30 min for that one area though so I'm out.

NomarTyme

Woo! #1 in the world on the easier map, and #2 in the world on the Brotherhood story that's locked until next round. doesn't look like We'll see the last stage unlocked in the next 30 min for that one area though so I'm out.

Ditto. #4 in the hard map though.

I'm preparing myself for 3 blue Capt covers.

2 cap covers, 1 classic storm, and one Magneto Marvel Now red. :(

Gotchaye

Yup, 3x Captains and an unnecessary MN Mags.

Not that I have high hopes for these tokens anyway. I only need purple MN Mags and Psylocke.

Edit: I hadn't played around with him much due to lack of covers, but Classic Magneto is also a ridiculously strong partner for Patch. At 5/5/3 he probably handily beats out OBW for damage, although mine is 4/4/5. His blue is nearly self-sustaining and his red is dirt cheap. With Patch's strike tiles you're getting ~1300 damage per 2 red AP, although of course it's possible for the move to destroy the strike tiles.

basically a new post:

It's a little annoying that the new way they do PvE buffs means that buffs don't really matter if you just have a few high-level 2* characters that you're happy with, unless the characters you're already using are buffed. Buffs now work like a "preview mode" of the high-level version of the character, boosting characters to something close to level 85 almost regardless of their actual level, up to 85. Looking at HP and best tile strength for a variety of characters, it looks like the small buff in this event is worth about +50% for level 50 3*s, +100% for level 36 2*s, and +300-400% for 2*s below level 10. The big buff on Psylocke works similarly, putting her somewhere around 141. The effective level of buffed 2* characters is limited to something like levels 46 (I'm pretty certain on the lower bound since I have a level 6 CStorm) to maybe 100. I'd be really interested in knowing the buffed and base stats for a buffed level 85 2*, if someone's got one. 3*s like Daredevil and Punisher are probably going to start out at something like effective level 60 and scale to 150-160.

The problem is that this means that you can't actually get buffed characters that are significantly stronger than max-level unbuffed versions of the characters. If I'm not already using MN Mags, and didn't think it worthwhile to level him to 85, then buffed MN Mags is still not very useful to me. Now, obviously there's some value in "preview mode", and some characters are so situationally useful that it's not worth putting ISO into them though they still come in handy for one or two missions, but it's annoyingly true that my strongest team combinations are entirely made up of unbuffed characters, and would be unless my buffed characters were very near max level (and even then I wouldn't be using Daredevil or Captain America or, probably, MN Mags).

I miss Modern Hawkeye during The Hunt.

I was top 3 for both events before the reset when I went to bed, somehow in 2.5 hours I dropped ~65 places for both, kind of insane. I ended up getting another Punisher and have been dumping ISO-8 into him to try and bring him up to snuff. I don't like that each stage has 1 guaranteed Psylocke-exclusive fight. The hero literally just released, so there can't be too many people that have them. I just think they shouldn't immediately give people who did well last event a leg-up going into this event.

I'm also starting to question the difficulty scaling. I saw a 2nd place guy with no heroes above level 30, which should not be possible unless the scaling is user-driven instead of event driven, but that wouldn't explain how every "Hard Mode" of The Simulator for me was level 150+ after the first 2 hours of a reset--I have no heroes over 85...

It's just weird. I like this event a lot more than The Simulator though. I'm glad they are implementing new events, but it would be nice if they threw in some older ones so people can get certain heroes and use heroes that normally would gather dust. I also hate that they nerfed Astonishing Wolverine, but kept X-Force Wolverine the same, and released Patch Wolverine right after which has the exact same mechanics the old A Wolverine had but on steroids...

It's a little annoying that the new way they do PvE buffs means that buffs don't really matter if you just have a few high-level 2* characters that you're happy with, unless the characters you're already using are buffed. Buffs now work like a "preview mode" of the high-level version of the character, boosting characters to something close to level 85 almost regardless of their actual level, up to 85. Looking at HP and best tile strength for a variety of characters, it looks like the small buff in this event is worth about +50% for level 50 3*s, +100% for level 36 2*s, and +300-400% for 2*s below level 10. The big buff on Psylocke works similarly, putting her somewhere around 141. The effective level of buffed 2* characters is limited to something like levels 46 (I'm pretty certain on the lower bound since I have a level 6 CStorm) to maybe 100. I'd be really interested in knowing the buffed and base stats for a buffed level 85 2*, if someone's got one. 3*s like Daredevil and Punisher are probably going to start out at something like effective level 60 and scale to 150-160.

The problem is that this means that you can't actually get buffed characters that are significantly stronger than max-level unbuffed versions of the characters. If I'm not already using MN Mags, and didn't think it worthwhile to level him to 85, then buffed MN Mags is still not very useful to me. Now, obviously there's some value in "preview mode", and some characters are so situationally useful that it's not worth putting ISO into them though they still come in handy for one or two missions, but it's annoyingly true that my strongest team combinations are entirely made up of unbuffed characters, and would be unless my buffed characters were very near max level (and even then I wouldn't be using Daredevil or Captain America or, probably, MN Mags).

I agree. They used to be ridiculous, now they are kind of worthless--at least for the smaller buffs. The big crystal buffs are still kind of useful--bumping my Hulk from ~5500 hp to 11000 was nice--but I can already see at the higher levels it's not enough to justify using underleveled characters with buffs over max level characters without. Hell, this event I still use 85 Thor > 82 Captain America, despite him having a buff because Cap's skillset just isn't as useful imho. I've been using Punisher more, but that's really the only buffed hero I wouldn't use if not for the PvE Buff, and I already had him at ~60.

Modern Hawkeye has been used maybe 5 times since that event for me. I used that event to get him from ~15 to 80, and barely touched him after it ended. He was so good for that event...

shaowebb

Yup, 3x Captains and an unnecessary MN Mags.

Not that I have high hopes for these tokens anyway. I only need purple MN Mags and Psylocke.

Edit: I hadn't played around with him much due to lack of covers, but Classic Magneto is also a ridiculously strong partner for Patch. At 5/5/3 he probably handily beats out OBW for damage, although mine is 4/4/5. His blue is nearly self-sustaining and his red is dirt cheap. With Patch's strike tiles you're getting ~1300 damage per 2 red AP, although of course it's possible for the move to destroy the strike tiles.

basically a new post:

Modern Hawkeye is fucking evil. He cant be hit so you put him anywhere in front with MN Mags who can use polarity shift to almost guaranteed feed him either 5 to 4 blue every shot. Suddenly you got Hawkeye, untouchable, set to hit people for one shot kills so long as they miss his countdown tile. Vicious character once leveled and needing to be avoided at all costs. You can only hit him with full team stuns in effect or once others are dead.

Right now I'm rocking the combo of Classic Storm and Marvel Now Magneto since he is a BLUE battery who sets Classic Storm up to hit the whole enemy team for 2200. Absolutely makes a joke of this tourney. Sitting at #1 on one, #6 on the other and #3 overall. Not gonna farm though...dont wanna strip these and lock myself out of stuff. I'm good for now. Black Panther wont even take dedication on this tourney. He'll just happen with only an hour a day of relaxing easy matches.

BTW I'm power leveling Cap now for a Classic Storm/Marvel Now Magneto/Captain America team. Idea is all 3 are devastating with Blue. Magneto pushes polarity shift to battery Storm mainly. She goes down and he's still got polarity shift to abuse. He goes down and I'm still guaranteed to have blue in stock for Captain America to start doing his self supporting cycle of abilities since once he pops them once he generally every 2 turns lands it again once he gets his tile to pop and fuel him.

Team should wreck folks. Plus Classic Storm Green is still a battery for the whole team which means Red abilities and Polarity Shift stay on deck easily.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn it's crazy reading about all these team combinations with uncommon/rare characters, when I'm getting bottlenecked by Hero Points and the RNG quickly. Really need to consider long term goals with how you manage heroes I guess.

I do however enjoy this game's F2P system. In addition to being able to get a decent amount of Hero Points through the campaign, you get very frequent opportunities to gun for and invest other replenishable resources like power ups into getting Hero Points through frequent PvP and PvE events. I've just about drained the campaigns of HP, but even coming up and not playing this game for as long as others have, have been able to get 50 Hero Points here and there if I dedicate myself to something. Amassed a total of 13 or 14 slots now and still fiending for more.

Pretty close to maxing out my mains. Venom and Iron Man are maxed, Storm getting there but the RNG keeps giving me Green and Black which I don't need more of. Have since started putting ISO into Daken as he pretty much ads to team combinations that even don't have team synergy. Just because I have a bunch of Yellow Wolvie and Moonstone cards I've been trying to build them up as well, focusing on Wolvie for not. Man, it's tough when you keep getting one of each of a bunch of 3*s and don't know whether to toss them for some small HP to invest in rares you get later or kick one of your characters that max out early to the curb. Think I'm getting to a point where I'm going to start selling off a bunch of these 1*s to make room, since I might not get enough of these cards again considering their rarity.

shaowebb

Damn it's crazy reading about all these team combinations with uncommon/rare characters, when I'm getting bottlenecked by Hero Points and the RNG quickly. Really need to consider long term goals with how you manage heroes I guess.

I do however enjoy this game's F2P system. In addition to being able to get a decent amount of Hero Points through the campaign, you get very frequent opportunities to gun for and invest other replenishable resources like power ups into getting Hero Points through frequent PvP and PvE events. I've just about drained the campaigns of HP, but even coming up and not playing this game for as long as others have, have been able to get 50 Hero Points here and there if I dedicate myself to something. Amassed a total of 13 or 14 slots now and still fiending for more.

Pretty close to maxing out my mains. Venom and Iron Man are maxed, Storm getting there but the RNG keeps giving me Green and Black which I don't need more of. Have since started putting ISO into Daken as he pretty much ads to team combinations that even don't have team synergy. Just because I have a bunch of Yellow Wolvie and Moonstone cards I've been trying to build them up as well, focusing on Wolvie for not. Man, it's tough when you keep getting one of each of a bunch of 3*s and don't know whether to toss them for some small HP to invest in rares you get later or kick one of your characters that max out early to the curb. Think I'm getting to a point where I'm going to start selling off a bunch of these 1*s to make room, since I might not get enough of these cards again considering their rarity.

Before you toss any characters in particular could you show us a screenshot of your roster screen? We might be able to give you some strategies to use them more effectively...or at least reasons to keep them for long term plans down the road. Also remember that there is a 1 star only tourney right now and if you got a fully leveled Ironman you probably got a good shot at nabbing some stuff outta this one. Guys like me have a ton invested in 2 star and higher and ditched the 1 stars around lvl 20's to 30's as priority cast to level. Many folks have 1 stars but they aren't that leveled in a lot of cases because we started flooding all the "new hotness" with our iso. You may just be in a scenario to beast and get some higher covers to enjoy this week.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Before you toss any characters in particular could you show us a screenshot of your roster screen? We might be able to give you some strategies to use them more effectively...or at least reasons to keep them for long term plans down the road. Also remember that there is a 1 star only tourney right now and if you got a fully leveled Ironman you probably got a good shot at nabbing some stuff outta this one. Guys like me have a ton invested in 2 star and higher and ditched the 1 stars around lvl 20's to 30's as priority cast to level. Many folks have 1 stars but they aren't that leveled in a lot of cases because we started flooding all the "new hotness" with our iso. You may just be in a scenario to beast and get some higher covers to enjoy this week.
Would be happy to :D

ihZiw7ldrWKEb.PNG
ip90iHDlFRcZt.PNG
iR8cyXQQ9qYN3.PNG

iKfBKA8aU91CL.PNG
Not pictured: Magneto (Classic) Purple that I just got, waiting in my rewards.

I think I've thrown away a Daredevil before for 25 HP, but other than that it's been Moonstone, Daken and Cap cards (some of which I wish I had now, also a Magneto NOW Magneto Blue by accident ...don't ask). Currently I've been pretty much using IM/Storm/Venom, alternating with Daken/Storm (either)/whoever has health when necessary because it steamrolls regardless of which Storm and often opponents, and is very momentum-based (which can be a bad thing at times).

Just looking at it now, I think Juggernaut and Hawkeye are most ready to go, with maybe Thor up next. Not particularly fond of Juggs' powers, especially with Modern Storm's effectiveness, and Hawkeye seems to be limited in terms of his usability (which you advised me of before and I see it now).

EDIT: LOL you weren't kidding about the 1* thing. Like three battles and I'm #44, wut. That never happens.

zulux21

Would be happy to :D

Not pictured: Magneto (Classic) Purple that I just got, waiting in my rewards.

I think I've thrown away a Daredevil before for 25 HP, but other than that it's been Moonstone, Daken and Cap cards (some of which I wish I had now, also a Magneto NOW Magneto Blue by accident ...don't ask). Currently I've been pretty much using IM/Storm/Venom, alternating with Daken/Storm (either)/whoever has health when necessary because it steamrolls regardless of which Storm and often opponents, and is very momentum-based (which can be a bad thing at times).

Just looking at it now, I think Juggernaut and Hawkeye are most ready to go, with maybe Thor up next. Not particularly fond of Juggs' powers, especially with Modern Storm's effectiveness, and Hawkeye seems to be limited in terms of his usability (which you advised me of before and I see it now).

EDIT: LOL you weren't kidding about the 1* thing. Like three battles and I'm #44, wut. That never happens.

personally I would get rid of jugs and hawkeye, and try to get some more HP for another slot... if you can't then cut moonstone.

you want all of the 3 stars that you can period... especially punisher (who is required often but a lot of them are required at some point.). I haven't really seen dr. doom required much but it doesn't hurt... and if you have 3 covers for the 2 star mags (who isn't amazing but is pretty good) he is much more worth a roster slot than jugs or hawkeye, neither of which have good long term potential.

PS. Storm + Thor (with 5 yellow covers) = slow but awesome lol.

Dump Hawkeye and Juggernaut and start dumping points into Thor and maybe Classic Storm. Classic Storm has been very good the last 2 events thanks to the PvE buff, and Classic Hawkeye is outright bad, and Juggernaut is kind of outclassed by other similar heroes (Hulk especially). Venom drops off pretty hard once you start getting other heroes up near his level. I would say his only real value exists if you get a high level Amazing Spider-Man to get craploads of web tiles down for big heals, and even then he's pretty niche.

I agree that Punisher is a good one to have, but also love Thor, Classic Storm, Astonishing X-Men Wolverine, and Punisher.

Dr. Doom is good once you get some covers for him and if you get lucky with Black AP. If you can get Summon Demons off early it just eats the opponents while you work on other abilities. Technopathic Strike isn't that fantastic but sometimes can be clutch. Classic Magneto is imba if you can get the covers, but that is proving way more challenging than I expected. Enjoy sitting on that X-Force Wolverine for the rest of time, I've been at 2 or 3 Green Covers for like 3 monthes...

shaowebb

DO NOT DUMP JUGGERNAUT.

Guys...he has OBW. That makes Juggernaut a fast 1200 per shot guy with screen clearing options to run off tile setters who no longer suffers from self inflicted damage...OBW corrects his one drawback with her heal.. ESPECIALLY now that we have empiricists he will need Juggs for events occassionally on teams if his Storm dies.. Leave Juggs alone and just wait till OBW's heal ability is stronger. Juggs needs levels and maxes out at lvl 40 with over 3k in health so wait until OBW has more covers and level em together. A fully capped juggernaut at lvl 1 though just kills himself in a shot and thats useless for now so hold off since he has so far to level and wait till you have a better OBW heal ability to run with him. They are a helluva team later and one of my backups. Especially since his green removes timers from the board to setup nearly guaranteed heals in some scenarios. Also he is always healthy enough to run as an emergency fill in on teams when someone needs to heal a bit between event matches during grinds.

• Definitely Toss classic Hawkeye. Him and Yelena are the worst 2 in the game.
  • RECRUIT THAT MARVEL NOW MAGNETO AND HAVE HIM AS A LONGTERM PRIORITY TO LEVEL
  • LEVER THOR. Seriously. He is stable on his own and works well with most charactes. Since you have a well done Modern Storm he will take you to MUCH greater things soon. Top priority to level should be him since he has covers and partners waiting already in Storm/Daken
  • Recruit Doom and Punisher too. Punisher is needed for many events and longterm he is good. Doom has a nigh busted black ability and if you wanted to JUST buff him you could run him with MN Magneto, create blue and then next turn convert those to Black with Doom for his stuff.

...also keep praying for more blue covers for that Classic Storm. She keeps getting red iso for events and with 5 covers she stuns her target for 3 turns...and does 2200 to THEIR WHOLE TEAM every time she uses it. Now think about that coupled with MN Magneto who can put 3 blue on the board at the cost of purple generally netting you 4 to 5 blue at a time. Sexxxxxxy.

Gotchaye

I'd say that Juggs, Hawkeye, and the blue MN Magnetos aren't likely to be doing you much good anytime soon. Hawkeye just isn't very good. Juggs is potentially useful, but yours is level 1 and you have to consider what else you could be spending the ISO on. MN Mags' blue is probably his least desirable cover and he's mostly a support character anyway, so you're not missing much by waiting to recruit him until you get one of his better colors and you probably wouldn't be putting much ISO into him anytime soon anyway.

You're not going to be getting any use out of those 3* covers until after you have a respectable 2* roster, but they can be required for PvE missions. Doom is probably the least likely to be required for something, but he was one of the required heroes in The Simulator last week. A concern with the villains is that some of their powers are much rarer than others. Purple Magneto Classic is the easiest to get in Lightning Rounds. I think black Doom is also the easier of his covers to get, but I might be wrong.

If you're not going to get really into this game, you're never going to get anything out of 4* Wolverine. To my knowledge he's never been required for anything, and the 4* covers are the only ones that don't come pretty easily once you have a strong 2/3* team such that you can expect it to take months before he's playable. And even then the 4* characters have not been very impressive so far, although they're supposed to buff Wolverine soon.

For the near future, it looks like you've got a good start on a Thor/MStorm/Daken team, with Daken to be replaced with Original Widow whenever you get covers. You should probably be participating in PvP tournaments and aiming for the 2* cover prizes if they're useful to you at all - 3 2* covers for a character you might use soon are much better than 1 3* cover for a character you won't use for a long time. You'd actually have a shot at 3 Psylocke covers in the current one, so maybe that's what you ought to be aiming for, but a top 75 finish would put your Wolverine at 3/3/4 with a respectable level cap. He's a little harder to find a place for, since he doesn't get along very well with Modern Storm, but it'd work.

BlackJace

I'd say that Juggs, Hawkeye, and the blue MN Magnetos aren't likely to be doing you much good anytime soon. Hawkeye just isn't very good. Juggs is potentially useful, but yours is level 1 and you have to consider what else you could be spending the ISO on. MN Mags' blue is probably his least desirable cover and he's mostly a support character anyway, so you're not missing much by waiting to recruit him until you get one of his better colors and you probably wouldn't be putting much ISO into him anytime soon anyway.

You're not going to be getting any use out of those 3* covers until after you have a respectable 2* roster, but they can be required for PvE missions. Doom is probably the least likely to be required for something, but he was one of the required heroes in The Simulator last week. A concern with the villains is that some of their powers are much rarer than others. Purple Magneto Classic is the easiest to get in Lightning Rounds. I think black Doom is also the easier of his covers to get, but I might be wrong.

If you're not going to get really into this game, you're never going to get anything out of 4* Wolverine. To my knowledge he's never been required for anything, and the 4* covers are the only ones that don't come pretty easily once you have a strong 2/3* team such that you can expect it to take months before he's playable. And even then the 4* characters have not been very impressive so far, although they're supposed to buff Wolverine soon.

For the near future, it looks like you've got a good start on a Thor/MStorm/Daken team, with Daken to be replaced with Original Widow whenever you get covers. You should probably be participating in PvP tournaments and aiming for the 2* cover prizes if they're useful to you at all - 3 2* covers for a character you might use soon are much better than 1 3* cover for a character you won't use for a long time. You'd actually have a shot at 3 Psylocke covers in the current one, so maybe that's what you ought to be aiming for, but a top 75 finish would put your Wolverine at 3/3/4 with a respectable level cap. He's a little harder to find a place for, since he doesn't get along very well with Modern Storm, but it'd work.

He's the first legendary I've gotten, so I keep him around as a novelty, but yeah, X Force Wolverine sees next to zero usage from me. My encounter with X Force in The Simulator actually kind of impressed me, now that I saw what he can do with all powers and high stats. Recovery really made things tough for me, and Enraged Slash got rid of a good amount of my countdowns and strike tiles.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DO NOT DUMP JUGGERNAUT.

Guys...he has OBW. That makes Juggernaut a fast 1200 per shot guy with screen clearing options to run off tile setters who no longer suffers from self inflicted damage...OBW corrects his one drawback with her heal.. ESPECIALLY now that we have empiricists he will need Juggs for events occassionally on teams if his Storm dies.. Leave Juggs alone and just wait till OBW's heal ability is stronger. Juggs needs levels and maxes out at lvl 40 with over 3k in health so wait until OBW has more covers and level em together. A fully capped juggernaut at lvl 1 though just kills himself in a shot and thats useless for now so hold off since he has so far to level and wait till you have a better OBW heal ability to run with him. They are a helluva team later and one of my backups. Especially since his green removes timers from the board to setup nearly guaranteed heals in some scenarios. Also he is always healthy enough to run as an emergency fill in on teams when someone needs to heal a bit between event matches during grinds.

• Definitely Toss classic Hawkeye. Him and Yelena are the worst 2 in the game.
  • RECRUIT THAT MARVEL NOW MAGNETO AND HAVE HIM AS A LONGTERM PRIORITY TO LEVEL
  • LEVER THOR. Seriously. He is stable on his own and works well with most charactes. Since you have a well done Modern Storm he will take you to MUCH greater things soon. Top priority to level should be him since he has covers and partners waiting already in Storm/Daken
  • Recruit Doom and Punisher too. Punisher is needed for many events and longterm he is good. Doom has a nigh busted black ability and if you wanted to JUST buff him you could run him with MN Magneto, create blue and then next turn convert those to Black with Doom for his stuff.

...also keep praying for more blue covers for that Classic Storm. She keeps getting red iso for events and with 5 covers she stuns her target for 3 turns...and does 2200 to THEIR WHOLE TEAM every time she uses it. Now think about that coupled with MN Magneto who can put 3 blue on the board at the cost of purple generally netting you 4 to 5 blue at a time. Sexxxxxxy.
This is really banking on me getting more 3* OBWs though, isn't it? And even still, wouldn't she still similarly help out other characters that peak at higher levels with less need for explicit compensation? I sort of share the similar worries of Gotchaye below.

And yeah Classic Storm seems super awesome as a hero. Definitely not letting go of her soon but I can't do more without covers ATM.

I'm definitely in it for the long term, already been playing for close to or maybe over a month (and participating in every PvP tournament I can dedicate to for a good return) and truthfully I don't mind a grind either as long as I'm still able to make progress, but yeah I share the same fear for Juggs. ISO better spent elsewhere and as a better long-term investment.

I'm currently in a bracket where I'd get a Psylocke by the end of today but would much rather the Astonishing Wolverines below as I think it's better for the long run. Current bracket has more HP though, I think that's even more of a precious resource, doubt I'll get the chance to get this much HP at once again, heh. If I do get a Psylocke though, should it take priority over some of my other heroes? She seems like the hot thing in Events cause she's new but that can change.

If you think you can manage to transition from 1-star to 3-star, you can certainly try, but I'd recommend against it. Especially not with a mid tier like Psylocke.

The current game state, the mechanics are heavily handicapping mid level players allowing 1-star players to win 3-star covers. The problem with this is unless you grind 25/7 or drop money, it's gonna be a long way to maximize those cards.

Dispatch

Enzo,
You're going to get more OBW covers, believe me. I've had her maxed for a few weeks and keep getting more and more OBW covers. It's not like I play all the time, nor do I have a crazy good record. In fact, I've not paid a cent for the game.

Really, you WILL get more covers for OBW. Now, Spider-man, on the other hand... :)

Having a Psylocke is really helping me do well in this event. She isn't even leveled, but with Mags and C Storm buffed, she doesn't need to be. Haven't started newest labs yet though, so I may be speaking too soon

Gotchaye

Yeah I thought we were just referring to that. I've gotten a lot of Original covers and sold them all.

So Juggernaut is headed to the guillotine I guess.

No, Grey Widow is not a very popular character anymore. It used to be possible to generate a lot of green very quickly to fuel her sniper rifle, but she no longer works very well.

Original Widow is probably the most useful 2* at the moment, and functions well in 3* teams for some of the same reasons that Modern Storm remains competitive after other 1* characters have fallen behind. She's a battery for higher-level characters with her two AP-stealing skills, she has a respectable party heal, and her black passive (probably unintentionally) benefits twice from strike tiles. Shaowebb was suggesting that you use OBW's heal to keep Juggernaut's health topped up.

He's the first legendary I've gotten, so I keep him around as a novelty, but yeah, X Force Wolverine sees next to zero usage from me. My encounter with X Force in The Simulator actually kind of impressed me, now that I saw what he can do with all powers and high stats. Recovery really made things tough for me, and Enraged Slash got rid of a good amount of my countdowns and strike tiles.

X-Force Wolverine is very good if you can get like 2 of each cover, but it's so hard that very few people meet that requirement. I have 3 in his Green and that's it. He was buffed for a single PvE event and a few of the PvP events. I remember there was the Wolverine specific one where he was buffed and since I had him at ~60 I toyed around with him, the number of strike tiles he generates with X Slash or whatever it's called is bonkers...

I would consider C Storm, Thor, and Punisher somewhat essential for the current event.

shaowebb

Yeah I thought we were just referring to that. I've gotten a lot of Original covers and sold them all.

So Juggernaut is headed to the guillotine I guess.

Im telling you that you will regret it. 6 green to sweep the board? Thor able to make green? THE BROTHERHOOD.

If you lose a storm for a bit Juggernaut/Thor/OBW will be a great backup plan.

I undestand though...you aren't in the scenario I was. You'd have to level him up and while he would go fast for awhile he's backup material and you already have potential big guys to spend levels on already. I still get mileage out of him though. Not a main, but you missed an opportunity for a damned solid backup who buys you a lease on life in these brotherhood events when you run out of heals and your Storm gets downed. Dude has bought me enough time to get more heals several times with his screen control.

So my game re-linked to my normal Facebook account instead of the one I created for Gaf and whatnot. I cannot figure a way to change which Facebook account I'm using. I removed the app from my normal Facebook account but when it goes to send ISO and stuff to friends it's still connected to the wrong account. Any ideas?

zulux21

X-Force Wolverine is very good if you can get like 2 of each cover, but it's so hard that very few people meet that requirement. I have 3 in his Green and that's it. He was buffed for a single PvE event and a few of the PvP events. I remember there was the Wolverine specific one where he was buffed and since I had him at ~60 I toyed around with him, the number of strike tiles he generates with X Slash or whatever it's called is bonkers...

I would consider C Storm, Thor, and Punisher somewhat essential for the current event.

You could give me 5 covers of every color for x force wolverine and I doubt I would use him over patch... his skills are so bad... sure he makes lots of strike tiles with x slash but they are so weak unless he is boosted.... and his healing move is beyond terrible @_@... oh yeah I will heal him completely if my heal move triggers.... oh damn it I got a lucky cascade while waiting for the super long timer to go down...

You could give me 5 covers of every color for x force wolverine and I doubt I would use him over patch... his skills are so bad... sure he makes lots of strike tiles with x slash but they are so weak unless he is boosted.... and his healing move is beyond terrible @_@... oh yeah I will heal him completely if my heal move triggers.... oh damn it I got a lucky cascade while waiting for the super long timer to go down...

Yea, but I think that has more to do with Patch Wolverine being absolute bullshit. They nerfed Astonishing Wolverine, then came out with Patch who has basically the same skills as the old Astonishing Wolverine, but in most cases better. X-Force needs his heal changed, he's basically the rarest card character in the game, and he's worse than most 3-Star Heroes.

So my game re-linked to my normal Facebook account instead of the one I created for Gaf and whatnot. I cannot figure a way to change which Facebook account I'm using. I removed the app from my normal Facebook account but when it goes to send ISO and stuff to friends it's still connected to the wrong account. Any ideas?
Prolly auto-signing in because of Facebook app or perhaps browser saved login.

zulux21

Yea, but I think that has more to do with Patch Wolverine being absolute bullshit. They nerfed Astonishing Wolverine, then came out with Patch who has basically the same skills as the old Astonishing Wolverine, but in most cases better. X-Force needs his heal changed, he's basically the rarest card character in the game, and he's worse than most 3-Star Heroes.

patch aside I always found 4 star wolverine pathetic... given inviso woman's buff though I imagine 4 star wolverine will be pretty sexy once they buff him... aka something people will actually want in their party because he is awesome, instead of because he is super rare.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How do daily rewards work? Is it the same progression for everyone or random?

No, Grey Widow is not a very popular character anymore. It used to be possible to generate a lot of green very quickly to fuel her sniper rifle, but she no longer works very well.

Original Widow is probably the most useful 2* at the moment, and functions well in 3* teams for some of the same reasons that Modern Storm remains competitive after other 1* characters have fallen behind. She's a battery for higher-level characters with her two AP-stealing skills, she has a respectable party heal, and her black passive (probably unintentionally) benefits twice from strike tiles. Shaowebb was suggesting that you use OBW's heal to keep Juggernaut's health topped up.
I just drew a Grey Widow Purple power card too. Welp. And a Black Psylocke (will keep her around for the rest of this event at the very least). At this point, might just be better to see which of like 3*s are worth keeping and just keep those.

Well this is what I'm thinking:

Just sold Hawkeye - - - open slot #1.
Sell Grey BW - - - open slot #2 +25 HP
Sell Grey BW in rewards - - - +25 HP
Sell Daredevil (or another 3* I have currently, Ambush is the only real power I find would be useful and it's not the one I have) - - - open slot #3, +25 HP and enough to open a 4th slot

Then I can recruit Punisher, Magneto (Classic), Doom and Magneto (NOW).

I guess I really need to pay attention to patch notes closer. I had no idea they drastically rebalanced everything so often, which is kind of shitty at the same time considering how much time/resources people invest into covers and characters.
Stay free, Capcom

They have focused a lot on balance the past few monthes. There was an announcement at one point saying they were going to start focusing on balance changes since most players were using the exact same hero lineups--in this case Astonishing Wolverine and Thor. And that's downplying it quite a bit, Thor/Wolv was literally 95% of players in PvP events, with the third hero generally being the featured event hero or Classic Storm/Daken.

They have pushed out a lot of content lately, and changed a lot of heroes around. Of the top of my head Thor and Wolverine got completely revamped, Classic Storm has seen 2-3 changes, Venom has changed noticably, Jugg has been changed, Invisible Woman became ridiculous, Magneto has changed--you get the idea. On top of that they have worked on adding like 3 new heroes the past 3 weeks--Daredevil, Psylocke, and now Black Panther--after going like 3 months only adding 1-2 heroes.

zulux21

How do daily rewards work? Is it the same progression for everyone or random?

I just drew a Grey Widow Purple power card too. Welp. And a Black Psylocke (will keep her around for the rest of this event at the very least). At this point, might just be better to see which of like 3*s are worth keeping and just keep those.

Well this is what I'm thinking:

Just sold Hawkeye - - - open slot #1.
Sell Grey BW - - - open slot #2 +25 HP
Sell Grey BW in rewards - - - +25 HP
Sell Daredevil (or another 3* I have currently, Ambush is the only real power I find would be useful and it's not the one I have) - - - open slot #3, +25 HP and enough to open a 4th slot

Then I can recruit Punisher, Magneto (Classic), Doom and Magneto (NOW).

I guess I really need to pay attention to patch notes closer. I had no idea they drastically rebalanced everything so often, which is kind of shitty at the same time considering how much time/resources people invest into covers and characters.
Stay free, Capcom
I wouldn't sell daredevil... he is likely going to be required for certain matches in the PVE for at least the next few events.

Between the Lone Star tournament and Simulation, I wouldn't recommend ever selling anyone.

I guess I don't mind buying HP for opening up slots and supporting the devs because this is pretty much the main game I play now, across all consoles, and I really do find it worth the money. Do other people not? I get there's a lot of egregious Freemium scheming out there, but has that landed at people thinking games just aren't worth anything anymore? I saw someone on the d3 forum that was like "The fun of this game is playing without ever spending money." Like, damn, the whole gaming industry is turning into that Aimee Mann Portlandia episode.

The thing about spending money and keeping a broad roster is that it actually pays off and is immeasurably more fun. I don't have to sit things out, I don't ever get covers like "Aw, that would have been helpful had I not sold that dude."

I mean, I've spent $60 on games I didn't play past a few weeks. And as of today I've been playing this one every day for 125 days straight, apparently. Personally, that's certainly worth spending money on.

I guess that's sort of off topic, but I see a lot of people talk about keeping or ditching characs and that like never occurred to me.

Anilones

I'm really not feeling too enthused about the current event. After missing out the first day and two sub-events and not having a Psylocke, every battle feels too much of an effort, especially with how the PvE events are scaled. I hope it's a short-term thing as I've been playing this game for months and have really enjoyed playing it.

animus82

Banned
I want to rip my penis off with the Ares, Venom, and Rags Fight. If you don't collect the green or black you get fuck up bad. Then if you let your guard down Ares fuck you up with Sunder.

.. I feeel you bro.

I just got blown up by Sunder cause I followed this strat as well.

You need the green to build Patch up to start putting out strike tiles and as a result you aren't watching the orange tiles...

cobell

Hmm, so the latest update has introduced some sort of Alliance thing. No idea what is does or if there is a max player limit (though the only one I've seen is set to 5). It costs 2500 ISO to create, I imagine it may be upgradeable maybe. Could be some alternative to facebook friends.

Of course, nowhere I have seen actually explains what this is. Anyone interested in forming one up? I can make one provided someone comes up with an awesome name.

Hmm, so the latest update has introduced some sort of Alliance thing. No idea what is does or if there is a max player limit (though the only one I've seen is set to 5). It costs 2500 ISO to create, I imagine it may be upgradeable maybe. Could be some alternative to facebook friends.

Of course, nowhere I have seen actually explains what this is. Anyone interested in forming one up? I can make one provided someone comes up with an awesome name.

IT'S OUT?????

cobell

Update is live on my Android tablet at least. Not sure about PC or iOS.

There's also some kind of ISO bonus in PVP matches which drops as you skip other teams. Starts at 30 and drops by 10 each team.

zulux21

I believe someone talked about starting one up, but if you have the 2500 and feel like it…

We could call it… The Uncanny GAF-vengers

I really don't know why I was.... but I was surprised it cost money lol.
also sounds like all boosts but the crit damage one have been retired... no real info on the new boosts yet

cobell

Yeah unsurprising it costs money. There is a Alliance name limit which is about a 14 characters long.

And according to the offical forums, max size is 5 people, and there's no way to restrict who joins (but you can promote/kick), and there seems to be no current benefit. soo... hilarious.

But, whatever, I have some free ISO due to the events, so I made an alliance called "GAF-vengers". Feel free to search and join, but respond here so I know to promote you to a "commander" whatever that eventually means.

zulux21

Yeah unsurprising it costs money. There is a Alliance name limit which is about a 14 characters long.

And according to the offical forums, max size is 5 people, and there's no way to restrict who joins (but you can promote/kick), and there seems to be no current benefit. soo... hilarious.

But, whatever, I have some free ISO due to the events, so I made an alliance called "GAF-vengers". Feel free to search and join.
I'd join but the update isn't live for me :(

I am surprised guilds cost iso instead of HP though.

But, whatever, I have some free ISO due to the events, so I made an alliance called "GAF-vengers". Feel free to search and join, but respond here so I know to promote you to a "commander" whatever that eventually means.

DLing the update now. I'll look for the GAF-As to join. Watch for 'KidInsomnia'.

zulux21

You guys are missing the coolest part. You can respec characters now!

that would be cool if I could get any worthwhile covers... I am in a horrible slump there

I have gotten like 20 recruit tokens in the last 48 hours... all of them ended up just being 1 stars :(

Top Bottom