• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Went to bed in the top 50. Ended up in the top 200. Thought I had done enough to stay top 100 :(

sorry to hear that. I never trust PVE events near the end.
with this last one i got in fairly early on (aka an old bracket) and got to 45th with 90 minutes to go and I still had to sit there and grind some matchs with 30 minutes left as i had dropped to 83rd and didn't want to miss out on the thor cover.

shugdaddy

Neo Member
The event finished at 4am for me so no last minute grinding. I'll just get in early on the next one really could have done with a modern Thor though.

Managed to snag top 2.

The rubberbanding is strong and seems to be the same from the last juggs heroic. Placement can literally be decided in the last minutes.

Imo the optimal strategy is not about doing missions from lowest points to highest points or vice versa. It's very time sensitive. So you have to plan from slowest points per min to highest points per min. It's important to note that difficulty and points in these missions are not strongly correlated. I think I was only around 15th in the final hour and didn't breech top 2 until the final 10 mins.

Landed at #4 in the end. Could have maybe snagged a top 2 spot if I didn't stupidly keep trying and losing harder fights in the last hour instead of grinding down easier ones for more guaranteed points. Still, though, three Thors ain't nothing to sneeze on.

animus82

Banned
I'm taking it easy with these Jug Events.

Since there is no 3* cover points progression. I'm recharging until the next event.

ALso, they better have another alliance thing soon or people will be pissed.

zulux21

that feeling when you realize you missed a digit in thors level as he showed up with 11k+ life.
that feeling when you don't realize that he had 11k life until after you already used patch's 5 cover green move twice.
that feeling when you manage to kill the thor only getting your black widow hurt/killed

moments like that are why I sitll play lol.

edit:
I really really really wish the freaken selected character didn't change when passives trigger.... totally just used patches green due to him healing when I was trying to aggressive recon... it was painful so very painful @_@

heh... well there goes any motivation i had... I was up at 775 and went down to 650 in a matter of 5 minutes :/ I was just trying to hit 800 for the first time :(

Apparently Ares/OBW/Thor is the new wombocombo that makes me want to throw my phone out the window. Nothing like fighting the same 3 hero lineup in every PvP event. It's either those 3 or level 140+'s...

In heroic juggs, the match against ragnarok daken and magneto is SUPER HARD. Magneto is super good

I was originally targeting Daken first but now I just nuke Magneto. Once he's down it's a joke as long as you can keep Daken from spammin strike tiles.

sibarraz

Banned
Apparently Ares/OBW/Thor is the new wombocombo that makes me want to throw my phone out the window. Nothing like fighting the same 3 hero lineup in every PvP event. It's either those 3 or level 140+'s...

I was originally targeting Daken first but now I just nuke Magneto. Once he's down it's a joke as long as you can keep Daken from spammin strike tiles.

I do the same, problem is that magneto is still super hard to beat and if he manages to relocates some puzzles he could pull 2000 of damage which could equilibrate things even if you kill him

Askani

Ugh. I simply cannot beat this level 150 Daken/Lieutenant/Soldier team. All their special tiles are placed nowhere near other tiles for matches and they keep getting amazo-awesome chains that kill my special tiles. I've only been able to kill the Lieutenant and Soldier one time before Daken finished me off.

zulux21

I am surprised people target daken first. I always collect some colors so I can spam moves on him as otherwise his healing keeps him around forever... I just try to match the red strikes off the board and avoid matching green unless I really need it until I am ready to kill him

in other news... so tempted to get greedy
7BlmZ.jpg
but given 1st was 50 points higher 5 minutes ago (they unshielded for a bit) I don't think I should risk it lol.

Damn it, I'm level 49 in Lord of Thunder with 2 minutes left. I'd really like a Psylocke (50+), since I don't have her at all... I wonder which is the bigger gamble, fighting or not?

zulux21

Damn it, I'm level 49 in Lord of Thunder with 2 minutes left. I'd really like a Psylocke (50+), since I don't have her at all... I wonder which is the bigger gamble, fighting or not?

it depends if you think you can win the fight in time.

it seems I could have gone for first without much issue.. i didn't get attacked for the first 40 min I had my shield up >.>
oh well 1 crappy yellow wolverine 4 star cover wasn't worth risking all my psylockes for.

Cool! I didn't risk it, and landed either 49 or 50 and got a Psylocke.

Wow, these prizes for Divine Champions are pretty lousy. Doom and Bullseye. Great.

Gotchaye

Still got the top 10 I was aiming for even with the comm link disruption. On the other hand the game seems to have entered me in a Heroic Mode bracket despite the fact that I haven't played a mission.

Sadist

Yay top ten finish in Lords of Thunder. Guess the Lightning Round takes away enough attention.

Got a lvl 30 Psylocke now, cool.

Thor lvl 85
Wolverine lvl 85
Spider-Man classic lvl 71
Captain America lvl 69
Bullseye lvl 64
Hulk lvl 43
Doctor Doom lvl 38
Invisible Woman lvl 30
Psylocke lvl 30
Wolverine Patch lvl 30
Punisher lvl 30
Iron Man New Version lvl 28
Daredevil, Magneto, Loki lvl 15

So a pretty good team :)

Man, I really need a Spider Man. Maybe I'll try to hit this Patch lightning round in 20 minutes since I have a decent Patch (lv 62 with 5 on yellow). Who are the best teammates for Patch?

You were actually able to play? I would've done it.

Oh, I thought the disruption was just me. Nope, I didn't play. Actually, if the disruption was global, that was probably the lucky break that froze me at 49!

Gotchaye

Man, I really need a Spider Man. Maybe I'll try to hit this Patch lightning round in 20 minutes since I have a decent Patch (lv 62 with 5 on yellow). Who are the best teammates for Patch?

Anyone who can stun or who can do lots of instances of damage. Stunning the other team means that they don't benefit from Patch's purple strike tiles, and you benefit more from his green tiles the more times you do damage. The top three partners for him are probably Magneto, Spider-Man, and OBW. Magneto can machine gun his red at 2 AP and can keep his blue going almost indefinitely. OBW gets double strike tiles on her blue, purple, and black matches (I really like Patch/Magneto/OBW for PvE because a low-level Magneto's blue yields OBW matches). Spider-Man stunlocks.

Sadist

I've been lucky with the recruitment tokens though. From the last ten standard one star tokens, I pulled a Hulk, Patch, Spider-Man and Iron Man Model 40.

zulux21

Oh, I thought the disruption was just me. Nope, I didn't play. Actually, if the disruption was global, that was probably the lucky break that froze me at 49!

i don't have a good mags or spidey so I just run a level 85 3/5/5 black widow with my level 115 (5/5/2) patch. (i wish I had more yellow, at the same time his healing is rarely an issue >.>)

Gotchaye

Not the best, but good alternatives for low levels if you don't have many 3-stars are Daken or Bullseye imo.

Yeah, Bullseye in particular has good synergy with Patch. Protect tiles are nice when you're trying to collect AP to alpha strike, they mitigate the damage from Patch's purple strike tiles, and they take up purple real estate preventing the strike tiles from being created in the first place.

cobell

I would say Loki is a potentially good teammate for Patch as you could theoretically use Loki to swap any damage tiles you give enemies into protect tiles for yourself.

zulux21

I would say Loki is a potentially good teammate for Patch as you could theoretically use Loki to swap any damage tiles you give enemies into protect tiles for yourself.

loki is ok, the issue is until you have patch go off (which would require 9 green and 10 or 11 black or whatever loki needs) he doesn't do to much aside swap tiles around. Really it would be nice if he got his third move already.

when you do make it go off though you feel like a god as the enemy can only do 1 damage to you...
but in general I have found it more effective just to not give the enemy another turn after you use patch >.>;

Spoit

loki is ok, the issue is until you have patch go off (which would require 9 green and 10 or 11 black or whatever loki needs) he doesn't do to much aside swap tiles around. Really it would be nice if he got his third move already.

when you do make it go off though you feel like a god as the enemy can only do 1 damage to you...
but in general I have found it more effective just to not give the enemy another turn after you use patch >.>;

Yeah, loki/patch is...okay. Like if you have to use him for lightning rounds, or this tournament. But that takes a lot of black too pull off

zulux21

Yeah, loki/patch is...okay. Like if you have to use him for lightning rounds, or this tournament. But that takes a lot of black too pull off

yup... I would rather use that black for something like a cocktail for 2k damage to all after a patch strike instead (though if I had a full panther he would likely be a good partner to patch... baring nerfs my future team will likely be obw, patch, and panther... panther would make it so widow's espionage only works on purple, but that would protect her a bit more and she can steal blue and black with her recon... and with panthers yellow and black I would have a use for every color mwa ha ha ha)

animus82

Banned
Guys,

I'm getting tired of constantly being forced to use OBW to win.

If the AI uses OBW and I Don't it becomes a drag and my guys get too hurt.

zulux21

Guys,

I'm getting tired of constantly being forced to use OBW to win.

If the AI uses OBW and I Don't it becomes a drag and my guys get too hurt.

then spend money and get a spiderman.
or spend money on health packs :/
or just play casually and let your characters heal over time.
those are really your only 4 choices right now. The game needs more characters that can heal.

animus82

Banned
then spend money and get a spiderman.
or spend money on health packs :/
or just play casually and let your characters heal over time.
those are really your only 4 choices right now. The game needs more characters that can heal.

My spidey is 3/3/0 and I've spent enough money on this game. Oh well, guess it's like this until I can earn enough HP to lvl the spidey some more.

WE need more alliance events. Having you guys help me earn HP is pretty sweet.

Original Black Widow. And Spidey is more boring imo. At least obw has some offensive capabilities; Spidey is pure D.

I'm going to guess that alliance events are only gonna be once a week for the weekend tourney. But I hope they implement alliance coop pve.

Ugh... I am really kicking myself for selling Classic Hawkeye. He would be so useful for these countdown tile enemies. They are brutal! I just recently made some space for him again so I hope I can max out his covers soon. Juggs is helping me luck my way out of some hairy situations though with his tile crush. But sometimes there is just nothing you can do.

zulux21

We still have an empty spot in the second neogaf alliance "GAF-Men". That will put us at 5.

If you have issues filling the spot and just want someone in there my wife could join. She is more of a casual player but she could still add 300-500 points to an event.
she is not actually a neogaf member officially though, she just reads over my shoulder a lot ><;

Whelp, I guess you guys can stop reserving a spot for me on the roster.

It's been maybe two weeks and they still haven't fixed their game. I literally can't even open the app anymore. Even if I make it back I'll be behind. You should give the spot to somebody that can play if you haven't already.

shaowebb

It's been maybe two weeks and they still haven't fixed their game. I literally can't even open the app anymore. Even if I make it back I'll be behind. You should give the spot to somebody that can play if you haven't already.

Do you own a computer? Is there a way to link your account to Steam based off of your registering?

zulux21

oh come on it's not that bad. I am effectively 6 weeks behind most of you guys and I handle things alright :p
hmm so a new captain america is coming eh... hopefully he isn't just a 3 star version of what we have and is actually an interesting and useful character.

Top Bottom